Set Pieces

TheBigO

One of the problems is that we have very little height in our team now. 

Halkett is our biggest aerial threat (albeit he isn't that tall). 

After Halkett, Kingsley (again not that tall) is probably the next most likely play to score a header from a corner.  That's pretty much it.  

I can't see Kye Rowles scoring many headed goals (he isn't that tall and heading the ball doesn't appear to be one of his strengths).  Sibbick, despite being tall, is pretty poor in the air and lacks the aggression needed.

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

One of the problems is that we have very little height in our team now. 

Halkett is our biggest aerial threat (albeit he isn't that tall). 

After Halkett, Kingsley (again not that tall) is probably the next most likely play to score a header from a corner.  That's pretty much it.  

I can't see Kye Rowles scoring many headed goals (he isn't that tall and heading the ball doesn't appear to be one of his strengths).  Sibbick, despite being tall, is pretty poor in the air and lacks the aggression needed.

I think it’s definitely the aggression to win it, Halkett has only scored two goals in the last two seasons, which shows the delivery isn’t great either. We seem to change takers constantly, nothing seems to work though. 
Definitely needs some serious work on it with players hitting different areas, also use mostly in swingers as no GK in the league likes dealing with them. 

Ex member of the SaS

What I see at most free kicks is everyone crowding the box, no one goes out to either wing and at corners there is never anyone out on the wing as the ball nearly always goes out for a throw on the other side from the kick. Also how hard can it be at a corner to get the ball chipped into the box so that it is falling near the penalty spot.

7 hours ago, Homme said:

Yep. We would normally have Grant taking them.

When GMS took over yesterday they improved ten fold.

Grant's corners were shocking against the hobbos - I think he had about 6/7 and every one was wasted.

We really need to get them sorted - some variations would be a good start.

Way better last night.  Was interested to see Grant put in two very good corners, then the next one, from the right, Cochrane took.  Was decent too, went out other side for a corner and still Cochrane went over to take it.

Then next corner was from left and Barrie took it (straight into keepers arms which is his favourite)

Seemed weird to me that Grant hit good ones, was taken off them, Cochrane hit good ones, was taken off them.  Didn't seem to be related to side of pitch or even type of corner.

Overall much better deliveries last night though and if we keep that standard up, we'll score more from them

10 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I am pretty sure statistically you have a much better chance of scoring a near post corner.

Me?  Na, I tend to take them cos I can't see to head the ball, but I do have a left foot like a chuffing wand

Jambo 4 Ever

What do we actually do in training?

score 1 goal from a corner in about 12 months … surely we have to do better

otherwise winning a corner isn’t really that good