***Official Heart of Midlothian vs FC Zurich Match Thread - live on BBC Scotland ***

tartofmidlothian

Shooter McGavin

Possibly been covered on a part of this thread I haven’t scrolled through yet (apologies if so),

but away goals bulls*** was scrapped a while back, correct?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Pasquale for King

• iantjambo

• Geoff Kilpatrick

Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

Possibly been covered on a part of this thread I haven’t scrolled through yet (apologies if so),

yup

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, AndyNic said:

image.png.db3a6681295a4b1b618c43abd0dd06a3.png

Be my team,  apart from maybe Devlin for Haring. 

Haring may be needed for his height tho. 

5 natural left footers and 3 that can use both feet. 

Not often that happens. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Yip and we'll win 1-0- cursing it for the first time ever. 

1 minute ago, Gaz0503 said:

In Lanzarote for this one tonight. Anyone know of any bars In Puerto del carmen that may be showing the game? 

Probably most of the bars on the The Strip.

1 minute ago, Corstojohn said:

Probably most of the bars on the The Strip.

If you ask they will probably put it on for you. Just avoid Bluebells and The Auld Triangle.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 minute ago, Gaz0503 said:

In Lanzarote for this one tonight. Anyone know of any bars In Puerto del carmen that may be showing the game? 

I posted the other day about a sports bar in the square that has the Music Hall Tavern in it. Can't remember its name, though might just be called 'The Sports Bar'. I watched the quarter final against St Mirren in there. There was plenty of other games on (English), but I asked them to put it on and they put it on on a smaller, older TV. I'm sure that was on BBC Scotland, too, so they should be able to get it for you. They do boast that they will get any match requested, so good luck 🤞

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 minute ago, Corstojohn said:

If you ask they will probably put it on for you. Just avoid Bluebells and The Auld Triangle.

I always avoid Bluebells, also the one in Costa Teguise, but never heard of the Auld Triangle. What's bad about that one? 

Seaside Dave
7 minutes ago, Gaz0503 said:

Was quite a lot of bars down the sea front had football on every night when we where there at start of August. It's a case of going in and asking them to turn one of the TVs other to BBC Scotland mate

5 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I always avoid Bluebells, also the one in Costa Teguise, but never heard of the Auld Triangle. What's bad about that one? 

Yeah we walked by bluebells last night so looking to avoid that. The missus is not keen on that bar either. 

5 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

Was quite a lot of bars down the sea front had football on every night when we where there at start of August. It's a case of going in and asking them to turn one of the TVs other to BBC Scotland mate

Thanks mate lots of bars have sports advertised so will pop into them and ask BBC Scotland. Not much other games on at the same time so should hopefully get somewhere to turn it on 🤞

11 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I posted the other day about a sports bar in the square that has the Music Hall Tavern in it. Can't remember its name, though might just be called 'The Sports Bar'. I watched the quarter final against St Mirren in there. There was plenty of other games on (English), but I asked them to put it on and they put it on on a smaller, older TV. I'm sure that was on BBC Scotland, too, so they should be able to get it for you. They do boast that they will get any match requested, so good luck 🤞

Thanks mate will give it a go tonight! Handy to know they have the BBC Scotland channel and are happy to stick it on when requested. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, Gaz0503 said:

Thanks mate will give it a go tonight! Handy to know they have the BBC Scotland channel and are happy to stick it on when requested. 

Hope you're at that end of the strip or you'll be knackered by the time you get there :HeartsManspotrun:. Enjoy your night out and the rest of your holiday in PDC. A great place to be.

22 minutes ago, Corstojohn said:

Had the same advice about a woman in a Glasgow pub :oohmatron:

Watt-Zeefuik
29 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

The fireworks thing has been done on the continent for years and more recently by English clubs in Europe

And I assume by now when the manager is talking to the team while boarding the bus it's a matter of, "right, everyone got their white noise machines and noise cancelling headphones? Great, we're off."

Zurich have been getting lumped on.  7/5 in from 17/10.  Hearts out to 9/5.  90 mins of course.  Hearts even money with draw-no bet looks pretty good.

50 minutes ago, Gaz0503 said:

Bluebells The Rangers bar will put it in I would think. Owner nice guy and inviting to respectful Hearts fans (doesn’t like Hibbies). 
he bought me a beer when we drew with Rangers. Me and son were only Jambos in bar. 

