who's captain if berra goes?

sinbad

I would have gave it to Neilson anyway just because he's older and knows what the club is all about

John Findlay

If the captain is to be a Scot/Brit then I have a hunch that Michael Stewart will become captain.

If not a Scot/Brit then I have a hunch it maybe Larry Kings(t)on.

John

Chad Sexington

There is a stark lack of leaders on the pitch at Tynie.

After Berra, and I'm not sure even he is captain material, there is barely anyone that springs to mind.

Csaba should make it a priority to bring in some big personalities.

I think giving it to Larry might a plan. I reckon he'd relish the role & we'd see an improvement in his performances. Plus i think the other players respect him.

Seymour M Hersh
Neilson would get it.

The armband. Not 'it'.

I hope he gets nowhere near the first team. And I think even if Berra stays (won't bother me if he goes either) he should lose the captaincy.

As for who should be captain, tough one imo. No obvious leader tbh. Maybe Steve Banks.

Malcolm Tucker

Shortlist of 3.

Neilson

Stewart

Jonsson

Jonsson captained a pre-season game last season which had both Banks and Neilson in it.

For me it has to be Robbie. He is the most senior player there gives 100% commitment and(I think) the other players respect him. Michael Stewart would be my second choice but tends to be to hot headed at times for his own good.

Commander Harris
Neilson would get it.

The armband. Not 'it'.

:laugh:

you know you would! :P

There is a stark lack of leaders on the pitch at Tynie.

After Berra, and I'm not sure even he is captain material, there is barely anyone that springs to mind.

Csaba should make it a priority to bring in some big personalities.

We need players who can mix it physically with the strongest players in the league. A Schmeichal in goal, a Vidic in defence, a Brellier in midfield and a Jankauskas up front. Players with power and aggression.

So many lightweights and meek players in the current squad.

micky stewart for me:)

last season I thought so then afet the Dundee United fiasco no way m8 lost all faith in him after that

last season I thought so then afet the Dundee United fiasco no way m8 lost all faith in him after that

correct!

i remember going up to dundee united that day and was talking with my old man about the captaincy, and how it should be stewart, the old man disagreed. then with the whole shouting at fans, fighting with team players (especially his captain - even though berra was in the wong) i turned to him and said "that'll be why you disagreed"

stewart has been a tosser in my eyes everytime i have seen him since that game! dont want him around tynie anymore! he has been cack apart from 8 months at hibs:

man utd (didnt cut it)

nottm forest (fighting with players - decked by david johnson)

rangers (didn want him)

hearts 1 (bad attitude)

hibs (alright)

hearts 2 (promising first 6 games, bad ever since)

Only a Game
I hope he gets nowhere near the first team. And I think even if Berra stays (won't bother me if he goes either) he should lose the captaincy.

As for who should be captain, tough one imo. No obvious leader tbh. Maybe Steve Banks.

Its a tough one.

Whats the effect on squad morale likely to be if Csaba'a first action is to take the captaincy away from Berra, a popular player by all accounts, and replace him with either Banks, Stewart, Kingston or Neilson or even worse, a player brand new to the club ?

Personally I think Berra's been guilty of whoring himself for a move (through Gary Mackay) and that in itself suggests strongly to me he's not suitable to be the captain ,despite what he's been saying the papers about giving 100% blah blah blah, the guy has until now, wanted out.

Its one of the key decisions that Csaba will have to take in the next two weeks and he'll have to get it right. The easiset way out is to continue with Berra

Neilson would get it.

The armband. Not 'it'.

Pretty sure Neilson would love it.

The armband i mean ;)

Give Banks or Neilson the armband I say.

Problem with that is neither should be i the first 11 next season IMO. I think we need to sign a captain, Anderson would be my choice.

chester copperpot

I have a feeling our next captain will either be Robbie, or someone who is not even at the club yet. ;)

correct!

i remember going up to dundee united that day and was talking with my old man about the captaincy, and how it should be stewart, the old man disagreed. then with the whole shouting at fans, fighting with team players (especially his captain - even though berra was in the wong) i turned to him and said "that'll be why you disagreed"

stewart has been a tosser in my eyes everytime i have seen him since that game! dont want him around tynie anymore! he has been cack apart from 8 months at hibs:

man utd (didnt cut it)

nottm forest (fighting with players - decked by david johnson)

rangers (didn want him)

hearts 1 (bad attitude)

hibs (alright)

hearts 2 (promising first 6 games, bad ever since)

I think the captaincy could be the responsibility he needs to get him to knuckle down a bit and lead by example. He's certainly a hard working player, lifelong Jambo (apart from a slight one-year blip :rolleyes:) and could potentially be a great player if he gets his attitude right.

Archived