Berra wants coaching return

bmeikle

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

CL Likley has credit in the bank with thec2x 3rd place finishes and even 6thbpkace finish. 

He was then dismissed in game 11 orc. 

We never finished bottom under CL either. 

Stendel gets way too much respect on here. 

Nice guy, couple of good results but he Litterally made a CL team in free fall worse. 

Quite an achievement. 

Berra with all his Hearts history gets trashed. 

Quite sad how some turn on our own so easy. 

:laugh:

You're obsessed with slating Stendel and trying to pin all the failures on him, while letting Levein and past-it-shite like Berra off the hook because you think they're good honest Hearts men. Berra has shown anything but that since being booted out the door, and for that reason it seems like most on this forum don't want him back as a coach.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Sooks

• A_A wehatethehibs

• kila

Berra was a legend in the making. What happened at the end doesn't undo all his good work. It does highlight that he lacks professionalism and is potentially a disruptive character in the dressing room. Would I have him back? Personally, no I wouldn't. Stevo and Webster redeemed themselves and if Berra shows somewhere else he can offer us something then who knows but until then his work here is done imo.

Unknown user
Just now, Taffin said:

Berra was a legend in the making. What happened at the end doesn't undo all his good work. It does highlight that he lacks professionalism and is potentially a disruptive character in the dressing room. Would I have him back? Personally, no I wouldn't. Stevo and Webster redeemed themselves and if Berra shows somewhere else he can offer us something then who knows but until then his work here is done imo.

I think that's fair, that's how I feel about Elvis these days right enough.

A no from me too. He mostly played very well for the club, but that ending didn't sit well with me. He didn't carry himself particularly well during it, imo, and I would prefer not to have attitudes like that at the club. All the best to him elsewhere as a coach though, and I would welcome him back to Tynie at any time as an ex-player and legend.

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, kila said:

:laugh:

You're obsessed with slating Stendel and trying to pin all the failures on him, while letting Levein and past-it-shite like Berra off the hook because you think they're good honest Hearts men. Berra has shown anything but that since being booted out the door, and for that reason it seems like most on this forum don't want him back as a coach.

Levein was shite at the end. 

Stendel was worse 

What has Berra done that is so bad that he is not welcome at Hearts anymore? 

Nonesense and emotional drivel that shows a strange need to slag something or someone from Hearts. 

Kind of folk that moved from Ann to CL, CL to Bob, to walker, to whoever etc. 

Just so they can spit venom at someone. 

Berra is probably seen as a link to CL so it let's some get their jollies to slag him and say he's not welcome back. 

All because he called out a shite manager and never went rage at a offside decision while on sky sports. It's ridiculous. 

I'd question Berras value as a coach, but as a ex Hearts man he's always welcome despite what some say. 

A lot ot of pant wetting piss with an agenda that is pretty clear. 

At least folk have moved on from Bob. 

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's hard to know now, I reckon we plummeted because we had a six yard box haunted by the ghost of a shit keeper and a manager who kept picking him.

😂😂

" Six yard box Haunted by the ghost..." 

🤣🤣🤣😭

👍

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Never say never and I’ve wished him well in his coaching career. I hope he gets the Raith job, either as head coach or assistant or whatever, and does well. But can understand why some fans really are very cold towards him. He has to prove what he can do now outside the club and maybe one day he’ll be in the frame for a role here whether as an assistant or head coach. 

Yeah, no idea how he will get on as a coach or  a manager and his performance should determine where he goes in the future. 

But as a ex Hearts player he'll always be welcome here. 

Captain Lithuania

He needs to apologise for his carry on when he covered the games against Celtic, then we’ll talk. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

He needs to apologise for his carry on when he covered the games against Celtic, then we’ll talk. 

Does he ****. 

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Does he ****. 

What was it you were saying about maturity and emotions earlier

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Sooks said:

Don't think I mentioned maturity. 

Mature folk can swear tho. 

Point stands tho, he doesn't need to Appoligies for the sky punditry before he's welcomed back. 

Laughable notion. 

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Don't think I mentioned maturity. 

Mature folk can swear tho. 

