Songbook

feedtheroman2

feedtheroman2

Everyone knows it...

We need some new songs. I know tonight was all about creating atmosphere and yes a goal would have absolutely got the place rocking, but feck me, we sing the same old songs all the time and after a while, it grates.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Gorgie

• Aaron78

• FFSJohn

• 1971fozzy

Bungalow Bill
1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

Could have been better, but I didn’t hear Hello Hello once, and I’ll take that.

Heard it 2-3 times tonight, a bizarre song. 

feedtheroman2

That did feature to be fair. Thankfully, the wording has changed for the better.

Everyone get annoyed with their drum aye? That kept their supporters momentum going. It never wavered. 

I love the hearts song as much as the next guy but when that's your only comeback time and time again, it loses the effect during the game and people can't be arsed.

August Landmesser

Heard the same three songs from the Zurich fans all night, constantly, regardless of what was happening on the pitch. 

Gimme Tynecastle any day of the week over that dreary drone

8 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Heard it 3 or 4 times in the first 15 minutes 

4 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Heard the same three songs from the Zurich fans all night, constantly, regardless of what was happening on the pitch. 

Gimme Tynecastle any day of the week over that dreary drone

Glad someone thinks the same. It’s boring and by doing it for the whole 90mins means it’s just a drone. There’s no reaction to what’s happening in front of them. 

9 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

From a bygone era that shouldn’t return, unfortunately it is was of the few on the playlist that used to get the place rocking 

7 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Heard it 3 or 4 times in the first 15 minutes 

Well, at least the arseholes singing it were nowhere I could hear them.

RustyRightPeg
13 minutes ago, feedtheroman2 said:

That did feature to be fair. Thankfully, the wording has changed for the better.

Everyone get annoyed with their drum aye? That kept their supporters momentum going. It never wavered. 

I love the hearts song as much as the next guy but when that's your only comeback time and time again, it loses the effect during the game and people can't be arsed.

They must be ****ed after games, bouncing about like that for 90 minutes. 

It’s not like their performances get your adrenaline going to get through it either.

2 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Well, at least the arseholes singing it were nowhere I could hear them.

The arsehole singing it next to me chucked his scarf away after the red was given - must go through a fair few scarves a season if that’s what it takes 

Captain Lithuania

Folk need to learn the words to the Euro song. When it gets in to the “we’ll have no cares” bit nobody knows the words, or everybody starts singing about 7 different versions and mumbling the parts they don’t know. 

fabienleclerq
16 minutes ago, feedtheroman2 said:

Everyone get annoyed with their drum aye? That kept their supporters momentum going. It never wavered

Awful.

Boring same tune for ages, when they scored you could barely tell the difference. Much prefer the British crowd noise that reacts to things on the pitch.

Songbook deffo needs work but tbh the fans need to actually join in more.

21 minutes ago, feedtheroman2 said:

Everyone knows it...

We need some new songs. I know tonight was all about creating atmosphere and yes a goal would have absolutely got the place rocking, but feck me, we sing the same old songs all the time and after a while, it grates.

Irrelevant when the team set up is so poor.

New songs are literally created all the time at away games and in pubs etc. The issue is they never catch on at home games. 

You won’t get a more loyal support who will put hands in pockets when required but christ we are boring at times. 

LivingstonJambo99

U can have any songbook in the world but when there’s large section of the crowd who don’t sing from the moon u can forget it 

LivingstonJambo99
3 minutes ago, Balaclava said:

New songs are literally created all the time at away games and in pubs etc. The issue is they never catch on at home games. 

You won’t get a more loyal support who will put hands in pockets when required but christ we are boring at times. 

Spot on, same old crap for home games. Certain sections attempt to get the crowd going and the rest fall short 

28 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Brilliant song if sung correctly as not to offend 

Too many hearts fans don’t actually care about singing, so aye just don’t expect an awful lot. We are completely utter white with an S compared to other clubs. 

Monsieur Maroon
16 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Is it me you're looking for ....

That would be quite funny for us to adopt!

I had a charming man singing loudly in my ear just before kickoff about being up to his knees in the blood of Catholics. He didn't like it when I glared at him and swore at me repeatedly. Hard to believe we were both there to support the same team. No version of this song has any place at Tynecastle as some people will always sing these words however much other people try to sanitise it.

Just now, shona77 said:

You're at it

no.

Realistically tynecastle is never really rocking, F, G and N maybe but overall it’s a library and not much will ever ever change that. 

the mirage that tynecastle is a fortress and it’s intimidating is absolute nonsense in actual reality.

I was there tonight. I’m not a hibby.

just cold hard truths 

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

I’m in section Q and nobody sings around me. I’m about the only one. Think it’s an age thing where I sit. Poor stuff

Same in section B and C mate it's brutal.

