Real Madrid v Manchester City (Champions League, tonight, 4th May)

Morgan

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

I'm in Madrid and it's late and I'm drunk. Can explain more tomorrow but don't believe all you read.

Buenas noches y Hala Madrid!

🍻😀lucky you!! Enjoy man

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

• The Ultimate Worrier

• neilnunb

Arthur Morgan
22 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

You’d think so but Real have been sensational this season

If they win it, it will probably be the most impressive CL win in history given the route they have had to the final. 

The Ultimate Worrier
6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

🍻😀lucky you!! Enjoy man

Cheers mate!

1 hour ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

Revenge for what? He tried to foul a much bigger, stronger and more streetwise bloke and came off second best. That bloke is not even at Madrid anymore.

7461777B-876C-4415-BCA9-326759BF7914.jpeg

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

If they win it, it will probably be the most impressive CL win in history given the route they have had to the final. 

It’s probably one of their least star studded sides of recent memory for me anyway but has absolute rolls royces in modric and kroos. Phenomenal footballers. Benzema has came into his own now too now he seems to be their main man. 
Rodrygo looks a player. 

They’re so open these days…i do enjoy how the best teams in the world now are all so attack minded. 

Edited by jack D and coke

The Ultimate Worrier
16 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

7461777B-876C-4415-BCA9-326759BF7914.jpeg

Watch it properly. Salah grabs the arm of Ramos first but comes off second best.

Also look out for Virgil Van Dijk pushing Ramos into Karius and Kariu

suffering a head injury in the process.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, RobNox said:

Whatever people's views are on this, I'm glad Real Madrid won tonight.  Not anything to do with being anti-Man City or pro-Real Madrid, but I can't help feeling it diminishes the competition when you have 2 finalists from the same country.  Had Villareal beaten Liverpool last night, I'd have been rooting for City tonight.

You could also say that neither of the finalists were Champions last season. 

Pasquale for King

Peps record in the CL needs some serious scrutiny, up there with Mourinho now as six times semi final losers. With the money he’s spent at Bayern and City it’s just not good enough.
Ancelotti in his fifth final as a manager, a new record. 
Let’s hope Liverpool win and Klopp is confirmed as the best manager in world football which he undoubtedly is. 

JimmyCant
2 hours ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

I think you ought to do the same and not believe the urban myths about Franco, the banks, the Spanish Government or the Spanish Royal Family.

So when I’m reading various respectable sources about the Spanish Government being found guilty of illegally assisting 7 football clubs, mainly Real Madrid, that’s an urban myth ?

When I’ve previously read respectable sources about various publicly documented dodgy land deals between Real Madrid and local government, which resulted in RM clearing £250 million in debt, that’s an urban myth ?

vegas-voss

Everybody gets carried away in the era of Klopp and Pep but **** me what a manager Ancelotti.Only guy to win the league in the top 5 rated countries a European Cup winner.Feck me he even had Everton looking decent before he left.

Hope Liverpool win it. Not a fan, but I do like Klopp. shows you can be successful and be likeable as a football manager. 

8 hours ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

Yeah...

Won't be in the final though.

Well spotted 😎. It's a funny old game right enough. The better team over the two legs went out. UnReal certainly have the football gods looking after them. We know teams can come back from 2 down in injury time but never seen a comeback like that having not troubled ederson once in the first 89.5 minutes 

TuckerCarlsonsToupee
7 hours ago, RobNox said:

stench alert

Wait, admiring the “never say die” attitude of a side who were 2-0, 3-1, 4-2, 5-3 down and who found a way to still win a Champions League semi-final is now, in your eyes, evidence of supporting Hibs?  A side who, let none of us forget, contrive to find ways not to win important fixtures on a, seemingly, weekly basis.  I’m not sure what it was you think I said, Rob, but whatever it was…it wasn’t.  It is possible to show admiration for other teams results, history and culture, without supporting them or denigrating your own clubs results, history and culture.  

7 hours ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

Real Madrid fan owned. Liverpool owned by American billionaires...

