***Official FIORENTINA Travel Thread - Meet up arrangements ***

JimmyCant

Was in the Tynie arms yesterday and was speaking to an old friend who worked with the police. 

He thinks that the Italian police may pressure Fiorentina to sell more tickets to Hearts fans. For example if their is 15k unsold (estimate) the police have to plan their resources and from a policing perspective it is much easier to police 4k in a stadium rather than 2k in the stadium & 2k in bars around Florence.

He wouldn’t be surprised if days before the game away tickets are sold to hearts fans in Italy when they see the amount of fans over. 

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• Stuart Jack

• Wee Mikey

• Heartsmad1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Was in the Tynie arms yesterday and was speaking to an old friend who worked with the police. 

He thinks that the Italian police may pressure Fiorentina to sell more tickets to Hearts fans. For example if their is 15k unsold (estimate) the police have to plan their resources and from a policing perspective it is much easier to police 4k in a stadium rather than 2k in the stadium & 2k in bars around Florence.

He wouldn’t be surprised if days before the game away tickets are sold to hearts fans in Italy when they see the amount of fans over. 

And I was speaking to a cop  I know yesterday who does all the football as that's his core role and he goes away with Scotland etc. His words after liaison with his Italian counterparts were that no Scottish fans would gain entry anywhere if it wasn't the away end and name and identification had to match up. Things may change, but as of 1215 yesterday that's what I was told.

Back to 2005
21 minutes ago, gedster said:

And I was speaking to a cop  I know yesterday who does all the football as that's his core role and he goes away with Scotland etc. His words after liaison with his Italian counterparts were that no Scottish fans would gain entry anywhere if it wasn't the away end and name and identification had to match up. Things may change, but as of 1215 yesterday that's what I was told.

This will of course be the official line but the reality I suspect will be different. For those of us unlikely to get a Hearts section ticket I’m happy to take my chances. 

29 minutes ago, gedster said:

Mate. Not saying you have, but that’s one hell of a nasty post if you’ve just made it up. Information coming direct from a police officer you claim is directly in contact with Italian security people for this match.

If it’s even remotely true, the authorities in Italy, Hearts FC, Fiorentina FC and the department  this guy is attached to ought to make it crystal clear.

40 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Mate. Not saying you have, but that’s one hell of a nasty post if you’ve just made it up. Information coming direct from a police officer you claim is directly in contact with Italian security people for this match.

If it’s even remotely true, the authorities in Italy, Hearts FC, Fiorentina FC and the department  this guy is attached to ought to make it crystal clear.

To be fair, this is the official stance.

Hearts have said don't travel without a ticket ( for our end )

We are all hoping there will be leeway as per Riga.

Italy is a different animal to Latvia with regards crowd violence and ticket touts.

cheerupshuanmaloney

Got our tickets in the home section next to the away fans no bother. Going oot on the 12th,  Ryanair 7:05 from Manchester to Rome. Any jambos on that flight? 

Just bought 2 tickets for Sector MAF Row 19, surely it wouldn’t be that easy to buy them if it was that strict. Probably will have to go without Hearts Colours thou. Only €50 for the pair so no great loss if the worse happens. 

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Wtaf would I make that up

Dagger Is Back
On 01/10/2022 at 00:41, Stuart Jack said:

Thanks.

It's not my conclusion nor my opinion. I was merely making the point of subjectivity, i.e. people, whether Hearts fans or not, are welcome to have their view but equally they should expect that others are entitled to have one too. 

Myself and the fans I personally know love Scotland (some have been before e.g. 2008 at Ibrox or on holiday) and those that are coming this week are looking forward to it. 

This is not directed at you personally but I came here in peace onto this Forum and to be of help as I happen to be a (albeit rare) Scottish based Fiorentina fan and am coming to the game. I love Florence, have lived/worked there and have good friends who are season ticket holders or 'ultras' as you will. I'd love it if Hearts fans enjoy the game in Florence and end up with great experiences and stories.

