***Official Fiorentina v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, Hearts1975 said:

Im not talking about Killie, Im talking about tonight 

Who else would you have played at CB ?

All I was saying was, its alright saying Sibbick shouldnt be next to Kingsley and Cochrane not being a CB, but Im asking for an alternative option 

We played 4 full backs at Killie but Sibbick and Haring were options. They both played tonight, so whats your solution for other players ?

I was talking about Sibbick and Haring.  Sibbick didn’t start and Haring  started in midfield I believe while 2 full backs started at CB (apologies if I got that wrong as I only watched a minute).  And obviously Neilson was suspended tonight but at a Killie all 3 were available to start but again we went with 4 full backs. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Watt-Zeefuik

• neilnunb

• sadj

5-1 surely has to be a positive? Every time I hear this in a sentence it makes me tingle 😇

on the serious stuff though, it was mentioned they can spend 30 times more than us just now , we live ,learn,move on , 

obviously I’m a happy clapper but if some of the gelling works ? Aberdeen are getting pumped 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻.    🤞🏻

We won't win many without a central defence. The sooner Halkett and Rowles are back the better as I can't see it getting any better without them.

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

Tempted to march to Tynie to demand it just to annoy people on here. Intensity we had second half was what we needed first half. Stood to far off them. Didnt match them and had a piss poor mentality first half

Probably wasn’t Neilson giving the orders probably players taking matters into their own hands while he was a bumbling fool hiding in the toilet

Big picture the game tonight means nothing - we are just not good enough to compete against the big boys. The big game is against the Latvians with €500k up for grabs.

The big picture for us is hanging in contention for 3rd place and the start of the Scottish Cup when hopefully Halkett, Rowles and Beni are back fit.

Edited by Thomaso

I thought Humphry was a last minute desperation signing. How could a player that Wigan don’t need be worth having?

It turns out he’s been our best outfield player recently. I know that’s not saying much but all credit to him 👏🏻 

Just now, maggieb said:

5-1 surely has to be a positive? Every time I hear this in a sentence it makes me tingle 😇

on the serious stuff though, it was mentioned they can spend 30 times more than us just now , we live ,learn,move on , 

obviously I’m a happy clapper but if some of the gelling works ? Aberdeen are getting pumped 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻.    🤞🏻

What gelling?

2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Mental fatigue. Learning curves and blaming players that aren't playing. What a guy 👦 

We have half our first 11 out injured . Any team will struggle with that! 
It’s actually a miracle we are a win off third place 

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

We won't win many without a central defence. The sooner Halkett and Rowles are back the better as I can't see it getting any better without them.

This

Please stop playing Cochrane at centreback as well it's a total waste of a talented player.Sibbick can play there and Haring who was a centreback before coming to Hearts also can

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I was talking about Sibbick and Haring.  Sibbick didn’t start and Haring  started in midfield I believe while 2 full backs started at CB (apologies if I got that wrong as I only watched a minute).  And obviously Neilson was suspended tonight but at a Killie all 3 were available to start but again we went with 4 full backs. 

Apologies. I just read your post back and misinterpreted what you were saying. 👍

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

8 months to get in a centre back to replace Souttar. He's got to go before January. 

Be a long 3 months for you, even longer if we pick up a few results.

After two years you can smell blood, how exciting for you.

It might pan out that we might bottom out and you'll get your Xmas dreams coming true.

Or we will pick up and you'll be silenced until the next run of poor form.

How exciting!

1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

Best player on the park for us has been Humphrys.

Thanks for further underlining my point. A guy brought in on loan in a desperate situation. You are nowhere near reading the room of the hardcore support. Do better! 

4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The movement of the other teams v Scottish teams is scary, especially of the ball.

Pro active rather than reactive.

Celtic can play some lovely stuff.

But our two home games in this group have imo seen some much more accomplished stuff.

Albeit we were poor .

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

No.

Well actually it is, just not a knock out situation.  But you knew that. You see head to heads in the league mentioned all the time.  I’m sure you’ll be one of the first to mention our head  to head with RFS if we beat them as a way of deflecting from how much better they’ve done against Fiorentina and Istanbul.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Big picture the game tonight means nothing - we are just not good enough to compete against the big boys. The big game is against the Latvians with €500k up for grabs.

