***HMFC v Livingston*** Match Thread

Scott Leitch

9 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Was always going to be a tough game given the form they are in.

Despite what the naysayers say, Nouble would definitely be a player who would be a useful signing and who would offer us something different.

Nouble would be a great signing but we probably cant afford him now. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Don Dan

• Marvin

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, fila said:

The celebration that we managed to draw with Livingston at home 

Which ones tho?

It’s a really good point given how the game went. Firstly Livingston deserve a bit of praise because that is a club punching wayyyyy above their weight. Martindale will get the chance somewhere bigger, wouldn’t be surprised if it’s down Leith to be honest. So yep they made it very difficult for us and should have won. Listen, the ref (and the VAR) were also heavily involved throughout the entire game but it’s us I’m more concerned about and especially the first 10-15 minutes of the 2nd half which was possibly our worst of the season. You simply can’t defend us coming out asleep like that in front of a big home crowd and it handed momentum to a stuffy and well drilled side.

Today is a hugely disappointing result, some what off set by the win at Ross County but the reality is Neilson needs to be winning these home games. He has to beating Killie and St Mirren upon our return. 

Positives: 

Gordon couple of pivotal saves. 

Snodgrass is class but needs better beside and in front of him. 
Return of Halkett.

We keep going and score another late goal.

Good energy from Forrest when he came in.

Negatives: 

Yet another red card.

Rowles now suspended post WC. 
Michael Smith is a great pro but playing far too many minutes for us.

Kio totally underwhelming again. For the fee we paid you’d hope for much more than sideways and backwards possession passes.

Ginnelly regardless of the late goal is nowhere near good enough and I hope we move him on next summer. 

We are in an ok position given all that has happened and we should be big favorites for 3rd. Any and all money that is available in January should be spent on one or two front players as we remain well short in that area. Nobody to bring on today at all. 

Edited by Luckies1874

Churchill Barrier
53 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Possession very even. With 10 men for 30 mins. You nailed it mate. 

BD36D2E6-53D8-40BF-AFE0-18D63CC4027F.jpeg

Its only the possession i got wrong, shots and shots on target almost identical.  

No point having possession if opposition can achieve the same outcome.

How many shots did we have on target on wed night?

Livi wage bill tiny compared to us, yet they always manage to make  game of it.

So ye i did nail it . Cheers

A_A wehatethehibs

Looks like it could be a very, very tight league from 3rd to 12th that could be a very valuable point for us. Good fight and mentality again but FFS we have got to take chances against a stuffy side like that. As

for the refereeing it’s no surprise really the referees are corrupt VAR or otherwise 

Malinga the Swinga

Would help if Agentjambo, fila, Bongo and the others could give us a list of when we can and can't celebrate team scoring & what teams last second equalisers against are to be ignored.

That way, we won't be bothered and can just leave quietly.

9 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He got a red because he was last man and made no attempt to play the ball, although I’d like to hear a referee’s interpretation of still getting a decent shot away

I’m amazed Cochrane never got a red though, ref / VAR did us a favour there. That was more a red than Grant last week but throw in to Hearts was incredible!  I don’t think VAR can overrule it to say yellow though, had to be red or original ref decision of no foul!

I don't like that rule then because they basically get two shots at scoring, I don't know how much more of playing on advantage you can get.

Captain Sausage
1 minute ago, Churchill Barrier said:

Its only the possession i got wrong, shots and shots on target almost identical.  

No point having possession if opposition can achieve the same outcome.

How many shots did we have on target on wed night?

Livi wage bill tiny compared to us, yet they always manage to make  game of it.

So ye i did nail it . Cheers

I told you Livi would park the bus and launch high balls to Nouble. That’s exactly what they did. This isn’t the gotcha you think it is.

You said they’d have equal possession which would infer them setting up to attempt to control the game. That’s the opposite of what they did. 

henrysmithsgloves

Christ that was a sore watch, I'm just trying to comprehend how good we will be if we can keep 11 fully fit,or even just 11 on the pitch for the full game🤬🤬

Dick Dastardly
24 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Of course loans count.  They have been around many teams.  Thats what I thought a journeyman was tbh.  Not that am bothered. 

I would have thought journeyman, in the context of a footballer, was a player that transferred clubs on a regular basis, so not including loans. 

Jeffros Furios
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Would help if Agentjambo, fila, Bongo and the others could give us a list of when we can and can't celebrate team scoring & what teams last second equalisers against are to be ignored.

That way, we won't be bothered and can just leave quietly.

Stop greetin ya big bairn .

Dick Dastardly
23 minutes ago, fila said:

Sitting third because they beat us . It’s very sad that we seem to accept that the result today was ok

Where did i say the result was ok? 

wattie exploited
11 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

73% possession and we should  have shot more.