Point stands tho, he doesn't need to Appoligies for the sky punditry before he's welcomed back. 

Laughable notion. 

You must have meant grown men in a different context to maturity then 

Captain Lithuania
9 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Does he ****. 

The way he was sniggering on the TV about it was awful and embarrassing for a guy who captained Hearts and thinks of us as his club. 

Mr Sifter
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I'll keep my " get tae ****s" and hate  for opposition players. 

I suppose it's slim pickings for some nowadays, so at least Berra  let's these folk vent. 

It would be interesting to see the Gordon thread when there was a little seethe about him, might be worth a bump. 

See if there is a theme with some.

I wanted Gordon nowhere near us after he went to Celtic. Was probably very vocal about it at the time on here too. I make no apologies for it. It was how I felt. Ken what tho, he came back. And I’m glad he did. Still doesn’t change how I felt at the time tho. 

I too keep my “GTFs” for opposition players, and given that Berra ain’t a Hearts player, he’s probably fair game. You mention too though that you keep your “hate” for opposition players. Hate is a strong word mate. Be careful using language like that…you might have someone along any minute suggesting you’re emotionally wrecked 😳🤣

Football is like pantomime. You get goodies that you cheer and baddies that you boo. And the fickle nature of following a club means you can often change goodies into baddies, and vice versa. And that’s allowed by the way. You don’t HAVE to dissect the thought process which has led you to see someone differently. You can, if you want to, move from cheering someone to booing them within a split second. It’s all good. Just go with it, without writing a dissertation on why you’ve done so. 

Christophe BOOOOOOOerra can GTF 👍🏼

Mr Sifter
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Stendel was worse 

What has Berra done that is so bad that he is not welcome at Hearts anymore? 

Nonesense and emotional drivel that shows a strange need to slag something or someone from Hearts. 

Kind of folk that moved from Ann to CL, CL to Bob, to walker, to whoever etc. 

Just so they can spit venom at someone. 

Berra is probably seen as a link to CL so it let's some get their jollies to slag him and say he's not welcome back. 

All because he called out a shite manager and never went rage at a offside decision while on sky sports. It's ridiculous. 

I'd question Berras value as a coach, but as a ex Hearts man he's always welcome despite what some say. 

A lot ot of pant wetting piss with an agenda that is pretty clear. 

At least folk have moved on from Bob. 

Thats the biggest load of pish I think I’ve ever read on here. Agendas here, pant wetting there. Seen as a link to CL. You’re overthinking this waaaay to much. No one is camped outside Berra’s hoose, no one has taken a contract oot on his head ffs. He’s been mentioned on a Hearts forum and it seems the majority think he’s a dick. And it’s as simple as that. 

Why you need to turn all amateur psychologist over it I dunno. “Shows a strange need to slag someone from Hearts…” ffs really? 

julienbrellier

Nope. He was incredibly bitter towards the end and sort of ruined his reputation with us.

Was a very good player and captain for most of the time he was with us. However was it on Celtic TV or something he was sticking the boot in needlessly, no real Hearts fan would do that

Berra than you

Neilson dropped him towards the end of last season, he was never seen (was he even on the bench) again, and didn't come out for the trophy lift. Somehow can't see Neilson taking him back in any capacity.

Dennis Reynolds

Nah. He's a knob. I don't even mean that in a purely Hearts sense. He's a knob outside of football as well. 

Lone Striker
8 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Neilson dropped him towards the end of last season, he was never seen (was he even on the bench) again, and didn't come out for the trophy lift. Somehow can't see Neilson taking him back in any capacity.

Robbie may well have  realised CB was finished as a top class defender soon after the 3-3 Cup final.    Plus, Souttar was nearing a comeback and  Robbie probably had one eye on the type of players he wanted in order to compete in the Premiership playing a more attacking style with pace.  

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

:lol:

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Thats the biggest load of pish I think I’ve ever read on here. Agendas here, pant wetting there. Seen as a link to CL. You’re overthinking this waaaay to much. No one is camped outside Berra’s hoose, no one has taken a contract oot on his head ffs. He’s been mentioned on a Hearts forum and it seems the majority think he’s a dick. And it’s as simple as that. 

