*** Official Hearts Europa Conference League Thread**

BudgeUp

Heartsmad1874
3 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Under Italian consumer law tickets have your name recorded and you can be asked to produce ID on entry. 

Bad news for those hoping to use someone elses points then.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Luckies1874

• Pasquale for King

• luckyBatistuta

6 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Under Italian consumer law tickets have your name recorded and you can be asked to produce ID on entry. 

Not always strictly enforced

51 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I went to Bari with Scotland years ago and was next to the home fans with a bit perspex between us and it was pretty intimidating when they scored and started rattling it. Look forward to more of the same! What's the away allocated,  about 2500 I'm sure I seen?

I assume any of our fans without a ticket wouldn't be able to purchase a home end one?

I was at that game too, there was a lot more than 2500 anyway, was directly behind the goal, the amount of police at that game was unreal, drink ban in Bari on the day of the game so everyone bought a carry out the day before and went to the beach on matchday.

Was at the San Siro a few years earlier when Pirlo took us apart, all the Scotland fans were in the second and third tiers behind the goals as the italians fought in the lower tier, was the north against the south apparently with the police wading in with battons. 

Edited by allyjambo

2 minutes ago, allyjambo said:

I was at that game too, there was a lot more than 2500 anyway, was directly behind the goal, the amount of police at that game was unreal, drink ban in Bari on the day of the game so everyone bought a carry out the day before and went to the beach on matchday.

Was at the San Siro a few years earlier when Pirlo took us apart, all the Scotland fans were in the second and third tiers behind the goals as the italians fought in the lower tier, was the north against the south apparently with the police wading in with battons. 

Sorry i meant away allocation at Fiorentina. Yeah there was about 8000 at the Scotland game i think. 

The drink ban was farcical. I asked for beer in a shop, the guy looked about shiftily before handing me a crate from under his counter haha.

periodictabledancer
4 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Bad news for those hoping to use someone elses points then.

It's really meant to stop ticket touts and the resale market . I've been to Rome a few times for rugby and had never heard of it. Until this year , I was stopped but I had my driving licence on me. I don't think it's heavily policed but I wouldn't take a chance. 

1 minute ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Sorry i meant away allocation at Fiorentina. Yeah there was about 8000 at the Scotland game i think. 

The drink ban was farcical. I asked for beer in a shop, the guy looked about shiftily before handing me a crate from under his counter haha.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/default_content/12774956.tartan-army-drank-265-000-pints-3-days/

the bar has been set !!!

yeah there were loads of locals cashing in walking about with cases of beer !!!!

Perth to Paisley
41 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

On the basis that 2500 is 2/3 of the Roseburn i would say its much smaller than that. 

Guessing at 1k

Tickets are linked to a passport or ID so no chance purchasing a home ticket 

See https://footballtripper.com/italy/fiorentina-stadium/

Seating plan + tab

Looks like they have another dedicated section os2 

OS3 would give you a 'Meadowbank' view so maybe 2.5k is accurate.

The twice I have been only 1 section was open/used 

Edited by Perth to Paisley

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Any mention of any bother from the locals?

None, but they weren't kitted out in football tops or out in the boozers late. No idea if that makes a difference.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Tasty. 

Who has the broadcasting rights for ECL? BT? 

Yip.

Can't thank UEFA enough for the perfect fixture list for me personally  :)

fabienleclerq
2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

That's horrendous and may affect the attendance 

Doubt it, all 3 will be sold out

10 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I'm sure the kick-off times will change. Won't be kicking off at 10pm local time in Riga I'd have thought, for example.

Don't think the times change. They've been agreed with local authorities and broadcasters. 

Desperate to go some of the away fixtures but it's tricky to know whether to book flights as I don't know if I'd get a ticket, particularly for the Riga match. Might just chance it with the Fiorentina one though.

Booked for Florence. Edinburgh to Stansted then on to Pisa. Train to Florence on the Wednesday. Back on the Friday. £230 all in for flights and train for 2 people. 

6 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Desperate to go some of the away fixtures but it's tricky to know whether to book flights as I don't know if I'd get a ticket, particularly for the Riga match. Might just chance it with the Fiorentina one though.

Should get a ticket okay. Someone can help if it's an issue with loyalty points and you can usually get a local ticket. 

Edited by Mikey1874

4 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Booked for Florence. Edinburgh to Stansted then on to Pisa. Train to Florence on the Wednesday. Back on the Friday. £230 all in for flights and train for 2 people. 

Gatwick to Florence booked £262 out on Thursday morning back Friday afternoon a wee night in Hotel Deco. Booked it packed it and will be ****in off! Mon the famous

19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Don't think the times change. They've been agreed with local authorities and broadcasters. 

Fair enough, confirmed by Hearts now.

15 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

See you on the flight!

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

So it begins ....

We will prob still sell.out , I'm just gutted as I'm struggling to make that time. Hopefully we can get it pushed back a bit, but if it's for Turkish TV we are probably stuck with 5:45pm unfortunately. 

3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

We will prob still sell.out , I'm just gutted as I'm struggling to make that time. Hopefully we can get it pushed back a bit, but if it's for Turkish TV we are probably stuck with 5:45pm unfortunately. 

It won't change mate. UEFA games are almost always the same time slots. Games at 6ish and 8ish. We've got the 6ish slot for one and the 8ish for another.

Won't get away sadly but half days booked for the 8th Sept and 3rd November. Plan to get thru early doors to the Capital and enjoy.  Fixture wise looks very balanced and gives us a chance. 

7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Would imagine these games will be sold as category A to maximise revenue 

£40 per game or 3 game package for £100 is my guess. Rangers and Celtic are £50-60 per game ...

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

£40 per game or 3 game package for £100 is my guess. Rangers and Celtic are £50-60 per game ...

Would be happy with that 

Think anyone who travels to any of the fixtures will get tickets no problem. Rfs have a tiny support and will play in the national stadium which holds 9500, fiorentina holds 40 plus and they average any 50% of that.  Istanbul is 17500 and they average about 4000

1 hour ago, Rory Mcilroy said:

Superb. That fixture list gives us the best chance of qualifying imo. 

I agree. I really like the order of the fixtures.  

To have a chance we need to beat Riga home and away and also take at least six points from the four games with Fiorentina and Istanbul.

Clearly they had to mess about with our group, I'm guessing due to other Turkish involvement on the Thursday as we play Istanbul match days 1 and 6 which is not what UEFA have in their own rules.......

How does the group stage work?

Teams in every group face each other home and away, with the same sides meeting on Matchdays 1 and 5, or Matchdays 2 and 6, or Matchdays 3 and 4.

The top two clubs will continue their European campaigns in the new year:

• Group winners progress to the round of 16.
  • Group runners-up go into the knockout round play-offs, where they will take on the third-placed UEFA Europa League teams for spots in the round of 16.
Edited by Luckies1874