So many inaccuracies in there it's hard to know where to start.

Real Madrid Francos team, always been fascists.

I think you ought to do the same and not believe the urban myths about Franco, the banks, the Spanish Government or the Spanish Royal Family.

None so blind.

2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Everybody gets carried away in the era of Klopp and Pep but **** me what a manager Ancelotti.Only guy to win the league in the top 5 rated countries a European Cup winner.Feck me he even had Everton looking decent before he left.

Totally agree mate. Maybe if you’re of a certain age you appreciate him more?

Won more CLs than PG. 

colinmaroon

No, just the history which, by the way, is not a subjective, revisionist opinion but based on extensive objective data from multiple sources.

Revenge for what? He tried to foul a much bigger, stronger and more streetwise bloke and came off second best. That bloke is not even at Madrid anymore.

vegas-voss
11 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Totally agree mate. Maybe if you’re of a certain age you appreciate him more?

Won more CLs than PG. 

First guy to appear in 5 finals now as well

John Findlay

Real Madrid fan owned. Liverpool owned by American billionaires...

So many inaccuracies in there it's hard to know where to start.

If there are so many inaccuracies, why don't you enlighten us all with the facts?

Or as I suspect you are just full of bullshit.

Under the floodlight

3 of the semi final teams were the super league wannabees, the European equivalent to the OF.The demise of these clubs can't come to soon for me.

Wee Mikey
10 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Pep must be in the running for the h1b5 job after such a spectacular hibsing 

😆🤣 The match was already 'in the bag' until 89:21 & 90:50 and that was after a decent save, a goal-line clearance, and a shot diverted by what looked like the 'keeper's studs. Unbeleivable stuff.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Thought City were rotten in extra time just never created or looked like scoring , don't think Real keeper had anything to do, Pep will be out the door if he doesn't win the league, just shows you how overrated football player's are, 100 million for Jack Grealish, nice hair though

Carlo Ancelotti has an incredible record getting results and had his team well versed last night especially when going in front, the final could well go to penalties 

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Thought City were rotten in extra time just never created or looked like scoring , don't think Real keeper had anything to do, Pep will be out the door if he doesn't win the league, just shows you how overrated football player's are, 100 million for Jack Grealish, nice hair though

Carlo Ancelotti has an incredible record getting results and had his team well versed last night especially when going in front, the final could well go to penalties 

In fairness, the second half of extra time was a farce. Reckon there was about 5 mins of football played and should easily have been 5/6 additional minutes added. 

Grealish looked like he was going to justify his value in the second half after he came on as he was excellent but struggled when Real packed the defence in ET

The Ultimate Worrier
6 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

So when I’m reading various respectable sources about the Spanish Government being found guilty of illegally assisting 7 football clubs, mainly Real Madrid, that’s an urban myth ?

When I’ve previously read respectable sources about various publicly documented dodgy land deals between Real Madrid and local government, which resulted in RM clearing £250 million in debt, that’s an urban myth ?

Not as clear cut as that. There was a tax regime that was designed to attract highly paid talent into the country which some clubs took advantage of. As you say, Real Madrid weren't the only one.

The local council and the training ground thing is not exactly state aid. 

56 minutes ago, briever said:

Real Madrid Francos team, always been fascists.

Atlético were the team of his air force. He bailed Barça out to stop them going bust, helped build their stadium and bent the rules to help them sign Kubala but aye, Real Madrid was his team...

36 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

No, just the history which, by the way, is not a subjective, revisionist opinion but based on extensive objective data from multiple sources.

Quite ironic. It sounds like you really know nothing about Spanish history.

24 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

If there are so many inaccuracies, why don't you enlighten us all with the facts?

Or as I suspect you are just full of bullshit.

It's a long story mate. Not quite sure if there's a need for your aggressive tone either.

Howdy Doody Jambo
8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

In fairness, the second half of extra time was a farce. Reckon there was about 5 mins of football played and should easily have been 5/6 additional minutes added. 