However, from my perspective, suddenly, I had a couple of Hearts fans this week who (maybe not deliberately) said statements along the lines of 'no offence but your stadium's shit'. It's simply subjective and childish nonsense. Firstly, because they've probably never been and secondly because objectively, the stadium is widely regarded as a 1920's art-deco architectural treasure/listed building e.g. it's unique tower and helicoidal stairs, is still featured on Italian passports (which even the Olimipico and San Siro aren't), was a 1990 World Cup venue and is renowned for its atmosphere and history. I was just making a comment that other people can equally make remarks 'in the other direction' about a club's stadium as nowhere is perfect.

We are all well aware of the Franchi's condition and need of redevelopment. We don't own it and most fans would be happy to see a brand new modern stadium built outside the city, just like our new training centre but are tied to it due to a mixture of bureaucracy, planning permission and funding issues with the council (who own it) wanting a full refurbishment which after about 10 years and an international design competition won by Arup, have been given the Government go-ahead for 2024 onwards. It'll even have a roof!

I would imagine that Hearts fans who witnessed the long-overdue transformation of Tynecastle from its previous incarnation will understand where I'm coming from and understand that it's important not to slag off a stadium, just because it's different from yours or not to your liking.

Apologies for the long post but feel that my previous explanations obviously weren't sufficient for some and can always refer back to this if needed! 

Enjoy the matches and Florence if you're going?

No need to apologise at all. You’ve been a great help to folks who are travelling over. 

I actually like your stadium. I think those calling it ‘shit’ are coming from a perspective of worrying about whether or not they’re getting a ticket.

We know all about ‘traditional’ stadiums that have a bit of character about them. You’ve mentioned it yourself and our old Archibald Leitch stand was a classic. 

Sadly time caught up with it and we had to move on.

I’m not making Florence but my son is and he’s been reading your posts with interest.

Enjoy your visit to Tynie but not too much.

2 hours ago, gedster said:

Other clubs fans have been allowed entry into the home end in Italian stadia post 2019

And that’s a fact

Just noticed Fiorentina play at home to Lazio on Monday 10th (8.45pm) before our visit later in the week. 

5 hours ago, cheerupshuanmaloney said:

Got our tickets in the home section next to the away fans no bother. Going oot on the 12th,  Ryanair 7:05 from Manchester to Rome. Any jambos on that flight? 

Sure it's not the 7.15am flight with Ryan air? My flight is Manchester to Rome at 07:15 on Wednesday with Ryan Air. Travelling down to Manchester on the train next Tuesday.

6 hours ago, Chevy Chase said:

Other clubs fans have been allowed entry into the home end in Italian stadia post 2019

And that’s a fact

And fingers crossed that's what actually happens 

10 hours ago, make a noise said:

Just bought 2 tickets for Sector MAF Row 19, surely it wouldn’t be that easy to buy them if it was that strict. Probably will have to go without Hearts Colours thou. Only €50 for the pair so no great loss if the worse happens. 

It’s not the buying that’s difficult…

2 hours ago, gedster said:

And fingers crossed that's what actually happens 

No point in crossing your fingers  mate. Your very well connected and informed source already told you it wouldn’t be happening and that came direct from the police in Florence. Did it not ?

11 hours ago, Forza Cuore said:

To be fair, this is the official stance.

Hearts have said don't travel without a ticket ( for our end )

We are all hoping there will be leeway as per Riga.

Italy is a different animal to Latvia with regards crowd violence and ticket touts.

I’ve not seen Hearts coming out with a ‘don’t travel’ message. In fact the signals from the new liaison officer suggests they are well aware and reasonably comfortable that many are are travelling with no tickets or tickets for the home end.

Fiorentina seem happy enough to sell to UK postcodes in the home end when they could easily block that or cancel any sales. Hearts fans in the home end will be fine (assuming they are sober and respectful) they may even get a move into the section next to the away paddock, as Fiorentina have already done a few times  in the past. I would imagine they are well on top of what is happening in that one home section and have something sensible in place to manage it. 

