• Malinga the Swinga

• Shooter McGavin

• Dawnrazor

• il Duce McTarkin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Malinga the Swinga
12 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

This has already happened, hospitals are woefully understaffed, other services are broken, the entire NHS is a shambles and being held together by the nurses drive to help people in need.

I’d also question how these people are supposed to make ends meet if they give up their medical careers to retrain? Surely they are in a worse position, with no job? And what’s the guarantees of a better job after retraining. 

You’ve got far too a simplistic view on life; get a good job and life’s good. For many there’s plenty hurdles in the way of that for it to happen seamlessly. 

It’s time for a radical shake up in this country, the majority of our services are no longer fit for purpose, our political system is stuck in the past and the well we’re Great Britain attitude is weak. 

I actually don’t disagree with some of your points on this thread, however we need new thinking not the tired old political parties passing the buck to the next incumbent of no.10. 

Well we should start by looking at Health Service. It can't survive as is, so either we go private medical insurance, reinvent NHS or go hybrid. We won't though, as it is sacrosanct and no political party has guts to tackle the issue. We are doomed to go round in a circle of declining service till it finally dies.

As for simplistic view of life, at my age, a simplistic view is the only view I can muster. 

Shooter McGavin
17 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

They've all done it. Sturgeon at one a couple of months ago when she could take action to get rid of them, even if just in Scotland.

They have been around for years and we have had Labour, Conservative, Conservative/Liberal in UK and Labour, SNP and SNP/Green in Scotland yet they do nothing but blame someone else.

I have to confess I have no idea what the answer is.

Yep, politicians visiting foodbanks for a photo-op is something that just will never sit right with me.

And I don’t know what the answer is either, at this point, there’s probably a whole list of things that need to happen.

This country is currently grinding to a halt, and a ridiculous amount of people are struggling to live.

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Well we should start by looking at Health Service. It can't survive as is, so either we go private medical insurance, reinvent NHS or go hybrid. We won't though, as it is sacrosanct and no political party has guts to tackle the issue. We are doomed to go round in a circle of declining service till it finally dies.

As for simplistic view of life, at my age, a simplistic view is the only view I can muster. 

We should, and follow that up with Education, then transport. Incredible amounts of money being wasted.

And please no one tell us the current independence proposal is going to fix it because they appear to want to follow the current template which is clearly failing us badly. If we’re going to start as a new independent country then can we please follow the countries whose services aren’t on their arse.

Shooter McGavin
3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

We should, and follow that up with Education, then transport. Incredible amounts of money being wasted.

And please no one tell us the current independence proposal is going to fix it because they appear to want to follow the current template which is clearly failing us badly. If we’re going to start as a new independent country then can we please follow the countries whose services aren’t on their arse.

I think the NHS is the best asset we’ve got in this country, and I don’t buy the argument that it’s too costly to run and that it should be privatised.

The money to fund the NHS is there, but it doesn’t lead to profit so the current mob aren’t interested.

The current lot in charge would rather spunk the money up the wall, or give it to their mates.

Transport, education etc are things I haven’t done much reading on so I simply cannot comment.

10 hours ago, John Findlay said:

My father at the age of 3 and a half saw his tenement in Clydebank blown up in March 1941. He always joked that his first flit was curtesy of Hitler's removal company.

Joke away about the Falklands. I do.

I'll refrain, John, thanks.
Parents and grandparents were on the other side of the river and survived before they were shipped out to safer climes but people they knew, families, weren't so lucky.

We're having this conversation out of luck. I won't joke about it.

Dennis Denuto
10 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I don't buy the idea that the NHS can't survuve in it's current form, so we are going to disagree right at the start of your point.

Fund it properly by stopping giving Government money to private companies who make huge profits from it.

Malinga the Swinga
58 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

I don't buy the idea that the NHS can't survuve in it's current form, so we are going to disagree right at the start of your point.

Fund it properly by stopping giving Government money to private companies who make huge profits from it.

So you are suggesting we make change then as current model does involve partnership with private companies.

Going back to 100% public health service, with no private involvement will mean re-nationalisation of those cleaning services, catering services, all the ancillary work that goes on, the clerical work and the management of health services. It will also include Doctors practices so all of these people need to buy into this as everyone including receptionists now to be part of NHS.

I presume this also includes car parking at hospitals coming back to Health service and public ownership.

Do we then Give the running of wards back to staff nurses? If so, all we need is to turn colour off, live in black and white, and move back to the 1950's.

What are we going to do with doctors & surgeons who work either in private sector or moonlight in private as well as working in NHS? Do we say that's unaceptable, do we allow it to continue or some other method?

Who runs it? The same people who screwed it up before or a new bunch of inexperienced and untried civil servants.

Do we have a budget or just spend whatever it takes, pay whatever the unions ask, pay for best equipment regardless of cost, close down old hospitals and build new ones?

