*** Official Hearts Europa Conference League Thread**

BudgeUp

Ricardo Quaresma
5 hours ago, alfamonkey said:

Thanks mate.  Was thinking when the actual fixtures would be announced ie how long after the draw ? 

I think they're already formulated, same for each group, therefore predictable

Quite hard to find that information, though; I'll just wait

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Luckies1874

• Pasquale for King

• luckyBatistuta

14 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Imagine Bob got a result v Bodo tho... 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I can't imagine us competing well with that arsenal team atm,  although they tend to play quite a bit of youth in the group stages. 

Oh imagine!

Really nothing to be gained from that EL Group in terms of being competitive. Realistically. Glimt glamourless too, Eindhoven meh and Arsenal utter mismatch.

Edited by Riccarton3

Christ we would have got destroyed in that group! 

Silver cloud and all that 

Hoping for teams we can beat in the draw should see us progress and make some serious decent money to improve our squad. Which is IS the aim of getting into Europe. Not getting some “glamour” ties that we get horsed in

Edited by GBJambo

8 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I think they're already formulated, same for each group, therefore predictable

Quite hard to find that information, though; I'll just wait

Can someone clever enough confirm dates so I can spend the rest of the day studying skyscanner for flights.

15 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Brings a tear to my eye I must admit but there’s a great chance we’d take the grand total of nothing from that group 

Aye I think 1 point would have been good going. Maybe a draw with Bodo or PSV if Tynecastle was rocking,

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Who are Bodo ?  

Horsed celtic out last season. 

A no mark,  part time club with shite players, no money or fans that prove anyone can do it if the team presses and believes enough.  They are also the blue print for Hearts to break the of,  conquer Europe and bring about world peace. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot
They are Norwegian champions.

6 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Who are Bodo ?  

Careful, there were suggestions we should change our name to Heärt/Midløthian after they beat celtic

Edited by Sertse

kingantti1874

That FC Zurich draw makes me kind of glad we aren’t in that group. We would have struggled for a point.  I’m 100% convinced we will have more wins in the ECL and earn more money. 

some right battering could have destroyed confidence and really hurt this season.  Also

can you imagine bongo’s manager meltdown if we got smashed by his poster team Bodo. Doesn’t bear thinking about 

22 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

22 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

So Hearts have missed out on Arsenal.

West Ham are available. 

Please no 😀

Edited by Jamhammer

In terms of a trip away, not lost anything by losing to Zurich.

Having been to Lpool and Spurs I don’t want an English team, been to Feyenoord and the Dam so wouldn’t want PSV and don’t want to sell a kidney to go to Norway.

Might get a worse draw of course but not gutted about Zurich’s 

We should be able to rest some players for some group matches keeping them fresh for the domestic League.....

If we buy now.

Harry Potter
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

That FC Zurich draw makes me kind of glad we aren’t in that group. We would have struggled for a point.  I’m 100% convinced we will have more wins in the ECL and earn more money. 

some right battering could have destroyed confidence and really hurt this season.  Also

can you imagine bongo’s manager meltdown if we got smashed by his poster team Bodo. Doesn’t bear thinking about 

Your spot on about the confidence factor, the league is hard enough.

2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Another downside is a lot of smaller clubs with smaller stadiums, so less tickets potentially 

Very good point and something that worries me. I'm reluctant to get cheap flights to Riga only to find out that Hearts are only getting 300 tickets.

For those still disappointed after last night and apparently underwhelmed about the prospect of the upcoming draw I say this: Hearts are unbelievable position right now to make this the norm not just a one off. We have never been in as strong a position as a club and this should, despite last nights result, be a stepping stone to consistent appearances in group stage European football whether the Europa or Conference League. Aberdeen and Hibs would absolutely bite their arms off to be in our position right now, forget about Rantic, never has a Scottish club had the opportunity we do right now to create a genuine gap between 3rd spot and the rest, especially the club (us!!!) who are the 3rd biggest.

This league season is possibly one of the most important in our history as getting back to this place next year, so at least 2 years of this revenue will signify a dominant position for us over the rest. Recruitment will be easier, full houses will continue etc etc. Historically Hearts usually blow every big chance we get, this time I'm confident that we have people in important positions to see us move forward. Then you'll get your trips to see us play against teams from the big 5 leagues regularly!! 

Edited by Luckies1874

Pasquale for King
47 minutes ago, feedtheroman2 said:

If the polis thought that Zurich were a nightmare last night just wait for potential ties against Koln  or Lech Poznan 😄😄😄

They're proper nawtyyyy.

Unbelievable, there was about 300 of them ffs 🤦🏽..

feedtheroman2
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Unbelievable, there was about 300 of them ffs 🤦🏽..

600 but a pretty heavy police presence.

Point is, if we get Poznan or Koln it'll be a whole lot more and they don't mess about. You just need to watch YouTube if you think I'm overestimating it.

RustyRightPeg

Thank god we got put out last night purely so Bongo won’t get to see Bodo at tynecastle. Would be the first man to be thrown out of a stadium for indecent exposure getting pleasure over a football club 

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

Does anyone know how much TV money we get from being in the Conference League?

2.5 million straight away before cash for points gained , TV and gate receipts 

Just now, feedtheroman2 said:

Point is, if we get Poznan or Koln it'll be a whole lot more and they don't mess about. You just need to watch YouTube if you think I'm overestimating it.

Poznan are ****ing mental, one of the most famous ultra groups alongside Partizan, I'd genuinely be apprehensive going to see us away against either of them

When you see what it meant to Roma and Mourinho, I'm pretty sure it should mean plenty to us to be competing in this. 

Edited by Luckies1874

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, feedtheroman2 said:

That march to the Emirates is pretty impressive 

17 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

West Ham would be good.  + 2 crap teams who play in nice places so we can get through 

This.

But I think 2nd place sides go into a knockout against teams that drop out of Europa League groups so not sure about getting through.

feedtheroman2
3 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

That march to the Emirates is pretty impressive 

20000 of them that day apparently.

In good voice too!

luckyBatistuta
Just now, heartsfc_fan said:

Anybody speak Turkish? He could be saying anything.

I picked out #### the Celtic, the rest I’m not so sure of

Just now, Ford Prentice said:

Don't want West Ham. Lousy stadium, lousy fans, lousy city + we'd get thumped.

Fed up with Euro games in our own country after Spurs and Liverpool.