Jambos in England

Finlay James

Jambo-Fox
1 hour ago, Gmcjambo said:

Henley on Thames…too far from Tynie!   Not been a season ticket holder for 15 years…

I’ve been thinking of moving to Henley for a while, it’s really nice and nearer to Tynie - ST always bought! 

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Fox

• cliffdanum

• Portable Badger

• jambo-in-furness

Jambo-Fox
10 hours ago, kettering jam tart said:

Kettering 

Corby overspill ‘me duck’!!

Jambo-Fox
11 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Appropriately enough, our nearest is The Edinburgh Cellars.

But The Alma, The Snooty Fox & The Leconfield have also been happy to take our money.

Snooty Fox is great!

5C436D35-839D-4D45-B435-45726E3D44A0.jpeg

99DE7FF8-60F3-48C7-9FA6-0E554097AABA.jpeg

F7ED74BD-0230-4952-B4D3-E27E864DC34A.jpeg

kettering jam tart
16 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Corby overspill ‘me duck’!!

😅😅😅

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

Not in England but well south of Hadrians Wall, does Cardiff count?  HHGH Terry

Obviously not. Try suggesting in Wales that Wales counts as England.

Francis Albert
19 hours ago, Gmcjambo said:

Henley on Thames…too far from Tynie!   Not been a season ticket holder for 15 years…

I never had an ST when I lived in Edinburgh. As an English colleague commented after taking in a game at Tynie in the late 70s you could lay out a camp bed on the terracing back then.  And I never needed an ST to get into a game until the Vlad era and have had an ST for over 15 years despite living on London. I used to get up to a game  once a month but age and Covid have put a stop to that. In fact the best value I have had from my ST has been from live coverage on Hearts TV of every home league game in the last two seasons  thanks to Covid. I will probably still renew in case of a tasty European game. The senior ST price is a bargain

Edited by Francis Albert

18 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

Rubbish !!  I had STs when living in Beaconsfield.  A mere hop skip & a jump to T5 to catch a plane. There at Tynie in no time at all.  Bloody expensive though 😜

Yeah,  I’d love to get a ST again tbh,  it’s just the practicalities.   I might dive back in though and go monthly.   Under consideration!   

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I never had an ST when I lived in Edinburgh. As an English colleague commented after taking in a game at Tynie in the late 70s you could lay out a camp bed on the terracing back then.  And I never needed an ST to get into a game until the Vlad era and have had an ST for over 15 years despite living on London. I used to get up to a game  once a month but age and Covid have put a stop to that. In fact the best value I have had from my ST has been from live coverage on Hearts TV of every home league game in the last two seasons  thanks to Covid. I will probably still renew in case of a tasty European game. The senior ST price is a bargain

Great effort over the years FA and glad something good has come out of Covid! I’ve been paying and watching via Hearts TV,  but would love to be at Tynie more often 👍

Hard boiled eggs and nuts
22 hours ago, Stevenage Jambo said:

St Venage, Herts

Stevenage also 

Portable Badger
3 hours ago, Gmcjambo said:

Yeah,  I’d love to get a ST again tbh,  it’s just the practicalities.   I might dive back in though and go monthly.   Under consideration!   

👍🏻

The personal pride you feel making all that effort to get back to watch games again is immense.   I had numerous chats with other Jambos on the flights and Edinburgh residents who were gobsmaked noticing how many of us regularly made the trip to watch Hearts.   Go on - get an ST again and feel alive again !!!!

Kalamazoo Jambo
8 hours ago, john47 said:

Wilmslow Cheshire

I worked in Wilsmslow (and lived in Alderley Edge) for a year or so back in the 90s. Nice area!

Burford Jamtart

So whose going to go up to Tynie to buy us all a bloody ticket for the final?  Nearest to the border?

CARDIFFBOY
4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Obviously not. Try suggesting in Wales that Wales counts as England.

Perhaps the OP should have said Jambos In Other Parts Of The UK? I am amazed at the number of our fans who travel long distances to watch Hearts, it’s bloody brilliant support. HHGH 

8 hours ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

Not in England but well south of Hadrians Wall, does Cardiff count?  HHGH Terry

Of course it (Cardiff) does count as England  …. in South Wales Cardiff is universally referred to as ‘Little England’!!

Especially by the ‘Jack Army’!

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

♥️♥️♥️♥️

5 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

You are correct - Hearts TV for ST holders has been fantastic!

I’ve watched more Hearts games since the pandemic started than I’ve done for years! Sadly not actually at Tynecastle!

And I must confess I’ve not used my season ticket once this season!

Dalstonjambo
23 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

Rubbish !!  I had STs when living in Beaconsfield.  A mere hop skip & a jump to T5 to catch a plane. There at Tynie in no time at all.  Bloody expensive though 😜

Season ticket holder in Amersham here! Had one since 2005 when I was a student in York. Moved back to London in 2007 and kept it since. Moved to Amersham 4 years ago so fly more than the train now. My avios take a doing but all worth it. 