What does fund it properly mean? Do we spend millions on drugs that extend a life by a month for a handful of people, redevelop a children's ward, revolutionise palliative care, do all of them, two of them or is there a cut off of what 'value for money' is? Who agrees the priority?

This would be the single biggest challenge that any government would ever undertake. If they got it wrong, they would never be forgiven. I don't believe any of the current parties have either the bollocks or knowledge to undertake the task.

15 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

We can barely manage to get 40% of electorate to vote in council elections or 60 to 70% in general election.

The chance of them bothering to get out their chairs to actually do something/anything that requires effort is remote.

Why do think this is. It's no coincidence. Now boundaries are being changed and ID is required to vote. The rich will make sure they stay rich and only mobilisation of the masses will change it. 

It's really depressing when you hear folk opposing this, when if folk back in the day hadn't fought, they'd be in a very different position than they are now. 

People are very easily influenced by the press who run Boris and his band of criminals.

Edited by ri Alban

The laws being brought in to stop the right to protest and the very dangerous Tories are gonnae abolish the ECHR. Then we're all ****ed.

Dennis Denuto
2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

So you are suggesting we make change then as current model does involve partnership with private companies.

Going back to 100% public health service, with no private involvement will mean re-nationalisation of those cleaning services, catering services, all the ancillary work that goes on, the clerical work and the management of health services. It will also include Doctors practices so all of these people need to buy into this as everyone including receptionists now to be part of NHS.

I presume this also includes car parking at hospitals coming back to Health service and public ownership.

Do we then Give the running of wards back to staff nurses? If so, all we need is to turn colour off, live in black and white, and move back to the 1950's.

What are we going to do with doctors & surgeons who work either in private sector or moonlight in private as well as working in NHS? Do we say that's unaceptable, do we allow it to continue or some other method?

Who runs it? The same people who screwed it up before or a new bunch of inexperienced and untried civil servants.

Do we have a budget or just spend whatever it takes, pay whatever the unions ask, pay for best equipment regardless of cost, close down old hospitals and build new ones?

What does fund it properly mean? Do we spend millions on drugs that extend a life by a month for a handful of people, redevelop a children's ward, revolutionise palliative care, do all of them, two of them or is there a cut off of what 'value for money' is? Who agrees the priority?

This would be the single biggest challenge that any government would ever undertake. If they got it wrong, they would never be forgiven. I don't believe any of the current parties have either the bollocks or knowledge to undertake the task.

You have written a large post mentioning a load of stuff that I didn't suggest.

I will offer a couple more ideas for you - not all companies need to be owned by private share holders, it could be State owned private enterprise.  Not all situations in life are better run by corporation/companies where profit is the primary goal.

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

You have written a large post mentioning a load of stuff that I didn't suggest.

I will offer a couple more ideas for you - not all companies need to be owned by private share holders, it could be State owned private enterprise.  Not all situations in life are better run by corporation/companies where profit is the primary goal.

I know you didn't suggest them. I'm saying that these are just a few of the decisions that need to be made. 

I'm not trying to argue. Agree that not all companies need shareholders, but we don't have a great record of successful state owned private enterprise.

I'd even argue that profit should play no part in NHS provisioning. It should just aim for break even with proviso for slight budget increase each year.

Then again, I still think would be a massive job and beyond what we have in government at the moment.

You need someone universally respected, politically neutral, experienced in business (preferably health related) and willing to put their neck on the line.

It would be a hell of an achievement to have on a CV if done successfully.

il Duce McTarkin
18 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

History won't judge us kindly but just vote the ****s out FFS. It should be simple but you can't legislate for all the turkeys in the red wall who keep voting for Christmas and then get bent out of shape when Tories do what tories do. 

Rather than painting your face and calling for armed rebellion put together a persuasive argument for putting a government in place at Westminster who actually give a 4 xxxx about the country. It can't be that difficult. SNP, Labour, every moderate politician and voter n the country should be lining up against them. 

Then once they are out we can have a reasoned debate about the constitution and no bogey man to blame. 

Good post. 

17 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

In the next 30 years most wars will probably be over water. 

The Israeli control of water in the region has always played a role in their expansionist adventures. 

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

The laws being brought in to stop the right to protest and the very dangerous Tories are gonnae abolish the ECHR. Then we're all ****ed.

The introduction of laws which curtail the right to protest and the abolition of the human rights charter are a sound enough reason for civil disorder on their own. 

2 hours ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Good post. 

The Israeli control of water in the region has always played a role in their expansionist adventures. 

The introduction of laws which curtail the right to protest and the abolition of the human rights charter are a sound enough reason for civil disorder on their own. 

True .   

👍I'll need to look into the Israel thingy, you tweaked my interest.

Only because, I think Scotland may have to do a bit of pavement dancing over our water, sometime down the line, if we don't poison it by stupidity, first.