Jambo 4 Ever
34 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

Atmosphere we pretty poor tonight I thought. Just don't think we are too fussed about singing all game. 

I think we overestimate the influence playing a tynecastle has on our players 

14 minutes ago, FFSJohn said:

Too many hearts fans don’t actually care about singing, so aye just don’t expect an awful lot. We are completely utter white with an S compared to other clubs. 

Correct. Look at their support tonight. All youngish lads. Our support is full of old farts. Sorry just is. We are boring as ****.

4 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Correct. Look at their support tonight. All youngish lads. Our support is full of old farts. Sorry just is. We are boring as ****.

This guy has a sense of

realistic reality about him. Yea, we are shite. Really we talk ourselves up as something, but we are nothing. Aye 

Thanks 

jack D and coke
58 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

We shouldn’t knock hello hello if we just change the offending word. It’s rousing and is one of our songs tbh. 
The ones I hate are since I was young or dirge like that. 
I seen a guy tweeting about the first leg in Zurich saying hearts fans sang all day in pubs and in the square all sorts of songs then sang **** all at the game. Bizarre :lol: 

Edited by jack D and coke

3 minutes ago, FFSJohn said:

This guy has a sense of

realistic reality about him. Yea, we are shite. Really we talk ourselves up as something, but we are nothing. Aye 

Thanks 

Outside of Hampden biggest game in years. Ended up being pish. All just watching what the Europeans were doing. So many new songs and it ends up the same 3 song as that's all anyone knows. It's pathetic.  

11 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Bit fruity

Just now, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Outside of Hampden biggest game in years. Ended up being pish. All just watching what the Europeans were doing. So many new songs and it ends up the same 3 song as that's all anyone knows. It's pathetic.  

100% spot on. This is reality. The ego and myth that supporters have built is nothing but that, absolutely shit. We are nowhere near as good as Zurich for example.

1 hour ago, feedtheroman2 said:

Everyone knows it...

That's exactly what we have all been saying coming home in the car.

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, Doc Rob said:

Some tried to start it, never really caught on. A positive tonight it has to be said.

Its a great point about the singing! 

Im a bit nostalgic and feel a raucous version of " Abide with me" would really get the place going, its been a favourite of mine for a long time but havent heard it since 1973'season in a 2/0 home defeat to Celtic. 

It was blasted out that day similar would be great ! 

Shooter McGavin

Away days are always the one, home games certainly have their moments but I sometimes feel like theres only a few sections willing to do the legwork whilst the rest of the stadium sits idly.

Feckin’ hate the European style of 90 minutes of non-stop drumming and droning, I actually feel like that saps atmosphere a lot of the time as it has often has no correlation to what’s happening on the pitch. 

Suppose I’ll have to get used to that.

Since I was young is a great one. Simple and really good for atmosphere  IMO. 

Maybe a bit more work needs to be done to expand the song book a bit. 

20 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Away days are always the one, home games certainly have their moments but I sometimes feel like theres only a few sections willing to do the legwork whilst the rest of the stadium sits idly.

Feckin’ hate the European style of 90 minutes of non-stop drumming and droning, I actually feel like that saps atmosphere a lot of the time as it has often has no correlation to what’s happening on the pitch. 

Suppose I’ll have to get used to that.

You feel constant atmosphere sucks the atmosphere? Aye sound. We can only dream of doing what they done tonight. 

We need a proper section for singing.  I know there’s areas that do but a proper full on section for singing is what we need. Tonight outnoised by 500 or so. Tedious as they were they made some noise. 
Where I sit has fine folk but not one of them make any effort. 
Kidos to those in the ground who make the effort but it’s not great overall 

gordon simpson
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

We need a proper section for singing.  I know there’s areas that do but a proper full on section for singing is what we need. Tonight outnoised by 500 or so. Tedious as they were they made some noise. 
Where I sit has fine folk but not one of them make any effort. 
Kidos to those in the ground who make the effort but it’s not great overall 

you are spot on the Zurich fans obviously have this , we used to have the old shed which was awesome  

It was a cracking atmosphere in G tonight and I'd presumed it was the same throughout the stadium. Having watched the game back it still seems like it was a great atmosphere and we certainly weren't outsung by their support. 

There were enough comments about the intensity of our support on the BBC coverage tonight that I don't think my view was the exception. But I get that where you sit definitely makes for a very different experience. 

Just now, Aaron78 said:

It was a cracking atmosphere in G tonight and I'd presumed it was the same throughout the stadium. Having watched the game back it still seems like it was a great atmosphere and we certainly weren't outsung by their support. 

There were enough comments about the intensity of our support on the BBC coverage tonight that I don't think my view was the exception. But I get that where you sit definitely makes for a very different experience. 

Sorry to burst your bubble. You couldn't hear G over In N. The atmosphere was garbage. The odd songs here or there doesn't quite cut it.