Astrology

JudyJudyJudy

JudyJudyJudy

Is a load of bollocks or a science?

When I was younger teen  i was daft about it. Read up on it all the time and wanted to know everyone's star sign to see if we were compatible . I like ther personality descriptors and not the daily horoscopes which are ludicrous really.  Now that I'm older i think its a load of  crap really but still have an interest in knowing a person star sign. I'm usually no bad ay guessing what sign they might be .  Maybe there is something to it,  maybe not. 

I'm just happy that I'm the "nicest sign in the zodiac."..

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

9 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

When I was younger teen  i was daft about it. Read up on it all the time and wanted to know everyone's star sign to see if we were compatible . I like ther personality descriptors and not the daily horoscopes which are ludicrous really.  Now that I'm older i think its a load of  crap really but still have an interest in knowing a person star sign. I'm usually no bad ay guessing what sign they might be .  Maybe there is something to it,  maybe not. 

I'm just happy that I'm the "nicest sign in the zodiac."..

Bollocks. 

Pile of crap, as there is a huge and varied variety of different traits amongst people from each and every star sign, same with horoscopes, make the prediction generalised enough and you'll bound to get many people that'll say this happened to me that day, yes but it also happened to many people from a different star sign as well.

Don’t knock it !

Just read mine….

You will continue to live in a situation where the devious lead the dumb and there’s nothing you can do about it. Your only hope is nuclear conflagration!

Lucky number- 0.

Edited by Boab

Just now, Boab said:

Don’t knock it !

Just read mine….

You will continue to live in a situation where the devious lead the dumb and there’s nothing you can do about it. You’re only hope is nuclear conflagration!

Lucky number- 0.

Was that in The National?!

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Pile of crap, as there is a huge and varied variety of different traits amongst people from each and every star sign, same with horoscopes, make the prediction generalised enough and you'll bound to get many people that'll say this happened to me that day, yes but it also happened to many people from a different star sign as well.

I meant more the personality traits of each star sign not the daily horoscopes .  which are a pile of poo

JudyJudyJudy

Well i looked up my sign and this is what it says 

Element: Fire

Color: Gold, Yellow, Orange

Quality: Fixed

Day: Sunday

Ruler: Sun

Greatest Compatibility: Aquarius, Gemini

Lucky Numbers: 1, 3, 10, 19

Dates: July 23 - August 22

Leo (July 23 - August 22)

Leo Traits

Strengths: Creative, passionate, generous, warm-hearted, cheerful, humorous

Weaknesses: Arrogant, stubborn, self-centered, lazy, inflexible

Leo likes: Theater, taking holidays, being admired, expensive things, bright colors, fun with friends

Leo dislikes: Being ignored, facing difficult reality, not being treated like a king or queen

People born under the sign of Leo are natural born leaders. They are dramatic, creative, self-confident, dominant and extremely difficult to resist, able to achieve anything they want to in any area of life they commit to. There is a specific strength to a Leo and their "king of the jungle" status. Leo often has many friends for they are generous and loyal. Self-confident and attractive, this is a Sun sign capable of uniting different groups of people and leading them as one towards a shared cause, and their healthy sense of humor makes collaboration with other people even easier.

( admittedly this just the nice qualities :) ) 

Strangely enough two of my longest serving friends have been geminis .  

JudyJudyJudy
27 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Massive pile of *****

26 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Bollocks. 

LOL thats why I love KB ...say what you want !

Clearly not a science but over the years I’ve flirted with believing in some some aspects and have found a very loose correlation with people I have met and their alleged star sign traits/characteristics….. For example Libras (me) are famously said to be diplomatic, creative, slow to hurt others but also very indecisive etc etc Dates are around 22nd Sep to 22 Oct. Unfortunately for my belief system I have just recently found out that Putin’s birthday is 7th October which males him️…….👀😔🙈💩

45 minutes ago, Cade said:

File in the same folder as "angels", "ghosts" and "healing crystals".

A load of old shite exploiting vulnerable people for money.

Correct. Plus tarot cards, psychics, mediums and faith healers.

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

From the dafties I've met over the years who are into this kind of stuff, it appears to be a phase they go through before moving onto either something more mainstream (I knew a South African who went from being an 'astrologist' to a Muslim) or other cool 'labels' to bore their friends with.

For what's it worth I think your a  Libra or Aquarius 

Id hazard a guess that some of the more crazy posters  are Virgos or Scorpions. 

image-23-10-21-06-58-16.gif

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Correct. Plus tarot cards, psychics, mediums and faith healers.

I believe in none of that 

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, HHGH1874 said:

Clearly not a science but over the years I’ve flirted with believing in some some aspects and have found a very loose correlation with people I have met and their alleged star sign traits/characteristics….. For example Libras (me) are famously said to be diplomatic, creative, slow to hurt others but also very indecisive etc etc Dates are around 22nd Sep to 22 Oct. Unfortunately for my belief system I have just recently found out that Putin’s birthday is 7th October which males him️…….👀😔🙈💩

Ah Librans are nice. Always seem level headed and approachable if its all true 

John Findlay

Load of bollocks, people who believe in this shite, are as bad as the religious people who take a kicking on here.

