Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Naisys Tackle

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

joondalupjambo

Americans must be off their crusts.  Why would a club like Chelsea appoint a manager who has no Champion League management experience?

voice_from_the_south
3 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Utter madness this decision he is an outstanding manager. Rodgers gerrard Lampard will be next 

English football really tests my patience sometimes, and I guess Scottish isn't that different (Stephen Glass last season, Jack Ross this one).

Tuchel has only had one full season. We're six league games into this season and Chelsea are 6th in the table. It's ludicrous we act like this kind of thing is no big deal any more.

I know it's a common argument but if football had always been as trigger-happy as it is now, Alex Ferguson would have been sacked in the 1988/89 season when Manchester United finished 12th. They'd never have realised what he was capable of. How many modern-day Alex Fergusons have football clubs missed out on by behaving the way they do? 

1 hour ago, joondalupjambo said:

Americans must be off their crusts.  Why would a club like Chelsea appoint a manager who has no Champion League management experience?

New guy has experience in sports in US. Backs himself to make the right calls. 

58 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

**** Chelsea.

Where next for Tuchel? a few managers around will be having a sleepless night tonight.

Someone will be sacked for him.

RB Leipzig sacked their manager this morning (before Chelsea announcement). A possible ?

20 minutes ago, Midloth_Iain said:

RB Leipzig sacked their manager this morning (before Chelsea announcement). A possible ?

Leipzig are close to appointing Marco Rose

5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

They want to talk to Potter, Zidane and Pocchetino. 

Nah.Too many cooks spoil the broth.

3 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

**** Chelsea.

Where next for Tuchel? a few managers around will be having a sleepless night tonight.

Someone will be sacked for him.

Everton 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, briever said:

Imagine spending £250m and then getting rid of the manager 7 days into Sept.

Doesn’t sound like the manager had much to do with the comings and going’s. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Everton 

Who would go there, it’s not like you get the Real Madrid job after being shit with them is it . . . . . Oh wait 😆?!?!

5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Rodgers to Chelsea and Ange to Leicester please 🤞😂

That’s maybe not ridiculous. Rodgers came through at Chelsea with Jose & is very well thought of at the club. Taken Leicester as far as he can I think

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, mcdougg said:

That’s maybe not ridiculous. Rodgers came through at Chelsea with Jose & is very well thought of at the club. Taken Leicester as far as he can I think

If it was still Abramovich and his chosen people there but with the new owner and board it’s unlikely, Ange to Leicester is too but the implosion in Glasgow would be hilarious if it happened 😆.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Bold and decisive approach after just a handful of games. If only the Levein era ended like that.

Tbf, iirc CL was sacked 10/ 11 games in. 

Hardly at the seasons End. 

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Sleepy head said:

Nah.Too many cooks spoil the broth.

Making soup is as close as I would Pocchetino to my team 😆

34 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

A lot of damage caused in those 10/11 games!

Naisys Tackle
56 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

30 October.  1 win in all that time and should have went the end of the season before that.  Then stuck around for months afterwards. 

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

30 October.  1 win in all that time and should have went the end of the season before that.  Then stuck around for months afterwards. 

First round of Games completed? 

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

A lot of damage caused in those 10/11 games!

Not as much damage as the next 19 one could argue! 

Naisys Tackle
6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

First round of Games completed? 

Yes.  And one win.  His squad, his team.  The damage was done. 

Naisys Tackle
6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Equally as bad but lets not try and argue Levein wasn't a lot, lot more to blame than a new guy coming in.

Leveins team, squad, coaches, staff and he still kicked about against the new guys wishes. 

That's not to say Stendel was anything but a disaster too. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yes.  And one win.  His squad, his team.  The damage was done. 

It was in response to a poster saying 6 games was decisive, unlike us back then. 

IMO, 11 games is reasonable. 

The folk with CL running about their head can stand down. 

5 hours ago, voice_from_the_south said:

English football really tests my patience sometimes, and I guess Scottish isn't that different (Stephen Glass last season, Jack Ross this one).

Tuchel has only had one full season. We're six league games into this season and Chelsea are 6th in the table. It's ludicrous we act like this kind of thing is no big deal any more.

I know it's a common argument but if football had always been as trigger-happy as it is now, Alex Ferguson would have been sacked in the 1988/89 season when Manchester United finished 12th. They'd never have realised what he was capable of. How many modern-day Alex Fergusons have football clubs missed out on by behaving the way they do? 

Your bang on Ferguson would have been sacked in todays game. 

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It was in response to a poster saying 6 games was decisive, unlike us back then. 

IMO, 11 games is reasonable. 

The folk with CL running about their head can stand down. 

People have long memories as we care about the club and CL savaged it and cost us a plenty.  

Like I said 11 games is plenty with 1 win especially considering our form the end of the previous season.

Am out as I like you and CBA arguing.  Your stubborn loyalty to CL is to commended but does let you down at times man. 

34 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Well you would Tosh 🤣

19 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

People have long memories as we care about the club and CL savaged it and cost us a plenty.  

Like I said 11 games is plenty with 1 win especially considering our form the end of the previous season.

Am out as I like you and CBA arguing.  Your stubborn loyalty to CL is to commended but does let you down at times man. 

BINGO!

The number and quality of managers that Chelsea have sacked over the last 20 years is incredible - not to mention the eye-watering sums paid out in compensation. But you could argue that it's a strategy that has worked to a certain extent in terms of the trophies they've won - which compare very favourably with other so-called 'big' clubs, not least their neighbours, Arsenal and Spurs.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

11 games was plenty, his sacking at the time was fair. 

As for long memories, I also remember him playing, owning hibs, being part of a good team, managing us in the original 5-1, getting us to European group stage football iirc the first time, back to back 3rd back finishes, recording breaking shut out streak and giving me the ponzan as we savaged celtics unbeaten run  by winning 4-0.

Maybe the issue is you and some others  memory isn't long enough. 

👍

My original comment was in reply to a poster referencing the club not taking swift action when In fact 11 games is reasonably swift and definitely not too long imo. 

The CL debate is done all apart from the rabids using it to have a go at Bob. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, stirlo said:

The number and quality of managers that Chelsea have sacked over the last 20 years is incredible - not to mention the eye-watering sums paid out in compensation. But you could argue that it's a strategy that has worked to a certain extent in terms of the trophies they've won - which compare very favourably with other so-called 'big' clubs, not least their neighbours, Arsenal and Spurs.

Aye,  sacking manager is the catalyst for their success, nothing to do with a billionaire owner giving every new manager money. 

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

11 games was plenty, his sacking at the time was fair. 

As for long memories, I also remember him playing, owning hibs, being part of a good team, managing us in the original 5-1, getting us to European group stage football iirc the first time, back to back 3rd back finishes, recording breaking shut out streak and giving me the ponzan as we savaged celtics unbeaten run  by winning 4-0.

Maybe the issue is you and some others  memory isn't long enough. 

👍

My original comment was in reply to a poster referencing the club not taking swift action when In fact 11 games is reasonably swift and definitely not too long imo. 

The CL debate is done all apart from the rabids using it to have a go at Bob. 

Oh Levein first time around was fantastic until he walked out on the team.

He then came back and everything from DoF to Head Coach to Youth was a complete and utter shambles. 

SectionDJambo

The Leipzig job is now available. I wouldn't be surprised if he heads back to Germany for that one. An ambitious club with financial backing.

25 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

The Leipzig job is now available. I wouldn't be surprised if he heads back to Germany for that one. An ambitious club with financial backing.

Just in time for them to do Celtic