***Official FIORENTINA Travel Thread - Meet up arrangements ***

JimmyCant

40 minutes ago, Heart of Darkness said:

You are 100% correct Soop!! I had 45 minutes to get there whilst running with a hangover!! 😊

Should have looked for a pub for a hair of the dog.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• Stuart Jack

• Wee Mikey

• Heartsmad1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Does anyone know if you can freely move around the whole stadium outside or does everyone in MAF/MAE need to enter from one side i.e the opposite side from the away sections?

MAF/MAE are immediately adjacent to the ‘away sections’.

6 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

MAF/MAE are immediately adjacent to the ‘away sections’.

I’m aware of that. I was meaning will there be a police cordon (or similar) between the away sections and MAF/MAE or can Hearts fans with home and away end tickets enter from the same side of the stadium?

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, Chaka Demus & pliers said:

Hearts have confirmed to me and others that middle names don't matter.

I was aware of that when I posted, and that someone had posted that information and had received it from Hearts rather then from Fiorentina or the Italian government. The information I quoted was from something just added to our website today, which is why I used the word contradiction. I just found it a little bit confusing the way the most recent messag was laid out.

Edited by portobellojambo1

41 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Does anyone know if you can freely move around the whole stadium outside or does everyone in MAF/MAE need to enter from one side i.e the opposite side from the away sections?

Just back from their Lazio drubbing. A couple of things that might be of interest:

- ID only checked once, name on ticket compared to passport to get inside security fence.

- then electronic ticket check to get into your section of the ground.

- limited movement within different sections of the ground.

- lots of stewards and police watching the game rather than doing their jobs.

- the section next to the Lazio sections contained a lot of Lazio fans as well as Fiorentina fans as did the section below.

- Lazio fans in my section jumped up and celebrated when their team scored and no one bothered to react to this including the stewards.

- lots of Americans in our section which should help us ticketless jambos get into other sections as there were large empty areas for that game.

There is security fence around the stadium with at least a dozen separate entrances into fenced off areas between this fence and the different sections of the ground. You can only enter the ground at your designated entrance so no chance of getting into a different area.

3 hours ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Hearts have put out an article saying passport is the recommended ID. 

They haven't just made that up, will have come from Fiorentina/authorities.

Turn up with just driving license and good chance you'll be turned away.

Your ticket shows your name, date and country of birth, so a driving licence will not be a good idea for ID

3 hours ago, Heart of Darkness said:

I was in Florence a couple of months ago CB and I ran from the town centre out to Mensola to do the local Parkrun. 🏃 I've just checked my maps and I passed the stadium on route and don't remember passing many pubs/cafes unfortunately!! ☹️

There are only a few on the walking route and there are congregated in the town centre rather than on the quickest walking route.

26 minutes ago, Wonfiveone said:

Your ticket shows your name, date and country of birth, so a driving licence will not be a good idea for ID

Why not? All that information is on a driving licence too.

As you can see in the photo from tonight games v Lazio.. there is a (small) line of stewards between the non segregated sections. 

6CB45CBD-1A47-4FC0-8853-6B130049CB37.jpeg

Edited by ZanderMIM
Changed selected photo

Heart of Darkness
49 minutes ago, Wonfiveone said:

There are only a few on the walking route and there are congregated in the town centre rather than on the quickest walking route.

Yeah there will no doubt be a few dotted about W51, but the route I took I was probably less likely to see any!! Hopefully everyone gets what they want and have a good but safe journey. 👍♥️

5 hours ago, ZanderMIM said:

As you can see in the photo from tonight games v Lazio.. there is a (small) line of stewards between the non segregated sections. 

6CB45CBD-1A47-4FC0-8853-6B130049CB37.jpeg

The half empty section on the left there is MAL2. No tickets have been sold in this section for our game.

I suspect every Hearts fan that has purchased in home will be able/instructed to move into there.

7 hours ago, Wonfiveone said:

Just back from their Lazio drubbing. A couple of things that might be of interest:

- ID only checked once, name on ticket compared to passport to get inside security fence.

- then electronic ticket check to get into your section of the ground.

