Jump to content

Jambos in England


Finlay James
 Share

Recommended Posts

Finlay James
12 minutes ago, Luton Jambo said:

Luton, Bedfordshire.

 I used to work in Luton and saw a lad out running with his Hearts kit on.  He was a bit startled when I drove past shouting “Come on the Jam Tarts” as I’m guessing he doesn’t hear that too often around Marsh Farm 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • jambopilms

    5

  • cliffdanum

    9

  • Jambo-Fox

    10

  • Portable Badger

    8

SwindonJambo
3 minutes ago, moonraker said:

The guy who manages our over 50's football team at RWBT FC lives there...or maybe Watchfield

Ah, the now Royal Wooton Bassett. I walked into Watchfield last night. I might end up moving there at some point- you get a lot more house for your money there than here in Shriv. I take it your username is after Gorse Hill's famous pub?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

moonraker
6 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Ah, the now Royal Wooton Bassett. I walked into Watchfield last night. I might end up moving there at some point- you get a lot more house for your money there than here in Shriv. I take it your username is after Gorse Hill's famous pub?

Either the pub or the story about the smugglers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dawnrazor

Between Lancaster / Settle / Kirkby Lonsdale.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dawnrazor
On 08/05/2022 at 20:52, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Hadfield, Derbyshire.

I lived in Buxton when The League of Gentlemen was on the tele, Hadfield qnd Padfield were used for filming regularly, I remember a shop front for "The Roystonvasey Dating Agency" with a big pink love heart saying "Gay, Straight or Bi Give Us a Try"😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jambo-in-furness
12 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

 

Ran a pub there for about a year oooh 19 years ago now, Riflemans on Salthouse Road. Believe its flats now.

Yep,  the Washington just down the road went the same way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FinnBarr Saunders
32 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Yep,  the Washington just down the road went the same way.

 

Knell, Wash was always a busy big barn of a place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Exile fae Main Street

Old Harlow,  Essex.....almost Herts, but Forever Hearts!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FinnBarr Saunders
1 hour ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Yep,  the Washington just down the road went the same way.

 

45 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

 

Knell, Wash was always a busy big barn of a place.

 

Just had a quick Google and the Sandgate and Dirty Duck have gone as well, where on earth do the loonies from the Vulcan go now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Portable Badger
16 hours ago, Gmcjambo said:

Love your comments PB!  This thread in fact has really helped open my mind to how doable it is really.   Going to get a season ticket for me and my 11 yo daughter.  She will love Tynecastle so much and whilst she may not come all the time with me I’m going to aim for 9 matches a season which would be awesome.   Will also help me reconnect with some old school mates and see some family more often.    Think I need to wait until June for general sale but can’t wait to get it sorted! 

👍🏻   Nice one mate!!!   You’ll love being back among us assholes !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 09/05/2022 at 16:35, RoiK said:

Not sure, but McCafferty’s might be the best bet. Are you in Epsom too?

Yep, moved here quite recently. Though havent had much time to explore the local pubs yet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

south morroccan

I'm in Lewisham. On morning of semi-final I saw someone wearing the Tiny Changes Hearts top outside New Cross Station. I was on a bus so no chance to chat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jambo-in-furness
13 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

 

 

Just had a quick Google and the Sandgate and Dirty Duck have gone as well, where on earth do the loonies from the Vulcan go now?

God knows,  I don’t venture down that area only pass through on my way from Walney to the coast road.

