Breakfast in Glasgow

Ked

If you want a breakfast at Counting House in George Square you would be wise to get there for about 9am!  Once the train loads start filling the bar the food orders get a bit chaotic.  

crunchy frog
40 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

If you want a breakfast at Counting House in George Square you would be wise to get there for about 9am!  Once the train loads start filling the bar the food orders get a bit chaotic.  

I'm trying to steer my mob away from that place. Went there before 2012 semi it was organised chaos

Ayrjamtart

I’d pass on that counting house was in before recent Celtic game breakfast was disgusting didn’t eat it was that bad only decent thing was the pint probably know the food is crap but u have to buy it if u want a pint before 11

Counting house is witherspoon I think?

So wouldn't go there anyway.

Not drinking too early either as you just end up a mess.

Cote in the city centre is nice. It’s posher than a spoons but they do lovely breakfasts. 

There’s the merchant pub too in the city centre. Also two spoons near central, Crystal Palace and one called John something I think. 

If you’re wanting to be close to Hampden, there’s plenty of places in Shawlands and Battlefield. 

1 hour ago, TexasAndy said:

If you want a breakfast at Counting House in George Square you would be wise to get there for about 9am!  Once the train loads sttart filling the bar the food orders get a bit chaotic.  

Usually go there when in Glasgow. 

Couldn't believe when we went in before the 2019 final managed to get a table and a meal no problem. 

Good mix of fans as many Jambos as Celtic. 

Wouldn't have went near the place if Sevco had won the cup the other night. The centre of Glasgow on Saturday and George Sq in particular would have been taken over by celebrating Huns. 

Might be OK tomorrow now fingers 🤞 

15 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

Cote in the city centre is nice. It’s posher than a spoons but they do lovely breakfasts. 

There’s the merchant pub too in the city centre. Also two spoons near central, Crystal Palace and one called John something I think. 

If you’re wanting to be close to Hampden, there’s plenty of places in Shawlands and Battlefield. 

Battlefield is at the Rangers end. 

Not a good idea. 

1 hour ago, Ked said:

Recommendations please.

There’s a few in shawlands which are good mate:

Cafe Strangebrew

Bramble

Oscars

Brooklyn Cafe

Kilmurry & Co

29 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

Last couple of times we were at the Crystal Palace they weren't selling drink until 11am...just incase anyone is going there (unless things have changed). 

Slight hijack so apologies... Heading to Tynecastle for the hospitality package. Arrive Haymarket around 9 ? Any recommendations for a bacon roll and possibly a beer (not essential but preferred). Pretty sure I managed this one season at the Clock Cafe on Dalry Rd prior to an early KO a couple years back. 

34 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

Slight hijack so apologies... Heading to Tynecastle for the hospitality package. Arrive Haymarket around 9 ? Any recommendations for a bacon roll and possibly a beer (not essential but preferred). Pretty sure I managed this one season at the Clock Cafe on Dalry Rd prior to an early KO a couple years back. 

Platform 5 across from the station ? 

26 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Platform 5 across from the station ? 

Cheers - defo will be if no chance of a swift beer elsewhere as they don't serve until 11.

4 hours ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Cafe Strangebrew

Bramble

Oscars

Brooklyn Cafe

Kilmurry & Co

Thanks buddy.

I was more hoping city centre once off the train.

4 hours ago, Goodfella said:

That Cole sounds a good shout .

Cheers.

Will Google it.

5 hours ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Cafe Strangebrew

Bramble

Oscars

Brooklyn Cafe

Kilmurry & Co

Shawlands might be quiet enough to not be a huntrap, but it is at the wrong end of the stadium for us tomorrow so you'd have to battle through them to get to Hampden.

5 hours ago, Goodfella said:

I've actually been to Cote before I've realised after visiting their website.

The breakfast menu looks good.

The meal before was lovely.

Nice one

3 hours ago, Beave1874 said:

Stratties opens at 6:00 am on a Saturday. Perfect for a beer and grab a roll from Greigs across the road.

9 minutes ago, jager man said:

Stratties opens at 6:00 am on a Saturday. Perfect for a beer and grab a roll from Greigs across the road.

Perfect. Appreciate that. 

22 minutes ago, jager man said:

Greggs isn't open for some reason.

Seymour M Hersh
8 hours ago, Ked said:

Recommendations please.

Just don't copy what the locals do by raking in the buckets for something to eat. 

john thomas
57 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Just don't copy what the locals do by raking in the buckets for something to eat. 

Midgieraking as it's known in the west 

Oooooh the banter !

8 hours ago, Goodfella said:

The John Moore- right beside Central Stn. I saw Jambos in there prior to the semi. 

Montgomery Brewster
5 hours ago, Beave1874 said:

Cheers - defo will be if no chance of a swift beer elsewhere as they don't serve until 11.

P5 serves drink from either 9am or 10am. I can’t remember which but it deffo usually serves before 11am. Dickens also open at. 9am for bevvy usually 

3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Booked up table for 4 old chap.

Nice French restaurant.

S

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
11 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Usual breakfast in the weej:

Tennents - Super 24x 500ml Cans Beer, Wine & Spirits Grocery Store

That's actually super popular in Italy and is viewed as a premium lager in the South haha! 

Just now, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

That's actually super popular in Italy and is viewed as a premium lager in the South haha! 

Nah that's just what tennents is marketed in Italy. It's not actually the same. 

Seymour M Hersh
29 minutes ago, Ked said:

Booked up table for 4 old chap.

Nice French restaurant.

S

Sounds terrific. Enjoy. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
5 minutes ago, jager man said:

Nah that's just what tennents is marketed in Italy. It's not actually the same. 

Tennents super is wildly popular in napoli pal. I used to live there and it is the same. Its on draft and in bottles and is 9%.

Edited by Rudi5kaceldream1ng
5-1

8 hours ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Tennents super is wildly popular in napoli pal. I used to live there and it is the same. Its on draft and in bottles and is 9%.

Was in Rome a few years back and could not believe the love for Super over there. Went to supermarkets and had their own branded fridges. 

ArcticJambo
9 hours ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Yup, all the cool kids in the Piazza Bellini in Naples were drinking it! I was straight on the big bottles of Peroni mind, at a Euro less. You crack on with your Tennents Super! :lol:

e: seen you've followed up. 👍

Edited by ArcticJambo

21 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Usual breakfast in the weej:

Tennents - Super 24x 500ml Cans Beer, Wine & Spirits Grocery Store

I was in Rome last week and this is on draught in pretty much every boozer :lol:

18 hours ago, Beave1874 said:

18 hours ago, jager man said:

Just wanted to say a quick thanks for this. Haggis roll from cafe on the same street then 2 Guinness and a cheeky rum. 

il Duce McTarkin
On 20/05/2022 at 09:58, Ked said:

Recommendations please.

Deid rat.

It's a treat.

Edited by Dirk McClaymore