We tried to walk the ball in. 

most of our possession was in our own half passing it back and sideways pure ****ing shit and slow as **** :rifle:

We didn't play great but again, we come back and salvage a point. A good point at that. 

Not the win we wanted but satisfied we didn't lose the game. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I don't like that rule then because they basically get two shots at scoring, I don't know how much more of playing on advantage you can get.

And that rule very rarely applied as once advantage given, you move on. I doubt it would have been given the other way round.

11 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

73% possession and we should  have shot more.

We tried to walk the ball in. 

Just read that stat, we need to be hitting more before the 18 yard line, said that for ages.

1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

Possession very even. With 10 men for 30 mins. You nailed it mate. 

BD36D2E6-53D8-40BF-AFE0-18D63CC4027F.jpeg

The problem is most of our possession is in our own half.

49 minutes ago, 151 said:

Neither did we mate I thought they were checking for a possible red card for a pull back on Shankland (we sit in Roseburn and didn't get a good look).

Genuinely no idea what the pen was for at all.

Snap, in the Roseburn so presumed it was a penalty check for us.

Then there is the point to our spot, the red and at that point I left! The officials were unbelievably bad today.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

We need at least two better attackers (striker and winger)  in our front line - whatever formation but we knew this weeks before the end of the window so hopefully our recruitment team will have sorted this by our return.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Thunder and Lightning
17 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He got a red because he was last man and made no attempt to play the ball, although I’d like to hear a referee’s interpretation of still getting a decent shot away. 

I’m amazed Cochrane never got a red though, ref / VAR did us a favour there. That was more a red than Grant last week but throw in to Hearts was incredible!  I don’t think VAR can overrule it to say yellow though, had to be red or original ref decision of no foul!

Do the laws mention last man? I don't think they do, it's a popular misconception. It's about a professional or cynical foul with the intent of stopping or attempting to stop a clear goal scoring opportunity. 

Might be me that's wrong. Happened before. 😂 

StirlingJambo

Said it before and certain people might think I’m getting on at him but Kio is a man down. Hides all game behind opposition players when he should be trying to lose his man looking for space. Useless but wasn’t the only player mckay being not far behind him. He should be 15 yards further up and wider looking for through balls but instead is playing wing back passing back to the defence every time.

Edited by StirlingJambo

Thunder and Lightning
7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We didn't play great but again, we come back and salvage a point. A good point at that. 

Not the win we wanted but satisfied we didn't lose the game. 

Way to set a low bar...

Fozzyonthefence
19 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

On the fence ... Nah mate the spike got you right up the ricker... which you no doubt enjoyed immensely! 

Wtf are you on about?  We were shite and thankful to Gordon and Gino for rescuing an unlikely point.  If you think any differently then I’ve no idea what game you watched. 

I’m not sure the homophobic jibe adds any weight to your post either and is against forum rules but it probably sounded funny in your head. 

27 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

It was the players today that we drew with Livingston. You are nothing more than a shite stirrer.

Hearts supporter my arse.

Aye it's always the player's wait until we get Rowles back,Halkett etc.

Difference did they make today?

I will be reporting you for abuse 

1 hour ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

We are HMFC we have a shit manager, half a team who just are not good enough to wear the jersey, a board who are more interested in furnishing a hotel rather than what’s happening on the playing side and our signing policy is a farce I’m sorry but there is not a lot to celebrate 

Can you please post some more come Monday morning?

I’ve got a horrific day at work - on boring calls all day.

need something to entertain me

cheers

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Wow….”loads of chances”.

I recall Shankland having 3-4 opportunities to score - on another day he’d have bagged one or two of them IMO

Fozzyonthefence
18 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

That’s why I’d like to hear a ref’s take on that. He’s presumably saying the jersey pull stopped a goal but I don’t think it did, I think a good save by Gordon did. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

3 minutes ago, Snedescu said:

Anyone know why the one when the keeper wiped out Cammy wasn’t checked. He looked like he was nowhere near the ball. 

Ball had already been played clear so I think that was the reason. In any case that was a tenuous one the blatant hand ball was totally over looked by VAR! 

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Unlike every other ***** we seem to play better with 10 men these days/

I well remember one pundit exclaiming that, "It's harder to play against 10 men."

That's right up there with the stupidity I've also heard about 'losing an early goal' being some sort of advantage as it takes the pressure off. 😁

Hence, we should start with 10 men and let in an early one.

Sorted!

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Why are you celebrating a draw 🤦‍♂️ 

I think if you were at the game you’d feel the elation of that last minute equaliser.