 

wish I’d known a Jambo had the rife,  I would’ve partook in an ale or two 👍🇱🇻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Japan Jambo

Looking at the trains for the final - looks like engineering work will put the kibosh on that... gonna need to take a closer look.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ron Swanson

Just outside Castleford for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AllyjamboDerbyshire
20 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

I lived in Buxton when The League of Gentlemen was on the tele, Hadfield qnd Padfield were used for filming regularly, I remember a shop front for "The Roystonvasey Dating Agency" with a big pink love heart saying "Gay, Straight or Bi Give Us a Try"😅

We still get the League of Gentlemen fans decending on the town, and there's a corner of my local, the Palatine, that has a corner dedicated to the show. One or two of the locals are featured on the show and some made a fair bit from allowing their houses to be filmed as a backdrop. 'Are you local' is frequently asked😄 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

maroonshrew
5 hours ago, south morroccan said:

I'm in Lewisham. On morning of semi-final I saw someone wearing the Tiny Changes Hearts top outside New Cross Station. I was on a bus so no chance to chat.

This might've been me. Used to live round there and was back up for the day. Was he handsome? I was on the way to the Royal Albert. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

maroonshrew
On 08/05/2022 at 20:05, twjambo said:

Tunbridge Wells

ah I'm Tonbridge. Never seen a jambo round these parts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cudworth23

Barnsley South Yorkshire. Moved down here in 87. Don’t get up as much as I did, but watch every game on tv that I can 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SwindonJambo
4 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Looking at the trains for the final - looks like engineering work will put the kibosh on that... gonna need to take a closer look.

The West Coast mainline is closed between Motherwell and Carlisle next weekend.. The East Coast line is running normally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JP Morgan
On 08/05/2022 at 21:36, jambopilms said:

Blandford Forum, Dorset.

Am I the furthest away ? In England that is.


Nope, I’m in Bournemouth….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jambopilms
1 minute ago, JP Morgan said:


Nope, I’m in Bournemouth….

Fair one, you win. unless there is someone in Devon or Cornwall ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JP Morgan
On 09/05/2022 at 21:18, Trained One said:

Proper trades would call them handbags.

What like EDs or Linies?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

south morroccan
2 hours ago, maroonshrew said:

This might've been me. Used to live round there and was back up for the day. Was he handsome? I was on the way to the Royal Albert. 

Not a lot of these tops going round so probably was you. Didn't realise the Royal Albert showed matches, but definitely wouldn't watch Hearts in Kelly's or the Little Crown.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Japan Jambo
44 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

The West Coast mainline is closed between Motherwell and Carlisle next weekend.. The East Coast line is running normally.

 

thought I saw journey times of over 16hrs with buses on east coast Saturday!!

 

Got flights sorted thankfully.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Frodsham Cheshire. Have only seen 1 other person in a Hearts top in 6 years down here. 
Only 4 hours to Tynecastle Or 2.50 on the train 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Marvin
On 08/05/2022 at 23:56, Jambo-Fox said:

There was talk once of forming a Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Hampshire & Wiltshire alliance and perhaps run a bus to a cup final!! 
 

I’m flying up from Heathrow for this cup final,  trains are too expensive!

 

Trains are outrageous. I'm flying up from Bristol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jambo-Fox
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Frodsham Cheshire. Have only seen 1 other person in a Hearts top in 6 years down here. 
Only 4 hours to Tynecastle Or 2.50 on the train 

 

 

Runcorn / Widnes overspill!!  


Nice little village which I used visit in the past!  I used to catch the train from Warrington to Edinburgh!

 

Used to frequent the Swinging Sporran (Runcorn Shopping City long demolished) back in the day of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Ally’s Army 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

Edited by Jambo-Fox
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brick Tamland

Split my time between my home in Edinburgh and my partners place in Wilpshire, near Blackburn. Lovely wee town, friendly folk and the Bonny Inn is a great local pub. 
Less than 3 hours drive up the M6 or less in the train from Preston. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 08/05/2022 at 18:45, Finlay James said:

Where are you?

 

I’ll start with Little Stanion, Northamptonshire 


Corby!

 

is Little Stanion really a place or just an estate in Corby 😉👍🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finlay James
38 minutes ago, Mollo said:


Corby!

 

is Little Stanion really a place or just an estate in Corby 😉👍🏻

 
😅 Like Stanion/Little Oakley, it’s a village in its own right albeit with a Corby postcode.

