morning/game/after the big cup semi

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

just wondering what people remember of their morning ,at the game and after the big cup semi.My morning was one of nerves, drinking to calm my nerves , doing my bit in the house with the kids, more drink, could not eat anything for breakfast, rushing out to meet up with mates . then boozer, more drink, nerve attacks again and then the drive through , songs belting oot the car window, Hearts song on the car stereo blasting out , 2 finger up to the ODD;) hobo car or horse and cart , more drink and finally some grub, into the ground , more singing and the "oh the hibees are gay" song sends shivers down my back, kick off, nerves not so bad due to the booze , 1-0 bedlam ,jumping about like a lunatic, half time , sneaking about looking for somewhere to have a fag;), 2-0 Heartlys free kick . more jumping about , 3-0 , fecking magic feeling , everybody around me hugging and dancing, then PENALTY, goal; 4-0 , in heaven , singing like i have never sung before , totally brilliant feeling, on top of the world and laughing at the remaining hobos , finale whistle ,bedlam , more drink, back to pub, SOME more booze and then fell in to my house at 1.30am.:107years:

Got to the wrong carpark at 9am.... full of cabbage fans, got out the car hoping we would have no bother, their wasnt apart from a mate who was a cabbage fan coming over and placing a confident ?50 bet.. shok hands then went off to drink my vodka and lemonade....

got hammered and loved every minute of the game.

Returned to the car park after the game and it was empty except another 4 or 5 cars belonging to hearts fans!

Bliss.

Picked up my ?50 the following day.

Funily enough my dad had ?100 on 3-0 - he must have been the only jambo screeming for it not to be a pen, he got over that pretty quickly.

Stayed overnight at a hotel in the centre of Glasgow. Headed to the bar early on the Sunday morning to find it populated by a significant number of sellik fhans who had made travel arrangements before their game was postponed.

Got the pints up, at which point one of our chaps stood up and said "Gentlemen, I give you a toast....raise your glasses to the Parachute Regiment". :) I'm sure ra sellik fans weren't too bothered as they didn't say anything. :P

After that I don't remember much as we were completely melted. :dribble::dribble::dribble:

Guest S.U.S.S.
Stayed overnight at a hotel in the centre of Glasgow. Headed to the bar early on the Sunday morning to find it populated by a significant number of sellik fhans who had made travel arrangements before their game was postponed.

Got the pints up, at which point one of our chaps stood up and said "Gentlemen, I give you a toast....raise your glasses to the Parachute Regiment". :) I'm sure ra sellik fans weren't too bothered as they didn't say anything. :P

After that I don't remember much as we were completely melted. :dribble::dribble::dribble:

:eek::):):)

gorgie rd eh11

Very nervous/ Very happy/ Very drunk.

The walk from hampden back to the bus, with my old man and my mates, was my favourite part of the day. Nobody spoke much, but walking with so many very, very happy people is what sticks in my mind.

Very nervous.

Visited Roald Jensen's statue the day before and, on the day, was receiving text updates from a mate whilst ski-ing in Voss.

Do remember going erse over tea-kettle when the phone shoogled with the second goal and I couldn't wait to see who'd scored - us or them.

So nae booze, but many smiles fae me.

loveofthegame

Woke up in the weej, still drunk, so just topped up again.

Taxi to the ground. Looked for seat and discovered i was the last seat before the split and the HOBO fans (i swear for this reason alone this game will be hard to ever beat, best seat in the house)

Two mins in burly weejie policeman tells me and the old boy to come down or we're out, for doing nothing other than have some harmless banter with the unwashed to our left.

Watched the greatest game I've ever been too(excluding the cup finals).

Hopped on the supporters bus home.

Robbos.

Papa Johns Pizza, had completely lost my voice so ordered in drunken sign language.

Bed.

Buffalo Bill

Quite simply, it was one of the top five greatest days of my entire life.

Buffalo Bill

Guest S.U.S.S.
Woke up in the weej, still drunk, so just topped up again.

Taxi to the ground. Looked for seat and discovered i was the last seat before the split and the HOBO fans (i swear for this reason alone this game will be hard to ever beat, best seat in the house)

Two mins in burly weejie policeman tells me and the old boy to come down or we're out, for doing nothing other than have some harmless banter with the unwashed to our left.

Watched the greatest game I've ever been too(excluding the cup finals).

