The nerves begin.....

Heartsofgold

Greedy Jambo

I've got zero nerves, because i know what to expect. 

I just hope Bob comes up with a new game plan.

ebe0305d79fd57872261d3e0475e584c.jpg

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heartsofgold

• Nelly Terraces

• Bazzas right boot

• Jambro77

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

feedthefox

Win or lose I just recall Wallace Mercer (just minutes after the Dens Park last day loss) telling assembled media and fans we are an entertainment industry and while the result isn’t always what you wanted it’s entertainment (of sorts!). I think he got it when some didn’t. 

Mon Hearts win or lose please give us some entertainment. 

No nerves, we go in as underdogs so there isn't the same level of expectation as there was in 2006, or sheer dread at the prospect of losing in 2012.  We pushed Celtic close in the previous 2 finals, both of which we could have won despite being big underdogs.  

I know I'm getting up tomorrow shitten it.

And then I remind myself that Robbie and co are far better qualified than me to make team selections etc.

keep the faith 😀

I don't think I'm too nervous for myself as I realise we probably have a 1 in 10, maybe 2 in 10 at best chance tomorrow. We've competed well at the last couple of finals and been hugely unlucky due to cheating and the randomness of penalties. 

However I am nervous for my boy who is 15. He's been a bit unlucky to grow up as a hearts fan in an era where hibs batted way above their average against us and only now is he starting to understand why we own them. I really would give anything for him to see a hearts Scottish Cup victory tomorrow. It took me a while so see hearts win as I was 22 in 98 and I would love him to see a trophy win earlier than that, but facing the old firm in Glasgow is always a near impossible task. 

My head says its going to be difficult. My heart says I'm going to be celebrating with my boy in the streets of gorgie tomorrow evening as our players will step up and meet the challenge. 

No Idle Talk

Took a trip to Tynecastle this afternoon and bought some gear from the club shop. Went to the Tynecastle Arms for a couple of pints. 

Nerves/excitement kicking in now. My head says this game has come at the wrong moment for us. My heart says we can do it. 

Come on the JT's!! 

cjambo1993
11 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

I don't think I'm too nervous for myself as I realise we probably have a 1 in 10, maybe 2 in 10 at best chance tomorrow. We've competed well at the last couple of finals and been hugely unlucky due to cheating and the randomness of penalties. 

However I am nervous for my boy who is 15. He's been a bit unlucky to grow up as a hearts fan in an era where hibs batted way above their average against us and only now is he starting to understand why we own them. I really would give anything for him to see a hearts Scottish Cup victory tomorrow. It took me a while so see hearts win as I was 22 in 98 and I would love him to see a trophy win earlier than that, but facing the old firm in Glasgow is always a near impossible task. 

My head says its going to be difficult. My heart says I'm going to be celebrating with my boy in the streets of gorgie tomorrow evening as our players will step up and meet the challenge. 

These are the ones you remember. Cup finals at the national stadium in front of 22,000 fellow Jambos. 

Regardless of the result, it’s the days out like these with your nearest and dearest that make being a Jambo such a special special privilege. We have been through some really shite times recently, but through it all I will always love my old man just that wee bit more for bringing me up a Jambo. 

I can’t wait to spend the day with him, my brother and sister tomorrow. Whatever happens, your son is lucky to be brought up a Jambo and he will realise that as he gets older.

I hope to see you and your lad on the streets of Gorgie tomorrow evening.

FarmerTweedy
14 hours ago, edramone said:

Am usually bricking it before a final but am calm and can't understand why. Must be quietly confident we're going to put in a good showing.

I'm quite calm and I reckon it's because I think we're going to get humped. 😞 

Or it could be because I'm getting auld!

Edited by FarmerTweedy

11 minutes ago, cjambo1993 said:

These are the ones you remember. Cup finals at the national stadium in front of 22,000 fellow Jambos. 

Regardless of the result, it’s the days out like these with your nearest and dearest that make being a Jambo such a special special privilege. We have been through some really shite times recently, but through it all I will always love my old man just that wee bit more for bringing me up a Jambo. 

