• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Naisys Tackle

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hesh

Naisys Tackle

Not for me.  Craig plays on Thursday as a win is worth a lot of money.  He plays on Sunday because it's massive league wise.

The time for Clark will be if CG gets injured or we play a diddy in the Scottish at home or at the very very least when we have our backline a lot stronger. 

1 minute ago, Sherbet said:

He has to command the 6 yd box   but stays on his line.   Coaching ?

Always been his way, isn’t going to change now. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

He’s been like that for 20 years, coaching isn’t going to change that!  

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He’s been like that for 20 years, coaching isn’t going to change that!  

Show him a video of cruickie    how a goalkeeper   smaller than him by a good few inches   can control.a box

Bazzas right boot

Clark in?

Or

Gordon oot?

I do think Clark is a very good keeper, but **** me .

Gordon OOt is a bit much.

It's the central of defence that is the issue 

Clark is a good backup and will get a chance. But Gordon has been outstanding for 2 years, he deserves more than folk clambering to take him out when he's had a few iffy moments behind a dodgy defence. Would Clark really fare better when exposed like Craig has been? 

Just last week he made 3 great saves against Aberdeen.  He's our best goalie, probably best player and our captain. The upcoming games are too important to **** about with, especially when we are lacking quality in other areas through injury.

Clarke is going to need to get minutes eventually. He’s a good keeper and it’s not like we’re benching Craig for Ross Stewart. I think Gordon deserves a rest, his form hasn’t been to his usual standards but he’s playing all the time. At nearly 40, it’s maybe worth giving him a wee rest just so he can spend a bit of time with his family and recover properly. 

11 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Show him a video of cruickie    how a goalkeeper   smaller than him by a good few inches   can control.a box

This.

Gordon's distribution has always been suss.

3 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Folk taking about a rest as well, we are only 4 weeks away from a month's break.

Think they're just being polite. 

With a makeshift back line as poor as ours are in the air you need your keeper to be commanding and coming and taking crosses in the  box.

anything in or around the 6 yd box is 100 percent a keepers.

10 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Cruickshank was my first hero as a kid, worth about 20 points a season back then, he was a great shot stopper, best around at the time but he never dominated his 6 yard box to any extent. Quite the opposite in fact. His kicking wasn’t his strength either but not a big issue as it was way before the pass back rule came in.

I think after the Euro match on Thursday we should give Gordon a rest as he has not been himself last few weeks, still makes top saves. I feel like he is Capitan and knows how vulnerable our defence is to crosses but refuses to come and punch away any ball. Think he should be looking at putting the team first and get out from at least some of those crosses just give it a try. Some of the crosses are right on the 6 yard line and he's a big tall fellow. Kicking is just getting worse by the game. I am sure after a good rest he would be back to his best. 

kingantti1874

Big Craig is phenomal, but maybe he’s feeling the pressure of holding together that makeshift back I like, maybe he’s knackered with the new baby.

either way. Zander I think deserves a wee start

No no no no and that again. Ok Craig has cost us a goal or 3 this season but he was also the reason we finished 3rd last season. 

CG is the man. I love him. But there's no hiding from the fact that he should have done better at several goals we've conceded recently and that he looks demotivated and dare I say it, tired. I'd still play him v Riga, but then I'd play Zander v Ross County and possibly Motherwell too. 

Edited by Batistuta87

I'd play him Thurs given the financial bonus of winning, but tell him tomorrow that's his last game until after the World Cup. Don't even have him on the bench. He's a new father, let him spend time with the family, and let him have sleep when he can. My 3 year old still doesn't sleep the whole night, let him be a dad for a wee while, recharge the aging batteries, and let him come back fresh for a big turn of the year. Clark is more than capable of holding the Fort, boys a Scottish international and proven at our level. 

8 minutes ago, Dsjambo said:

Cruickshank was my first hero as a kid, worth about 20 points a season back then, he was a great shot stopper, best around at the time but he never dominated his 6 yard box to any extent. Quite the opposite in fact. His kicking wasn’t his strength either but not a big issue as it was way before the pass back rule came in.