 

I think our family are the only Jambos in the village 🇱🇻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Finlay James said:

 
😅 Like Stanion/Little Oakley, it’s a village in its own right albeit with a Corby postcode.

 

I think our family are the only Jambos in the village 🇱🇻

😄 i know, was only jesting!

 

Theres not many of us in Corby itself and we must have a population of over 60,000 so one family in Little Stanion is a good result!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Worthing Jambo
2 minutes ago, Mollo said:

😄 i know, was only jesting!

 

Theres not many of us in Corby itself and we must have a population of over 60,000 so one family in Little Stanion is a good result!

Scotch pies and rolls in the wee baker in the industrial estate near Asda, and plain breed in Asda itself👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Scotch pies and rolls in the wee baker in the industrial estate near Asda, and plain breed in Asda itself👍

Corby isn’t called Little Scotland for nothing! 😄

 

Weirdly used to work in Lancing, stayed in Worthing loads of times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Worthing Jambo
35 minutes ago, Mollo said:

Corby isn’t called Little Scotland for nothing! 😄

 

Weirdly used to work in Lancing, stayed in Worthing loads of times.

Lucky you!😂😂😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hard boiled eggs and nuts
On 11/05/2022 at 19:03, Stevenage Jambo said:

Never knew there were more Jambo's in town

Looks like there is a few in this area reading this article. Have seen a Jambo at Stevenage fc a couple of times this season, wasn’t you was it SJ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hard boiled eggs and nuts
Posted (edited)
On 11/05/2022 at 19:03, Stevenage Jambo said:

Never knew there were more Jambo's in town

Also seen someone walking around town in a Hearts top and during the pandemic a couple with Hearts face masks on!

Edited by Hard boiled eggs and nuts
Posted twice
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trained One
18 hours ago, JP Morgan said:

What like EDs or Linies?

 

Correct...spoken like an ED lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trained One
On 09/05/2022 at 21:23, cliffdanum said:

No issues with my wee handbag...even went with uniform.

 

Do you get into York races with your bag, or did you stop wearing in in Civi St?

 

See you for the final pal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Class of 75

Although a little different, I live in Fife but travel to Portsmouth regularly. On one trip I got chatting to the owner and customer of a sports shop who said there were loads of Hearts fans in the Portsmouth area. The customer meets up with his pals and travels to Tynecastle. The funny thing these are guys born and brought up in Portsmouth. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Worthing Jambo
1 hour ago, Class of 75 said:

Although a little different, I live in Fife but travel to Portsmouth regularly. On one trip I got chatting to the owner and customer of a sports shop who said there were loads of Hearts fans in the Portsmouth area. The customer meets up with his pals and travels to Tynecastle. The funny thing these are guys born and brought up in Portsmouth. 

In the mid eighties one of the navy ships adopted Hearts as their team.

Can’t for the life of me remember its name!

Maybe a legacy of this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Class of 75
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Worthing Jambo said:

In the mid eighties one of the navy ships adopted Hearts as their team.

Can’t for the life of me remember its name!

Maybe a legacy of this?

HMS Edinburgh I think. Could well be, the boy I spoke to says they follow Hearts as we are a big club and not like the other 2 in Glasgow

Edited by Class of 75
Link to comment
Share on other sites

N Lincs Jambo
On 12/05/2022 at 22:05, Brick Tamland said:

Split my time between my home in Edinburgh and my partners place in Wilpshire, near Blackburn. Lovely wee town, friendly folk and the Bonny Inn is a great local pub. 
Less than 3 hours drive up the M6 or less in the train from Preston. 


Lived in Blackburn/Darwen throughout the 90s. Played golf at Wilpshire quite a few times. Good track that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

cliffdanum
20 hours ago, Trained One said:

 

Do you get into York races with your bag, or did you stop wearing in in Civi St?

 

See you for the final pal.

Handed in with kit...lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...