***Official Fiorentina v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Carter said:

Seems inevitable that we lose a goal against any decent level of opposition within opening 10 mins. Its ridiculous the frequency with which it happens. 

They obviously do their homework on what the other teams have done to scud us so not a real surprise.   We just play the same and hope things change.   Got pumped last week so change the team shape and tactics completely to at least give the opposition something to think about.  

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Watt-Zeefuik

• neilnunb

• sadj

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

They obviously do their homework on what the other teams have done to scud us so not a real surprise.   We just play the same and hope things change.   Got pumped last week so change the team shape and tactics completely to at least give the opposition something to think about.  

A back 4 with 3 players out of position whilst the only recognised central defender sits on the bench!! 

Only Hearts could succumb to such levels of ****wittery. He's assembled that squad so it's on him. 

Byyy The Light
10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I hear what your saying but Neilson signed the players it’s up to him to get the best out of them. Let’s face it they lack determination, put in lazy performances and we’re lucky to get 10-20 minutes in a game where we actually play well. 

it’s been poor fair this season let’s just hope he can turn it round. I obviously have doubts. 

I thought it was Joe Savage that signed them. Gets confusing.

That’s the pay off at our level unfortunately. If Barrie McKay and a few others could play to their max consistently every week they’d be way out of our reach and wouldn’t be here in the first place.

The next manager won’t fare any better, that’s guaranteed. Cards might fall differently and get us a cup but we won’t be beating teams like Fiorentina or winning the league any time in the foreseeable future regardless of who’s manager. 

Byyy The Light
5 minutes ago, Carter said:

A back 4 with 3 players out of position whilst the only recognised central defender sits on the bench!! 

Only Hearts could succumb to such levels of ****wittery. He's assembled that squad so it's on him. 

Joe Savage does all the signings does he not?

Just now, Byyy The Light said:

On the nod of Neilson, surely?

I'm pleased for Sibbick tonight. The manager has surely eroded any remaining confidence he had left by slotting left back all over the shop ahead of him. He acquitted himself well when he came on so well done to the lad. A diabolical situation of what he's tried to create as a backline.

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, Carter said:

On the nod of Neilson, surely?

I'm pleased for Sibbick tonight. The manager has surely eroded any remaining confidence he had left by slotting left back all over the shop ahead of him. He acquitted himself well when he came on so well done to the lad. A diabolical situation of what he's tried to create as a backline.

Nae bother captain hindsight. Sibbick is in that starting line up and the fans go to town on Neilson for the slightest mistake Sibbick makes. 

4 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Nae bother captain hindsight. Sibbick is in that starting line up and the fans go to town on Neilson for the slightest mistake Sibbick makes. 

So you're ok with a left back playing RCH, another left back playing LCH and a midfielder playing LB whilst the only CH sits on the bench!! One who we paid a fee for and gave a long term deal!

Neilson signed him and I'd wager he never saw him play beforehand. 

Nothing "captain hindsight" about any of that. 

Kalamazoo Jambo
6 minutes ago, Rods said:

Anybody send me a clip of our goal? Currently in Florida so missed the game. 

8.19 on here…

Fozzyonthefence
19 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Savage confirmed that Neilson makes the final decision.  

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, Carter said:

So you're ok with a left back playing RCH, another left back playing LCH and a midfielder playing LB whilst the only CH sits on the bench!! One who we paid a fee for and gave a long term deal!

Neilson signed him and I'd wager he never saw him play beforehand. 

Nothing "captain hindsight" about any of that. 

You think that’s what Neilson fancied? Nobody would have picked that defence if everyone was fit. Sibbick has been getting slaughtered, booed on as a sub. Maybe Robbie is protecting him?

What is your thinking behind Neilson never saw him play? He just do it for a laugh? Or Stendel text him? That’s a wild shout.

Maybe Sibbick had a niggle? Wasn’t 100% fit? Maybe he’s a twat and the rest of the players hate him. 

Maybe Neilson feels he can’t trust him and knows that Cochrane, Kingsley and Halliday will give 100% every time, more dependable.

All guess work. As are your ramblings. Guessing. You don’t know. Very few people outside of the dressing do. 

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Savage confirmed that Neilson makes the final decision.  

When it suits the narrative.

When things were good. Was all Savage. Now we’ve had a tough run it’s all Neilson’s fault. Folk need to screw the nut.

For the record I do know it’s Robbie gives the nod. We’ve got a good squad. We’ve just been hammered by injuries and we’re out our depth in Europe. Neither things I put at his door 

Edited by Byyy The Light

Byyy The Light
Just now, jack D and coke said:

Biggest away hearts support in yoorup? 
Good chance. 
Wonderful stuff guys yous are beautiful. 

Videos are class

18 minutes ago, Rods said:

Anybody send me a clip of our goal? Currently in Florida so missed the game. 