Sorry   think cruickie did command the 6 yd box.  He came for crosses which modern day keepers stand and eatch

Doctor FinnBarr
18 minutes ago, Kendoll said:

I'd play him Thurs given the financial bonus of winning, but tell him tomorrow that's his last game until after the World Cup. Don't even have him on the bench. He's a new father, let him spend time with the family, and let him have sleep when he can. My 3 year old still doesn't sleep the whole night, let him be a dad for a wee while, recharge the aging batteries, and let him come back fresh for a big turn of the year. Clark is more than capable of holding the Fort, boys a Scottish international and proven at our level. 

Thats actually very sensible, we should do it.

Dropping Gordon 🤣🤣🤣 this place is mental. Probably the same folk that said Boyce was useless cause he didn’t hit 20 goals a season.  Or the ones that wanted Halkett dropped.
these folk probably still don’t appreciate what Boyce brings to the team. Jesus wept

1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

He’s done that throughout his career. the one flaw which stops him from being truly world class.

Other goalkeepers might have come for the cross Giakomakis scored from today and just cleaned it out. We concede too many from balls into our box.

Not his fault exactly but we simply have to accept it as a chink in his armour

Clarke ? Yes I’d like to see him introduced but not until the first pick centre backs are there.

Edited by JimmyCant

58 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Difference is Cruickie could pick the ball up when it was passed back to him, being a keeper these days is nothing like it was back then.

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Clark in?

Or

Gordon oot?

Spot on.

Having Clark on the bench is a superb position for us to be in but, drop CG...feck sake.

This place man. 

ZC is a decent keeper. A very decent back up and I’m delighted he’s with us. But he’s nowhere near the levels of Gordon, even on bad day. There’s perhaps a reason at the age of 30 he’s had zero caps and the biggest club he’s played for is St Johnstone.

His time will come but right now we’re 5 points adrift of 3rd and desperate for points. The next few weeks could potentially be season defining. But aye, Gordon oot! 🤣

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

CG is the man. I love him. But there's no hiding from the fact that he should have done better at several goals we've conceded recently and that he looks demotivated and dare I say it, tired. I'd still play him v Riga, but then I'd play Zander v Ross County and possibly Motherwell too. 

Definitely this. I love big Craigie but giving zander some time in against these two teams after our European games can’t do any harm. We also need to know what zander brings to the table. He should’ve at least have had his debut by now. Ross Stewart was immense at Celtic away so I’d love to see ZC make his debut next Sunday. CG is still our man though but missing a couple of league games won’t spoil his rhythm. 

gorgierulesapply88
2 hours ago, pointon said:

Love big Craig but he has been far from convincing lately it’s time for Zander 

Eh?

Kio must have heard a shout from him for forrest goal not then I agree.

Pushing saves into the middle but nout outwith the 6 yard box and wide.

Confidence shot with the shite in front.

2 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Clark is a good backup and will get a chance. But Gordon has been outstanding for 2 years, he deserves more than folk clambering to take him out when he's had a few iffy moments behind a dodgy defence. Would Clark really fare better when exposed like Craig has been? 

Just last week he made 3 great saves against Aberdeen.  He's our best goalie, probably best player and our captain. The upcoming games are too important to **** about with, especially when we are lacking quality in other areas through injury.

Absolutely this.

He has hardly made a mistake since he came back.

Who wouldn't be nervy with a defence like that in front of him 

I hate this. I have nothing against Zander getting a couple of games but it feels like folk are turning on Craigy. That makes me nauseous. He's still a ****ing legend and is still Scotland #1. 

3 hours ago, Kendoll said:

A lovely sentiment but not sure I agree. Giving the scottish national goalkeeper 4 weeks off on full pay during his working requirements as he seems 'a bit tired' doesn't quite sit right with me. The vast majority of our squad are very well payed professional athletes. For that, I'd expect them to be able to fulfill the needs of the team during 'term time'. 

Bungalow Bill
4 hours ago, DS98 said:

This place man. 

ZC is a decent keeper. A very decent back up and I’m delighted he’s with us. But he’s nowhere near the levels of Gordon, even on bad day. There’s perhaps a reason at the age of 30 he’s had zero caps and the biggest club he’s played for is St Johnstone.

His time will come but right now we’re 5 points adrift of 3rd and desperate for points. The next few weeks could potentially be season defining. But aye, Gordon oot! 🤣

Couldn’t agree more. 