Seaside jambo

Hi 

I’m on Madeira in Funchal can’t get bbc Scotland 

does anyone know if it’s on Canal 11again like the last leg 

sorry to be a pest 

thanks 

Assuming fit:

Gordon

Smith Rowles Kingsley Cochrane

Devlin Haring

Forrest Boyce McKay

Shankland

I don't think Lewis Neilson is ready yet and Sibbick hasn't impressed me at CB. Also think than Grant was anonymous and Boyce deserves a chance. Bit worried because this is our best team IMO, subs wise everything is a downgrade (exception being that Halkett is missing). 

I'd be tempted to put Atkinson as RM if Forrest can't do the job. Think Atkinson and Smith down the right side could be a good double act. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hadn’t really considered Haring at CH, can’t see it but you never know. 

C209ADA6-C150-44C7-8071-4ED62026EB19.jpeg

I reckon Haring will be on the bench.

This could go to penalties.  Shankland will have to battle through the 2 hours.  No idea who would take the others but the coaches will have been working on it.

2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

We playing tonight...

image.thumb.png.92ee2773841dd4822cb055dde25170b8.png

Was just saying the same - shocking. Also, they’ve just copied last week’s build up. No mention of what it now means for us following last night’s result etc. 

No Idle Talk

I am so up for this tonight. Wish more than anything I could be at the match. Hopefully all the Jambos who are there tonight will be in full voice. The atmosphere that we can create at Tynecastle can absolutely have an effect on this match and help drive the boys on to a famous win.

I feel really good about our chances here. There are nagging doubts in the back of my head, due to previous bad experiences, but I believe in this group of players. I know they can get the job done. 

Come on Hearts. Do us proud. 

9 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

anyone know if I can retune my BTBox away from BBC 1 London to Scotland?

Not sure but if you go to iplayer then channels, pick Scotland or bbbc Scotland and you’ve cracked it. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not sure but if you go to iplayer then channels, pick Scotland or bbbc Scotland and you’ve cracked it. 

thanks, got that as plan b - couple of minutes behind and not sure if high def. pretty sure I used to be able to hack the tv too, but not seeing any optionality, only strongest signal.

3 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

thanks, got that as plan b - couple of minutes behind and not sure if high def. pretty sure I used to be able to hack the tv too, but not seeing any optionality, only strongest signal.

With bt box it asks you to select region when you first boot it up. I’d imagine if you restored settings you could select Scotland but never tried it. 

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I reckon Haring will be on the bench.

This could go to penalties.  Shankland will have to battle through the 2 hours.  No idea who would take the others but the coaches will have been working on it.

Quite possibly considering he wasn’t great last week. His height will be needed at set pieces though.

Edited by Pasquale for King

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

With bt box it asks you to select region when you first boot it up. I’d imagine if you restored settings you could select Scotland but never tried it. 

hard reset? interesting shout, think I'll try that at the weekend. cheers again.

Get those voices oiled boys. 

90 minutes of pure vocals tonight.

No let down.

Let is show the toblerone lovers how it’s done.

Hungry hippo

The team selection question forme is who misses out from Haring, Devlin, Grant, Forrest and Boyce as one of them will need to.

I'd probably go without Grant but a tough decision.

1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

The team selection question forme is who misses out from Haring, Devlin, Grant, Forrest and Boyce as one of them will need to.

I'd probably go without Grant but a tough decision.

I think it will be Forrest. I can't see both Forrest and McKay playing in the mind of coach Neilson.

34 minutes ago, Seaside jambo said:

Hi 

I’m on Madeira in Funchal can’t get bbc Scotland 

does anyone know if it’s on Canal 11again like the last leg 

sorry to be a pest 

thanks 

Doesn't look like it.

https://www.livesoccertv.com/channels/canal-11-portugal/

Last week's broadcast rights were owned by FC Zurich who distributed them.  I suppose that Hearts own tonight's game rights but may have passed then completely to BBC Scotland apart from Hearts TV International subscribers as I don't see anything listed on sports channels here for any of tonight's Europa play-off games.

Somebody here will probably be able to point you to a link though.

39 minutes ago, OTT said:

Assuming fit:

Gordon

Smith Rowles Kingsley Cochrane

Devlin Haring

Forrest Boyce McKay

Shankland

I don't think Lewis Neilson is ready yet and Sibbick hasn't impressed me at CB. Also think than Grant was anonymous and Boyce deserves a chance. Bit worried because this is our best team IMO, subs wise everything is a downgrade (exception being that Halkett is missing). 

I'd be tempted to put Atkinson as RM if Forrest can't do the job. Think Atkinson and Smith down the right side could be a good double act. 

That's the team please no 343

30 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Was just saying the same - shocking. Also, they’ve just copied last week’s build up. No mention of what it now means for us following last night’s result etc. 

Too busy looking already at the squads/form of the CL opposition. No time to waste.