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Only because, I think Scotland may have to do a bit of pavement dancing over our water, sometime down the line.....

Why?

6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Supply and demand of other countries. 

Like where? England?

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

expansionist adventures. 

your being too kind with that language. 

il Duce McTarkin
11 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

your being too kind with that language. 

I'm always kind with my language. 

Are you not that guy that doesn't like the jews very much? I'm sure we've had a discussion around it before. 

I apologise if I've got the wrong person.

Edited by Dirk McClaymore

JudyJudyJudy

😀o

4 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

I'm always kind with my language. 

Are you not that guy that doesn't like the jews very much? I'm sure we've had a discussion around it before. 

I apologise if I've got the wrong person.

oh dear are u no the guy who cant abide the Orish and the cafflicks ? Or have i got the wrong person ? 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

il Duce McTarkin
8 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

😀o

oh dear are u no the guy who cant abide the Orish and the cafflicks ? Or have i got the wrong person ? 

Yeh, that's me. I'm not keen on the St Patrick's day nonsense (probably the best marketing campaingn by a drinks company ever), so I hate Catholics, but especially Irish ones. I'm not keen on brown folk either, or Slavs. I do like homosexuals, though if only there was an openly gay poster on here that I could flirt with. 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Yeh, that's me. I'm not keen on the St Patrick's day nonsense (probably the best marketing campaingn by a drinks company ever), so I hate Catholics, but especially Irish ones. I'm not keen on brown folk either, or Slavs. I do like homosexuals, though if only there was an openly gay poster on here that I could flirt with. 

There are plenty sites for you to " flirt" with " Homosexuals", im sure they will might  love a macho,  Neanderthal " butch" footie " lad".  I know i do. But not you, Not you.   And I'm not " openly" gay. I've never been in any closet to come out of it.  Probably best to continue your " flirting " elsewhere. You never know whos who  or what on this. Good luck 

il Duce McTarkin
8 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

There are plenty sites for you to " flirt" with " Homosexuals", im sure they will might  love a macho,  Neanderthal " butch" footie " lad".  I know i do. But not you, Not you.   And I'm not " openly" gay. I've never been in any closet to come out of it.  Probably best to continue your " flirting " elsewhere. You never know whos who  or what on this. Good luck 

Your post:

AfraidSmugAmazontreeboa-max-1mb.gif

My reaction:

FlickeringBoldKittiwake-size_restricted.

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Dirk McClaymore said:

Your post:

AfraidSmugAmazontreeboa-max-1mb.gif

My reaction:

FlickeringBoldKittiwake-size_restricted.

You do know that most gay men don't have handbags?  Tres homophobic again. Your not doing very well arent u.?  Maybe get yourself out at the weekend , its Pride weekend in Edinburgh. Shake yer thang. 

il Duce McTarkin
13 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

You do know that most gay men don't have handbags?  Tres homophobic again. Your not doing very well arent u.?  Maybe get yourself out at the weekend , its Pride weekend in Edinburgh. Shake yer thang. 

I didn't imply that any gay men have handbags, you inferred it, because you're paranoid, obsessed, and love the attention that you think being faux offended brings you. 

If you require further psychological deconstruction let me know. 

JudyJudyJudy
29 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

I didn't imply that any gay men have handbags, you inferred it, because you're paranoid, obsessed, and love the attention that you think being faux offended brings you. 

If you require further psychological deconstruction let me know. 

Yes please tell me more about me , it’s my favourite subject 

Jeffros Furios

I do find slavic women to be an  incredible species. 

il Duce McTarkin
40 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes please tell me more about me , it’s my favourite subject 

How very Wildean. 

It's obvious that that's how you see yourself. 

Your posting style resembles the painting in Dorian Grey's attic, however. 

il Duce McTarkin
29 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

I do find slavic women to be an  incredible species. 

Could you eat a whole one in a single sitting, though? 

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

How very Wildean. 

It's obvious that that's how you see yourself. 

Your posting style resembles the painting in Dorian Grey's attic, however. 

Well as he said “ to love oneself is the beginning of a life long love affair “ 

I’ll take on board your critique of my posting style ! And promptly ignore it . 

JudyJudyJudy

Well said , by One of Edinburgh’s finest citizens . 

E70DA10E-1AC7-4926-8B0A-2E4F1CB6D495.jpeg

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Geoff Kilpatrick
11 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Worked out well for him. 

It actually did from a revolution perspective. Dying was a good career move. Not so much from the socialist perspective.

i wish jj was my dad

James Connolly FFS. Can't we just vote the ****ers out rather than starting a civil war that could last for generations? 

John Findlay
5 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Well said , by One of Edinburgh’s finest citizens . 

E70DA10E-1AC7-4926-8B0A-2E4F1CB6D495.jpeg

Pity he didn't know how to organise one well.