Hopped on the supporters bus home.

Robbos.

Papa Johns Pizza, had completely lost my voice so ordered in drunken sign language.

Bed.

Robbos was rather lively!:)

My favourite part of the day was actually getting on a plane at Glasgow Airport, flying back to Birmingham, with my scarf still round my neck. There were a number of hobos in the airport as well which was great. The Air Stewardess asked me what the score was when i got on the plane. When i told her 4-0 to Hearts her face fell, she didnt have to tell me she was a Hibs fan, i could tell by her face. She didnt talk to me again on the flight. I gave her a big cheesy grin as i got off the plane just to rub it in.

woke up more excited than a really excited thing. got dressed while blasting out all the hearts songs on my pc before being picked up to be taken along to tynie to get one of the buses.

the bus stopped off at one of the weegie hotels for a champagne breakfast where gary mackay was giving us the banter and the TVs & screens in the dining room showing old derbies.

nipped outside for a cheeky ciggie where i met jennyjambo for the first time, turns out we were on the same bus.

we all pile back into the buses and head for hampden and the buses take a wrong route thanks to the weegie polis directing us arong the wrong road.

cue about 6 supporters buses all trying to U-turn in the middle of a busy road.

we park about 5 miles from the stadium and run to the stadium, where there were no programmes left :mad:

we get seated and then the fun kicks off. republica - ready to go followed by the white stripes, and we all know what happened next!!!!!!

The Rainbow HSC buses left very early but the much-anticipated traffic jams just didn't happen ... so we arrived in Mount Florida a good few hours before the game. As soon as we got off the bus I just knew we could win, because the atmosphere amongst the Hearts fans on the streets was absolutely cracking ... then in to Hampdump and our end was jumping, laughing at the big gaps as the Hibs end, wetting ourselves when we realised that they weren't due to traffic hold-ups, the Hobo rabble simply had sold so few tickets ....

As for the game, I can't remember laughing so much in my life before or ever since. Wonderful. Key moment for me: Hartley's free kick! Burned in my memory for ever.

Happy day - more please!

F.T.H.!!

beer and breakfast in the orwell

bus through

felt conifdent after hearing mowbrarys defeatest interview before a ball was kicked

laughed when i saw that the hibs support came dressed as seats

partied back to the bus

laughed at hibs fans who'd broken down on the m8

watched a re-run of the game at the orwell on the big screen

kebab

kings bar to enjoy the bottle of champagne that was to be bought by the losing side

Best Derby ever

Stayed in glasgow, up early doors the sunday, steaming.

My mate gave me a lift hame, taunted every hibs bus on the M8

Back to the pans to dish out more slagging to hobos.

Magic stuff

Ps dont tell the hobos about this game, they try to blank it from there memories.

Only 7-0 and 6-2 happend.

Spitonastranger

do you ever get bored of telling this inane story:confused:

Woke up in the Holiday Inn just round from Central Station in the weege with a large hangover.

Was greeted by the visit of a regular poster on here plus her friends, one of whom was a chiropractor (unfortunately she declined to practice on a weekend :( ) Taxi to the game, lift home to Edinburgh, copious drinks at the Sample Rooms and then the Orwell before retiring to a friends house to watch the game again, again, again!

Came to in the morning with a can of lager still in hand and on said friends couch. Hangover was horrific.

Happy days. :)

Nucky Thompson

Went with the hospitality buses from Tynie. Taken through to a champagne breakfast in a weegie hotel, Gary Mackay was the host on the stage. What I remember, was on the way to Hampden I only spotted about 2 hobos, I thought that was a bit strange, that was untill I entered the stadium:107years: At night we had a drunken party in the Roseburn bar, dancing on top of the bar etc.

Boab Mugabe

Brilliant day. I will never forget the bus along the M8 back and 'consoling' the hapless straggling Leefurs. :)

Whole weekend was superb

Sat - Played football with the lads, then on the bevvy, pulled a bird from Niddrie in the Cav (guess the rest)

Sun - Home early(nae sleep) quick shower, through to the weedge, on the bevvy, game, back on the bevvy, journey home, Black Bull in Dalkeith which was manic (not one for the PC brigade that night)

Mon - Big smiles, bit tired and a burning sensation when I peed:eek:

As JLC would say. GOOD TIMES!!!!

bigis semiauskas

It was quite simply, a perfect day!

