• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• graygo

• SMJ_1874

• gorgierulesapply88

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It wont happen but it would be ****ing sensational :rofl:

🤣 The new sensation sweeping the footballing world. You've heard of the Mexican Wave, The Poznan and Viking Clap. Welcome to the Whirlie Yodel.

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It wont happen but it would be ****ing sensational :rofl:

A repeated co-ordinated single yodel or everyone freestyling with their own yodel?  We'd get quite a different effect from both.

Just now, JayTeeJnr said:

A repeated co-ordinated single yodel or everyone freestyling with their own yodel?  We'd get quite a different effect from both.

Each stand harmonising a second after the one before ………… would make it sound like it was echoing down the alps 

millerjames398
3 minutes ago, JayTeeJnr said:

Everyone just yodel freestyling,, whatever feels right just go with it😂🇱🇻

highlandjambo3
12 minutes ago, JayTeeJnr said:

🤣 The new sensation sweeping the footballing world. You've heard of the Mexican Wave, The Poznan and Viking Clap. Welcome to the Whirlie Yodel.

Not to keen on the Viking clap tbh 🙄

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Each stand harmonising a second after the one before ………… would make it sound like it was echoing down the alps 

8 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

Nice :) We could also have the Gorgie and Roseburn exchanging yodels (a bit like Arsenal with Clock End and North Bank). 

<Yodel> HEARTS! .... <Yodel> FC! or

<Yodel> JAM! .... <Yodel> TARTS!

Edited by JayTeeJnr

2 minutes ago, JayTeeJnr said:

Nice :) We could also have the Gorgie and Roseburn exchanging yodels (a bit like Arsenal with Clock End and North Bank). 

<Yodel> HEARTS! .... <Yodel> FC!

This is the way 

4 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Haven’t clocked any 

Think it was Les Dawson who said “whilst in Switzerland I got a cuckoo clock for my mother in law, a very good swap, only made a noise every hour.”

Oh tge hills are alive with the sound of...   WE HATE THE HIBEES!!!

Used to be a chant. Could be quite fitting.

Though technically I think they were Austrians in the movie.

Edited by Gorgierools

Just now, Gorgierools said:

Oh tge hills are alive with the sound of...   WE HATE THE HIBEES!!!

Used to be a chant. Could be quite fitting.

If they were Austrian. 😄

21 minutes ago, graygo said:

Any kind of clap to be fair. 😃

😂 Particularly the Thunderclap (as it's also known) 😬

37 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Not to keen on the Viking clap tbh 🙄

8 minutes ago, JayTeeJnr said:

😂 Particularly the Thunderclap (as it's also known) 😬

You'd maybe think differently had you been in a rammed Café Selfoss in Iceland for the 2016 Euros when Ísland gave Engerlund a pasting.

Brilliant time with the locals, and only foreigner there. Mind you, got stung £15 per miniature after hours in the hotel later that night. Switzerland, Iceland, Sweden ... bleedin' bank account bustin' places! Let's hope for an away trip to somewhere more affordable.

Ps ... I have it on good authourity that the Icelanders picked up said clap from Motherwell ... so say my ITK Icelandic chums.

12 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

You'd maybe think differently had you been in a rammed Café Selfoss in Iceland for the 2016 Euros when Ísland gave Engerlund a pasting.

Brilliant time with the locals, and only foreigner there. Mind you, got stung £15 per miniature after hours in the hotel later that night. Switzerland, Iceland, Sweden ... bleedin' bank account bustin' places! Let's hope for an away trip to somewhere more affordable.

Ps ... I have it on good authourity that the Icelanders picked up said clap from Motherwell ... so say my ITK Icelandic chums.

Most people pick up the clap in Motherwell to be fair.

highlandjambo3
19 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Motherwell is riddled to be fair 😁

9 minutes ago, graygo said:

3 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Motherwell is riddled to be fair 😁

Tam Cowan ... 🤭

3 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

One wet wipe on twitter saying they are going to take over our stadium. Aye good one.

Hopefully, there's a StGallenInEdinburgh poster on their site giving them helpful directions to Leith.

Perth to Paisley

Once worked with  guy from St Gallen who told me that after he served his national service he was instructed to take his rifle home as he was now effectively in their ' home guard'.

Never sure how true that was 

🙃

ernie winchester
2 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Once worked with  guy from St Gallen who told me that after he served his national service he was instructed to take his rifle home as he was now effectively in their ' home guard'.

🙃

It's absolutely true.  I have a number of Swiss friends - some who bacame Jambos during the 2004 Eufa cap tie - and they were showing me their assault rifles and handguns when I stayed with them.  The majority of adult males have them but very few gun crimes.

5 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

🙃

it's either that or they get given a jester outfit and told to work at the vatican

34 minutes ago, Gav M said:

it's either that or they get given a jester outfit and told to work at the vatican

Still better than the Italians guarding the pope, a car backfires and the whole of Rome would surrender.