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’ve not seen Hearts coming out with a ‘don’t travel’ message. In fact the signals from the new liaison officer suggests they are well aware and reasonably comfortable that many are are travelling with no tickets or tickets for the home end.

Fiorentina seem happy enough to sell to UK postcodes in the home end when they could easily block that or cancel any sales. Hearts fans in the home end will be fine (assuming they are sober and respectful) they may even get a move into the section next to the away paddock, as Fiorentina have already done a few times  in the past. I would imagine they are well on top of what is happening in that one home section and have something sensible in place to manage it. 

You have no idea what is going to happen. Tickets could just as easily be cancelled this week

5 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

You have no idea what is going to happen. Tickets could just as easily be cancelled this week

Yes they could. And you are correct I don’t know for sure. I’m just giving an opinion based on what has happened and been said to date and what has happened with Fiorentina in the past

23 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

No point in crossing your fingers  mate. Your very well connected and informed source already told you it wouldn’t be happening and that came direct from the police in Florence. Did it not ?

And sometimes things change....and sometimes they don't. As my comment quite clearly stated, that was the state of play when I spoke with them Saturday. But hey when high earners in England and Wales went to bed last night they were going to be quids in with a tax rate cut and when they awoke this morning all of a sudden they weren't. Time will tell. Don't get stressed over it, life's too short.

Heartsmad1874
30 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

There was a please don't travel without a ticket note in last Fridays article when it was lowered to 110+.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

14 minutes ago, gedster said:

And sometimes things change....and sometimes they don't. As my comment quite clearly stated, that was the state of play when I spoke with them Saturday. But hey when high earners in England and Wales went to bed last night they were going to be quids in with a tax rate cut and when they awoke this morning all of a sudden they weren't. Time will tell. Don't get stressed over it, life's too short.

I’m far from stressed. I’m not even going to Florence so it makes zero difference to me. I just think it’s a bit naughty to be quoting a police officer you claim has had some involvement in the arrangements when no such officer exists. Not going into detail but I know this for a fact, which is why I called you out.

ToadKiller Dog

I imagine Fiorentina will be ok with hearts fans in the home end as long as they act with respect,they were cool with BMG supporters going by the fan blog(linked earlier ) when they went there  .

can all our supporters behave ,I hope so  ? 

34 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The club understands the huge interest there will be for this fixture and requested a larger allocation to meet supporter demand. Unfortunately, no additional tickets will be made available to us. However, the allocation given to us is slightly more than the 5% requirement for away support required by UEFA. We strongly advise fans not to travel unless you have a match ticket.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/fiorentina-a-tickets-on-sale-wednesday

10 hours ago, Chevy Chase said:

And that’s a fact

Were they British fans ? 

Could make a difference. 

As I said. I hadn’t seen it. In any case it’s contradictory because the liaison officer is actively involved in discussions with Hearts fans who have no tickets or home tickets and he hasn’t told them not to travel.

Seems like some of the travelling numbers may have been slightly exaggeration. I would be pleasantly surprised if there is over 3k travelling.

Just now, JimmyCant said:

As I said. I hadn’t seen it. In any case it’s contradictory because the liaison officer is actively involved in discussions with Hearts fans who have no tickets or home tickets and he hasn’t told them not to travel.

It's there on the official website. 

Christ you don't like to admit you've got something wrong do you ? 🤔 

Just now, Tour22 said:

Seems like some of the travelling numbers may have been slightly exaggeration. I would be pleasantly surprised if there is over 3k travelling.

There was no way of knowing how many were going, no idea how folk can even begin to guess to be honest, but here's my guess regardless.

If you add the number of official tickets we got to a few hundred who have bought I. The home end and a few hundred who will travel without tickets I don't think you'll be far off the number though. So circa 3k sounds about right.

jambo-in-furness
7 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

Well, myself and my nephew with our partners are travelling and we haven’t met the loyalty points threshold yet,  and,  I’m sure there are many like us who would like to take their partners not only to Florence but the game also.