- limited movement within different sections of the ground.

- lots of stewards and police watching the game rather than doing their jobs.

- the section next to the Lazio sections contained a lot of Lazio fans as well as Fiorentina fans as did the section below.

- Lazio fans in my section jumped up and celebrated when their team scored and no one bothered to react to this including the stewards.

- lots of Americans in our section which should help us ticketless jambos get into other sections as there were large empty areas for that game.

Where the lazio fans in the home end wearing lazio colours?

Nucky Thompson

heading to the airport shortly for my flight to Milan

Safe journey everyone and see you behind the goals :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, whytebeard said:

Where the lazio fans in the home end wearing lazio colours?

Most were wearing scarfs rather than tops. For others it was only obvious that they were Lazio supporters when the scored their goals.

6 hours ago, graygo said:

Why not? All that information is on a driving licence too.

Because you are dealing with people who will not be familiar with UK licences and if they are looking for reasons not to let you in then they have a good reason to deny you entrance. I believe you are expected to carry your passport or official Citizen ID card with you all the time.

11 hours ago, scooba1874 said:

There are no ticketless fans. Driving license is surely fine. 

I'm one. And I'm going to Florence. 

19 minutes ago, Wonfiveone said:

Most were wearing scarfs rather than tops. For others it was only obvious that they were Lazio supporters when the scored their goals.

Cheers

28 minutes ago, Macros said:

Might be a 'daft boy' question but if you missed a middle name on the ticket that is on the passport, will that fail the ticket/id check?

A few folk have said hearts have confirmed middle names are not required. 

No even bothered about a potential alcohol ban right now. Organising a 46 strong party has me stressed out, especially with the scaremongering on here that one wrong letter in your middle name could prevent you from gaining access to the stadium and get you a baton across the heid. I just want zero hitches and I’ve got faith in common sense prevailing. 🤞

If you go from town centre via Vialle Dei Mille (sp?) there are plenty pubs and cafes. That’s the route home fans take to the ground and on match day it’s filled with literally thousands of mopeds heading to the game. It takes you straight to the stadium and probably the nicest route from city centre.

1 hour ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

The half empty section on the left there is MAL2. No tickets have been sold in this section for our game.

I suspect every Hearts fan that has purchased in home will be able/instructed to move into there.

I suspect that every Hearts fan who has purchased a home ticket won't fit into that section. 😄

51 minutes ago, Wonfiveone said:

Because you are dealing with people who will not be familiar with UK licences and if they are looking for reasons not to let you in then they have a good reason to deny you entrance. I believe you are expected to carry your passport or official Citizen ID card with you all the time.

Are all our driving licences not the same European style at the moment? Either way I'm sure they'll know what to look for.

Edit: Italian driving licences are identical in layout to ours. 😄

Edited by graygo

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

Are all our driving licences not the same European style at the moment? Either way I'm sure they'll know what to look for.

Edit: Italian driving licences are identical in layout to ours. 😄

Please see my previous post regarding ID. I do not understand the problem in carrying your passport. You cannot even buy tickets for the home end even when registered so if they want a reason to not let you in then no passport no entry.

4 minutes ago, Wonfiveone said:

Please see my previous post regarding ID. I do not understand the problem in carrying your passport. You cannot even buy tickets for the home end even when registered so if they want a reason to not let you in then no passport no entry.

I worked in Italy many years ago and it was law to carry ID at all times. I had my passport on me and Italians also had to carry an ID card. 

broxburnjambo

Can folk just not follow what the club has advised and stop all this what if and buts. They have advised you take your passport as proof of ID and the name must match that on the ticket. What is difficult to understand.

Please stop playing with peoples minds and worrying people unintentionally with if and buts.  Follow the clubs advise and lets all enjoy ourselves in Florence. 

7 minutes ago, Wonfiveone said:

That's fine but that's a different argument to "Because you are dealing with people who will not be familiar with UK licences"

The problem with carrying your passport is that it's a vital document for traveling home and some pissed up folk might misplace it, it happened in Riga and I believe someone was stuck there for days trying to sort it out.

