Real Madrid v Manchester City (Champions League, tonight, 4th May)

Morgan

McManaman making sure everyone knows City just lost and lost woefully 😂

Lescot looks beat and he didn't play.  

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

• The Ultimate Worrier

• neilnunb

therefsajambo

Five live guys were the same  til 90 mins then it just got hilarious for half an hour 

The Ultimate Worrier
1 hour ago, mre said:

Man city got another gear or two, not needed them. Totally controlled it. 

Yeah...

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

Bernado Silva lovely stuff. 

Won't be in the final though.

Des Lynam

At least we'll be spared super bell end fan Noel Gallagher thoughts from Paris. Talking about bellends....Rio Ferdinand :rofl:

stevie1874
2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

At least we'll be spared super bell end fan Noel Gallagher thoughts from Paris. Talking about bellends....Rio Ferdinand :rofl:

Annoyed at something Lescott said to him?

Mikey1874

The problem playing Madrid is the foundation with Modric, Kroos and Casemiro are so strong. 

And now Vinicius Junior is unplayable now he's learnt to play more simply and with Rodrygo and Benzema they now have an X factor. Backed up by likes of Valverde and Camavinga. 

I do think Liverpool are a good side though. 

Klopp v Ancelotti is up there as one of the best match ups. 

Edited by Mikey1874

The Ultimate Worrier
8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Salah to reap his revenge on Real

Revenge for what? He tried to foul a much bigger, stronger and more streetwise bloke and came off second best. That bloke is not even at Madrid anymore.

Funny team Madrid but for the first time in the last few European games they  actually defended better, otherwise they’ve looked wide open in previous games.

A top technical team though with a never-say-die attitude.  It’s too easy to say Liverpool have got it in the bag because Real can be slack at the back.  

GlasgoJambo
3 minutes ago, FWJ said:

😁         It’s great, innit?

for all the vulgarity of the Champions League and what it represents it does produce magical moments.

The wife came through at 10 to tell me that friends of mine were finally on Grand Designs

09DA9955-735E-465E-9A0A-32A122E93DC0.gif

15 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Spending £100M on Jack Grealish should be the nail in his city coffin IMO. Utterly tragic signing. 

Spot on.  They didn't need Grealish, they have several players who can play that sort of role.  Add another £50m to that fee and they could have got Kane, who would have made a much bigger impact as they didn't have an out and out finisher, and Kane contributes more than just goals to Spurs.

jack D and coke

City are fake and pumped up on steroids so **** them. Madrid have cheated the game for years bailed out by Spanish govt etc. 

Champions league is a load of bolloks. 
Great to watch that was though. 

The Ultimate Worrier

So that's fan owned and run Real Madrid knocked out PSG and their Qatari oil money, Chelsea and their Russian oil money and Man City and their Abu Dhabi oil money. Now all that stands between them and yet another European Cup is mega rich Yank owned kid on "club of the people" Liverpool.

JimmyCant

Really poor defending at the end from City. Surely if your defending a 2 goal cushion going into injury time you can keep the ball better than that and failing to stop the 2 crosses was just farcical

Malinga the Swinga

Madrid had no chance against PSG but got through.

Madrid had no chance against Chelsea but got through.

Madrid had no chance against Man City but got through.

Now pundits saying Madrid have no chance against Liverpool.

You can't count them out though.

JimmyCant
1 minute ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

So that's fan owned and run Real Madrid knocked out PSG and their Qatari oil money, Chelsea and their Russian oil money and Man City and their Abu Dhabi oil money. Now all that stands between them and yet another European Cup is mega rich Yank owned kid on "club of the people" Liverpool.

I think you ought to delve a bit deeper into Real Madrid’s shady financial history

The Ultimate Worrier
4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

City are fake and pumped up on steroids so **** them. Madrid have cheated the game for years bailed out by Spanish govt etc. 

Champions league is a load of bolloks. 
Great to watch that was though. 

So much bullshit in that second sentence. It's amazing how people still believe that nonsense.

Unknown user
32 minutes ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

Hate to say I told you so but...

