Top Posters In This Topic

• Heartsofgold

• Nelly Terraces

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No nerves at all.

We're the underdogs, so no great shock if we get beat. Amazing scenes if we win.

:sweeet::flag2: 

colinmorewasgash

Calm nothing to lose would be more uptight if it was a diddy team or hibs even if we get beat we are expected too But if we win party weekend. I will say this the Hobos seem more tetchy today and nervous than me you'll get hammered your crap  still don't know why you celebrated when you beat us haha you will nae win no chance likesay blah blah  aye but if we win  can you imagine the joy to see all the sevco pundits faces despair twice in 4 days and leith will be on suicide watch all summer.

Proper nerves here. Shouldn't have them as been there and done that plenty times before, but it's the "what if's" that run through my mind, and that makes me nervous. 

What if we score early? 

What if we score late? 

What if we score 5? 

What if it goes to penalties? 

What if we win? 

All the what ifs relate to us winning. If we lose, we lose. But what if... 

I think a lot more people are going to be nervous come 2:55pm tomorrow afternoon :lol:

I can't see how you can't be nervous in the lead up to a Cup Final!  

Hectormasson
25 minutes ago, Kendoll said:

Proper nerves here. Shouldn't have them as been there and done that plenty times before, but it's the "what if's" that run through my mind, and that makes me nervous. 

What if we score early? 

What if we score late? 

What if we score 5? 

What if it goes to penalties? 

What if we win? 

All the what ifs relate to us winning. If we lose, we lose. But what if... 

" I don't t believe in if anymore"

Roger whittaker song from 1975,🙌👍🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

luckyBatistuta
5 hours ago, jonesy said:

Nerves? What nerves? Name's on the cup.

All day long jonesy 

:rudiyas:

AlimOzturk
3 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

Not nervous at all.

However ask me that when we are a goal up with 20 minutes to go.

:spoton:

3 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

Did you get your hair cut before 98, 06 & 12 ? If not just stick a tammy on.

I did , and did yesterday 😬.....I was ok till I seen the special events road signs.....

Edited by Tams bird

The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, Craig_ said:

Was totally calm until I read the 'Messages' thread. Now absolutely sh*tting it! 

:rofl:

Not much in the way of nerves as i do not think we have much of a chance but I want to be delighted to be wrong.

Not nervous before hand but will be during game if its tight.

The scenes if we win will be incredible and like 1998 all over

4 hours ago, KevinKyle10 said:

I’m not nervous about losing. As has been discussed previously were not exactly favourites.

im nervous about consoling my wee boy if we lose. He’s got that wee boy mind set towards football, that we should always win, and trying to manage his expectations is a nightmare.

I’m exactly the same mate. My 12 year old is going to be gutted if we lose. He was only 2 in 2012 so can’t remember 5:1, was there in 2019 and obviously watched the 2020 final. 

I’ve tried to explain I had to wait until I was 28 to see Hearts win in 1998 but that’s not washing with him. 

Having said all that I’m glad he loves the JTs as much as me. 

michael_bolton

I've had cup fever since the Livi game and am in absolutely no doubt that we'll be picking up Number 9 tomorrow afternoon.

FTH.

Not nervous at all , it's a free hit. 

Obviously we need a slice of luck , but a win is possible. 

If we turn up and give 100% I'll be happy. 

Looking forward to a good day out .

ScandinavianJambo

Aaargh was feeling cool like a cucumber 😎 but after reading this thread I've taken on the collective nerves! 😳😳😳😳(They would have come anyway 😉).

7 hours ago, McCrae said:

All the cuts in rail services... nightmare.

Last train back from Glasgow just after 10.00pm... places like Stirling about 8.30 pm.

Some service cut by as much as 50%

that’s from Monday isn’t it ?

Fxxx the SPFL

Not nervous in the slightest as far as I’m concerned it’s a free hit we’ve had a great season we’ll be getting big wonga from Europe and half the gate receipts from tomorrow as well.  Just looking forward to it. The omens are with us 1998 Willie Young referee 2022 Willie Collum lets hope there’s not 8 minutes of added time tomorrow 

4 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Not nervous in the slightest as far as I’m concerned it’s a free hit we’ve had a great season we’ll be getting big wonga from Europe and half the gate receipts from tomorrow as well.  Just looking forward to it. The omens are with us 1998 Willie Young referee 2022 Willie Collum lets hope there’s not 8 minutes of added time tomorrow 

Exactly where I am. We are major underdogs against a team who featured in a European final.

If we win though... Offt

best in the land

Not really nervous as expectations are low.

Will be amazing if we win but still gutted if we don't.

Will be a tense watch as usual.

Jamboelite

Not nervous because i think we are going to get turned over comfortably…i know i know just the feeling i have.

Wont stop me shouting myself hoarse tomorrow. 

BackOfTheNet

Said in the other thread this morning I wasn’t nervous. And it’s weird not being nervous. Still am not. Not sure if it’s getting older, or over confidence or maybe even complete lack of expectation here. Thinking they may kick in as I wake up tomorrow, or when I travel through or start walking up to the turnstiles, but it’s really weird for me this close to a final to not be feeling it yet.

11 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

I am going with no expectation of a win. Will make winning all the more sweeter and also help dull any deafest inflicted on us  

Playing a European finalist tomorrow. So for us to win would be a monumental upset imo. 

Agree with your comments but I hope and have a sneaking suspicion it may  be a repeat of 1998 final! Fingers crossed!

