The nerves begin.....

Heartsofgold

Heartsofgold

Just under 30 hours till kick off.  My gut is already doing somersaults.  The butterflies are massing.  God I love and hate this feeling with equal measure.  On the one hand, we have a chance to see our team become legends, on the other, the chance of a very shitty trip home.

Come on ma boys, bring the Cup back to Gorgie.  HHGH!!!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heartsofgold

• Nelly Terraces

• Bazzas right boot

• Jambro77

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Just under 30 hours till kick off.  My gut is already doing somersaults.  The butterflies are massing.  God I love and hate this feeling with equal measure.  On the one hand, we have a chance to see our team become legends, on the other, the chance of a very shitty trip home.

I'm at work, but I'm not, 32 hours we know our fate then :)  :(

I know I’ll watch the 3 cup finals tonight. 98,06 and 2012 and be awake till 3…….wake up at 6……..piss her off clambering around the room looking for my scarf……breakfast will consist of a coffee and bacon roll followed swiftly by a can of Stella. Out the door at 8 and in Stratties by 9. The butterflies will never leave me till 16:55……..😬

Edited by goldie83
Spelling

AlimOzturk

I am going with no expectation of a win. Will make winning all the more sweeter and also help dull any deafest inflicted on us  

Playing a European finalist tomorrow. So for us to win would be a monumental upset imo. 

I am completely relaxed, I have no real expectations about us winning the game.

My cup final was beating that deluded rancid shower at the semi final.

That said I hope we have another famous win to celebrate.

Defo have butterflies over what could be but I was much more nervous for the semi.  We just couldn't afford to lose that game.  Tomorrow is a different pressure.  We all know we are big underdogs so we don't have the weight of expectation BUT the thought of just how good it would be to win is what is swirling around my head constantly.  This could be huge.  

Am usually bricking it before a final but am calm and can't understand why. Must be quietly confident we're going to put in a good showing.

Nelly Terraces

Bring it on. We can win this. We ARE winning this.

All day beano with the Gorgie Roadshow. Yep, I'm in!👍

Bull's-eye

Setting off at 3pm later today for the trek to Hampdump.

Zero expectation but hopeful of a quality match, fair treatment from the officials and 100% effort from the team. The result won't ruin my day out.

We've got a punchers chance in my humble. . . Good luck everyone 👍

not in the zone yet, sure it will kick in when hit Edinburgh in a few hours 

Nelly Terraces
Just now, cheetah said:

not in the zone yet, sure it will kick in when hit Edinburgh in a few hours 

Only downside is spending an entire day with you ya ****.:lol:

Only kidding, love ya really you wee scamp. Should be the usual total grin from start to end & day out to remember. :D

indianajones
46 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I am going with no expectation of a win. Will make winning all the more sweeter and also help dull any deafest inflicted on us  

Playing a European finalist tomorrow. So for us to win would be a monumental upset imo. 

Exactly where we should all be. 

2 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Only downside is spending an entire day with you ya ****.:lol:

Only kidding, love ya really you wee scamp. Should be the usual total grin from start to end & day out to remember. :D

charming :lol: 

catch you bright and early in the boozer 

Nelly Terraces
Just now, cheetah said:

charming :lol: 

catch you bright and early in the boozer 

You'd expect nothing less mate. :lol:

Yeah, see you then, bright eyed & bushy tailed. Safe trip up today. :thumbsup:

38 minutes ago, suds66 said:

I am completely relaxed, I have no real expectations about us winning the game.

My cup final was beating that deluded rancid shower at the semi final.

That said I hope we have another famous win to celebrate.

I'm not relaxed but otherwise agree with your sentiments.

1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

Wasn't nervous until i read this post, cheers for that😀🇱🇻

frankblack

I'm more nervous about actually getting there and back on the train thanks to the Scottish Government.

As for the match, I give us next to no chance if we turn up carrying injuries.  No point in wasting nervous energy on something we are odds on to lose.

My plan is to have enough alcohol that I am numb to the events on the pitch.

:olly:

Edited by frankblack

Ron Burgundy

Going with no expectations, just looking forward to a good day on the bevy with my youngest son and mates.

I just hope we are still in the game for the second half. Being two or three down at half time means the second half is pointless. We wont be doing another late rally like we did against celtic against this Rangers team IMO.

Heartsofgold
13 minutes ago, it_hearts said:

Wasn't nervous until i read this post, cheers for that😀🇱🇻

Glad to help bud!!😁

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

30 hours, holy crap. Best i get on it now then. 

Half time pie

Have no expectations of a win on balance, so an upset will be an amazing result against the run of things.

Seaside Dave

Finished Nightshift at 8am there nothing but hearts playlist from midnight to 8am. Should be sleeping but im fighting it. Went shopping but an irn bru, new coat and new set of pants. Hearts on the car radio she's cracking already. Bed 7pm up at 4am tomorrow get showered breakfast pack my bag. Airport bar 6.30am big horny pint. If anyone sees a jolly lad in rutherglen with the tags from new clothes on hit me a slap and say yooo seaside new coat ya Muppet. 