6 minutes ago, westbow said:

Still better than the Italians guarding the pope, a car backfires and the whole of Rome would surrender.

the French would surrender, the Italians would switch sides 😂

3 minutes ago, Gav M said:

the French would surrender, the Italians would switch sides 😂

Scot’s would march 20 miles in kilts in all weathers, playing the pipes, then have a pagger.

52 minutes ago, ernie winchester said:

It's absolutely true.  I have a number of Swiss friends - some who bacame Jambos during the 2004 Eufa cap tie - and they were showing me their assault rifles and handguns when I stayed with them.  The majority of adult males have them but very few gun crimes.

Yup ...

"All healthy Swiss men aged between 18 and 34 are obliged to do military service and all are issued with assault rifles or pistols which they are supposed to keep at home."

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-21379912

highlandjambo3
6 minutes ago, sac said:

Scot’s would march 20 miles in kilts in all weathers, playing the pipes, then have a pagger.

Then bolt due to getting a filling in…..😁

willie wallace
53 minutes ago, ernie winchester said:

Is that where you got your name,😎

Percival King
3 hours ago, millerjames398 said:

Anyone remember:

Away up in Gorgie at Tynecastle Park,

Yodel ay, yodel ay, yodel ay hay ho,

There's a wee football team that will aye make its mark,

Yodel ay, yodel ay, yodel ay hay ho

7 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

There may not be many as, with the festival still being on, what hotel space is available is quite expensive.

Plenty of places to stay outside Edinburgh for those who fancy the trip.

All roads lead to Gorgie
26 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Yup ...

"All healthy Swiss men aged between 18 and 34 are obliged to do military service and all are issued with assault rifles or pistols which they are supposed to keep at home."

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-21379912

And me thinking all they got was a Swiss army knife 😄

5 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

The fireworks that go off at the castle every night just now at half 10 will prevent them from getting an early night.

Lets hope the Gorgie Fist have another display planned for the wee hours

Always find it funny when fans do this and the plan backfires. More often than not it seems the case. Even Rangers fans did it to PSV last week and didn't win.

Also find it a bit pointless when it's an evening game. I'd imagine the players probably go for a nap anyway during the day.

Jambo na hÉireann
6 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

And me thinking all they got was a Swiss army knife 😄

of course, they call it a ‘knife’

Nucky Thompson
53 minutes ago, westbow said:

Aye. Italian tanks have only got one gear.......Reverse

ScandinavianJambo
9 hours ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Can’t see any however they’re maybe under all the rubbish in the streets 

😂😂😂 Indeed...nobody knows

Think the US has taken over but Switzerland used to have the most guns per head of population in the world. Just weird for a neutral nation.

All roads lead to Gorgie
17 minutes ago, Jambo na hÉireann said:

of course, they call it a ‘knife’

In the words of Crocodile Dundee, " call that a knife, this is a knife" 😀

will-i-am-a-jambo
21 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Aye. Italian tanks have only got one gear.......Reverse

Why do the Italian navy use a glass bottomed boat? So they can wave to the previous Italian navy........

4 hours ago, JayTeeJnr said:

🤣 The new sensation sweeping the footballing world. You've heard of the Mexican Wave, The Poznan and Viking Clap. Welcome to the Gorgie Yodel.

FTFY

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Aah yes, the Shepard tone of yodelling 

9 hours ago, Mr Rabbit said:

It’s strange cause I just read your comment and went onto twitter and saw this:

Admittedly I was a little surprised at how little fans Zurich had.

Imagine the state this place would be in if we done this at tynecastle. Folk greet over a smoke bomb and act like it's mustard gas 😂

8 hours ago, Snedds76 said:

Hopefully they come out to west lothian and join me and the boys for pre match bevvy seen as Edinburgh is a shite hole just now 😉

Just for a couple of away games, "We're from a shithole, your from a shithole , we're from a shithole, your from a shithole!"

Maybe not..

:facepalm:

Edited by Birregrande

17 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Imagine the state this place would be in if we done this at tynecastle. Folk greet over a smoke bomb and act like it's mustard gas 😂

😂 I would love if we could do stuff like this or in Poland.

Although it’s a nightmare with pyro once it goes out and you can’t see the game for 5 minutes.

17 minutes ago, Birregrande said:

Just for a couple of away games, "We're from a shithole, your from a shithole , we're from a shithole, your from a shithole!"

Maybe not..

:facepalm:

😂😂😂

4 hours ago, graygo said:

What do Motherwell and Monte Carlo have in common? You can pay for sex with chips in both. Boom Boom.

9 hours ago, UchesPackage said:

hearing the hooligans are arriving from overnight buses tomorrow  and that the team are staying on George Street

Team are staying Marriott on Glasgow road