• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daktari

• soonbe110

• The Hogfather

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, The Gorgie said:

Guessing those who have season tickets in the roseburn will be given first dips.

Nothing on my account yet offering the chance to buy.

The Hogfather

Hard to see many walkups being available for this one, two sections in the Roseburn that are on offer for normal fixtures are obviously unavailable.

41 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Are they 3 "home" stands not completely sold out with STs? 

I would think so, that's why the Roseburn was offered at a discounted rate for ST's...... Seemed like a good idea at the time but the closer it gets the more I'm hacked off I don't have the Hibs game. Any tickets available will depend on ST holders in the other three stands not going for whatever reason. Probably not many.

Edited by Daktari

58 minutes ago, Daktari said:

I would think so, that's why the Roseburn was offered at a discounted rate for ST's...... Seemed like a good idea at the time but the closer it gets the more I'm hacked off I don't have the Hibs game. Any tickets available will depend on ST holders in the other three stands not going for whatever reason. Probably not many.

At that time of year could be quite a few available on ticket exchange.  Good few folk away on holiday. 

AlphonseCapone
28 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

At that time of year could be quite a few available on ticket exchange.  Good few folk away on holiday. 

Yup, first game I'm missing this season :(

I just hope fans that are away use the seat sub so we don't end up with hundreds of empty seats across the three stands. 

The sell outs this season have been far from it. Yes ticket money has been banked but it looks poor when it's half empty amd we have the sold out signs up.  

5 minutes ago, Bainy said:

I just hope fans that are away use the seat sub so we don't end up with hundreds of empty seats across the three stands. 

The sell outs this season have been far from it. Yes ticket money has been banked but it looks poor when it's half empty amd we have the sold out signs up.  

THIS 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻     👌

Dennis Reynolds
1 hour ago, Yoda said:

The sooner we cut the H1b5 allocation and put Hearts fans first, the better.

They'll cut our allocation at Easter Road meaning Hearts fans lose out anyway. Double edged sword.

8 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

They'll cut our allocation at Easter Road meaning Hearts fans lose out anyway. Double edged sword.

I’m torn on this as well. As much as I’d like to see a reduced hobo away support and Tynecastle packed out with our own support, I actually love an away day down at the Methadome. We’d just invite a tit for tat and it was well known that Roseburn ST’s weren’t getting this home game. Until there is a constant demand for tickets and sell outs at every home game then I’d suggest we leave it as is. Lots of us like an away visit there. You only have to look at the shenanigans of the erse cheeks to know that the atmosphere isn’t the same as when they gave up one whole stand and offered a reduced allocation to each other. Enough about them though, beating your fiercest rivals on their on patch and having the full stand bouncing is something I’ll never get tired of. Wouldn’t be the same with just 800 or so of us there. Would make getting home over the BOD a lot quicker though! 

24 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

I’m torn on this as well. As much as I’d like to see a reduced hobo away support and Tynecastle packed out with our own support, I actually love an away day down at the Methadome. We’d just invite a tit for tat and it was well known that Roseburn ST’s weren’t getting this home game. Until there is a constant demand for tickets and sell outs at every home game then I’d suggest we leave it as is. Lots of us like an away visit there. You only have to look at the shenanigans of the erse cheeks to know that the atmosphere isn’t the same as when they gave up one whole stand and offered a reduced allocation to each other. Enough about them though, beating your fiercest rivals on their on patch and having the full stand bouncing is something I’ll never get tired of. Wouldn’t be the same with just 800 or so of us there. Would make getting home over the BOD a lot quicker though! 

Yes, I’m at every ER game but have to admit that I think it’s wrong that circa 2k Hearts fans, many of them season ticket holders, don’t get to watch us play the Edinburgh derby at home just so that I can go to ER to watch Hibs twice per season. 
If we cut their allocation they may reciprocate but I doubt they have enough punters to buy our seats so I suspect they would cut the allocation once or twice then we would be back to our current allocation.  Their owner isn’t stupid when it comes to cash flow. 
Tricky topic though and I’m sure our support is split on the issue. 

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes, I’m at every ER game but have to admit that I think it’s wrong that circa 2k Hearts fans, many of them season ticket holders, don’t get to watch us play the Edinburgh derby at home just so that I can go to ER to watch Hibs twice per season. 
If we cut their allocation they may reciprocate but I doubt they have enough punters to buy our seats so I suspect they would cut the allocation once or twice then we would be back to our current allocation.  Their owner isn’t stupid when it comes to cash flow. 

This. 👍🇱🇻

Disser Pointon
9 hours ago, Bainy said:

When does that open up for exchanges?

53 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Agreed. I’ve been singing this hymn on here ever since the proposal to cut the uglies allocation started being discussed. Hibs couldn’t afford to cut our allocation unless they want to lose £60,000 and have even more empty seats. It’s almost time to call their bluff, especially after the way their dregs behaved last time. 