Drop CG… I honestly don’t know what’s wrong with folk at time. I’m dreading the day CG jacks it. 

6 hours ago, Scott Leitch said:

No no no no and that again. Ok Craig has cost us a goal or 3 this season but he was also the reason we finished 3rd last season. 

Robbie is reason we finished third.

6 hours ago, graygo said:

Difference is Cruickie could pick the ball up when it was passed back to him, being a keeper these days is nothing like it was back then.

I was meaning in dealing with cross balls

7 hours ago, Sherbet said:

Sorry   think cruickie did command the 6 yd box.  He came for crosses which modern day keepers stand and eatch

The modern game is so much faster though and you have much less time to collect cross balls unless they are floated in. 

Shooter McGavin

Gordon still far and above the best keeper at the club, and possibly the country, so he’d still be starting for me.

What I will say though is that for someone with a very good career spanning over 20 years, his kicking is murder.

In my eyes Gordon is a cut above any goalkeeper but sometimes you need to freshen it up for the good of the club and the individual 

Give Craig a rest on Thursday night and play Clark. Will do Gordon the World of good he has played a lot of games this season and taking him out for a couple of games will do him the world of good.

The next few games aren't unimportant at all. We need to pick up points or we are in serious danger of not getting 3rd. Just not the time IMO.

And what happens if we do it and Clark makes a mistake or two, Robbie gets slaughtered for dropping our best player?

8 hours ago, Snedds76 said:

Gordon has been poor for a good few weeks now, poor distribution, poor commanding of his 6 yard box.... Time for Clark to step in. 

it is a funny one with Craig. 

Because he has been doing exceptional things forever, I think people genuinely don’t take as much notice when he pulls off ridiculous saves as they would if somebody else did it. They seem to genuinely get forgotten, especially if he has made an error in a different piece of play. 

For me, he makes at least one save no other keeper in the league is making in most games. Logically, this should mean he could make a mistake leading to a goal most games and still be at par. I don’t think he’s anywhere near that (although there have been a few recently). 

As others have mentioned, it is down to the defence that we are conceding so many. It is almost entirely crosses and cut backs leading to headers and shots in the 6 yard box. Last season, we did not give up those chances.  We let Craig face a lot of shots - but we blocked low and did not allow many from inside the box. Halkett got his head on everything crossed in. We conceded space on the edge of the box and let our opponents gamble on beating Craig from 35 yards. Whilst we lost a few that way (eg Ronan), the odds were stacked in our favour - and with odds like that, over time, the house wins. 

This season, the threat switching from wide to close range forces Craig to constantly adjust his position and dive whilst not fully set and off balance. Whilst he’s good enough to get his hands on most things despite this, it is harder to get strong enough hands on them to get right out of danger. Add to this, there is no Halkett organising the scramble defence and reading play to try to mop up loose balls in the box. 

Craig has made some mistakes recently. However, he still massively adds value to our team (imo). I would also question the logic in changing the only constant in our defensive unit at a time of negative flux. Corners give me the shits badly enough without changing keepers as well as 3/4 defenders every game. 

The problem is that defence, poor craig has some job covering up mistakes and has shown

in the past to win us points, aye get clark as back up.

Hes not the only keeper to stick to his line.

RustyRightPeg
8 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Clark in?

Or

Gordon oot?

I’m far from Gordon out but I do think Clark needs a couple of games. 

Clark is a foghorn at the back, consistently talking to his defenders, always been his way. I don’t think I’ve ever heard Gordon shout, I compared him to the Fiorentina keeper when they visited, as the atmosphere was a bit down pretty quickly the difference in communication was night and day. 

8 hours ago, Kendoll said:

maybe go on a wee holiday too, get a massage and a spa ? ffs it’s not even November 

CF8661C9-FE71-4BA0-9FEA-18D28AEADC4D.gif.45cbed937bd8fd0035e140a98fe4935c.gif

25 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Give Craig a rest on Thursday night and play Clark. Will do Gordon the World of good he has played a lot of games this season and taking him out for a couple of games will do him the world of good.

theres only €500,000 at stake. 
so let’s put Clarke in when the defence is shite. How on earth is that going to help ?  We just need to see this mess through until we get our CB’s back. The wolves on here will be howling if Clarke made a mistake. Mind they wanted Boyce dropped 🤣🤣