The big picture for us is hanging in contention for 3rd place and the start of the Scottish Cup when hopefully Halkett, Rowles and Beni are back fit.

Sensible, I do think Haring or Sibbick should go at CH tho.

Thanks

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Please stop playing Cochrane at centreback as well it's a total waste of a talented player.Sibbick can play there and Haring who was a centreback before coming to Hearts also can

This ! Sibbick and Haring central pairing, freeing up Cochrane and Kingsley to do what they do naturally.

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

The big picture for us is hanging in in contention for 3rd place and the start of the Scottish Cup when hopefully Halkett, Rowles and Beni are back fit.

Call me optimistic but if we can beat RFS and Basaksehir beat Fiorentina we’re back in with a chance, a very slim one but a chance. We’d need to win in Istanbul obviously but in that scenario if RFS can draw with Fiorentina (again) we’d be through.

7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Tbh, I wasn't either despite putting him there in my suggestion pre-match. He's a good player though who's now a bit slow for cm. He reads the game well though, is good in the air and doesn't panic...everything we've been missing at the back.

Agreed, thought Connor Smith added some desire we hadnt seen from Grant Forrest or McKay tonight too. 

6 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Mental fatigue. Learning curves and blaming players that aren't playing. What a guy 👦 

But never ever his fault.

It's money for auld rope with comments that roll of his tongue.

He is way out of his depth.

5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

A good side always sticks to the simple things. 

It's more than that buddy.

Watching Liepzig when pressed to the point of squeeze they found the out in space.

Which a man went to.

It's drilled.

Anyway hopefully this makes us stronger for the season ahead and maybe we are fortunate the WC gives us time.

8 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Having watched Scottish teams in Europe this season and given our own standing in Europe I find it nor acceptable or unacceptable. Not sure what that even means tbh.

It's just a reality,  we are really poor or lacking in so many areas in comparison to Fiorentina that a heavy defeat was very likely imo.

It played out like that.

The centre of defence is my biggest concern.

No sure how many away games you’ve been to in Europe I’ve been to a few losing to Bayern was disappointing however results against Bordeaux, Basle Sparta Prague, Braga ,Spurs, Liverpool we didn’t let the fans down credit to the guys who went over but they never should have to have witnessed that

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It might pan out that we might bottom out and you'll get your Xmas dreams coming true.

How exciting!

Complete emotional shite. You're triggered by any criticism of your hero, Bob!

Recruitment has been a mess and we're paying the price and some. Even pundits are asking who we've signed that's improved us!

4 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Thanks for further underlining my point. A guy brought in on loan in a desperate situation. You are nowhere near reading the room of the hardcore support. Do better! 

So none of our new signings make pass marks except Rowles, except that on a side that included several mainstays from last season, one of our new signings that wasn't Rowles was better than all of them . . .

So this means that you give failing marks to the whole team from last season? I'm confused.

5 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

The what? 😮

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Don’t think many of the fans will be bothering with that.  And €500k isn’t exactly something to get excited about.  Small change. 

6 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

that's the way we must go v the sheep. Playing Cochrane and Kingsley as c/h's is a recipe for disaster

8 minutes ago, JayTeeJnr said:

I thought Humphry was a last minute desperation signing. How could a player that Wigan don’t need be worth having?

It turns out he’s been our best outfield player recently. I know that’s not saying much but all credit to him 👏🏻 

He's good with the ball at his feet but has no control as a target man.

£500k would be enough to pay off Neilson’s contract.

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Don’t think many of the fans will be bothering with that.  And €500k isn’t exactly something to get excited about.  Small change. 

Fozzyonthefence
11 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Apologies. I just read your post back and misinterpreted what you were saying. 👍

👍

1 minute ago, weegie jambo said:

that's the way we must go v the sheep. Playing Cochrane and Kingsley as c/h's is a recipe for disaster

Already know what Aberdeen will be playing balls in from deep for Miovski.Its the easiest way to get goals against us just now so Aberdeen will be playing percentage football all game.