Portable Badger
11 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Season ticket holder in Amersham here! Had one since 2005 when I was a student in York. Moved back to London in 2007 and kept it since. Moved to Amersham 4 years ago so fly more than the train now. My avios take a doing but all worth it. 

👍🏻

Had many a good night in Amersham

SwindonJambo

The rapidly growing village of Shrivenham in South West Oxfordshire (but very close to Swindon, Wilts), where I have lived since 1982, when just 14. I’m actually originally from Hamilton but one visit to Tynie for a crap 1-1 draw with Dundee in 1985 blew me away and enjambo’d me for life.

II’ll be at Humpdump on 21st, burning out my larynx with everyone else.

Edited by SwindonJambo

Doctor FinnBarr
On 08/05/2022 at 21:18, jambo-in-furness said:

Would you believe

Barrow in Furness.

Ran a pub there for about a year oooh 19 years ago now, Riflemans on Salthouse Road. Believe its flats now.

Near Darlington, North Yorkshire due to work. Been here a few years now. I meet jambos in passing every now and again.

Fxxx the SPFL
14 hours ago, Maroon tinted glasses 2 said:

Liverpool, Merseyside. 

did you go to Concert Square before we played the pool cracking atmosphere.

18 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

👍🏻

The personal pride you feel making all that effort to get back to watch games again is immense.   I had numerous chats with other Jambos on the flights and Edinburgh residents who were gobsmaked noticing how many of us regularly made the trip to watch Hearts.   Go on - get an ST again and feel alive again !!!!

Love your comments PB!  This thread in fact has really helped open my mind to how doable it is really.   Going to get a season ticket for me and my 11 yo daughter.  She will love Tynecastle so much and whilst she may not come all the time with me I’m going to aim for 9 matches a season which would be awesome.   Will also help me reconnect with some old school mates and see some family more often.    Think I need to wait until June for general sale but can’t wait to get it sorted! 

CARDIFFBOY
20 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

👍🏻

The respect from the locals to fellow Jambos who they know have travelled a bloody long way to watch Hearts is really something, at the end of the day we are all there because we love Heart Of Midlothian FC. HHGH   

Burford Jamtart
16 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

The rapidly growing village of Shrivenham in South West Oxfordshire (but very close to Swindon, Wilts), where I have lived since 1982, when just 14. I’m actually originally from Hamilton but one visit to Tynie for a crap 1-1 draw with Dundee in 1985 blew me away and enjambo’d me for life.

I work in Wanborough - I can pop around if you get a spare ticket!!!!!!  

SwindonJambo
21 minutes ago, Burford Jamtart said:

I work in Wanborough - I can pop around if you get a spare ticket!!!!!!  

Blimey - my brother's currently selling his house there! It's also my rat run of choice into Swindon whenever the A420's blocked, a regular occurrence these days. 

Unfortunately no spare tickets I'm afraid. I've been through Burford whenever I've used Ermin Street to head up to my sister's (she lives in Nottingham). Very picturesque wee place as I recall. Idyllic Cotswolds 👍

Burford Jamtart
12 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Blimey - my brother's currently selling his house there! It's also my rat run of choice into Swindon whenever the A420's blocked, a regular occurrence these days. 

Unfortunately no spare tickets I'm afraid. I've been through Burford whenever I've used Ermin Street to head up to my sister's (she lives in Nottingham). Very picturesque wee place as I recall. Idyllic Cotswolds 👍

It’s a small world, full of Jambos  - have a great trip up and back.

Stevenage Jambo
23 hours ago, Hard boiled eggs and nuts said:

Stevenage also 

Never knew there were more Jambo's in town

SwindonJambo
27 minutes ago, Burford Jamtart said:

It’s a small world, full of Jambos  - have a great trip up and back.

Ta - I'll try 👍 We're everywhere 😊 Despite leaving so young, my original Lanarkshire accent has hardly moved. As you can imagine, people expect me to be either Septic or Dangers and I take great delight in telling them neither. 

On 08/05/2022 at 21:18, jambo-in-furness said:

Would you believe

Barrow in Furness.

My brother lives in Askam

18 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

The guy who manages our over 50's football team at RWBT FC lives there...or maybe Watchfield

Finlay James
12 minutes ago, Luton Jambo said:

Luton, Bedfordshire.

I used to work in Luton and saw a lad out running with his Hearts kit on.  He was a bit startled when I drove past shouting “Come on the Jam Tarts” as I’m guessing he doesn’t hear that too often around Marsh Farm 😅

SwindonJambo
3 minutes ago, moonraker said:

The guy who manages our over 50's football team at RWBT FC lives there...or maybe Watchfield

Ah, the now Royal Wooton Bassett. I walked into Watchfield last night. I might end up moving there at some point- you get a lot more house for your money there than here in Shriv. I take it your username is after Gorse Hill's famous pub?