I can’t wait to spend the day with him, my brother and sister tomorrow. Whatever happens, your son is lucky to be brought up a Jambo and he will realise that as he gets older.

I hope to see you and your lad on the streets of Gorgie tomorrow evening.

Thank you. Your comments really resonate. I feel privileged to spend time with my boy and bringing him into a club as special as hearts makes it all the sweeter. 

I hope to see you and your dad on the streets of gorgie tomorrow, but even if we don't meet physically, I hope we'll meet spiritually through the many others who'll be in gorgie and whose lives are enhanced by our love of our unique football club ❤️

Edited by Aaron78

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I'm not nervous. 

I've mastuabated 25 times today, ate some glue, drunk a litre of turps, had 12 beers and munched a dozen hash cookies. 

Chilled. 

Weirdly I'm still hungry tho. 

Kept to your normal daily routine then!

cjambo1993
22 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

Thank you. Your comments really resonate. I feel privileged to spend time with my boy and bringing him into a club as special as hearts makes it all the sweeter. 

I hope to see you and your dad on the streets of gorgie tomorrow, but even if we don't meet physically, I hope we'll meet spiritually through the many others who'll be in gorgie and whose lives are enhanced by our love of our unique football club ❤️

It’s funny actually, I was 19 at the 2012 final and I can vividly remember posting on here on the eve of the final about how grateful I was to my old man for bringing me up a Jambo. 

Fast forward a decade and not much has changed.

Like I say, we’ve had some tough days following the club since then but it’s what makes days like tomorrow all the more special.

Should we do the unthinkable tomorrow, we won’t be hard to spot. We’ll all be in retro hearts tops and I’ll be propping up the old fella as he’ll have likely had a few too many Stella’s.

What a party it could be. Enjoy mate. 

35 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

100% this. 

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Me too.

We've had a decent season, although finishing that far back of them two just shows how ****ing pointless our league is.

Anyhow, expecting a drubbing but will be ecstatic if I'm wrong.

52 minutes ago, cjambo1993 said:

It’s funny actually, I was 19 at the 2012 final and I can vividly remember posting on here on the eve of the final about how grateful I was to my old man for bringing me up a Jambo. 

Fast forward a decade and not much has changed.

Like I say, we’ve had some tough days following the club since then but it’s what makes days like tomorrow all the more special.

Should we do the unthinkable tomorrow, we won’t be hard to spot. We’ll all be in retro hearts tops and I’ll be propping up the old fella as he’ll have likely had a few too many Stella’s.

What a party it could be. Enjoy mate. 

As it says on my old Dad’s plaque in the memorial garden -

Up on the terrace at the Gorgie end,

You were my pal you were my friend,

We stood together in good times and bad,

You made me a Hearts fan I thank you Dad.

Edited by Thomaso

2 hours ago, Aaron78 said:

That is beautiful mate it’s all about family and I’ll be there with my dad we are different cos we are not glory hunters a lot of my mates when I was younger supported hearts but turned 🙁

1 hour ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Me too.

We've had a decent season, although finishing that far back of them two just shows how ****ing pointless our league is.

Anyhow, expecting a drubbing but will be ecstatic if I'm wrong.

Yip me too hopefully I'm  wrong 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Kept to your normal daily routine then!

Actually mastuabated slightly less. 

Jamstomorrow

Everyone wearing their 'lucky pants' or other lucky talismans today I hope?  

Touch wood, I am not superstitious!  ;)

16 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

When I was packing my clothes for the weekend, I realised why we lost the 2919 final. Although i had my 1998 cup final top on, I left my scarf in Lewis and had to buy a new 1. Got my proper scarf and I really hope it sees its 5 scottish cup victory.

Just now, briever said:

Been awake since 5.30.

don’t let me down Scotrail.

Had to get up earlier as got email late last night to say train cancelled. Now getting a train 25 mins earlier as don't want to take chance any later trains get pumped. 

Not expecting a win. Just having a day out with my boy that happens to have a game of football in the middle 👀 Not nervous. Nope. Not i the slightest. I'm not nervous you're nervous. 

