Zander Clark

pointon

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Hard to replicate real players shelling shots full speed at you.

Tbf, it's pretty easy to replicate real players hitting shots at you- you get a real player to hammer shots at you!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Naisys Tackle

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hesh

13 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Tbf, it's pretty easy to replicate real players hitting shots at you- you get a real player to hammer shots at you!

Getting professional-level players taking professional-level shots at you on a good pitch in good facilities is hard to do during a time when all the actual professional players are off being professional players.

15 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Fair, but he's just got a new born and in my experience that Is difficult.

Clark is also a very good keeper.

He'll want and need some game time. 

I think Clark will play v RFS.

I can't remember, did he sign just before or just after the European deadline? Is he eligible for RFS? I was thinking he'd go in against County.

Saw they're worried about Zander's fitness after so much time in individual training. Am I out of mind for thinking it should be considered loaning him out in January, unless Gordon really dips in form? Surely there are some competitive clubs in Scotland or England that would like to have him as a first choice starter in a promotion push or relegation escape.

Zander Clark is a veteran. He isn't a developmental player. Should Gordon retires after this season, I'd prefer not to go into next season with Clark having only a handful of starts over the past 15-16 months.

48 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Bravo

54 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s different from playing games, a big European game really isn’t the time to make your debut unless you have to.

You could use that argument for any sub keeper. Agreed perhaps Thursday isn't the time but I don't see any reason why he couldn't play Sunday 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Hesh said:

You could use that argument for any sub keeper. Agreed perhaps Thursday isn't the time but I don't see any reason why he couldn't play Sunday 

Sunday possibly, not sure the manager would do that but he rested CG at Celtic Park so you never know.

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Smithian said:

Saw they're worried about Zander's fitness after so much time in individual training. Am I out of mind for thinking it should be considered loaning him out in January, unless Gordon really dips in form? Surely there are some competitive clubs in Scotland or England that would like to have him as a first choice starter in a promotion push or relegation escape.

Zander Clark is a veteran. He isn't a developmental player. Should Gordon retires after this season, I'd prefer not to go into next season with Clark having only a handful of starts over the past 15-16 months.

His agent couldn’t find any in the summer?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

Getting professional-level players taking professional-level shots at you on a good pitch in good facilities is hard to do during a time when all the actual professional players are off being professional players.

I can't remember, did he sign just before or just after the European deadline? Is he eligible for RFS? I was thinking he'd go in against County.

Maybe, he might not have been registered.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Hesh said:

Bravo

I thought it was clever. 

On a more serious note, I think keeping a keeper ready is easier than s player especially in regards to shot stopping. 

Ofc, decision making etc might be a bit slower,  but if a keeper can save shots and boot the ball 90 yards he's 90% of the way there.

RustyRightPeg
3 hours ago, Hesh said:

Pretty poor if he hadn't been doing some training when he was looking for a club

He’d been doing his own stuff but it’s no substitute to the real thing. Anyone at any level knows that. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

His agent couldn’t find any in the summer?

I assumed he was available late because he was waiting on a big payday English Championship or a desperate League 1 side and it didn’t happen. 

Has Clark been playing any 'reserve' games? A lot of keepers get no first team games for a long time then have to start for various reasons.  'Tis the nature of goalkeeping. 🤷‍♂️

Churchill Barrier

Ir is very difficult to play at your best when not had games, shot stopping is instinctive and no real problem,  its timing, decision making,  positioning,  reading the game in front of you, knowing your defence, knowing when to let them deal with a cross ball etc quite a lot to it. 

Of course he is a very good keeper and wouldn't take a lot of games for it to come back. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Smithian said:

I assumed he was available late because he was waiting on a big payday English Championship or a desperate League 1 side and it didn’t happen. 

Thankfully I suppose. 

9 hours ago, sirwalter said:

Was Jim not concussed following a collision with man-mountain Arthur Thomson?

I think somewhere in the corner of my brain I remember that so I am happy to apologise for blaming him for the 1968 Cup final defeat. 

Naisys Tackle
8 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

So what, we sit him on the bench and not give him a game because he hasn't gotten a game? Put him in against Celtic and Rangers and make him the sacrificial lamb? Send him to Istanbul? Put him in for an early SC game?

Unless we signed him for his skills at washing the towels, he'll need to go in at some point!

Yes we sit him on the bench.  At a time we are leaking goals and have our centre half partnership out replacing our best and most experienced player, not to mention captain for a boy thats never played higher than St Johnstone and hasn't played football for months because he couldnt get a club is frankly ludicrous. 

We signed him as back up.  Keep him as that. 

Naisys Tackle
6 hours ago, Smithian said:

Stoke wanted him as back up then sacked the manager.   He was offered to Aberdeen and Hibs but they signed better. 

2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yes we sit him on the bench.  At a time we are leaking goals and have our centre half partnership out replacing our best and most experienced player, not to mention captain for a boy thats never played higher than St Johnstone and hasn't played football for months because he couldnt get a club is frankly ludicrous. 

We signed him as back up.  Keep him as that. 

yep. He will get game time but now is most certainly not the time. If he makes a mistake can you imagine the howling on here from some 🙈  

We need our defenders back first and foremost. 

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

yep. He will get game time but now is most certainly not the time. If he makes a mistake can you imagine the howling on here from some 🙈  

We need our defenders back first and foremost. 

Totally agree.  

On 22/10/2022 at 23:18, Bazzas right boot said:

Clark in?

Or

Gordon oot?

I do think Clark is a very good keeper, but **** me .

Gordon OOt is a bit much.

It's the central of defence that is the issue 

I think that's actually the point.  With 1st choice Centre Backs Craig stays on his line and they deal with it.  The argument could be that Clark, who comes for crosses, would be the choice with a shooglie defence.

8 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Fair, but he's just got a new born and in my experience that Is difficult.

Clark is also a very good keeper.

He'll want and need some game time. 

I think Clark will play v RFS.

I wouldn't think so.

There's £500,000 on the table for this match. The manager would be inviting a lot of criticism(like Robbie needs any more of that!) if he drops the club captain/first choice goalkeeper then we don't win the game and lose out on most of that money. 

Sunday would be a possibility for Zander Clark, depending where he is fitness wise.