• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• OTT

• Pasquale for King

• Smoked-Glass

****ing pathetic the women's premier League in England will no doubt get a better deal than us soon

Edited by vegas-voss

AC Mallin_51
3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

****ing pathetic the women's premier League in England will no doubt get a better deal than us soon

Pretty sure last year it was £30m so already there 

AC Mallin_51
Just now, Wee Mikey said:

Over how many years, though  🤔

Ah good point not sure, just remember when it was first announced people pointed out it was a bigger deal than ours 

21 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Over how many years, though  🤔

20 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Ah good point not sure, just remember when it was first announced people pointed out it was a bigger deal than ours 

Over four years as it kicks in after the current deal expires in 2025 and runs to 2029

Absolute garbage deal ………… four million more than the current pile of shite deal over four years

Honestly we are run by total incompetents and we will be locked in to this for another six years while other leagues get far more improved deals from their national broadcasters

Just totally depressing 

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Over four years as it kicks in after the current deal expires in 2025 and runs to 2029

Inflation alone probably means the clubs will make less from the new deal. 

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Inflation alone probably means the clubs will make less from the new deal. 

Totally and if we sign up to this then we might as well just give up all to gether 

Smoked-Glass

It's still better than having them split between sky and BT like it was for a while.   All on one channel is better for the consumer 

1 minute ago, Smoked-Glass said:

It's still better than having them split between sky and BT like it was for a while.   All on one channel is better for the consumer 

But it is financially complete piss and will see us poorer than the current deal 

Does Doncaster even try and negotiate a better deal ?

I have massive doubts 

So currently up to 48 games at £25.7m, or in otherwords £535,516 per game if they show them all. 

Proposted new deal up to 60 games at £29.5m or £491,666 per game. 

The headline figure might be bigger but I fail to see how this is actually a better deal. Get them to ****. 

Just now, Jamboross said:

So currently up to 48 games at £25.7m, or in otherwords £535,516 per game if they show them all. 

Proposted new deal up to 60 games at £29.5m or £491,666 per game. 

The headline figure might be bigger but I fail to see how this is actually a better deal. Get them to ****. 

For reference, Ronaldo is on £26.8M a season.

40 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Pretty sure last year it was £30m so already there 

£26m over 3 years.

Honestly though it most likely will be better when it's renewed 

Neil Mccanns Wand
47 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

please excuse my total ignorance but that’s £29.5m across four years not per year?  And how’s the money split? Equally or in favour of them twats?

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But it is financially complete piss and will see us poorer than the current deal 

Does Doncaster even try and negotiate a better deal ?

I have massive doubts 

Has all the trademarks of a dodgy dealer Arthur Daley without and charm

2 minutes ago, Neil Mccanns Wand said:

please excuse my total ignorance but that’s £29.5m across four years not per year?  And how’s the money split? Equally or in favour of them twats?

It's £29.5m per season. SPFL add all revenue to a central pot and it's then divvied out based on league position with the top two naturally taking a disproportionately large slice of the pie. 

Edited by Jamboross

rudeskaboyuk

There's no value in Scottish football when our teams are getting pumped 4-0 in Europe and it's not even half time . 

Motherwell result must have had TV companies desperate to make a lucrative deal I bet. 

Thats a shit ****ing deal. 

Norway get £63m, Greece get £57m, I think we should be pushing for a hell of a lot more. 

I hope we block the deal. I assume something like this requires consent. Before we go signing away anything, we'd be better to hang fire and wait for the Deloitte findings to be announced. 

I do not believe Doncaster even attempts to get a fair deal for Scottish clubs. 

But we're the mugs that roll over and allow it. 

Should block the deal, force him to resign or be ousted and go back to Sky with someone that actually posses some commercial awareness and a spine. 

Entirely confident Budge could get a better deal. 

Just now, rudeskaboyuk said:

There's no value in Scottish football when our teams are getting pumped 4-0 in Europe and it's not even half time . 

Motherwell result must have had TV companies desperate to make a lucrative deal I bet. 