The biggest Derby of all time and we give them a humpin

and gave me inspiration for my name.

VITM.

Was with Therapist and a few others the night before in Glasgow.We went to a curry house which had karaoke on, a sort of curry-oke if you like!! Anyway they had a bit of comical dressing up as 70's pop groups with foam guitars and tambourines etc. it was absolute quality, certainly dispensed with whatever nerves were kicking about, so we bought around half a dozen tambourines at a quid each for the trek back to the hotel and to bring along to the game. Woke up next day and for the first time since the draw knew it was our day. Went to The Haymarket the next day to watch it all over again and proceeded to get well pished all over again. Tambourine lasted for a few weeks too!!:107years:

Prince Buaben
Whole weekend was superb

Sat - Played football with the lads, then on the bevvy, pulled a bird from Niddrie in the Cav (guess the rest)

Sun - Home early(nae sleep) quick shower, through to the weedge, on the bevvy, game, back on the bevvy, journey home, Black Bull in Dalkeith which was manic (not one for the PC brigade that night)

Mon - Big smiles, bit tired and a burning sensation when I peed:eek:

As JLC would say. GOOD TIMES!!!!

I ended up there that night too although cant rememeber leaving and if i am not much mistaken there was one lassie in there with a hibs flag!

chester copperpot

Stayed in the central hotel near central station the night before. Stayed up drinking with 5 mates until near 6 in the morning, where we decided it would be a good idea to get a kip before getting up and starting again.

Got woken up @ 8am, to start drinking my carry out, which consisted of 1litre of vodka, and I joined my mate drinking his Morgans spice until the taxi came to get us at 11.30am. I was blootered before I got in, had to pretend I was sober just to get in.

Game was a bit of a blur, except the fact that I met a few pals inside the stadium, gave them a cuddle for luck, headed down to the seats and sang my heart out until the final whistle.

Not got much of a recollection of memories, but remember when Sproule stamped on Miko, I was pictured in the paper screaming at the hibs fans rather than shout at Sproule.

Walked back to George square for a few pints before getting picked up by Mrs Copperpot and heading home.

An unbelievable day, one that will live with me for the rest of my life, even though I was buckled.

Remember drinking Grolschlager (SP) the night before in the hotel bar at about 2am, remember someone abusing Hobo's/Cellick fans (cant remember) and us all getting a bit rowdy because they took offence to our hearts songs. A magical weekend for me.

The Old Tolbooth

I remember the night before and not being able to sleep properly, tossing and turning with worry!

We were getting picked up in Galashiels at 8am (give or take an hour cos the guy picking us up is always late, but he better not be tomorrow!!!) with a massive carry out in the back of his 7 seater Galaxy. We headed to Glasgow avoiding the motorway as we thought it would be heaving with traffic heading to the weej (but as it turns out it was only busy with maroon traffic) and headed through by Hamilton and in the back entrance (sound like a hobo there).

The nerves were shot to pieces from the moment I tried to sleep the night before, to at least until the 3rd goal went in! I remember not being able to stomach breakfast that morning (which for a fat bassa, is some admission!) as I was sooooooo nervous!!

I remember walking to Hampden after parking up in the weej, and wondering where all the hobo's were as we expected to see a 50/50 split (we should have known really) and it was only the noise of the Hearts fans we could hear as we got closer to the stadium.

The match itself remains a blur, and seemed to be over very very quickly, but the one lasting memory I have is the "oh the hibees are gay" song was born right next to us, and boy did we milk it!!! The muppets hated it, although I can honestly say that I didn't hear that pathetic little lot singing at any point during the entire match.

The night was also a blur but I remember the Busy Bee closing early because of bitter hobo's threatening to cause bother, and we ended up sleeping at Lindas sisters house after buying another huge carry out, what a fekkin day!

Linda also got a headline in the EEN in the fans column the next day (which was my idea btw) in big bold letters right across the top of the fans comments section saying

"The best footballing day of my life"

It was just bloody marvelous! :D

The Old Tolbooth
Stayed in the central hotel near central station the night before. Stayed up drinking with 5 mates until near 6 in the morning, where we decided it would be a good idea to get a kip before getting up and starting again.

Got woken up @ 8am, to start drinking my carry out, which consisted of 1litre of vodka, and I joined my mate drinking his Morgans spice until the taxi came to get us at 11.30am. I was blootered before I got in, had to pretend I was sober just to get in.

