• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

• Don Dan

11 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Anyone with a brain knows we aren't challenging the Old Firm this season. They have spent £5-7m on single transfers this summer. We can't afford Ellis Simms. They sell players for £10-25m. They have access to Champions League money. 

I think we will beat Zurich over 2 legs though. Getting into the Europa League groups stages will be a massive achievement. Hopefully we can also consolidate 3rd and win a cup ...

Okay so let's see what happens. 

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Absolutely choking for us to get pumped in Switzerland type post ....

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Absolutely choking for us to get pumped in Switzerland type post ....

Nope you believe we can win over 2 legs against Zurich let's wait and see. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You'll enjoy yourself more if we get beat. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Doesn't mean we will tho. 

They'll be Zurich fans that think they can beat us. 

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Surely if we just have a go we'll be alright?

LochcarronJambo

Thought we were good when it mattered today, clever performance, had weak moments, but we won 4-1 ffs, happy with that 

Heart of Darkness
23 hours ago, Heart of Darkness said:

Aye give Shankland an early goal or 2 & I would really like Boyce to get a couple and go on a wee scoring run!! 🙏

Wasn't expecting it to be this early 😊    

Fantastic result!! 👏👏👏

The Black Prince
54 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We're getting pumped senseless on Sunday. They're on top form right now. We can't live with the likes of Kyogo and Jota ...

Naah, Hearts have Rowles now. As I told you all when he signed: I've never seen Souttar play, but I don't need to. Rowles is better.

He's just warming up, and recently tore the Peruvian attack a new one. Kyogo and Jota will hold no fear for him, and just maybe we'll see the emergence of a major star at Parkhead. 

34 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

take a night off ffs

11 minutes ago, The Black Prince said:

Naah, Hearts have Rowles now. As I told you all when he signed: I've never seen Souttar play, but I don't need to. Rowles is better.

He's just warming up, and recently tore the Peruvian attack a new one. Kyogo and Jota will hold no fear for him, and just maybe we'll see the emergence of a major star at Parkhead. 

Were you not busy defending the OZ keeper prior to the game today? 

1 hour ago, Clear few said:

Strange tone of answer but ok bud I will never ask kids not to smash bottles in the street or express my opinion to the face of racists bigots or misogynists refrain from their repellent behaviour 🙏

Irrelevant reply.  I was merely pointing out that people leaving isn't your business.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I’m a simple man, but today made me happy.😎 🤷‍♂️

Me too, I was totally wrong about Shankland and I'm chuffed to bits about it.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Irrelevant reply.  I was merely pointing out that people leaving isn't your business.

It is when they stand in front of me while I’m trying to watch the game. 🥸

13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It is when they stand in front of me while I’m trying to watch the game. 🥸

Time to move seats.  Not an issue for me near the back of the Wheatfield.

Can't be many areas bar the exits this  affexts.  Part of the problem is the lack of exits higher up causing big delays after the final whistle.

Edited by frankblack

The Black Prince
30 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Were you not busy defending the OZ keeper prior to the game today? 

Yes, he was the keeper at my local club for the last three years and was absolutely outstanding.

Clearly having some adjustment jitters, but from what I saw of the AZ game he was badly let down by his defence and midfield. Haven't seen the game overnight - just read the match thread - so can't comment on his performance. But however he played, he'll come good for them, unless his defence are so threadbare that he is destroyed by unrelenting pressure.

Happy to see that Hearts won though, and that Rowles and Devlin played well. Rowles is a certainty for the World Cup and Devlin might go as well if he keeps up those performances.  

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

We can't expect him to be bombing up and down the touchline anymore. Think he'll score a couple this season, though, which will be a bit of a brucey bonus

I’d rather have didn’t as his final pass/cross has always been awful, just stick to defending and he’s fine. Any goals he scores or contributes to is a bonus, nutmegging Watt today was a thing of beauty 😆

Watt-Zeefuik

Goodness, a good quarter of the posts on this thread are folks I have on ignore, and another quarter of them are people quoting the folks I have on ignore.

Anyway . . .

7 hours ago, NB GIN said:

Beni is even better 

Beni is better than Devlin but that's not what I mean. I love Cammy's commitment and style. He's not one of our top five best players but he makes the everyone on the team better every time he's on from his energy and his graft. I just love the guy.

3 hours ago, Sertse said:

Probably the most inconsistent player we have. Extremely good striker at Ross County, then to England and still good, when he came to us still pretty good and all of a sudden seemed to take a nosedive. Link up play was incredible though and he went into the number 10 role flawlessly. Now I don't really know. He frustrates the hell out of me. The amount of time I've shouted at him to just hit the bloody ball is ridiculous.

Needs to be challenged for his place in the squad to get the best out of him because it's an extremely important position he's playing in.

No idea what you've been smoking. 

5 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

Agreed. Said the same to my son. Couple of times the noise was right up there. Well done all in attendance.

When the whole stadium was singing 'oh when the Hearts go marchin' in' was incredible.

It's just the best place.