Edited by jambo-in-furness

ToadKiller Dog
8 minutes ago, graygo said:

The club understands the huge interest there will be for this fixture and requested a larger allocation to meet supporter demand. Unfortunately, no additional tickets will be made available to us. However, the allocation given to us is slightly more than the 5% requirement for away support required by UEFA. We strongly advise fans not to travel unless you have a match ticket.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/fiorentina-a-tickets-on-sale-wednesday

Standard warning that protects the club imo .basically saying you get in trouble we wash our hands .

Also doesn't say an away end match ticket

So like most things can be read in different ways .

13 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’m far from stressed. I’m not even going to Florence so it makes zero difference to me. I just think it’s a bit naughty to be quoting a police officer you claim has had some involvement in the arrangements when no such officer exists. Not going into detail but I know this for a fact, which is why I called you out.

Oh dear, let's just leave it at that then. Must all have been a figment of my imagination. Jesus wept..

48 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

image.thumb.png.3b4e56a5dcbb9ca8fa33cb8b0884bea0.png

jambo-in-furness
15 minutes ago, Forza Cuore said:

image.thumb.png.3b4e56a5dcbb9ca8fa33cb8b0884bea0.png

Unfortunately,  many of us made and paid for the trip to Florence before ticket numbers and travel advice was announced.

3 minutes ago, Rudi cant fail said:

I messaged about hospitality and this is the response received.

C903DF61-D943-4E44-85E2-44C12FBBB46D.jpeg

I just received this same response too.

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Hope we get an announcement early today, feck refreshing the page every 20 minutes!

1 minute ago, MrBones said:

So, when are Hearts selling the next batch? Thought it was today?

Follow Hearts on Twitter and set up notifications for all tweets. You'll be one of the first to know when they put more on sale. No need to keep refreshing anything.

Morning Jambos. Apologies if this has been covered already but it's a big old thread to read through. I bought tickets the other day and requested them digitally, not yet received them but I believe others have. Anyone know the score with this, should I be worried or stop flapping they'll be issued in due course. Cheers 

PS - checked junk mail, nothing there

Edited by Gorgi1874

1 minute ago, Micky said:

New flag ready for Florence. Thanks to Barmy Flags for super quick turn around 

733D87EB-4F13-4A3E-97D1-4F3374F59B5C.jpeg

👍👍👍 Love it

7 minutes ago, MrBones said:

So, when are Hearts selling the next batch? Thought it was today?

I think the ticket office is closed on a Monday if so I'd expect any further tickets to go on sale when the ticket office re opens 

25 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Unfortunately,  many of us made and paid for the trip to Florence before ticket numbers and travel advice was announced.

Absolutely mate...I am the same.

I was just making a point to the guy that the club had covered itself.

16 minutes ago, Gorgi1874 said:

Morning Jambos. Apologies if this has been covered already but it's a big old thread to read through. I bought tickets the other day and requested them digitally, not yet received them but I believe others have. Anyone know the score with this, should I be worried or stop flapping they'll be issued in due course. Cheers 

I'm the same, bought mine on Friday, only had email confirmation from Hearts so far.

2 minutes ago, airthjambo said:

I'm the same, bought mine on Friday, only had email confirmation from Hearts so far.

Got ours (ordered & paid for them is more accurate) from the T.O. on Fri and no e-mail as yet.

Berra than you
21 minutes ago, Gorgi1874 said:

Yeah I'm the same, bought on Wednesday and nothing yet.

38 minutes ago, Gorgi1874 said:

I’ve not had mine yet either and bought 10:02 on day 1. I think they are just working through the list 

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, Tour22 said:

There will be more than 3k, was 2k plus in riga and this is the most attractive fixture. 

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Official FIORENTINA Travel Thread - Meet up arrangements ***