Game was a bit of a blur, except the fact that I met a few pals inside the stadium, gave them a cuddle for luck, headed down to the seats and sang my heart out until the final whistle.

Not got much of a recollection of memories, but remember when Sproule stamped on Miko, I was pictured in the paper screaming at the hibs fans rather than shout at Sproule.

Walked back to George square for a few pints before getting picked up by Mrs Copperpot and heading home.

An unbelievable day, one that will live with me for the rest of my life, even though I was buckled.

Remember drinking Grolschlager (SP) the night before in the hotel bar at about 2am, remember someone abusing Hobo's/Cellick fans (cant remember) and us all getting a bit rowdy because they took offence to our hearts songs. A magical weekend for me.

You must have been wrecked mate, they were all back in their caravans by then :D

Was with Therapist and a few others the night before in Glasgow.We went to a curry house which had karaoke on, a sort of curry-oke if you like!! Anyway they had a bit of comical dressing up as 70's pop groups with foam guitars and tambourines etc. it was absolute quality, certainly dispensed with whatever nerves were kicking about, so we bought around half a dozen tambourines at a quid each for the trek back to the hotel and to bring along to the game.

That was a top night. Ashoka the place was called IIRC. :P

chester copperpot
That was a top night. Ashoka the place was called IIRC. :P

There's an Ashoka in Kirkintulloch. Quality indian restaurant. Was it the city centre you were in. If so, the place was probably called Kama Sutra, which is part of the Ashoka chain.

Chris Evans

Was a belter of a day. Got train up from Yorkshire on the Saturday. Got to my old mans in Dunfermline and went out for a few to calm the nerves. Up early doors on the Sunday.Raided my mums drink cupboard and mixed a bottle of voddy with some cola for the journey west. Mum took us to Queensferry for the meet to get on the bus and i procceeded to forget the voddy and leave in the car as my mum made her journey back to Fife!AAAARRRGGGHHH

Not to worry. Bus to the weege was bouncing and as many have said,got to the ground early and seen the team bus manovering through a sea of maroon to get to Hampden.

Was in the ground over a hour before kick off and it was jumping.(our end). To be honest the game was(and is) a bit of a blur. All i know is that we were all on cloud 9. The journey back was fairly quiet. It was strange. Think it was due to early start,relief and contentment.

But once back in the Ferry and after a pint,reality hit home. Friendships were pushed aside. Mate or no mate. The Hobos got it tight that night.

Taxi back to Dunfermline. Had a pint with the old man in the Lizzie,put him in a taxi home and pulled a bird.

Carlsberg dont make Big Semi days out,but......................

:):):)

:107years:

We won that game as soon as seven nation army came on. As soon as the crowd got going, all nerves were gone.

In Nottingham, ringing round pubs to find out if anyone was showing it. There was an Irish pub and an australian theme bar. I went to the aussie bar.

The game was on a small TV above the bar with the sound turned down, but that did not matter. I sat alone drinking guinness, eyes fixed on the telly. After a short period of time it became clear that the guy at the table next to me was a hibbie (he left after the 3rd goal). There were two australians on the other side of me who were flabbergasted by Hartleys free kick goal.

After the game I walked around Nottingham quite pished twirrling my scarf and singing, I then went home, logged onto JNET and continued singing and laughing.

A fine day.

Imeantasong

For somebody who's first recollections of derbys were defeats or 0-0 draws, then onto the young man days through 17-in-a-row, then slightly less young 22-in-a-row, I was a nervous wreck like I'd not been for many years.

See, we had won the only previous real big one. The cup Final in the 19th century, and we had a record to protect. Winning when it really mattered.

This was also the first biggie against them at Hampden too. History beckoning. We just had to win it.

We were out of the championship race, and struggling to hold onto 2md. They could actually have won something (well, surely not the SC Final), and we could have been left with a UEFA Cup slot.

They can mention the one-off big score all they want, but I've many more great derby days than they ever have.

They had sold O'Connor, we both had a couple of big players suspended too.

We had been struggling a bit, and they we still the best team since Brazil 1970.

Stomach churning (with nerves) I made my way across Glasgow to our end. Hearts fans everywhere.

Was superb to see how many more fans we had. That should be enough to shut them up regarding comparable size (until they thought up their excuses anyway).