JudyJudyJudy

The weirdest sign i think is Virgo.  Quite damaged people really ( well some of them ) 

Nicest Libra or Leo 

Deranged but funny but also critical are Cancer 

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Libra.

You're obviously psycho.

wooo hooo proof that I do know my signs 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

I file it under the same as mood rings, fortune cookies and those little red fish things you get in Christmas crackers. 

been here before

Up there with people who can send their thoughts to other families over the ether/internet.

Edited by been here before

5 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

"Less tits!"..........ya think?😅

At least there's nae unionist ***** in it . Tho it does print some Hoosers pish from time to time. 

6 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I meant more the personality traits of each star sign not the daily horoscopes .  which are a pile of poo

And there is a huge variance of traits within the same star sign, and I'd guess many people from other signs will share similar traits to me.

I've been called most things in my life, but deranged is a new one. :laugh:

Just remember fire boy, water can tame you. 

I read my horoscope daily. Keen Horoscope is the most accurate online apparently, I had a psychic reading recently and knew everything about my life the past year. Some are nonsense however. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, superjack said:

Used to always read them until I turned about 15. I'm a Taurus @JudyJudyJudy, what would my personality traits be based on that?

My best friend is a Taurus.  Very reliable, loyal  dependable people albeit rather stubborn but generally the salt of earth i say. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

And there is a huge variance of traits within the same star sign, and I'd guess many people from other signs will share similar traits to me.

I've been called most things in my life, but deranged is a new one. :laugh:

Just remember fire boy, water can tame you. 

Yes perhaps " deranged " was too harsh as I was speaking from the experience of having an ex who was a Cancerian.....and he certainly tried to extinguish my fire. Trouble was I just too much fire :) so he evaporated. :) 

JudyJudyJudy
40 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Derren Brown debunking astrology:

I honestly have not watched all of this video but IM guessing that he gave them all the same profiles ?  

44 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

My best friend is a Taurus.  Very reliable, loyal  dependable people albeit rather stubborn but generally the salt of earth i say. 

Ah well, 2 out of 4 right for me. Loyal and stubborn yes. Not very reliable or dependable though as I can never remember where I'm meant to be or what I'm supposed to actually do!

7 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes perhaps " deranged " was too harsh as I was speaking from the experience of having an ex who was a Cancerian.....and he certainly tried to extinguish my fire. Trouble was I just too much fire :) so he evaporated. :) 

Oh you fire signs can be a lot of work, hell I know that only too well, Mrs JJ is a fire sign (not Leo), but we must compliment each other, been together for over 40 years now, so we must be doing something right.

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Oh you fire signs can be a lot of work, hell I know that only too well, Mrs JJ is a fire sign (not Leo), but we must compliment each other, been together for over 40 years now, so we must be doing something right.

we are that,  but we are worth it  

R (9).jpg

1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I honestly have not watched all of this video but IM guessing that he gave them all the same profiles ?  

Correct

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Correct

Yeah I was getting that vibe . It’s fairly accurate really because when you read character / attribute ascribed to each sign most people can relate to a few of anyway , in particular the positive ones . 

Unknown user

I've given this some thought over the years, and I reckon there could be something in it. Not in a constellations making you meet mysterious strangers kind of way though of course, what pish!

But we're products of nature and nurture, genes and environment. It seems reasonable to think that certain things happen at certain stages of development, both in the womb and after birth.

Let's just say that typically, at about 7 months old, something important develops in a baby's eyes. Will it develop differently if they're 7 months old in January compared to 7 months old in the heart of summer when there's more light of better quality?

Does going through winter at 4-6 months make you a grumpy ******* while in summer it makes you a boring tool?

Obviously there are all sorts of variables in life, not to mention in different locations across the world, but it doesn't seem so mental to me that a bunch of people born in a similar place at a similar time will experience a degree of similar environmental conditions, and possibly develop similarly in certain ways.

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

I've given this some thought over the years, and I reckon there could be something in it. Not in a constellations making you meet mysterious strangers kind of way though of course, what pish!

But we're products of nature and nurture, genes and environment. It seems reasonable to think that certain things happen at certain stages of development, both in the womb and after birth.

Let's just say that typically, at about 7 months old, something important develops in a baby's eyes. Will it develop differently if they're 7 months old in January compared to 7 months old in the heart of summer when there's more light of better quality?

Does going through winter at 4-6 months make you a grumpy ******* while in summer it makes you a boring tool?

Obviously there are all sorts of variables in life, not to mention in different locations across the world, but it doesn't seem so mental to me that a bunch of people born in a similar place at a similar time will experience a degree of similar environmental conditions, and possibly develop similarly in certain ways.

Definitely.

We are all made of stars buddy.

Good read that.

JudyJudyJudy
10 hours ago, Smithee said:

Good posting. Were you stoned when you wrote it ? :) 

16 hours ago, Jambosammy said:

I read my horoscope daily. Keen Horoscope is the most accurate online apparently, I had a psychic reading recently and knew everything about my life the past year. Some are nonsense however. 

All are nonsense.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Good posting. Were you stoned when you wrote it ? :) 

I don't know what you're talking about officer

On 13/08/2022 at 12:22, JudyJudyJudy said:

Is this possibly the daftest question ever posed in the Shed?

Of course, that's the kind of thing I would say, being an Aries and all.