Grealish looked like he was going to justify his value in the second half after he came on as he was excellent but struggled when Real packed the defence in ET

There should have been about 6 minutes added in extra time for the gamesmanship of Real, they knew what to do to tick the clock down and win the game due to the manager Ancelotti, City only had that back post effort but never threatened 

Edited by The Maroon Pound

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

Not as clear cut as that. There was a tax regime that was designed to attract highly paid talent into the country which some clubs took advantage of. As you say, Real Madrid weren't the only one.

The local council and the training ground thing is not exactly state aid. 

Atlético were the team of his air force. He bailed Barça out to stop them going bust, helped build their stadium and bent the rules to help them sign Kubala but aye, Real Madrid was his team...

Quite ironic. It sounds like you really know nothing about Spanish history.

It's a long story mate. Not quite sure if there's a need for your aggressive tone either.

I'm all ears, enlighten me and others.

The Ultimate Worrier
2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

👍

4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

He has quite the line in bluster.

The Ultimate Worrier
6 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

There should have been about 6 minutes added in extra time for the gamesmanship of Real, they knew what to do to tick the clock down and win the game due to the manager Ancelotti, City only had that back post effort but never threatened 

City did exactly the same in the second leg at Atlético. When it's a British team doing it it's intelligent play but a European side does it and it's cheating foreigners.

Anyway, City were wasting time from the first minute last night. It was like Hibs in the two 0-0 draws this season.

The Ultimate Worrier
1 minute ago, briever said:

He has quite the line in bluster.

Not really mate. You're calling Madrid a fascist team because of a vile dictator who died nearly 50 (FIFTY) years ago. He should be remembered for all of the horrible things he did, not because he supposedly had a favourite team. There's also a lot of evidence that he benefitted far more from Real Madrid than they did from him but the "Franco's team" stuff has just grown and grown over the years.

You call Liverpool a lefty club yet it is owned by American billionaires. 

1 minute ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

Not really mate. You're calling Madrid a fascist team because of a vile dictator who died nearly 50 (FIFTY) years ago. He should be remembered for all of the horrible things he did, not because he supposedly had a favourite team. There's also a lot of evidence that he benefitted far more from Real Madrid than they did from him but the "Franco's team" stuff has just grown and grown over the years.

You call Liverpool a lefty club yet it is owned by American billionaires. 

I didn't call them a lefty club.

Madrid is still full of fascists, as we saw when they were cracking Catalan skulls a few years ago.

The Ultimate Worrier
12 minutes ago, briever said:

I didn't call them a lefty club.

Madrid is still full of fascists, as we saw when they were cracking Catalan skulls a few years ago.

Apologies, that was another poster.

I think you're getting a bit mixed up with that last sentence though.

RustyRightPeg
7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Peps record in the CL needs some serious scrutiny, up there with Mourinho now as six times semi final losers. With the money he’s spent at Bayern and City it’s just not good enough.
Ancelotti in his fifth final as a manager, a new record. 
Let’s hope Liverpool win and Klopp is confirmed as the best manager in world football which he undoubtedly is. 

Yep. I was given a tough time last night for calling him out last night. 

Mikey1874
8 hours ago, benny said:

A sore one even though it was one of the great two legs of semi final football ever.

UEFA want to scrap the 2 leg semi finals and play one off games with final in one week like they did for Covid. 

Might be a bit harder now. 

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I’m not sure what it is but there’s something not right, his casual attitude afterwards was a bit bizarre. If I was a City fan I wouldn’t be happy with it at all. 

45 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I think his teams are well coached and played great football at times, but every club he's managed at he's had an armchair ride.  

There is a great shot of him sitting down after the Real pen - he's shutdown, resigned himself to the result.  Almost as if he hadn't predicted this was going to happen and therefore why was it.

Bull's-eye

Hilarious thread !

Good couple of games and Citeh should have gone through and if they played that very poor Real Madrid team every week, they'd probably beat them every week. Bizarre refereeing at times, but that's the pressure off a massive game.

Calling for Peps head !! 😆😆😆😆😆😆 Batshit crazy chat from the usual subjects.