I'm full of anticipstion and my pre-match build up is excellent.  Not nervous though just as I was relaxed before the semi.

Confident we will win and I'll feel tremendous tomorrow.

Bazzas right boot

I'm not nervous. 

I've mastuabated 25 times today, ate some glue, drunk a litre of turps, had 12 beers and munched a dozen hash cookies. 

Chilled. 

Weirdly I'm still hungry tho. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm full of anticipstion and my pre-match build up is excellent.  Not nervous though just as I was relaxed before the semi.

Confident we will win and I'll feel tremendous tomorrow.

Nah wonder, you'll know the result before us! 

:jambobanana:

16 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Said in the other thread this morning I wasn’t nervous. And it’s weird not being nervous. Still am not. Not sure if it’s getting older, or over confidence or maybe even complete lack of expectation here. Thinking they may kick in as I wake up tomorrow, or when I travel through or start walking up to the turnstiles, but it’s really weird for me this close to a final to not be feeling it yet.

Similar feeling. I'm weirdly relaxed about tomorrow. Looking forward to the build up tomorrow and my day out with my Jambo mates. Unlike 2012 I couldn't really enjoy that till we were 3-1 up. Maybe that's it I've had all my Christmases at once and now its just party time. With the hibs firmly in thier beds  I'm going to enjoy myself tomorrow no matter the result. I'm am hopeful the Hearts team are in similar sprit. Nothing to fear so go and enjoy yourself on the park with a massive support behind you who knows it might just be the day you join the 

Legends...

Absoutley gutted I'm unable to go to the game(the joys of work)............. HOWEVER!!....... I'll be wearing my luck pants tomorrow so it will be fine !!!!!!

Hopefully its acceptable to wear them for the cup parade without a change???

feedtheroman2

Not confident at all. Nada.

Fear a thrashing post ECL final to be honest. They have much better players and we're gonna get our tatties unfortunately...

BackOfTheNet
32 minutes ago, Texaco said:

Similar feeling. I'm weirdly relaxed about tomorrow. Looking forward to the build up tomorrow and my day out with my Jambo mates. Unlike 2012 I couldn't really enjoy that till we were 3-1 up. Maybe that's it I've had all my Christmases at once and now its just party time. With the hibs firmly in thier beds  I'm going to enjoy myself tomorrow no matter the result. I'm am hopeful the Hearts team are in similar sprit. Nothing to fear so go and enjoy yourself on the park with a massive support behind you who knows it might just be the day you join the 

Legends...

About right I’d say. The nervousness of 2012 was being on the other end of all the stick we’ve given them since! This time no one expects us to do anything, even though only one spot in the league separates us.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Weirdly calm about this one tbh. I think winning three in a row and then losing two in a row rapidly has really cemented the feeling that sometimes you win these things and sometimes you don't. We're underdogs and losing wouldn't be a huge shock so it doesn't feel like the stakes are anywhere near as high as 2012. But man it would be nice to win 😄

BelgeJambo

Nervous wreck on the day

Don’t enjoy it

still shitting bricks until the 3rd went in 2012

please make it an easy win Hearts

🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

3 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Nervous wreck on the day

Don’t enjoy it

still shitting bricks until the 3rd went in 2012

please make it an easy win Hearts

🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Agreed

Didn't enjoy the semi this year either because the 3rd never went in !

😬

I’m not too bad after a few drinks this evening. Looking forward to a good day out with my youngest son and my mates, a good bevvy and singing til by voice goes. We’re underdogs and need a lot to go our way to win but we have a decent chance so why the **** can’t we win.

Nervous this morning heading to work listen to the end of SATF podcast this week ( which was class with Paul Ritchie )

I’m in bed now about to nod off can’t wait for tomorrow maybe the nervous will hit tomorrow but I feel confident 🤞🏻

I've been flapping all day but decided to listen to the Bagpipe version of our Heatts song A quiet confidence and calm hassle just enveloped me

HHGH

Excited about the game. Don’t think there are as many nerves when it’s against one of the Old Firm, Hibs game was completely different. Some of the comments about being turned over is pathetic. We should go into the game with confidence that we will at least give them a game. I think the very least we will push them all the way. 

Edited by karipidis

Nerves are starting to kick in, just got that gut feeling that it’s going to come down to one massive chance for us, take it and we lift the cup, squander it, then it’s not to be. Mon the JTs!!

10 hours ago, been here before said:

Why the nerves? Its not like you're playing.

Sit back and revel in the victory.

I know what you mean bud, I say the same thing every time. But, since setting my alarm a minute ago (stupidly assumi ill actually sleep), here I am again.

I'm not playing, I shouldn't be nervous but I am.

The only cup final I had no nerves was 10 years ago. That trophy was won when beattie went topless after scoring THAT penalty.

Clark Griswold
1 hour ago, Tams bird said:

Don't think I will be sleeping much .Alarm set for 5.30.

5:30? You walking to Glasgow?!

Howdy Doody Jambo

Superstitions, nerves, over compulsive disorders, law of averages etihs and every other lucky pair of Y-Fronts pish never works, I've tried them all 

If you want to be nervous do it next week, never felt so calm before a cup final 

Whatever will be will be 

Enjoy the day who knows when the next final will be 

Alec Eiffel

I am an insomniac at the best of times.  Tonight will be no exception.  Currently watching rerun of the 2012 final.

Maybe the 2016 final would put me to sleep???