You will to fast forward past the 1st half

3 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

When it suits the narrative

I think every one of them is culpable to be honest.

I think we’ve had a pretty scattergun recruitment policy. I think we have too many coaches etc who appear to be doing very little, I’m very disappointed with the lack of young players coming through and I think fans are becoming increasingly concerned about performance levels.

We’re very Jekyll and Hyde, sometimes in the same game.

Im not daft and didn’t expect us to beat Fiorentina but first half was more “us” than 2nd

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Videos are class

Tried to upload one but they’re too big. Absolutely fantastic today. Hearts don’t deserve the support they’ve got tbh. 
Phenomenal stuff I met so many pals etc what a day. 
They just don’t deserve this level of support 😂

Byyy The Light
13 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I think every one of them is culpable to be honest.

I think we’ve had a pretty scattergun recruitment policy. I think we have too many coaches etc who appear to be doing very little, I’m very disappointed with the lack of young players coming through and I think fans are becoming increasingly concerned about performance levels.

We’re very Jekyll and Hyde, sometimes in the same game.

Im not daft and didn’t expect us to beat Fiorentina but first half was more “us” than 2nd

Its not scattergun. It’s pissing with the cock you’ve got. We’ve got a league 1/lower championship budget. Humphrys has looked our best player and he’s on loan from Wigan. We couldn’t afford to sign Simms by quite some distance. It’s literal madness to think we can compete offering 5-6k a week. 

It’s a bigger gulf than West Ham competing with Man City for players.

Byyy The Light
13 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Tried to upload one but they’re too big. Absolutely fantastic today. Hearts don’t deserve the support they’ve got tbh. 
Phenomenal stuff I met so many pals etc what a day. 
They just don’t deserve this level of support 😂

They do. Enjoy 🍻

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Byyy The Light said:

They do. Enjoy 🍻

Biggest travelling hearts support I’ve ever seen. Tremendous lads 👍🏼🥰🇱🇻
I’ve got my ma and my daughter and then hearts are the love of my life. 

Its not scattergun. It’s pissing with the cock you’ve got. We’ve got a league 1/lower championship budget. Humphrys has looked our best player and he’s on loan from Wigan. We couldn’t afford to sign Simms by quite some distance. It’s literal madness to think we can compete offering 5-6k a week. 

It’s a bigger gulf than West Ham competing with Man City for players.

We have signed players who aren’t good enough to perform consistently at the level required for the club. Our injuries have highlighted it. Our first 11 is good enough. The squad is full of mediocrity at best 

Byyy The Light
Just now, Jamhammer said:

We have signed players who aren’t good enough to perform consistently at the level required for the club. Our injuries have highlighted it. Our first 11 is good enough. The squad is full of mediocrity at best 

We can’t sign 25 players all on £6k a week, that’s not how it works.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I hear what your saying but Neilson signed the players it’s up to him to get the best out of them. Let’s face it they lack determination, put in lazy performances and we’re lucky to get 10-20 minutes in a game where we actually play well. 

it’s been poor fair this season let’s just hope he can turn it round. I obviously have doubts. 

For me the sooner Europe is over the better and we can properly take stock of where this Hearts team are at.

I’m basing this on us not falling too far behind the race for 3rd during that time. Which to be honest, given the standard of the league and the teams we’re competing with, I think we’ll still be very much in touch. 

As you say let’s hope for the turnaround. 

3 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I reckon part of that is the nature of the beast at a club our size. Our “depth” is going to either be prospects or players a level below our first picks. Unfortunately in the case of our defence is seems some of the back up is more than a level below. 

2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

They don't know where their own players are half the time to pass to. There was no structure to that tonight. 

We can’t sign 25 players all on £6k a week, that’s not how it works.

We could produce players 

We could improve players

We could recruit hungry players who look to seize an opportunity rather than go through the motions a la GMS. 
The frustrating thing is MacKay, Forest, Ginelly  have ability. We’ve seen it but application, attitude seems to go out of the window at times.

We’re so inconsistent and our fragility at the back is a massive concern 

Byyy The Light
Just now, Jamhammer said:

We could produce players 

We could improve players

We could recruit hungry players who look to seize an opportunity rather than go through the motions a la GMS. 
The frustrating thing is MacKay, Forest, Ginelly  have ability. We’ve seen it but application, attitude seems to go out of the window at times.

Cool. Send an email to the club. You’ve got it covered. Probably nobody has thought of that. 

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

For me the sooner Europe is over the better and we can properly take stock of where this Hearts team are at.

I’m basing this on us not falling too far behind the race for 3rd during that time. Which to be honest, given the standard of the league and the teams we’re competing with, I think we’ll still be very much in touch. 

As you say let’s hope for the turnaround. 