It's got absolutely nothing to do with how our teams perform in Europe. Belgian league gets £86m, Norwegian £63m, Poland £44m, Sweden £43m, Denmark £35m. None of these countries are exactly European powerhouses. We get shafted. 

Rory Mcilroy

The Scottish game apparently gets more viewers for sky than the English championship, yet again though it's the same old weak and spineless negotiations from that creep. 

1 minute ago, Rory Mcilroy said:

The Scottish game apparently gets more viewers for sky than the English championship, yet again though it's the same old weak and spineless negotiations from that creep. 

100% about time parity was demanded with countries like Greece, Poland and the Scandinavian countries. 

We're getting robbed and Doncaster needs removed immediately. 

They could launch an SPFL streaming service and far exceed the pathetic sum sky toss our way. 

There are options. Even just as a negotiating strategy. 

Neil Mccanns Wand
2 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

It's got absolutely nothing to do with how our teams perform in Europe. Belgian league gets £86m, Norwegian £63m, Poland £44m, Sweden £43m, Denmark £35m. None of these countries are exactly European powerhouses. We get shafted. 

it all stems back to the product they’re selling being shit.  I believe the main focus should be to develop a better product which would involve a concerted effort by the GFA to level the playing fields in the game. They should actively want a more competitive league.  

this deal is so bad it’s almost pointless bothering. Are we that desperate for a measly 29:5m?  I’d also like to see a more even TV deal if it does go ahead.  Sick of watching either or every single week. I’m paying the same money as an old firm fan so should get the same deal as they do.

With such SHIT terms, we shouldn't be entertaining anything other than a 1 year extension. 

If Sky walk, we're all the better for it. 

****ing robbing *****. 

30 million is a disgrace of a tv deal, I know the product in the spfl is not the best but there are positives in the league, passion from fans being one major factor and potentially a closer title race and fight for European places than the epl or other better leagues, I think league has been under sold for a long time, it's potentially because of our Mickey mouse split set up and the fact there are only 12 teams in the league, too much based on what the OF and their fans want and nothing based on the other clubs  if we had an 18 or 20 team league we could potentially have around 4 or 5 derbys and then teams like us, hibs and aberdeen could potentially get closer if we only had to go to Glasgow twice a season. The whole thing needs an overhaul from top to bottom, but no point going on about it as it will never be allowed to change.

Honestly, would take the view of if Sky will not give us parity with other European countries then just kill the negotiations and go with BT out of spite. 

See how many subs sky lose and then in a couple of years see if they're willing to actually support Scottish football. 

Would happily take some short term pain if it meant not being so utterly ****ing servile in accepting such a pathetic deal. 

16 minutes ago, OTT said:

Thats a shit ****ing deal. 

Norway get £63m, Greece get £57m, I think we should be pushing for a hell of a lot more. 

I hope we block the deal. I assume something like this requires consent. Before we go signing away anything, we'd be better to hang fire and wait for the Deloitte findings to be announced. 

I do not believe Doncaster even attempts to get a fair deal for Scottish clubs. 

But we're the mugs that roll over and allow it. 

Should block the deal, force him to resign or be ousted and go back to Sky with someone that actually posses some commercial awareness and a spine. 

Entirely confident Budge could get a better deal. 

Be funny if we block it along with Hibs, Aberdeen and United and suddenly every other club starts giving it the “no other choice” and “standing in the way of saving clubs” pish that we were hit with during lockdown end the season deal.

3 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

30 million is a disgrace of a tv deal, I know the product in the spfl is not the best but there are positives in the league, passion from fans being one major factor and potentially a closer title race and fight for European places than the epl or other better leagues, I think league has been under sold for a long time, it's potentially because of our Mickey mouse split set up and the fact there are only 12 teams in the league, too much based on what the OF and their fans want and nothing based on the other clubs  if we had an 18 or 20 team league we could potentially have around 4 or 5 derbys and then teams like us, hibs and aberdeen could potentially get closer if we only had to go to Glasgow twice a season. The whole thing needs an overhaul from top to bottom, but no point going on about it as it will never be allowed to change.