Oh I don't care either way, I did enjoy the Stuart Hall style though!

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

So much bullshit in that second sentence. It's amazing how people still believe that nonsense.

Bit touchy there chief :lol: didn’t expect  to find a Real Madrid die hard on a hearts message board but there you go. 
Both the Spanish giants are riddled with debt. 
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/real-madrid-transfer-news-mbappe-24837253.amp

Edited by jack D and coke

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Exactly. 

No matter who wins or loses the CL games from about the quarters onwards, you just know there are going to be Chinese, Zimbabwean and American blokes crying themselves to sleep after their heroes fail to deliver. The only saving grace is that they can head to the shops the following morning and buy a new shirt with the name on the back of the guy that scored the goal that knocked out their previous favourites.

Utter dicks. That’s what they are. 

45 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Some game!

:wow: 

First leg was incredible, I was almost expecting the 2nd leg to be a damp squib, couldn't possibly match the drama of the first leg.  When City went ahead it looked that way, but I still thought you cannot write this Madrid team off. 

Heading into the 90th minute, I thought maybe you can write them off, then they pull a goal back and I'm thinking surely not again.  And they did it again.

The Ultimate Worrier
9 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I think you ought to delve a bit deeper into Real Madrid’s shady financial history

I think you ought to do the same and not believe the urban myths about Franco, the banks, the Spanish Government or the Spanish Royal Family.

1 hour ago, TuckerCarlsonsToupee said:

What must it be like to support a team who never, ever, accept that they are beaten.

stench alert

The Ultimate Worrier
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Oh I don't care either way, I did enjoy the Stuart Hall style though!

Thanks! I'm wasted on here. Or just wasted...

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Bit touchy there chief :lol: didn’t expect  to find a Real Madrid die hard on a hearts message board but there you go. 
Both the Spanish giants are riddled with debt. 
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/real-madrid-transfer-news-mbappe-24837253.amp

Not exactly a die hard but used to live in Madrid so know more about the club than the nonsense we get fed in the UK by the likes of 442.

The Mirror is not exactly the most reliable source but Madrid's financial situation is light years better than Barcelona's.

Weakened Offender
12 minutes ago, briever said:

Hopefully Liverpool pump the fascists.

This. 

Lefty Liverpool for me too.

22 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Spot on.  They didn't need Grealish, they have several players who can play that sort of role.  Add another £50m to that fee and they could have got Kane, who would have made a much bigger impact as they didn't have an out and out finisher, and Kane contributes more than just goals to Spurs.

They’re getting that Haaland he’ll out score Kane in the prem imo.

I reckon this time next year Grealish will be back at Villa on loan.

Arthur Morgan
10 minutes ago, RobNox said:

First leg was incredible, I was almost expecting the 2nd leg to be a damp squib, couldn't possibly match the drama of the first leg.  When City went ahead it looked that way, but I still thought you cannot write this Madrid team off. 

Heading into the 90th minute, I thought maybe you can write them off, then they pull a goal back and I'm thinking surely not again.  And they did it again.

Look at the goal times, they basically scored 3 goals in 5 mins! Crazy! 

jack D and coke

Thanks! I'm wasted on here. Or just wasted...

Not exactly a die hard but used to live in Madrid so know more about the club than the nonsense we get fed in the UK by the likes of 442.

The Mirror is not exactly the most reliable source but Madrid's financial situation is light years better than Barcelona's.

Fair enough man you’ll know more than me then. I don’t read 442 but they were a billion euros in debt a few years ago and they had to sell their training ground or whatever to Madrid council then to run up nearly a billion euros debt again doesn’t say fair play to me. I remember reading a German newspaper article about how basically in the financial crisis they (spain) received billions from Germany to basically keep their teams artificially best in Europe. Barca maybe worse but these teams have cheated us all. Maybe not in the past

we all know Real are one the worlds greats but in the last 20 odd years these teams have cheated the game. 

Fair play it ain’t. 

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

I think you ought to do the same and not believe the urban myths about Franco, the banks, the Spanish Government or the Spanish Royal Family.