Dick Dastardly
5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’d rather have didn’t as his final pass/cross has always been awful, just stick to defending and he’s fine. Any goals he scores or contributes to is a bonus, nutmegging Watt today was a thing of beauty 😆

How the f#@k did i miss the nutmeg?! 😤😡

11 hours ago, Chong said:

Yaaaaas pleasing day all in all

Never looked a pen from my view and that blotted an almost perfect afternoon.  

Result never in doubt from Shanks goal and I was well happy with Rowles and McKay but Devlin was immense. 

Need to add depth of that there's no doubt but quality wise this side is impressive and the forwards link up play, which will only get better, was a joy at times. Someone is getting a spanking soon......roll on Thursday and whatever that may bring.

Glorious Gorgie 

Bloody cost me £200 as I had a £10 on us to win 4-0. Watched the highlights last night and GMS doesn’t touch him. Utd player swipes fresh air as GMS pokes the ball away from him. Would’ve paid half my flight to zurich too 🤬

Edited by SMJ_1874

See that big huddy - Edwards ?

Is he Hibs ?

Never seen a man so irate every time he plays against us :rofl:

Devlin just totally rattles around in side his head 

pettigrewsstylist
8 hours ago, Seaside Dave said:

Good win. Now 2_1 win at Zurich. Send the reserves to Celtic park. Full team rested for Zurich at home pump them 3 nil into Europa group stage and counting the bank notes 

Wouldnt argue with that tactic. Always Hearts!

6 hours ago, The Black Prince said:

Yes, he was the keeper at my local club for the last three years and was absolutely outstanding.

Clearly having some adjustment jitters, but from what I saw of the AZ game he was badly let down by his defence and midfield. Haven't seen the game overnight - just read the match thread - so can't comment on his performance. But however he played, he'll come good for them, unless his defence are so threadbare that he is destroyed by unrelenting pressure.

Happy to see that Hearts won though, and that Rowles and Devlin played well. Rowles is a certainty for the World Cup and Devlin might go as well if he keeps up those performances.  

He was really poor for our 3rd.

Why he was palming out a soft shot is beyond me. Sideways, not out, if needs be.

He did the same in the first half with a header, palming it straight out into a crowded area.

Fully aware of their last two results, but I don't think Dundee Utd are completely humpty - they will deal with the lesser teams that finished below them last season, like Hibs and Aberdeen.   They were  undone yesterday by sparks of real quality - a couple of years ago that would have been a nil - nil.

6 hours ago, The Black Prince said:

He's just not a very good goalkeeper mate. If he was anything half decent he wouldn't have been kicking around the A League until the age of 31. The mistakes were largely down to him being poor technically.

Lots of positives from the game: 

- Whole defence played well, and Rowles was the most solid I've seen him 

- McKay's strike was outstanding and he's already at two goals this season

- Shankland is a proper number 9 and will score when he gets the ball in the box. Just what we need!

- Ginnelly looked hungry when he came on and took his goal well 

- Devlin was a proper midfield terrier

The only negatives for me were the penalty which shouldn't have been, and Boyce who continues to have little impact. Grant could probably do his number 10 role better. 

8 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

So you are saying that Celtic are we're they are because they spent money, away and don't talk pish, money did it help yes, but Ange has them playing football. 

Something many previous manager's couldn't do, he's changed the culture and mentality of that football club. 

Well…yes 🤷‍♂️

Same reason we won the Championship twice: used our funds to buy better than the opposition.  

What’s different about the mentality at Celtic under the fat Aussie then before? Apart from the fact he isn’t Lennon. Celtic have always played attacking because they have the players to do so. 

Fxxx the SPFL
40 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Bloody cost me £200 as I had a £10 on us to win 4-0. Watched the highlights last night and GMS doesn’t touch him. Utd player swipes fresh air as GMS pokes the ball away from him. Would’ve paid half my flight to zurich too 🤬

The lad that sits next to me had Shankland to score first and 3-1 was due £300 William Hill wouldn’t let him cash out not happy when Ginnelly scored

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, MediumSlim said:

Lots of positives from the game: 

- Whole defence played well, and Rowles was the most solid I've seen him 

- McKay's strike was outstanding and he's already at two goals this season

- Shankland is a proper number 9 and will score when he gets the ball in the box. Just what we need!

- Ginnelly looked hungry when he came on and took his goal well 

- Devlin was a proper midfield terrier

The only negatives for me were the penalty which shouldn't have been, and Boyce who continues to have little impact. Grant could probably do his number 10 role better. 

Possibly Boyce is maybe hacked off at playing second fiddle to Shanky he was definitely not a happy bunny yesterday 

7 hours ago, frankblack said:

Funny how folk leaving early is apparently disgraceful but turning up at the turnstiles late because they are in the pub is completely fine. 

6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Funny how folk leaving early is apparently disgraceful but turning up at the turnstiles late because they are in the pub is completely fine. 

That is the bigger issue.  Perhaps not letting them in until half time would rectify it....

