• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Wee Mikey

• Rogue Daddy

• August Landmesser

3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The VAR will make decisions of fact without the ref's confirmation, i.e. offside/onside goals and inside/outside the box for penalty decisions.

Aye of course.  I presume mistaken identity is also one that won't ever be up for debate too.

It seemed to work well last night especially near the end when Hibs had a penalty claim but the boy was offside in the build up. Hopefully it runs smoothly today on our game but you have your doubts! We need to be switched on that it’s here though and not do anything daft 

5 hours ago, Rampant said:

Aye of course.  I presume mistaken identity is also one that won't ever be up for debate too.

I think that’s one of the things it WILL be looking for. 

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, PapaShango said:

It seemed to work well last night especially near the end when Hibs had a penalty claim but the boy was offside in the build up. Hopefully it runs smoothly today on our game but you have your doubts! We need to be switched on that it’s here though and not do anything daft 

The big test of VAR will be in games involving the arse cheeks. 

Last night VAR confirmed what fans & managers had known for quite a while now, that Boyle & Porteous are the biggest cheats in Scottish football.

I bet they have ancestors who were submarine captains........dive, dive dive.

Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Last night VAR confirmed what fans & managers had known for quite a while now, that Boyle & Porteous are the biggest cheats in Scottish football.

I bet they have ancestors who were submarine captains........dive, dive dive.

Its good to see, hopefully we'll see more of this nonsense corrected going forward. 

My worry is when goals start getting chopped off for nonsense reasons. 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Its good to see, hopefully we'll see more of this nonsense corrected going forward. 

My worry is when goals start getting chopped off for nonsense reasons. 

Especially in the last minute against the bigot twins.

Goal chopped off as a seagull distracted Hart/MacGregor.

August Landmesser
16 hours ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

It's a cast-iron certainty that if we somehow manage to go a goal up tomorrow, VAR will scroll back 2 or 3 minutes of footage to find a reason to rule it out.

I'll see how it goes but I can honestly see this being the end for me and football. If you can't celebrate a goal at the time it's scored, then what's the point?

Exactly. With VAR, no goal can be trusted. Absolute joy sponge of a concept.

Thunder and Lightning
On 21/10/2022 at 12:20, Ribble said:

Summary

We'll not get a straight red but expect plenty 2nd bookings against the OF as yellows/2nd yellow's are not reviewed by VAR

We'll get plenty pen's against awarded retrospectively and plenty pens for will be revoked for a made up foul in the build up

We'll have plenty goals for revoked for fouls in the build up

The only time there's a mistaken identity our player that's incorrectly been sent off will have already left the field of play and VAR can't get involved

Ref's can still cheat like normal around throw in's, corners and yellow cards

Any comments on its usage so far? 

41 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Doing exactly as expected, especially against a team from glasgow.  They'll be wanting it barred now of course, being the victims of it.

To me it had a feel of VAR was refereeing the game, rather than being a "go to" for iffy decisions. I think that will be a common theme up here, however it SHOULD mean more correct decisions, although as we all have seen in the CL and EPL that's far from being the case.

Ex member of the SaS

Just so glad it worked against them and not for them every time they used it. This was my biggest concern that they would still get decisions even though VAR showed it wrong.

Might not be as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Two penalties against Celtic.

And one ruled out for the filth too.

Seemed to make our officials work harder and think longer.

2 minutes ago, Australis said:

Might not be as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Two penalties against Celtic.

And one ruled out for the filth too.

Seemed to make our officials work harder and think longer.

Aye maybe but the ref still managed to miss the blatantly obvious first penalty. 

1 hour ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Went surprisingly well, time will tell though

Malinga the Swinga

There was no need for VAR at first penalty as referee should have seen and awarded it. Wasn't a clear & obvious error, it was a spineless dereliction by weak referee. 

Decision not to send Celtic guy off at second penalty again showed weak referee but VAR not allowed to intervene.

Still, it was operated better than it could have been.

ToadKiller Dog

With out var we would not have got those penalties in a million years. 

Way too slow the decision making though ,most  so with the celtic offside .

Don’t know why Hartson was complaining. He seemed to think VAR got Ralstons goal wrong. The whistle was blown for a free kick on Kio ya plum. Then the supposed handball wasn’t a clear and obvious decision (hands were at his side and ball was kicked from 2 feet away so never a penalty anyways). Isn’t it strange that the 2 VAR decisions that went against Celtic were “evidence” of it not working! 

14 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Aye maybe but the ref still managed to miss the blatantly obvious first penalty. 

Stonewaller. We were behind the goal going mad. Not even a card for Celtic player after he gave the pen. 

Pasquale for King

No way we’re getting those penalties without VAR, really should’ve been another 5 minutes added on for the checks though. 

12 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Weren't getting the first but the ref gave second one straight away. Don't know why it was even needed for their goal as the guy was about 3 yards offside and the offside was also given right away .

