*** JkB Sick Kids season tickets ***

davemclaren

davemclaren

Just to confirm that we have renewed our two seats for next season that are available to be used by the Edinburgh Children’s Hospital. We have provided these for many years now. 

Angry Haggis
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Just to confirm that we have renewed our two seats for next season that are available to be used by the Edinburgh Children’s Hospital. We have provided these for many years now. 

That's Awesome Dave, truly Awesome. 

Clark Griswold

Would be great to hear any stories of kids who have benefitted from this, not sure if you receive this kind of feedback Dave?

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Wonderful to hear this Dave.  I am particularly pleased to know that this continues as I was instrumental in getting this set up way back in 2008.  Fourteen years and counting...

I worked initially with Maureen Harrison who was the then Chief Exec of the Sick Kids Foundation Foundation introduce this partnership.  This included ensuring a commitment that tickets would be always be used for the children for each home game and to agree the logistics of getting the tickets from Hearts to The Sick Kids Foundation.  Back in these days it was actually individual match tickets (rather than a season ticket) for each home game, so this necessitated the uplift of match tickets from Tynecastle and delivery to Alison Cowan at the sick kids for every home game.  As I lived locally I did this for some years.

The partnership would not have happened without the support of Ron Ross, Philp Crosby and yourself Dave.  Ron in particular ensured that tickets for all games, including much sought after tickets for cup semis and cup finals always went to the kids.  I was always very impressed with this.   Another guy who was hugely helpful in ensuring the success of this initiative was Marin Ewart 
who managed the ticket office back in those days and could not have been more helpful in my dealings with him. 

A huge well done to those who continue to support the success of this great partnership. JKB does such great work in our community and I am very proud to be a member of this forum, and of the huge efforts made by all members to support those in need!  

the sub goalie

Amazing.  My daughter has been under the care of the Sick Kids since she was 3 years old, she is now nearly 15 and still attends twice a month for treatment.  The work the hospital and charity do is simply amazing as is this kind donation.

*Proud dad boast* my daughter recently raised over £3,000 for the Sick Kids Charity and we know first hand just how crucial any donation is.

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, John S said:

Wonderful to hear this Dave.  I am particularly pleased to know that this continues as I was instrumental in getting this set up way back in 2008.  Fourteen years and counting...

I worked initially with Maureen Harrison who was the then Chief Exec of the Sick Kids Foundation Foundation introduce this partnership.  This included ensuring a commitment that tickets would be always be used for the children for each home game and to agree the logistics of getting the tickets from Hearts to The Sick Kids Foundation.  Back in these days it was actually individual match tickets (rather than a season ticket) for each home game, so this necessitated the uplift of match tickets from Tynecastle and delivery to Alison Cowan at the sick kids for every home game.  As I lived locally I did this for some years.

The partnership would not have happened without the support of Ron Ross, Philp Crosby and yourself Dave.  Ron in particular ensured that tickets for all games, including much sought after tickets for cup semis and cup finals always went to the kids.  I was always very impressed with this.   Another guy who was hugely helpful in ensuring the success of this initiative was Marin Ewart 
who managed the ticket office back in those days and could not have been more helpful in my dealings with him. 

A huge well done to those who continue to support the success of this great partnership. JKB does such great work in our community and I am very proud to be a member of this forum, and of the huge efforts made by all members to support those in need!  

The tickets are all printed in advance now and are posted out in batches as they become available. 

14 years. 👍

Pans Jambo
5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

That's brilliant.

6 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Great to see we are still doing this. 👏

Maple Leaf
5 hours ago, John S said:

@John S Thanks for posting John, and it's good to hear from you again. :thumb:

Jambof3tornado
8 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Suberb once again.

Great to hear this is still being done.

I wonder how many children that got the opportunity to go to possibly their first ever football match, went on to become Hearts fans.

Maybe some on kickback posters?

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Great to hear this is still being done.

I wonder how many children that got the opportunity to go to possibly their first ever football match, went on to become Hearts fans.

Maybe some on kickback posters?

I imagine a lot that go have a Hearts supporting parent or support the club themselves but I’m sure it’s created a few new young Hearts supporters over the years. 

10 hours ago, the sub goalie said:

Amazing.  My daughter has been under the care of the Sick Kids since she was 3 years old, she is now nearly 15 and still attends twice a month for treatment.  The work the hospital and charity do is simply amazing as is this kind donation.

*Proud dad boast* my daughter recently raised over £3,000 for the Sick Kids Charity and we know first hand just how crucial any donation is.

Outstanding.

Brilliant gesture. I love these initiatives, similar to Tickets for future Jambos and Big hearts ticket give-aways. It is a win win as the kids get to experience a match day that they might not otherwise have had. The club benefits from the income and the PR by association and also, the possibility of finding new supporters for the long term.

Having worked in a school which received many match tickets and ST's over the years I have seen first hand the positive impact this kind of donation can have for a child's well being and happiness.

Well done to you sir for doing this over such a long period. A fantastic, kind initiative.

More power to you and all those involved.