8 hours ago, feedthefox said:

Win or lose I just recall Wallace Mercer (just minutes after the Dens Park last day loss) telling assembled media and fans we are an entertainment industry and while the result isn’t always what you wanted it’s entertainment (of sorts!). I think he got it when some didn’t. 

Mon Hearts win or lose please give us some entertainment. 

Today the only entertainment is achieved by winning. It really doesn't matter how we win.

thehibsareintheirbeds

Awful sleep and nerves kicking in....but beautiful morning and en route nice and early for bus through. Even remembered the tickets. 

Feels a bit different to last final and reminds me of how nervy I was 2012. We can do this 

Its funny, before the semi i was a proper wreck. Couldnt sleep, barely speak, had a twitch, the lot!!!

Nowt last night or today. Just looking forward to it.

Seems i dont handle expectation! Im a born plucky underdog!!!!

4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Its funny, before the semi i was a proper wreck. Couldnt sleep, barely speak, had a twitch, the lot!!!

Same , it’s because it was against the vermin in the semi for me I was a wreck before that game but it made me enjoy it more after the final whistle 👍

jambopilms

Not anywhere near as nervous as the semi, probablly because I expecting a comfortable Rangers win. 

I have a feeling the starting 11 wont be as good as we hoped.

Going to watch Hearts TV as the BBC commentary will be unbearable.

BackOfTheNet
5 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

:lol:

Cup Final day is here and the nerves still haven’t kicked in. This is getting weird now. Not sure if it’s a good or bad thing.

Heartsofgold
4 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

3 Tom-tits since 03:00 . I bet your glad I shared this with you.:lol:

not one so far. Waiting on the bus and ****ing ready to pop. 

Leveins Battalion
11 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

3 Tom-tits since 03:00 . I bet your glad I shared this with you.:lol:

Same.Spent 2 hours on the pan already.In fact I'm on right now.😂

chefjambo1
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

No sleep for me and no nerves either . The semi was our final I think . Today is a free hit . Just steam into them and hopefully see you all on Georgie road tomorrow 

heartgarfunkel
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

That’s where I’m at Roy. The semi-final was the nerves game, today is bonus city. ****ing magic. 

Stayed up as late as I could. Still pinged awake at 6am. Just left town in the minibus. Driver brought subways for everyone. No one eating so far but the first shhhhhhhh of cans opening has been heard. Very quiet on the bus so far. Don’t know if it’s quietly confident or scared we get a hammering.no ones talking about the game

TyphoonJambo
42 minutes ago, Clear few said:

🚽 this muchly come on Hearttttttssss!!!!

Tomtit no 5 currently taking place😭

Just about to leave and I'm not up for this at all. I expected a doing from Celtic in 2019 and 2020 and we so nearly won it both times so you never can tell how it's going to pan out. One things for sure. The victories are so good that there's no way I'd miss a final....just in case this is the one! 

Brighton Jambo

In 98 I had zero expectations after what had happened in the two previous finals so no nerves.

In 2006 I was nervous because it would have been such a missed opportunity to lose to Gretna and we would forever be tainted by the level of upset.

In 2012 I couldn’t eat or sleep.  If we had lost that it would have been unthinkable.

Today, no nerves.  Rangers are a very good side who will be hurting after Wednesday.  We will have to be at our best to win this and they need an off day.  I just hope we fly out the traps and see how much energy they have in their legs.  

In the immortal words of Blackadder.  “Good luck everyone” 

I'm very calm compared to the Derby semi.

I think this season has been great regardless of the result today and we have a lot to look forward to at the moment. 

We win today and it'll be fantastic but I'm tempering my expectations.

Disser Pointon
5 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Got my "Blood doesn't show on a maroon Jersey" 1-5 cup final t-shirt on. 👌👍

HeartsandonlyHearts

I’ve been up and pacing for an hour.

Its 6.49am. I’m really excited and nervous.

But confident we’re doing this today.

HHGH

chuck berrys hairline

Woke up and pissed excellence we are doing this mob today! 👊