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Don’t know why Hartson was complaining. He seemed to think VAR got Ralstons goal wrong. The whistle was blown for a free kick on Kio ya plum. Then the supposed handball wasn’t a clear and obvious decision (hands were at his side and ball was kicked from 2 feet away so never a penalty anyways). Isn’t it strange that the 2 VAR decisions that went against Celtic were “evidence” of it not working! 

Not much going in that huge heid, still raging he never scored against us here. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, 1953 said:

Weren't getting the first but the ref gave second one straight away. Don't know why it was even needed for their goal as the guy was about 3 yards offside and the offside was also given right away .

There was a second or two thought but he couldn’t not give it after being sent to the monitor after the first one, no booking in either incident though. 

Celtic fans on my Facebook moaning like **** about VAR. Guess they don't like having actual penalties given against them. Guess they're not used to it. Wanks.

Thunder and Lightning

Where are the moon howlers that claimed we would get nothing with VAR?

Those who stated it was a fact that it would be used to cheat us? 

Let me guess, it was mistake we got what we did, they have not worked out how to cheat us with VAR yet? 

The delays are crap, but if that means the laws are applied properly so be it. 

Ange, no happy wae var, probably because his side will not get away with the usual lucky decisions, the 2 uglies will start to get found out just like Boyle last night

1 minute ago, Boghell51 said:

Ange, no happy wae var, probably because his side will not get away with the usual lucky decisions, the 2 uglies will start to get found out just like Boyle last night

What's the fat ****** not happy about. 

56 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

There was no need for VAR at first penalty as referee should have seen and awarded it. Wasn't a clear & obvious error, it was a spineless dereliction by weak referee. 

Decision not to send Celtic guy off at second penalty again showed weak referee but VAR not allowed to intervene.

Think thats fair.

VAR is there to correct decisions not make then the refs have to get on with it and then VAR intervenes. Today the ref let VAR do his job.

5 minutes ago, Australis said:

Did think we would see all the incidents played over and over on the big screens.

No chance you dont get that anywhere for VAR decisions just the outcome.

Even the HT highlights had the tackle missing in the box just the pen.

Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou: "I know VAR is there for the big decisions but you'd think they'd get to them a bit earlier. I thought we had a clear handball, but what do I know? You just let it go. 

"There's a lot of standing about, a lot of theatre. I'm not a fan of it. If that's the kind of drama you want, there's probably a good movie playing at the cinema tomorrow. You can sit down, get your popcorn and watch it. I like to watch football."

50 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Agree with your 1st sentence, but for the 2nd point, the linesman did as told. That is, he allowed the phase of play to complete and then waved for offside so as to allow VAR. That's how it's going to be from now on.

Bleedin' torture, though!!!

The two Glasgow teams will no like VAR dodgy decision will no o go their way+when did Celtic have two penalties awarded against them in one game?

55 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Yup, the whistle was blown. Ergo, game stopped. No argument.

Even if it WAS a pen (which it wasn't) the whistle stopped the game.

Hartson clearly has difficulties as regards the rules. Number 1 ... play to the whistle ... anything thereafter doesnae count!!!

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The referee can't send the player off for the 2nd penalty because he made an attempt to play the ball and was not forceful or endangering the player. This means the double jeopardy rule comes in to play. This rule means you cant award a penalty and book the player resulting in the player being sent off and the team conceding the penalty being punished twice. Its shite that it worked against us today but its in the rules and it might work for us in the future.

23 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou: "I know VAR is there for the big decisions but you'd think they'd get to them a bit earlier. I thought we had a clear handball, but what do I know? You just let it go. 

"There's a lot of standing about, a lot of theatre. I'm not a fan of it. If that's the kind of drama you want, there's probably a good movie playing at the cinema tomorrow. You can sit down, get your popcorn and watch it. I like to watch football."

STFU Ange

1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I guess they’ll just never make a decision and let VAR take care of that, so really they’re not refereeing the game, he should have blown for that first penalty.

The first penalty.. how does it take that length of time to review and ask the referee to go to his wee telly. I thought it was an obvious penalty.

The Smith handball, Ange is kidding himself on saying it was a "clear handball" - naw. Arms by his sides, didn’t make himself a bigger target and that little scrotum chipped the ball onto his arm imo

Hartson can do one with his slavering as well. 

Toxteth O'Grady
24 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Thank **** for VAR cos it showed Walsh for the useless, wee cheat he is.

Correct - the Lanarkshire lads will have to think of new ways to cheat 

Dougie Masterton
23 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

The referee can't send the player off for the 2nd penalty because he made an attempt to play the ball and was not forceful or endangering the player. This means the double jeopardy rule comes in to play. This rule means you cant award a penalty and book the player resulting in the player being sent off and the team conceding the penalty being punished twice. Its shite that it worked against us today but its in the rules and it might work for us in the future.

The double jeopardy rule was done away with a couple of years ago. You are correct in the first part. 

• davemclaren changed the title to VAR ( merged )