As for nervous aye wee bit 

gerryjambo41

Picked up my son that flew in from Dubai yesterday for the game , still no nerves , I just think we'll sneak it tomorrow . Going to the game with my son and one of my granddaughters tomorrow three generations of Jambos that have grown up in the weeg . Beating that mob tomorrow is obviously more fun than beating Hibs through here  

AlphonseCapone
48 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Setting off at 3pm later today for the trek to Hampdump.

Zero expectation but hopeful of a quality match, fair treatment from the officials and 100% effort from the team. The result won't ruin my day out.

We've got a punchers chance in my humble. . . Good luck everyone 👍

Yup, if we put in performance then what will be, will be. What would bother me is throwing it away early doors. 

Whitburn Hearts

Hope for the best , prepare for the worst but enjoy the day nonetheless. 

HHGH 

Jambo 4 Ever
44 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I'm more nervous about actually getting there and back on the train thanks to the Scottish Government.

As for the match, I give us next to no chance if we turn up carrying injuries.  No point in wasting nervous energy on something we are odds on to lose.

Trains there surely are all running as normal?

40 minutes ago, frankblack said:

What's the SG got to do with the Cup Final ? 🤔 

Have they cancelled all the buses and trains ? 

You work for them and you're on duty ?

Otherwise lighten up and enjoy wee Nicky presenting  CG with the Cup. 

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

Get her heed up man……regardless of tomorrow, this has been a great season for us but of course we still want to *win and we have a very good chance of doing so.

* our win tomorrow will be shaped in such a way  as rangers being burnt out after Europe……it will NEVER be spun as us being the better team.

6 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Trains there surely are all running as normal?

The reduced timetable doesn't start till Monday as far as I can see.

There will be no problem tomorrow.

Class of 75

On the Ring Pull Express from Guz to Edinburgh. I am confident we can win this. C'mon the Hearts 

I’m surprisingly relaxed. I’d probably be more anxious if we were playing a team that we were expected to beat.

mellors1874

My mate said it best yesterday after the last 10 mins of the 98 final I've never been nervous since.

Wish I felt that way nerves are kicking in now.

22 minutes ago, luckydug said:

What's the SG got to do with the Cup Final ? 🤔 

Have they cancelled all the buses and trains ? 

You work for them and you're on duty ?

Otherwise lighten up and enjoy wee Nicky presenting  CG with the Cup. 

All the cuts in rail services... nightmare.

Last train back from Glasgow just after 10.00pm... places like Stirling about 8.30 pm.

Some service cut by as much as 50%

Class of 75
20 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Get her heed up man……regardless of tomorrow, this has been a great season for us but of course we still want to *win and we have a very good chance of doing so.

* our win tomorrow will be shaped in such a way  as rangers being burnt out after Europe……it will NEVER be spun as us being the better team.

Agree waiting for the Glasgow media to spin it that way. 

jock _turd

No nerves for me... We are not expected to win and as long as the boys put on a show of maximum effort that will do for me... Its not as though we are playing Hibs where a win is expected.

I finish work at 1pm today, pottering about the house, her dragging me to do the food shopping, its not gonna happen. I'm getting home, hair cut, find a decent pair of sunglasses at the shops then boozer till about 7/8. dinner and then watch some re-runs. 

KevinKyle10

I’m not nervous about losing. As has been discussed previously were not exactly favourites.

im nervous about consoling my wee boy if we lose. He’s got that wee boy mind set towards football, that we should always win, and trying to manage his expectations is a nightmare.

Fort Vallance
16 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

My mate said it best yesterday after the last 10 mins of the 98 final I've never been nervous since.

Snap.

Fort Vallance
2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I finish work at 1pm today, pottering about the house, her dragging me to do the food shopping, its not gonna happen. I'm getting home, hair cut, find a decent pair of sunglasses at the shops then boozer till about 7/8. dinner and then watch some re-runs. 

Did you get your hair cut before 98, 06 & 12 ? If not just stick a tammy on.

Heartsofgold
25 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

Those last 10 ****ing minutes.  Willie Young nearly gave me heart failure that day.  I remember shouting my lungs out at him to blow the ****ing whistle.  the sense of relief, euphoria and delight when he did has never been repeated in my life.  Not together and in the same way.

I've been fine, so far. Day off today. Tidied flat. I fly from Bristol this evening. Having a few beers with my brother then bed. I suspect the nerves will kick in, but if I keep myself busy then I won't have to think about it. It's tomorrow when I'm most likely to feel it. 

Lonewolflins

Pressure is for tyres , don’t expect to win this so pressure is all on the Huns . Just hope we turn up and Collum doesn’t spoil it for us . 

No nerves just super pumped up was a bit too hyper for funeral I was conducting this morning 🤷.

Half day and home now and impatient as ****.

Bring it on....... Gorgie ******* rules.

🇱🇻🏆🇱🇻