Edited by Shaggy2

Difficult subject. I Understand and appreciate people being annoyed on my behalf that the Hearts section of Roseburn won't be available to ST holders, but my personal view is I knew that before I bought my season ticket, so while it hurts a bit I've no real complaints. I don't think I have any right either to suggest that Hearts cut the Hibs allocation for my benefit if it means people might miss out on an ER trip... I suppose it comes down to a business decision in the end. I'd hope that here would be some way that the ST holders from Roseburn might get first option on resale tickets, but appreciate that might not be the easiest thing to do either and... disadvantages those who couldn't get a season ticket and have to walk up. There will aways be someone let down, but to go back to my original point, I knew what I was buying when I got it.

The Hogfather

Hibs voted to send us down even though it cost them £100,000 in prize money. To think they wouldn’t slash our allocation because of £60,000 is naive at best. 

The Old Firm derby, as a spectacle, has suffered as a result of them slashing each others ticket allocations. I’m not sure I’d like the same thing to happen here. 

18 minutes ago, Daktari said:

Difficult subject. I Understand and appreciate people being annoyed on my behalf that the Hearts section of Roseburn won't be available to ST holders, but my personal view is I knew that before I bought my season ticket, so while it hurts a bit I've no real complaints. I don't think I have any right either to suggest that Hearts cut the Hibs allocation for my benefit if it means people might miss out on an ER trip... I suppose it comes down to a business decision in the end. I'd hope that here would be some way that the ST holders from Roseburn might get first option on resale tickets, but appreciate that might not be the easiest thing to do either and... disadvantages those who couldn't get a season ticket and have to walk up. There will aways be someone let down, but to go back to my original point, I knew what I was buying when I got it.

Given the Hibs end generally sells out, and the segregation costs and risks of only giving Hibs a few sections, I would think there is no financial gain to be had in changing things.  

4 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Hibs voted to send us down even though it cost them £100,000 in prize money. To think they wouldn’t slash our allocation because of £60,000 is naive at best. 

The Old Firm derby, as a spectacle, has suffered as a result of them slashing each others ticket allocations. I’m not sure I’d like the same thing to happen here. 

I agree with both your points here.  If we cut Hibs allocation, then I'd be amazed if they didn't do the same regardless whether they could sell the tickets.

The old firm game is nowhere near what it was with effectively no away fans allowed and I'd argue the Edinburgh Derby is now best for atmosphere in Scotland

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Given the Hibs end generally sells out, and the segregation costs and risks of only giving Hibs a few sections, I would think there is no financial gain to be had in changing things.  

I agree Dave. When I said 'business decision' I wasn't meaning in terms of revenue, or at least not entirely. I suppose what i was trying to say is that the club might feel that they would want to look after their own support as a business decision, but personally I don't feel they should have any moral obligation to do so and certainly not on my behalf. Oversubscription of support, be it home or away ends is a good thing. 

There will still be a Hibby sitting in 'my' seat though........:sick:

14 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I don't think they can afford to cut our Easter road allocation. 

Unlike the Roseburn Stand, you can't split the away end at Easter Road and keep the fans apart outside the ground.  Police wouldn't allow it.

I prefer Hibs getting the full Roseburn, means we get the full stand at their place. No mass segregation, thus more money. 

Better atmosphere as well.

willie wallace

Hibs away is my favourite game of the season .

Nothing beats the whole away end celebrating a win down there.

There is no chance that Hibs would allow us the full end if we cut their allocation.

The pressure from their fans would force them to do the same.

The Treasurer
6 hours ago, Yoda said:

I don't think they can afford to cut our Easter road allocation. 

Unlike the Roseburn Stand, you can't split the away end at Easter Road and keep the fans apart outside the ground.  Police wouldn't allow it.

When they were putting up the lego bricks to build the (b)East stand we only got half the Dunbar end for the Obua derby 

The Hogfather

I do always wonder when the subject is broached, how many of those saying they wouldn't be bothered with Hibs slashing our allocation actually bother going to Easter Road themselves.

Stewie Griffin
4 hours ago, willie wallace said:

Hibs away is my favourite game of the season .

Nothing beats the whole away end celebrating a win down there.

There is no chance that Hibs would allow us the full end if we cut their allocation.

The pressure from their fans would force them to do the same.

Totally agree with you. 

34 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

I do always wonder when the subject is broached, how many of those saying they wouldn't be bothered with Hibs slashing our allocation actually bother going to Easter Road themselves.

I do. But I don’t think our allocation would be slashed for long.  They give the OF the entire end and only get one small section at Ibrox and Parkhead in return. 

17 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

When they were putting up the lego bricks to build the (b)East stand we only got half the Dunbar end for the Obua derby 

I remember it and it was a bit of a cluster, keeping the fans apart after the game.

On 06/12/2022 at 10:11, The Hogfather said:

Different owners with a more business like approach. Ron the con won’t give up £60K like daft Leanne would just to pander to their fans, plus the loss in 2019/20 was accepted in the “knowledge” that it would harm us more than them. How’s that working out? They probably didn’t foresee a season behind closed doors with us getting a grant and them getting a loan to see them through it. I’d say we won out of that and they Hibsed it big time. 