The euro stuff has definitely distracted us. We 100% got carried away thinking we were something we weren’t.
Tbh though I enjoy ribbing hibs tramps and telling them we’re a class above. 
Im surrounded by the *****. 
I know it’s nonsense. 

Cool. Send an email to the club. You’ve got it covered. Probably nobody has thought of that. 

Apparently not

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Apparently not

Dafties. Could have just produced players, improved players or recruited players who “wanted it” this whole time.

Same for West Ham too? Just copy and paste

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, No Idle Talk said:

He's been a good player for Hearts. No question about it. 

I think even when he was playing well though that it was when he was asked to perform a role that didn't involve covering too much of the pitch. Sitting in front of the back four and breaking up play was what I always thought of him as being best at. 

Whether we play 3-4-3 or 4-2-3-1, there is a bit more than that expected from the central midfielders. I'm not sure he has the legs for it anymore. Switching to centre back would mean less running for him, more time to think when he's on the ball, and it could help us out of a pretty desperate injury crisis if he could slot in there. 

I believe he was a centre back before Hearts signed him. Whether he was any good in that position, I don't know. 🤷‍♂️

He was in the Austrian 2nd division so probably not great. The question is with our defensive problems why hasn’t he been used there before now?
If we want to play 343 it might be a good idea to play him as RCB to pass the ball out of defence.

4 hours ago, RealMaroonCF said:

Cochrane is alloa class and no better

Junk

I hate a player.slating but why o why o why we gave this guy a deal....honestly....the fffff

You clearly didn't watch Oshinawa Grizlac Sowah the belgian right footer or any other  amount of imposters that have played there i recent seasons . Plenty of this bunch require far more slating 

He's basic not brilliant but at least he's  a left back who tries - He just came play centre half as is shite in the air 

Dafties. Could have just produced players, improved players or recruited players who “wanted it” this whole time.

Same for West Ham too? Just copy and paste

West Ham, although financially Miles away from us are on the right track 

They’ve recruited the likes of Bowen, Downes and Benrahama from lower leagues brought Rice and Johnson through and now started spending real money in the right areas.

I fully appreciate money makes a huge difference but we should be better than we are. IMO of course 

Players seem to come here, look decent then regress. Something is wrong just now.

18 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

We could produce players 

We could improve players

🤣

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

They’ve recruited the likes of Bowen, Downes and Benrahama from lower leagues brought Rice and Johnson through and now started spending real money in the right areas.

I fully appreciate money makes a huge difference but we should be better than we are. IMO of course 

Players seem to come here, look decent then regress. Something is wrong just now.

Extremely few seem to progress unfortunately. 

Byyy The Light
12 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

We should be better than comfortably third last season? Beating Fiorentina? Europe is a bonus financially but football wise it’s a distraction and a problem.

We can’t afford the squad necessary. This season if we get third will be a brilliant success.

We should be better than comfortably third last season? Beating Fiorentina? Europe is a bonus financially but football wise it’s a distraction and a problem.

We can’t afford the squad necessary. This season if we get third will be a brilliant success.

I don’t expect us to beat Fiorentina to be honest I’d settle for competing a bit more and the effort that we displayed from 2-0 down Sunday and 2nd half tonight.

The inconsistency is frustrating AF

Well at least we scored and had a couple shots on target! Bad defending aside i can accept a pumping by a good team as long as we throw a punch, we did that tonight tbf, so on to eberdeen now for a much needed win.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
10 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Yup,name 3 players he's improved?!?

Halkett

Cochrane

Devlin

Beni

Arguably:

Kingsley (who had talent but had lost his way)

Atkinson

McKay (as per Kingsley)

Would have went 3 at the back last night. 

Kingsley sibbick Haring.

We left a team of midgets on against an Italian team at the back!

Starting to think my Heart's undies and socks are unlucky, every time I wear them we get beat. I'm going to launch them, until then give Robbie a chance, my scants could be the problem.

wheatfieldtosheffield
13 minutes ago, Gorgi1874 said:

Starting to think my Heart's undies and socks are unlucky, every time I wear them we get beat. I'm going to launch them, until then give Robbie a chance, my scants could be the problem.

Glad to see someone is stepping up and taking responsibility

1 hour ago, Gorgi1874 said:

Your wrong, it's my lucky pants that haven't been performing. I will have a word with them.

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Your wrong, it's my lucky pants that haven't been performing. I will have a word with them.

Get them burned 😆

August Landmesser
12 hours ago, McCrae said:

what 3 ch’s are you talking about? 

Typo.

3 CBs - Halkett, Rowles, Neilson

Hibby at my work just did a 5-1 to me this morning at work.

When I saw the light at the back of their eyes change when they realised what they were doing....completely made my day.

I've since asked them to keep reminding me and they're now refusing and avoiding me.