• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Masonic

• RustyRightPeg

• Naisys Tackle

• JimmyCant

Just now, flem said:

It was some strike for the offside goal. 

granted but I was pretty underwhelmed otherwise. Some poor, poor touches in the first half.
I’d heard good things and may well be wrong but didn’t see anything outside that one strike to suggest he’s worth buying in January.

Read/heard somewhere he has some issues off the park (gambling addiction?). Not sure if he would be considered if that is true. Mind you. We did sign Lafferty with all his baggage. But that was a different time. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
5 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Read/heard somewhere he has some issues off the park (gambling addiction?). Not sure if he would be considered if that is true. Mind you. We did sign Lafferty with all his baggage. But that was a different time. 

If so, it's a gamble (no pun indeed).

But I think we did help Lafferty and got some good effort from him.

Edited add: even if he did not show much appreciation when he angled to jump ship to Rangers.

Edited by King Of The Cat Cafe

8 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

If so, it's a gamble (no pun indeed).

But I think we did help Lafferty and got some good effort from him.

Edited add: even if he did not show much appreciation when he angled to jump ship to Rangers.

Oh I get what you are saying all right. I too have quite liked what I have seen of him since he signed for ‘Well but I also think the ethos of the club may have moved on a bit and might not consider players who have off field issues. Gambling is a big one and if not under control could cause the team real issues with authorities. 

gorgierulesapply88
17 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Lafferty was more prolific, and offered more.

Byyy The Light

Said in the summer he’s someone we should look at.

Something different off the bench when we need to change things. He wouldn’t get in my team ahead of Shankland and Humphries.

More of a threat than Henderson off the bench 

Every time we play a team that has a player that has a half decent game this question gets asked. Folk were going on about the Austrian boy from RFS last week who was anonymous for pretty much the whole game apart from his goal. 

Van Veen is an excellent player at this level imo, who has impressed against us a few times. Good technique and turn of pace, and quite a clever player a bit like Boyce.

Only thing is he will be 32 next season and would command a fee as he is contracted to 2024.

He’s a dangerous player but not for me. Not a target man and slow. 

We need a Nouble type player to compliment what we have in Shankland and Humphry’s. 

Frank Sidebottom

The kind of player that will stand out every now and again at a team like Motherwell but wouldn’t take us any further forward. 

File under John Sutton. 

If we can get another season out of Snodgrass and maybe get Humphries that would be a good bit of biz. Getting Boycie and Baningime back and maybe sign a centre half....

fabienleclerq

I think he's a decent player at our level and if available cheap we'll worth signing.  

I've heard a few players talk about not liking playing against him.

How well do people like Humphrys.  From what I've seen in highlights, he looks industrios, talented and dangerous.

7 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

He is:

1. Shite.

2. An absolute prick.

Apart from that, sign immediately.

great at offside goals, na, not for me

Nelly Terraces
4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

How well do people like Humphrys.  From what I've seen in highlights, he looks industrios, talented and dangerous.

You’ve said it yourself about the guy there mate, he’s not Lionel Messi but he’s got a very useful skill set & it would’ve helped us massively yesterday  if he’d been fit & able to play to bring him off the bench as he’s excellent at holding the ball up, closing down opposition defenders & taking the ball for a run at his feet.

Byyy The Light
6 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

You’ve said it yourself about the guy there mate, he’s not Lionel Messi but he’s got a very useful skill set & it would’ve helped us massively yesterday  if he’d been fit & able to play to bring him off the bench as he’s excellent at holding the ball up, closing down opposition defenders & taking the ball for a run at his feet.

Would be delighted if we signed him permanently. Takes no shite from defenders too. 

10 hours ago, Barack said:

Don't mind him. But I'd rather we put an offer in for Humphrys.

Humphreys is out of contract in the summer I’m sure so we’ll not need to ‘put in an offer’

Van Veen ? Anyone who scores goals in this league and is affordable is worth a look at BUT……1. He would cost a decent fee and 2. He’s over 30 and 3. We have 2 x better already at the club IMO

Big thug! Loved Sibbick confronting him when he shoved Cochrane into the net after the penalty! 

Note sorry that was Mount

Edited by Thomaso

5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Big thug! Loved Sibbick confronting him when he shoved Cochrane into the net after the penalty! 

Seen Sibbick do it with someone else Sign of confidence coming back in the young man.Still the odd scary moment but what a difference 

11 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I've been impressed with him a few times this season, including today.

Worth an offer come January?

Chief hammer thrower in a team of hammer throwers.

Ex member of the SaS

No way is he good enough for us. Hasn't scored in ages according to the commentators and while his offside goal was a screamer he doesn't do enough off the ball.

A_A wehatethehibs

Well he’d be an improvement on Euan Henderson, respectable enough SPL scoring record. 

But yeah tbh gives me the John Sutton vibes as well 

RustyRightPeg
11 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I've been impressed with him a few times this season, including today.

Worth an offer come January?

Not for me. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

I actually thought Louis Moult looked more dangerous when he came on. Not saying we sign him though.

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie
Phone posting before finishing typing

Should have been yellow carded for throwing the corner flag after his offside goal. 

He's a good spl player... But we should be looking at better. 

8 hours ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

The kind of player that will stand out every now and again at a team like Motherwell but wouldn’t take us any further forward. 

File under John Sutton. 

This. 

He's 31 and had an average career in the lower leagues in England. No thanks.

RustyRightPeg

If anyone out of that Well team, I’d be more inclined to look at Goss. 

Lovely left foot, just sat in front of their back 4, clipped a few nice diagonals, forced the save from Gordon at the end. Tidy player in possession, perhaps out of it that is his shortfall.

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

If anyone out of that Well team, I’d be more inclined to look at Goss. 

Lovely left foot, just sat in front of their back 4, clipped a few nice diagonals, forced the save from Gordon at the end. Tidy player in possession, perhaps out of it that is his shortfall.

Various clubs have tried to get a tune out of Goss and have failed. Now 27 and has not played a lot of football in his career.

It's a no from me.

RustyRightPeg
14 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Various clubs have tried to get a tune out of Goss and have failed. Now 27 and has not played a lot of football in his career.

It's a no from me.

I know, was just impressed with him in possession yesterday.

Granted against ten men he had more space, but out of possession he looked lost. Something about a left footed player playing midfield that looks better, Snodgrass another example. 

Absolutely not. Seems like a half decent player but he's 31 and not an improvement on what we have.

Would just be another body, which we do need but he's not the answer.

12 hours ago, Barack said:

Don't mind him. But I'd rather we put an offer in for Humphrys.

This. 

Can't see us being remotely interested in a 32yo who isn't as good as Boyce or Shankland. 

From what I've seen, he's an older striker with talent, but drifts in and put of games. Highly likely one that will look back on his career and wish be had tried harder.

File under Tony Watt 

The guy is a John Sutton type. Not anywhere near good enough for Hearts. I'll include Moult in that category too.  Humphrys better than both. Probably why we signed him on loan. Rather than bidding for crap Motherwell strikers.. we need better and already have better wouldn't folk agree??