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

The what? 😮

Tricky to comprehend huh? 
The guys and gals that travel home and abroad. Most don’t want to hear the excuses. Tired of them. Nothing to do with losing, everything to do with how! The recruitment has been shite, utter shite. 

pettigrewsstylist
4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

What was our most expensive signing of last,,,lets say 2 yrs?

Craig Herbertson

Disappointing but their average first team player costs around £18,000, 000 and we brought on Euan Henderson whose current value is approximately 180,000. Money isn't everything but I guess it makes a difference.

10 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

There is a reason Sibbick hasn't played for a while, but I think there is confidence to take from that. Yes Fiorentina eased off, but they are still sharp enough opponents to pounce on any errors too. I think certainly playing Haring in our backline against Aberdeen is a good idea. We finished that game well, and perhaps a similar line up and shape would do us some favours as Aberdeen can cause us problems.

12 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

No helping him. 😕 

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

What gelling?

Maybe some of the injuries and the new guys being on the park together at the same may be classed as gelling? I know this suggestion won’t help you already, so sorry,just bash on 

Just now, Luckies1874 said:

Tricky to comprehend huh? 
The guys and gals that travel home and abroad. Most don’t want to hear the excuses. Tired of them. Nothing to do with losing, everything to do with how! The recruitment has been shite, utter shite. 

No not at all. Just think its an utterly pathetic term. There is no we are better fans as we travel home and away we do this we do that. Most of us contribute as much as we can to the club in different ways and I would say what you class as hardcore is just what many of the other fans were in times gone by. Are you therefore better than them? Does your opinion carry more weight? 🤔

Be pissed off voice your concerns but dont ever say because you travel to matches you are the hard ore support and therefore have more validity to your opinions.

Just now, maggieb said:

Maybe some of the injuries and the new guys being on the park together at the same may be classed as gelling? I know this suggestion won’t help you already, so sorry,just bash on 

I’ve honestly no idea what you’re talking about but thanks for the reply. 

16 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

They aint back any time soon 

13 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

How exciting!

Thought you said we'd be third in January. Changing your mind again?

6 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

So none of our new signings make pass marks except Rowles, except that on a side that included several mainstays from last season, one of our new signings that wasn't Rowles was better than all of them . . .

So this means that you give failing marks to the whole team from last season? I'm confused.

Generaliy our signings this summer have been hugely disappointing. Several couldn’t even start tonight. The recruitment, with a biggest budget, has been underwhelming and very poor. Savage should be on the clock. 

I caveat this because of the muppets I’m responding too, that this is not because of the result tonight (I’m enjoying a pint after a fantastic day in Florence and expected a 0-3 or 4) but because so many Hearts fans agree that we can be better. Neilson is so obviously not the guy to take us there. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Carter said:

Complete emotional shite. You're triggered by any criticism of your hero, Bob!

Recruitment has been a mess and we're paying the price and some. Even pundits are asking who we've signed that's improved us!

Aye, you are on the side of Craigan. Well done you.

The day I am on his side of the fence is the day I'd need  to reflect on my opinion.

He's a clueless, Hearts hating arse. If you think  agreeing with him strengthens the  opinion  then I can't help you.

We'll review this mess of a recruitment once the season is complete. You and the pundits like Craigan might be correct.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Thought you said we'd be third in January. Changing your mind again?

I think we will be third, but even if we were 4th in January your wet dream of Bob being sacked isn't coming true.

Imo he'll only be sacked if we were bottom 6- Which I don't think we'll be.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

18 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

how can the clown of a manager No see this…that’s his job 

A_A wehatethehibs

Unfortunately this European campaign simply goes down as another bit of typical disappointing Hearts luck for us to lose our Center Backs for this adventure.

We only would’ve had a slim chance of competing even with those 2 vital players fit. Without them, there was never any chance.

Can only hope the team becomes better having learned from the experience and hungry to get back and try to do better next year. 

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

What was our most expensive signing of last,,,lets say 2 yrs?

Compared to what even Hibs and Aberdeen bring in transfer fees, €500k is small change.  We generally don’t pay transfer fees anyway.