They were ordered to pay back millions in state aid by the EU a few years ago weren't they?

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Ach, they're just buying a 'product', in the same way they might buy an iPhone or pair of Nike shoes. That's what modern football 'support' is, and it only gets worse at the higher levels. Essentially supporting a brand. 

You see it every week in the tourist EPL. 
At times I’m glad Scotlands game still feels real. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Fair enough man you’ll know more than me then. I don’t read 442 but they were a billion euros in debt a few years ago and they had to sell their training ground or whatever to Madrid council then to run up nearly a billion euros debt again doesn’t say fair play to me. I remember reading a German newspaper article about how basically in the financial crisis they (spain) received billions from Germany to basically keep their teams artificially best in Europe. Barca maybe worse but these teams have cheated us all. Maybe not in the past

we all know Real are one the worlds greats but in the last 20 odd years these teams have cheated the game. 

Fair play it ain’t. 

This is quite a read, I believe thesev are the dealings they were ordered to pay back on

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/state-aid-for-madrid-s-santiago-bernabeu-stadium-it-s-all-about-the-real-estate-8557549.html

Bazzas right boot

Think Liverpool might batter them in the final. 

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I’m fairly sure I’ll have got some figures wrong but this all rings bells. They’re not alone obviously. 

Whatever people's views are on this, I'm glad Real Madrid won tonight.  Not anything to do with being anti-Man City or pro-Real Madrid, but I can't help feeling it diminishes the competition when you have 2 finalists from the same country.  Had Villareal beaten Liverpool last night, I'd have been rooting for City tonight.

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Liverpool are winning it, didn't matter who went through tonight.

You’d think so but Real have been sensational this season. 
As much as the EPL feels touristy and shite these days Liverpool are one of the last real clubs in England think. Of the top clubs I mean. 
I don’t support an English club but as a youngster Dalglish etc we’re huge favourites. Like Klopp etc too and you have to admire how he’s kept liverpool at it.
The levels are insane. 

Edited by jack D and coke

The Ultimate Worrier
32 minutes ago, briever said:

Hopefully Liverpool pump the fascists.

19 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

This. 

Lefty Liverpool for me too.

Real Madrid fan owned. Liverpool owned by American billionaires...

17 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Fair play it ain’t. 

16 minutes ago, Smithee said:

They were ordered to pay back millions in state aid by the EU a few years ago weren't they?

So many inaccuracies in there it's hard to know where to start.

jack D and coke

Real Madrid fan owned. Liverpool owned by American billionaires...

Well we don’t work for Real Madrid so we can only go on media reports. 
Im all ears if you want to straighten it out man. I’m not a hater of these teams but you read stuff about enormous debts while winning the top prizes. 

Unknown user
Just now, The Ultimate Worrier said:

They were ordered to pay back millions in state aid though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36706262

"Four clubs including Real Madrid were charged a lower corporation tax rate normally applicable to non-profit organisations, rather than being treated as commercial companies, for more than 20 years.

Under EU law, governments may not distort competition through their provision of state aid to commercial enterprises.

The investigation also concluded:

Real Madrid must repay €18.4m (£15.4m) it received from the city council as compensation for a land transfer that fell through"

The Ultimate Worrier
6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Well we don’t work for Real Madrid so we can only go on media reports. 
Im all ears if you want to straighten it out man. I’m not a hater of these teams but you read stuff about enormous debts while winning the top prizes. 

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

They were ordered to pay back millions in state aid though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36706262

"Four clubs including Real Madrid were charged a lower corporation tax rate normally applicable to non-profit organisations, rather than being treated as commercial companies, for more than 20 years.

Under EU law, governments may not distort competition through their provision of state aid to commercial enterprises.

The investigation also concluded:

Real Madrid must repay €18.4m (£15.4m) it received from the city council as compensation for a land transfer that fell through"

I'm in Madrid and it's late and I'm drunk. Can explain more tomorrow but don't believe all you read.

Buenas noches y Hala Madrid!