Then the main news, and I must admit I felt it was crucial, Broonaldo was out injured.

Now add to that Zibi, and we were becoming certainties.

They started ok but had nowt up front. The man who was going to run riot on the big park (Sproule) came up against big Jose and didn't have anything else once his pace was countered. Well, apart from thuggery.

Then we scored what I thought was a cracker. A Great move involving our big players. Match-winners.

The second set me alight as I was getting sure, but bad discipline and Zibi then made it better by giving us plenty time to celebrate actually during a big game (we usually do things the hard way and hang on).

Massive game, massive result, massive relief. Absolutely brilliant day as it unfolded.

And the aftermath still lives with me.

Need to watch the DVD again soon.

Remember getting a lift from scottie and tommy ( the colonel)

and chauffeur driven through,

ended up in wrong car park

eating cold bacon sandwiches and drinking

being the most nervous ive ever been

any body who knows me will know i put on silly bets in the wullie bauld

ie. scorer and score

scott and tommy got me and marc my son tickets into one of the corporate affairs,

stuck a fiver i think on hartley to score first and 4-0 for a laugh,

my son was worried when the match started as im always very vocal,

so nervous i nearly **** myself, but sat there silent,

we were high up inthe stands and too my rioght were about 3-4 polis then hobos ,

never got involved with the banter just in case they b*stards won.

once the third went in ,started giving abuse to the hobs fans and was asked too calm doon or id be chucked oot,

went mental when the fourth went in and hugged ma son for ages

even better after the game when i realiased ma coupon had come up as i said eralier i think i put a fiver on, but i won 400 ya beauty.

went back in the car stopped outside a haddows and in brilliant style bought 2 bottles of buckie and beer , ye cannae hide class eh

Medhi who was with us asked for my scarf to hang out the window which i told him too watch as id had for years ,one minute later gone!!!!!

who cares,

then a hobo mini b us pased us and threw a bottle at our car and hit the side, phone the poils and the caught the b""tards shortly after that,

ended up at the ardmillan and got blootered

then went hame and had a chinese

one of the best days of my life

winston churchill

had the saturday night session with a few other KBers in glesga.

we stayed in some hotel on the great western road.

there was also a few hobos in our hotel,they all seemed to be fat and toothless.

we had a few beers and a good laugh with them, when we got back to the hotel about 3ish.

This is the one we were in.

http://www.thebestashoka.com/

Excellent choice Therapist, also about a 30 second walk from my flat. Decent food but karaoke is best avoided.

I remember walking all the way back from Hampden to the west end after the game. Took about an hour but the sense of happiness was unreal. I also remember crossing at Charing X junction and there was a Hearts bus caught up in traffic and it was absolutely rocking. The suspension on the thing must have been working overtime because it was bouncing about like crazy with the driver looking a little concerned. Someone on the bus spotted my scarf and I did this daft little moonwalk / dance thing across the junction inbetween the bus and other cars and the folk on the bus went crazy.

Was a funny moment.

Decent food but karaoke is best avoided.

Cosa, it will probably come as no surprise that we thought the karaoke was magnificent. :booze::booze::booze:

Cosa, it will probably come as no surprise that we thought the karaoke was magnificent. :booze::booze::booze:

Not my thing exactly.

Watching overweight, 40 something, orange skinned Glaswegian women murdering Jolene by Dolly Parton would certainly put me off my chicken chaat.

Glad you had a good time in Glasgow though. This end of the city is a great place to live and party. :)

Drylaw Hearts

Did you sing a Tina Turner song per chance ?

;)

Did you sing a Tina Turner song per chance ?

;)

No mate. "Private Dancer" doesn't quite do it for me. :)

Excellent choice Therapist, also about a 30 second walk from my flat.

You should have said. Me and the lads could have come up for a bevvy and a sing song. :)

You should have said. Me and the lads could have come up for a bevvy and a sing song. :)

Always next time.

I'll get some bucky, TL and techno lined up especially.

Always next time.

I'll get some bucky, TL and techno lined up especially.

Sorted. Always thought you seemed like a decent chap. ;)

Unwell with nerves.

Couldn't eat the free bacon rolls.

Didn't think anything was worth all this hassle just prior to getting to Hampden.

Then............outnumbered, outsang, outplayed.

Very happy, happy days.

Archived