Astrology

JudyJudyJudy

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

Is this possibly the daftest question ever posed in the Shed?

Of course, that's the kind of thing I would say, being an Aries and all.

Thought u were a fire sign ! Hence our arguments ! Fire fighting fire !😂 😎

21 hours ago, Smithee said:

I've given this some thought over the years, and I reckon there could be something in it. Not in a constellations making you meet mysterious strangers kind of way though of course, what pish!

But we're products of nature and nurture, genes and environment. It seems reasonable to think that certain things happen at certain stages of development, both in the womb and after birth.

Let's just say that typically, at about 7 months old, something important develops in a baby's eyes. Will it develop differently if they're 7 months old in January compared to 7 months old in the heart of summer when there's more light of better quality?

Does going through winter at 4-6 months make you a grumpy ******* while in summer it makes you a boring tool?

Obviously there are all sorts of variables in life, not to mention in different locations across the world, but it doesn't seem so mental to me that a bunch of people born in a similar place at a similar time will experience a degree of similar environmental conditions, and possibly develop similarly in certain ways.

The Irish astrological calendar is a bit different, made up of 13 months named after native trees (AFAIK, all the trees are also native to Britain).  There was a ancient calendar of 13 lunar divisions, and at some point each "month" became associated with a tree.  In Irish folklore, trees had ranks, attributes and powers, so the notion is that if you are born in the month of a particular tree, you will have benefits and protections which derive from the tree's rank and powers.  It's a different form of nonsense.  My own tree is An Fhearnóg (the Alder).  Traditionally, alder wood was regarded as the best material for making musical instruments like pipes, flutes and whistles.  That's probably why I haven't a note in my head.  :laugh: 

10 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Thought u were a fire sign ! Hence our arguments ! Fire fighting fire !😂 😎

But also, see above.  :th_cool:

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

The Irish astrological calendar is a bit different, made up of 13 months named after native trees (AFAIK, all the trees are also native to Britain).  There was a ancient calendar of 13 lunar divisions, and at some point each "month" became associated with a tree.  In Irish folklore, trees had ranks, attributes and powers, so the notion is that if you are born in the month of a particular tree, you will have benefits and protections which derive from the tree's rank and powers.  It's a different form of nonsense.  My own tree is An Fhearnóg (the Alder).  Traditionally, alder wood was regarded as the best material for making musical instruments like pipes, flutes and whistles.  That's probably why I haven't a note in my head.  :laugh: 

Never heard of any of the above before 😮 

John Findlay
39 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Of course trees can be felled.

A Boy Named Crow
On 15/08/2022 at 07:20, Ulysses said:

Barking up the wrong tree I reckon

Very interesting comments.

Its clear to me the majority here have yet to be " deconditioned" , which probably explains the large support for things like " the covid narrative "  and vaccine uptake.

Seems our own club requires deconditioning as it was one of the first to jump into bed with those portraying such.

Shows a lack of clear thinking and self awareness , no wonder we never win in Glasgow. Winning there requires " deconditioning " to the old firm narrative and that starts at the top ! 

All roads lead to Gorgie
On 13/08/2022 at 13:49, Cade said:

File in the same folder as "angels", "ghosts" and "healing crystals".

A load of old shite exploiting vulnerable people for money.

You could add hibs promoting of season tickets to those three 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Oh dear it looks like hibs net is missing an idiot this morning :vrface:

On 16/08/2022 at 05:22, Smithee said:

By tree fellers, I forget their names 

Ulysses, John Findlay and JudyJudyJudy.  Doze were de names of the tree of dem. 

14 hours ago, thewiseone said:

Very interesting comments.

Its clear to me the majority here have yet to be " deconditioned" , which probably explains the large support for things like " the covid narrative "  and vaccine uptake.

Seems our own club requires deconditioning as it was one of the first to jump into bed with those portraying such.

Shows a lack of clear thinking and self awareness , no wonder we never win in Glasgow. Winning there requires " deconditioning " to the old firm narrative and that starts at the top ! 

Parlez-vous Anglais?