The product can only improve if we get more money to spend

risible deals like this are the reason the product is not very good 

Just now, Sooks said:

Be funny if we block it along with Hibs, Aberdeen and United and suddenly every other club starts giving it the “no other choice” and “standing in the way of saving clubs” pish that we were hit with during lockdown end the season deal.

I genuinely think we need to take the if you want give us a fair deal, we'll burn the ****ing house down position.

I'm sick of Sky abusing Scottish football. We're continually forced into accepting long term shit deals whilst Sky are utterly looting cash out of Scotland and throwing BILLIONS at English football. 

I'm self filtering by using abusing. But we seem to have willingly adopted a position over a barrel and are just letting them go ham on us. 

Get some ****ing self respect, reject their pathetic insulting offer and tell them to come back with a serious offer that can help build Scottish football up and shows some concern and passion for the product their buying. 

Rory Mcilroy
5 minutes ago, OTT said:

They could launch an SPFL streaming service and far exceed the pathetic sum sky toss our way. 

There are options. Even just as a negotiating strategy. 

All for this.

Cover the game up here similar to how BT Sport did. 

300k subs at 15 quid pm = 54m per year. 

Fag packet maths but surely worth serious consideration. We're being shafted here big time. 

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Shit deal.  Tell them to ram it and stream our own matches.

YES YES YES

Streaming is more accessible than it has ever been before. 

If we could convince 10% of Scottish households to back an SPFL streaming service for £10 a month we'd make circa £28m a year. That is parity with their shit deal. BUT we'd actually have the infrastructure to develop and grow the product, so in year 2 we could grow the product more and more as the years go by. Not only that, but if we suceeded, you better believe the EPL would jump ship and launch their own too which would ****ing kill Sky. 

There are 2.4 million households in Scotland, we have the highest per capita attendance in Europe. Its safe to say we have an extremely engaged population when it comes to football. You add in Ireland and England too where if nothing else we could sell day passes either commercially to pubs, or to individuals and there isn't a snowballs chance we'd fail. 

If we can convince benefactors to pay us to sponsor a charity, we can absolutely find people willing to invest to get this off the ground. 

shocking deal....when my sky sports runs out in feb im never getting it again....it should be double this whit an increase of 10% a year to invest in the scottish game....I'm sorry but sky can fk off.....would be great if bt came back now with way more....How can you expect scottish football to gey better when it's deals like this that hold it back.....

Hopefully  the five teams involved in th Deloitte report block this deal until the report comes out.

Edited by RENE

10 minutes ago, OTT said:

Honestly, would take the view of if Sky will not give us parity with other European countries then just kill the negotiations and go with BT out of spite. 

See how many subs sky lose and then in a couple of years see if they're willing to actually support Scottish football. 

Would happily take some short term pain if it meant not being so utterly ****ing servile in accepting such a pathetic deal. 

Thing is, they probably wouldn't lose that many. Sad fact is so many Scottish folk are more interested in being armchair fans of Liverpool/Chelsea/Barcelona/Bayern etc, their Scottish teams are almost an afterthought. I was at the Brechin vs Hibs U21 game last night (mates family member plays for Brechin so I tagged along) and all folk were talking about were the Premier League games from the weekend, not the game in front of them, not the Derby, but how much of a baller Kulusevski at Spurs is. I think Sky look upon covering Scottish football almost as a charitable donation, there's only one fixture they actually want. 

8 minutes ago, Rory Mcilroy said:

All for this.

Cover the game up here similar to how BT Sport did. 

300k subs at 15 quid pm = 54m per year. 

Fag packet maths but surely worth serious consideration. We're being shafted here big time. 

I would LOVE us to go down this route but sadly once you include the set up costs and ongoing production etc which we obviously don't pay with a Sky or BT deal I'm not sure how viable it actually is. 300k paying £15 a month on top of their Sky/BT/Netflix/Disney subsctiptions is probably not going to happen especially in the current economic climate. 

• davemclaren changed the title to TV deal/Neil Doncaster ( merged )