55 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Sympathy.  Enraging when that sort of thing happens.

8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

That is the bigger issue.  Perhaps not letting them in until half time would rectify it....

Treat it like the theatre where you can only take your seat during a break in play?

Or lose a couple of loyalty points if you’re late 😛

Edited by Nookie Bear

kingantti1874

Bongo making the same ludicrous points again I see. 😆 players don’t matter, great management will somehow ensure players with limited ability, touch, pace, fitness, vision and skill will be able to play like Real Madrid.

and is stating that if we fail to beat the swiss champions this will validate his batshit mental views. 

...andFulton'sBaggio
9 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

I thought Devlin had one of his best games.

Smith seems to be getting back to his pre-back injury days. Psyched for him.
Shankland will be a great signing for us.

Not sure anyone today got more than an eight. We’ll get even better as the season moves along. Of that I’m confident.

Yup. It was a great result considering we barely got out of first gear. Shankland's all round play is fantastic and Smith seems to have his mojo back which is great to see. Cochrane was excellent again before he had to go off. Really excited to see how this team will cope with the long journey and different atmosphere and conditions on Thursday night! 

fabienleclerq
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Bongo making the same ludicrous points again I see. 😆 players don’t matter, great management will somehow ensure players with limited ability, touch, pace, fitness, vision and skill will be able to play like Real Madrid.

and is stating that if we fail to beat the swiss champions this will validate his batshit mental views. 

Expecting us to compete with the OF because money doesn't matter,while also expecting us to beat the rest of the league because we have more money...

29 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

The lad that sits next to me had Shankland to score first and 3-1 was due £300 William Hill wouldn’t let him cash out not happy when Ginnelly scored

Now that’s a sore one. I had 3-0 and 4-0 so both lines were goosed. 

16 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Sympathy.  Enraging when that sort of thing happens.

Even more so after watching the highlights 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Expecting us to compete with the OF because money doesn't matter,while also expecting us to beat the rest of the league because we have more money...

Yip,  he never sees the irony in his posts. 

He's not the only one tho. 

We should be beating other teams all the time,  but at the same time if we believe,  have a go and try hard we can best the of. 

Why can't the other teams believe and have a go at us? 

What happens if the OF have a go,  press and also believe? 

He and others who share the view that believing,  pressing and having  go will win us games never answer that either. 

It's a bat shit mental view that ignores all logic and has these major flaws ( even if you ignore more money= better players). 

RustyRightPeg

Thought Grant looked far more comfortable in the #10 once Boyce went off. 

His movement for the third goal for example, played a square pass to McKay from the right side of the field, one pass & shot later he’s tapping it in as our widest player on the left side. Intelligent. 

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I like Bongo as a poster but lately his rants seem to always  be negative and it appears he’s totally against the current management. He says he’s an ex player so I wonder if he’s an ex Hearts player but somewhere along the lines he bears a grudge to certain people within the club, or that’s what it feels like. I wish the old Bongo would appear sometimes. At least he’s not mentioned Daniel Stendal for a good while so that’s a positive. 

There are players and have been players whom I don’t think are good enough for us but I refrain from giving them dogs abuse as it’s well documented what our spend level is. I want better players in, I want us to win trophies and I want us to beat the erse cheeks both home and through there but it just isn’t happening and we need to realise that. Thinking you can take bang average players and turn them into messi or Ronaldo for a few hundred grand is delusional. 

We’re coming off the back of one of our best seasons in a long time and yet people are still not happy with it.

The gulf to the erse cheeks is widening by each window and all we can try and do is live with them and keep it close. No one expects anything this Sunday and I’ll be going along hoping we can keep it respectable. By the law of averages, one day we’ll sneak a win there. We just need to believe we can get something from it and stop giving them far too much respect. 

5 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Thought Grant looked far more comfortable in the #10 once Boyce went off. 

His movement for the third goal for example, played a square pass to McKay from the right side of the field, one pass & shot later he’s tapping it in as our widest player on the left side. Intelligent. 

Pretty much this. I’d be tempted to have Grant in the #10 role with Haring and Devlin the two centre midfielders. Boycie was great against Hibs but totally anonymous yesterday. Was surprised he came back out for the second half.  He deserves to sit for a few weeks until his appetite and sharpness return 

Shamelessly taken from Facebook

image.thumb.png.731f3f0008809fe006f5480c32d2e605.png

Charlie decides to have a laugh at him

Think I would rather be a fat drunk than a fat drunk driver, with bad dress sense.

Screenshot_20220815-082717_Facebook.jpg

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Pretty much this. I’d be tempted to have Grant in the #10 role with Haring and Devlin the two centre midfielders. Boycie was great against Hibs but totally anonymous yesterday. Was surprised he came back out for the second half.  He deserves to sit for a few weeks until his appetite and sharpness return 

That could be Robbie’s hardest decision ahead of Thursday. Do you reward Grant for improving in the 2nd 45 and scoring or so you stick with Boyce as a show of confidence and trust, because it’s evident he trusts him?