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Snedescu said:

Anyone know why the one when the keeper wiped out Cammy wasn’t checked. He looked like he was nowhere near the ball. 

Hearts tv reckoned it was just a coming together and the defender clearing it saved the keeper but if defender missed it, then it would have been a penalty.  Cammy was nowhere near the ball either to be fair.  Quite a few incidents to discuss on Sportscene though, not sure they’ll have time!

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye it's always the player's wait until we get Rowles back,Halkett etc.

Difference did they make today?

I will be reporting you for abuse 

Fill yer boots. You abuse the board with ever post you make.

Thunder and Lightning
2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

I well remember one pundit exclaiming that, "It's harder to play against 10 men."

That's right up there with the stupidity I've also heard about 'losing an early goal' being some sort of advantage as it takes the pressure off. 😁

Hence, we should start with 10 men and let in an early one.

Sorted!

The parkhead tactic. 😂 

Corstorphine Jambo

I thought we looked great. For 15-20 minutes. McKay, Cochrane and Snodgrass were causing them real problems down our left. Then we just disappeared. It may have started earlier, but it was clear from the start of the second half that Snodgrass was being man marked - and we had nobody else in the middle who showed for the ball. I’m sorry, but for me Kio just hid from the point he got that stupid booking. Really disappointing display from him. 

Should have won that easily, the hesitation to be more direct and move quickly into space is severely stressing me out. Take some chances lads ffs

Churchill Barrier
28 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

I told you Livi would park the bus and launch high balls to Nouble. That’s exactly what they did. This isn’t the gotcha you think it is.

You said they’d have equal possession which would infer them setting up to attempt to control the game. That’s the opposite of what they did. 

They did a bit more than that to be fair. In fact they should have won. 

Malinga the Swinga
13 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Fill yer boots. You abuse the board with ever post you make.

From personal experience, you wouldn't be the first he's reported.

Captain Sausage
3 minutes ago, Churchill Barrier said:

By shelling balls at Nouble. Like I said they would. Like you said they wouldn’t. 

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Churchill Barrier said:

Probably the most chances they’ve ever had in a game at Tynie I’d imagine.  The red card contributed to that but they missed a few even before then.  Shankland never had his shooting boots on either though. 

5 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Can you please post some more come Monday morning?

I’ve got a horrific day at work - on boring calls all day.

need something to entertain me

cheers

Fear ye not! There will be more than enough nonsense to keep you busy! 😉

4 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

I recall Shankland having 3-4 opportunities to score - on another day he’d have bagged one or two of them IMO

He had at least two 1st half opportunities that he uncharacteristically didn't connect with properly. A couple of other ½ chances to boot ... plus the pull-back.

I saw us play some really slick football today which came to nothing. That happens. I honestly believe that we played the better football.

Bazza did some fine work, as did Forrest and others. OK, there were the usual mis-placed passes etc., but we persevered.

Livi, much like RFS, Ross Co, and others we've played recently are a team of giants in comparison to us. I'm seek o' it! They really must be bought by the inch!!!

Martindale has them well schooled in packing their box and several times it was almost like they had a wall of 'keepers on the line. Fair play as it's making best use of big blokes who aren't technically the best.

But, playing for time (as they largely did right from when they scored) is the wrong mind-set. It often ends badly.

Sometimes it works, but they got what they deserved in the end ... tough!!!

We move on ...

❤️❤️G❤️

Fantastic turn out today. Tynecastle looked brilliant rammed like that.

Happy enough with the point as Livi made it tough for us and we weren't at our best.

Only a brief glimpse on the screen but looked like a handball when Livi cleared that chance near the end. Worthy of a VAR check, at least.

Ref was shite.

59 minutes ago, DxB Hearts said:

Injuries, poor discipline, inconsistent team selection, inconsistent tactical setup and poor tactics.

I'd argue 4 of them fall under RN.

That group of players should beat Livingston, do you not agree?

That group should beat most teams 

The delay at the end I honestly thought was because when the ball got fired out to Forrest he slightly miscontrolled it and it appeared to hit his right hand.

I'd expect that to come up when the pundits discuss it.

Ex member of the SaS

How anyone can defend the manager after that performance I still don't know. First 10 minutes passed around the back only to lose the ball at the half way line. 64 minutes in and one down we had eight ( 8 ) players in our own half and passed it around the backs. 80 minutes in and we had two ( 2 ) players in their half when he had possession.

Damn lucky to get a draw.

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

he didn't stop a goal scoring opertunity because nouble still carried on and has a shot at goal

Definitely worth an appeal 

33 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

On another day, should be every day, we miss too many chances, costing us big time.

maybe the stress getting to him, certainly stressed me out today, and that was just the VAR.