Liverpool will be strong favourites now, they won't sit on a couple of goals cushion. High scoring final ahead I reckon.

McGlynn The Money
3 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Hilarious thread !

Good couple of games and Citeh should have gone through and if they played that very poor Real Madrid team every week, they'd probably beat them every week. Bizarre refereeing at times, but that's the pressure off a massive game.

Calling for Peps head !! 😆😆😆😆😆😆 Batshit crazy chat from the usual subjects.

Liverpool will be strong favourites now, they won't sit on a couple of goals cushion. High scoring final ahead I reckon.

That "very poor Madrid team" that wrapped up their domestic title in April.

Has the top scorer in the Champions League with 14 goals, Karim Benzema.

Arguably the best goalkeeper in the world in Courtois.

Top class players with bags of experience like Modric, Kroos, Casemiro and Alaba.

Exciting young talents like Vini, Rodrygo, Camavinga and Valverde.

Maybe football isn't for you if you think they are very poor.

Bull's-eye
3 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

That "very poor Madrid team" that wrapped up their domestic title in April.

Has the top scorer in the Champions League with 14 goals, Karim Benzema.

Arguably the best goalkeeper in the world in Courtois.

Top class players with bags of experience like Modric, Kroos, Casemiro and Alaba.

Exciting young talents like Vini, Rodrygo, Camavinga and Valverde.

Maybe football isn't for you if you think they are very poor.

😆😆😆😆😆😆 Ul gee up then Einstein, thanks for advice.

McGlynn The Money
4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

😆😆😆😆😆😆 Ul gee up then Einstein, thanks for advice.

Bull's-eye? Ya *****, more like bull$4!t.

#lmfao #rotfl #lol

Only jesting of course.

Mikey1874

Will be like Jim McLean and the Scottish Cup. Next Man City manager will win Champions League in first season. 

RustyRightPeg
52 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not sure what it is but there’s something not right, his casual attitude afterwards was a bit bizarre. If I was a City fan I wouldn’t be happy with it at all. 

The laughing and smiling. The huge hugs for his players on the pitch. Camera work, very odd. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him go in the summer. 

They made 3 awful mistakes for the 3 goals. First goal is poor reaction to a floated back post cross allowing the right winger to come right across the whole defence. Second goal, Grealish showing what he is, lazy. His matador defence letting two players run by him and allowing a cross in which ended up in a free header between his two centre halves somehow and the penalty is naive defending. He should be absolutely slaughtering them. To concede 3 goals in 10 minutes is criminal and shouldn’t really happen at any level, never mind from a defence costing in the region of £200M. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

The laughing and smiling. The huge hugs for his players on the pitch. Camera work, very odd. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him go in the summer. 

They made 3 awful mistakes for the 3 goals. First goal is poor reaction to a floated back post cross allowing the right winger to come right across the whole defence. Second goal, Grealish showing what he is, lazy. His matador defence letting two players run by him and allowing a cross in which ended up in a free header between his two centre halves somehow and the penalty is naive defending. He should be absolutely slaughtering them. To concede 3 goals in 10 minutes is criminal and shouldn’t really happen at any level, never mind from a defence costing in the region of £200M. 

If he can’t lift his players for the league run in he’ll be finished at City.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Spot on, you can’t lose 6 goals in a CL semi final and expect to progress. 
They should win the league but the usual trip to see the money men in the summer won’t be as relaxed after this. 

5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

If he can’t lift his players for the league run in he’ll be finished at City.

Liverpool v Spurs - Man City v Newcastle
Aston Villa v Liverpool - Wolves v Man City
Southampton v Liverpool - West Ham v Man City
Liverpool v Wolves - Man City v Aston Villa

Similar run ins - it's citeh's to lose.

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He's a dead man walking, he must know it.

He's been there 6 years with all the money in the world and he keeps failing at the big target. He's pissed a 9 figure sum on a player who didn't even start and made no difference when he came on, they still don't have a proper striker. It's actually pretty ridiculous when you think about it.