***Official Livingston v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

At least this result will allow the phoodle Brigade to gnash their teeth for a bit. 

And quite right too. Back-to-back honking performances with zero goals scored against Kilmarnock and Livingston.

Nowhere near good enough.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• GBJambo

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

3 minutes ago, Bainy said:

European football isn't even an excuse here we've had no euro games for 3 weeks.

These are the games we should be winning but always struggle in. Our budget compared to livi is massive. 

Good management would determine that you focus game by game, you would think players would be busting a gut to prove they should be selected for those European matches. 

Edited by feej

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

boyce is a good player at our level I’m not disputing that - I think it is partly a co-incidence/other factors (like Europe) - like all the times we’ve struggled with Boyce in the team to break down defensive sides

I thought a numbers man like yourself would be a bit more reserved in making such bold statements on the back of two games :)

Sadly, I do see these two data points as the start of a trend.

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

League should always be the priority. Play our strongest team ffs 

Let's be honest even with everybody fit we would still be underdogs against the Turks.So aye play the best side we can in the league

Handcrafted1874
4 minutes ago, feej said:

I'm not so sure mate, he's really not impressed me.

He was decent when he came on against Ross county got his foot on the ball well and let others come into the game. Wouldn’t of minded having mceneff on the bench today tho

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

We will be ok in the end but it will be very close for who gets third this season.We will end up 3rd/4th not sure what one but it's still far too early to tell.

It’s deffo going to be a harder season than last for sure

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

we've played two games in Europe so far and had a bye from the group stages of the cup we've just been punted from. need to park the excuses and focus on fixing the issues.

no excuses from me mate - bit of realism and acceptance that if we don’t do something exceptional (which I don’t believe we have) then this is what we’ll get

Rudi cant fail
9 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

What’s sad about this thought is that we only really lost Souter yet kept the best of the rest eg Kingsley etc

Other than a couple of games here and there, we’ve looked out of ideas since about March last year. Souttar showed exactly how much he would be missed with his cup final performance. 

In Robbie’s defence we haven’t been able to play the same defence much this season due to injuries, but we do hear him saying that he has a strong squad and players are ready to come in and take their place. 

We will be lucky to finish 4th never mind third.

There’s Aberdeen 1-0 as well. Prioritise the league and stop resting players for Europe which is a free hit. That’s Kilmarnock and Livingston that we have been absolutely rotten. 

Players are decent.....Management and coaching Shan......Must be the slowest team in Scotland...........Disnae matter who we sign.....they'll all regress under Neilson and co.

il Duce McTarkin

At what point is it acceptable to roll out the Phoodle Oot chat?

5 defeats in our last 6 games is pretty poor, tbh.

Fitzroy Pointon
Just now, Lonewolflins said:

We are pish , end off . I’m afraid we are getting the pish ripped out of us after putting millions into the club . 

We should probably just stop then. 

kingantti1874
Just now, Hashimoto said:

Players are decent.....Management and coaching Shan......Must be the slowest team in Scotland...........Disnae matter who we sign.....they'll all regress under Neilson and co.

🙄 see pish like this actually makes me dig my heels in and support him. 

Edited by kingantti1874

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Handcrafted1874 said:

Such as? Not disagreeing or agreeing with you

Sorry but if you think this is down to not having Boyce or a "Number 10" I don't think I can help you. Our problems in this game clearly have gone much much wider than that and I doubt Boyce would have made much difference.

1 minute ago, Hashimoto said:

That’s the common denominator 

Fire_At_The_Disco

Anybody who thinks performances like this are acceptable and that no one in the management team are culpable are happy clappers. 

Handcrafted1874
Just now, Francis Albert said:

Sorry but if you think this is down to not having Boyce or a "Number 10" I don't think I can help you. Our problems in this game clearly have gone much much wider than that and I doubt Boyce would have made much difference.

You don’t think boyce would have changed the game today?

1 minute ago, Hashimoto said:

Livi players have had more desire than our players today, we’ve lacked intensity and been off the pace.