Real Madrid v Manchester City (Champions League, tonight, 4th May)

Morgan

Unknown user
12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Confirmed Liverpool are getting 19,618 tickets for final at 75,000 capacity stadium in Paris. 

Hospitality tickets available from £4,178. 

Still too many scousers in one place if you ask me.

Forts an prairs Parish

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

• The Ultimate Worrier

• neilnunb

The Old Tolbooth
15 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

He will be the best manager they will ever manage to get imo. 

I'm not so sure mate, he's now lost more CL semi finals than any other manager in the game ever, and he's got absolutely zero track record of building a club up like quite a few managers have done, I reckon Tuchel would be a perfect fit for City, he's a much better manager than Pep, obviously Klopp is the best on the planet right now, but Tuchel isn't far behind I don't think, there's something about him that I really like, but I wouldn't even have Pep anywhere near the top 5, City can do much better than him without spending the sort of cash that they've wasted. 

AlimOzturk
4 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I'm not so sure mate, he's now lost more CL semi finals than any other manager in the game ever, and he's got absolutely zero track record of building a club up like quite a few managers have done, I reckon Tuchel would be a perfect fit for City, he's a much better manager than Pep, obviously Klopp is the best on the planet right now, but Tuchel isn't far behind I don't think, there's something about him that I really like, but I wouldn't even have Pep anywhere near the top 5, City can do much better than him without spending the sort of cash that they've wasted. 

Despite their money and recent success there is nothing glamorous about Man City. Their recent history is fake and as a soon as the Arabs disappear once they are bored so wil Man City. 

They will find it hard to attract someone like Pep again imo. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Despite their money and recent success there is nothing glamorous about Man City. Their recent history is fake and as a soon as the Arabs disappear once they are bored so wil Man City. 

They will find it hard to attract someone like Pep again imo. 

I agree, but I don't see the Arabs going anywhere soon, they're building something pretty good for the blue half of Manchester, the ground, the community work, the training centre, the youth development, it's a proper infrastructure in place now, and they'd be mad to walk away from what they've started to build so far, I'm no fan of City, but the Arab money has turned peoples lives around in Manchester for sure. 

McGlynn The Money
On 05/05/2022 at 12:21, John Findlay said:

If you can argue that Courtois is the best goalkeeper in the world, then I suggest you go into politics.

I can argue that at least he'll be going to a final at the end of the season.

John Findlay
1 minute ago, McGlynn The Money said:

I can argue that at least he'll be going to a final at the end of the season.

He's not the only one. Argue away until your heart is content.

McGlynn The Money
5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

He's not the only one. Argue away until your heart is content.

You won't be though.

John Findlay
1 minute ago, McGlynn The Money said:

You won't be though.

🤣

22 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

They sell 12,000 tickets to anyone (now closed) and 23,000 go to associations, sponsors etc. 

Equivalent would be us getting around 12,000 for Cup final. 

The Europa final is going to be a disaster for fans - ground only takes 43.8k and Frankfurt fans are as rabid as the Huns without the sectarianism.

23 hours ago, briever said:

The Europa final is going to be a disaster for fans - ground only takes 43.8k and Frankfurt fans are as rabid as the Huns without the sectarianism.

You are correct, Frankfurt have a fantastic support. I went and watched them play Wolfsburg in a run of the mill league game and they were bouncing. I don't expect ranger to have the upper hand in regards to the support behind them and I expect them to lose over 90 minutes tbh

On 05/05/2022 at 07:12, TuckerCarlsonsToupee said:

Wait, admiring the “never say die” attitude of a side who were 2-0, 3-1, 4-2, 5-3 down and who found a way to still win a Champions League semi-final is now, in your eyes, evidence of supporting Hibs?  A side who, let none of us forget, contrive to find ways not to win important fixtures on a, seemingly, weekly basis.  I’m not sure what it was you think I said, Rob, but whatever it was…it wasn’t.  It is possible to show admiration for other teams results, history and culture, without supporting them or denigrating your own clubs results, history and culture.  

Apologies bud, for some reason I interpreted your post as being some sort of backhanded dig at us and coupled with your low post count I put 2 and 2 together and got 5.  Probably not helped by my having had a few beers while watching Citeh capitulate.

FWIW, I thought you were more likely Hun than Hibs, though I doubt that's much consolation 😁  Apologies again for any offence caused.

• 2 weeks later...
McGlynn The Money
On 06/05/2022 at 14:53, briever said:

Well done Frankfurt.

• 2 weeks later...
McGlynn The Money
On 05/05/2022 at 11:21, John Findlay said:

If you can argue that Courtois is the best goalkeeper in the world, then I suggest you go into politics.

On 05/05/2022 at 11:30, dougal said:

Courtois isn't even the best goalkeeper in Madrid.

Kickback posters in knowing absolutely nothing about football shocker. Read all about it.

7 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Kickback posters in knowing absolutely nothing about football shocker. Read all about it.

True.

If you saw his interview he's been reading Kickback.

John Findlay
10 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Every dog has its day. I've seen some shite Hearts goalkeepers play blinders.

Courtois had one of those games last night. That's fitbaw.

McGlynn The Money
26 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Every dog has its day. I've seen some shite Hearts goalkeepers play blinders.

Courtois had one of those games last night. That's fitbaw.

He's been putting in displays like that for the last three or four seasons. You really are a slaver.

John Findlay
47 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

He's been putting in displays like that for the last three or four seasons. You really are a slaver.

Aye right. The only slaver here is yourself.

Courtois made two very good saves - Mané first half and Salah with his arm second half. Otherwise fairly routine. 

I thought Carvajal and Valverde were Madrid's best players. 

McGlynn The Money
6 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Aye right. The only slaver here is yourself.

Great reply, Oscar Wilde.

5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Courtois made two very good saves - Mané first half and Salah with his arm second half. Otherwise fairly routine. 

I thought Carvajal and Valverde were Madrid's best players. 

Exactly. 

Aye, they were immense. Fede is a beast.