Edited by graygo

4 minutes ago, broxburnjambo said:

Can folk just not follow what the club has advised and stop all this what if and buts. They have advised you take your passport as proof of ID and the name must match that on the ticket. What is difficult to understand.

Please stop playing with peoples minds and worrying people unintentionally with if and buts.  Follow the clubs advise and lets all enjoy ourselves in Florence. 

Correct. The club have said to use your passport, so that’s what you use. 

5 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

I worked in Italy many years ago and it was law to carry ID at all times. I had my passport on me and Italians also had to carry an ID card. 

From the UK government webpage. A photocopy of your passport and your driving licence are acceptable.

Screenshot_20221011-082104-935.png

Just now, YemenRoad said:

The club also said don't travel without a ticket, the club said we couldn't buy home end tickets, the club said you can't walk to the stadium.

broxburnjambo
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

That's fine but that's a different argument to "Because you are dealing with people who will not be familiar with UK licences"

The problem with carrying your passport is that it's a vital document for traveling home and some pissed up folk might misplace it, it happened in Riga and I believe someone was stuck there for days trying to sort it out.

Whilst you are right regards the passport being a vital document, its the individuals responsibility to look after it, the same as you would need to look after your match ticket and mobile phone. I would assume most folk carry there driving licence either in a wallet / purse or in the mobile phone cover. These can all be lost just the same as your passport albeit with less hassle if you do.

My point being things get mislaid no matter what they are and its the individuals responsibility to look after them, drunk or not!!

I'm thinking those in the home end need to avoid taking the shuttle bus, you'll be dropped into a secure section with no chance of making it through to the MAE/MAF and entrance P11.

No colours, wear a suit, don't look at the women and we will blend in :)

broxburnjambo
6 minutes ago, graygo said:

From the UK government webpage. A photocopy of your passport and your driving licence are acceptable.

So are you going to take a photocopy of your passport or your driving licence as proof to get in. I can guarantee you take your passport. I for one will be taking my passport to ensure entry. I will not be taking the risk of photocopies or driving licences being proof of identification after reading something from someone i don't know on a football forum. Better to be safe than sorry.

21 minutes ago, graygo said:

You’re going to bet battered when folk don’t get in off of your advice. Take your passports folks. 

27 minutes ago, YemenRoad said:

The club also said don’t travel if you don’t have tickets for away end  🤔 

Edited by Arry

Anyway feck it …. Just about to leave for the airport,  thankfully won’t be reading all the doom and gloom on here for a few days.  Mon the hearts

While the club have said take your passport, I'll be pedantic and say they didn't initially. All they said when booking was your name on your ticket has to match your ID. Not an issue for the majority but for instance my wife's passport is in her maiden name and her drivers licence and ticket is in her married name. There was also no option to change your surname on our ticket portal so assumed it'd be fine. And the fact she can take both forms of ID will probably see her ok, but if passports were always required, it should've been specifically mentioned IMO. 

40 minutes ago, broxburnjambo said:

Whilst you are right regards the passport being a vital document, its the individuals responsibility to look after it, the same as you would need to look after your match ticket and mobile phone. I would assume most folk carry there driving licence either in a wallet / purse or in the mobile phone cover. These can all be lost just the same as your passport albeit with less hassle if you do.

My point being things get mislaid no matter what they are and its the individuals responsibility to look after them, drunk or not!!

Looking after my passport involves not carrying it about with me all day while drinking copious amounts of alcohol.

My ticket will be on my phone but I'll have a paper copy of it as well.

34 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Just take your passports ffs 😂

Nut.

Not sure why folk are getting upset bordering on angry. Do what you need to do and you'll be fine.

34 minutes ago, broxburnjambo said:

So are you going to take a photocopy of your passport or your driving licence as proof to get in. I can guarantee you take your passport. I for one will be taking my passport to ensure entry. I will not be taking the risk of photocopies or driving licences being proof of identification after reading something from someone i don't know on a football forum. Better to be safe than sorry.

You can't guarantee anything I'll be doing mate, that's ridiculous. 😄