As for the OF game, yes it’s a poor spectacle now but you’re talking under 2% away fans at that game packed into a tiny corner. Basing it on 1,500 Hibs fans, they’ll get 7.5% and half of behind the goal can make a decent din if the away team are doing well, God forbid. 
Like @soonbe110 I think they would probably cut our allocation for one or two games before selling us the full stand again and as I said earlier, it doesn’t even have to be about numbers, it’s time we warned them about the conduct of their fans and use that as the reason they’re not welcome. 

4 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Different owners with a more business like approach. Ron the con won’t give up £60K like daft Leanne would just to pander to their fans, plus the loss in 2019/20 was accepted in the “knowledge” that it would harm us more than them. How’s that working out? They probably didn’t foresee a season behind closed doors with us getting a grant and them getting a loan to see them through it. I’d say we won out of that and they Hibsed it big time. 

As for the OF game, yes it’s a poor spectacle now but you’re talking under 2% away fans at that game packed into a tiny corner. Basing it on 1,500 Hibs fans, they’ll get 7.5% and half of behind the goal can make a decent din if the away team are doing well, God forbid. 
Like @soonbe110 I think they would probably cut our allocation for one or two games before selling us the full stand again and as I said earlier, it doesn’t even have to be about numbers, it’s time we warned them about the conduct of their fans and use that as the reason they’re not welcome. 

👏👏

WheatfieldWarrior
On 06/12/2022 at 13:02, DG_HMFC said:

I prefer Hibs getting the full Roseburn, means we get the full stand at their place. No mass segregation, thus more money. 

Agree with this.  Ticketing arrangements with hibs seems to have been amicable in recent years. Best to keep this as it is.

Doctor FinnBarr
On 07/12/2022 at 16:24, Shaggy2 said:

100%

Blue sky thinking ...

Seeing as both clubs have big screens, we could come to an agreement whereby we lock them out of Tynie. They can sell (give away) tickets for Albion Place Stadium and we'll show their fans on our big screens.

In return, they can lock us out but must show our fans on their big screens on a live feed from Tynie.

Volume at each venue in Decibels agreed in advance.

Thus, it'll become very, very clear as to who is the wee team.

They would be giving out tickets for free, whereas we'd sell out every time.

A total win/win/win for us.

:greatpost:

Seen someone on twitter say ticket exchange was opening this week but not seen anything from the club to suggest that? 

3 hours ago, Wearsider said:

Seen someone on twitter say ticket exchange was opening this week but not seen anything from the club to suggest that? 

It's open for Kilmarnock match. 

On 06/12/2022 at 13:02, DG_HMFC said:

This.

Plus, we don’t want tarred with the same tit for tat brush as the arsechheeks…simultaneously ruining the best thing about a derby, and that’s the atmosphere. The more of them who witness getting a hiding at Tynecastle the better, and the more of us who are there to ram it up them on their dump the better too.

Sinbad the Sailor
39 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

This.

Plus, we don’t want tarred with the same tit for tat brush as the arsechheeks…simultaneously ruining the best thing about a derby, and that’s the atmosphere. The more of them who witness getting a hiding at Tynecastle the better, and the more of us who are there to ram it up them on their dump the better too.

Spot on

The Hogfather

There's absolutely no chance they'd give us the full stand if we denied them the full Roseburn. You're drastically under playing how petty this mob are when it comes to us. Do you not think Dempster would've had conversations with Ron Gordon about the vote before it was cast? Of course she did. He'd have been well aware of the consequences and they did it anyway, just to shaft Hearts. And they finished 3rd behind closed doors, so they didn't do too badly out of it either.

The only game those mutants ever sell out is when we roll into Leith. So talking about what they give the Old Firm is moot, there's gaps aplenty in the home end when they're in town. Hibs would more than happily try and shift those extra seats to home fans and would continue to for as long as we were cutting their allocation.

If hibs had our fan base (big if) they would 100% be giving us a smaller allocation at easter road. 

So all of you giving it the lovey dovey pish about wanting hibs fans in tynecastle instead of hearts fans should remember that. 

The Hogfather
2 hours ago, Shanks said:

If hibs had our fan base (big if) they would 100% be giving us a smaller allocation at easter road. 

So all of you giving it the lovey dovey pish about wanting hibs fans in tynecastle instead of hearts fans should remember that. 

Then we'd cut their allocation and the problem would be solved.

On 06/12/2022 at 19:26, The Treasurer said:

Correct, and believe it or not, we struggled to sell that out. In fact, I'm not sure if it actually was a sell out in the end. I was 16 at the time and waltzed into the ticket office on the Friday afternoon with zero hope of getting a ticket. Couldn't believe my luck when I walked out with one.

Just now, Daktari said:

Ticket exchange open for the Derby with first dibs for Cat B (Roseburn) ST holders. Result! :) 

That's good they can do that. 

• davemclaren changed the title to V hibs ticket - ticket exchange open