Why you need to turn all amateur psychologist over it I dunno. “Shows a strange need to slag someone from Hearts…” ffs really? 

The said poster is a compulsive slaver and best ignored.

Mr Sifter
13 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The said poster is a compulsive slaver and best ignored.

Fair dos mate. Very rarely do I recognise/remember posters. Noted tho 👍🏼

Absolute Scenes
13 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Even though Berra fell asleep for both goals ?

Correct

Captain Lithuania
3 hours ago, julienbrellier said:

Nope. He was incredibly bitter towards the end and sort of ruined his reputation with us.

Was a very good player and captain for most of the time he was with us. However was it on Celtic TV or something he was sticking the boot in needlessly, no real Hearts fan would do that

It was on Sky Sports. Had to leave it to Kris Boyd of all people to defend us. 

It wasn’t even his lack of defending us, it was the sniggering when Neilson was interviewed after the match and he was pissed off at the trademark Old Firm bias against us. 

He can apologise or do one. I think that’s reasonable. 

WageThief
3 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Robbie may well have  realised CB was finished as a top class defender soon after the 3-3 Cup final.    Plus, Souttar was nearing a comeback and  Robbie probably had one eye on the type of players he wanted in order to compete in the Premiership playing a more attacking style with pace.  

Yeah not on the bench after QoS if London hearts is correct

https://www.londonhearts.com/scores/newplayers/h01733ap.html#bydate

Des Lynam
7 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Stendel was worse 

Levein left us 11th in the league with one win all season and four in the calendar year. 

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Levein left us 11th in the league with one win all season and four in the calendar year. 

12th is worse than 11th.

Des Lynam
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

12th is worse than 11th.

We were 11th on goal difference. So technically we were joint bottom. Berra OG in Levein's last game in charge. 

queensferryjambo
17 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Even though Berra fell asleep for both goals ?

Yes, for the equaliser in 2019 Collum awarded a penalty that was a complete dive.

Collum couldn't wait to award it.

For the record for the second goal Souttar is ahead of Berra and decides to hop in the air and decides not to run as well.  

Was a very good player when he first came back but the injury finished him to a point where he was getting roasted on a nearly weekly basis towards once he came back. 

I wouldn’t be keen to bring back the captain one of the worst Hearts sides in history. (I know Naisy is u18 boss). 

Once the legs were gone he was not effective at leading, motivating or organising his team mates. Quite the opposite in fact, so a definite no from me for a coaching role. 

stevie1874
6 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Nah. He's a knob. I don't even mean that in a purely Hearts sense. He's a knob outside of football as well. 

Whether he is or not I wouldn’t know, but don’t really want an old school centre half ( with a tendency to hoof the ball) who took the huff towards the end of his time here to be coaching at the club.  always welcome back as any ex player is to do the half time draw, hospitality or pay at the gate 

JimmyCant
37 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Yes, for the equaliser in 2019 Collum awarded a penalty that was a complete dive.

Collum couldn't wait to award it.

For the record for the second goal Souttar is ahead of Berra and decides to hop in the air and decides not to run as well.  

We’ve sold that penalty with our poor defending just before it. Eduard was quick to it and left a leg dangling to be hit. I’d expect our centre forward to do the exact same thing and I’d expect to get a penalty for it. VAR possibly over rules it but you can’t blame Collum for giving it.

Second goal is completely and utterly Berra’s fault. Either step out as Souttar did or mark the runner, he did neither.

Lone Striker
21 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Whether he is or not I wouldn’t know, but don’t really want an old school centre half ( with a tendency to hoof the ball) who took the huff towards the end of his time here to be coaching at the club.  always welcome back as any ex player is to do the half time draw, hospitality or pay at the gate 

That sums up my thoughts too.  There's little doubt he was a strong & brave defender, but his distribution when he won the ball was very limited - either a sideways 10 yard pass to another defender, or an aimless hoof up the park. 

As for coaching, we all may have to eat a slice of humble pie regarding Elbows.  He was a dirty player of limited ability, but the 3 seasons of Team Robbie success  which McCulloch has  been part of  suggests the 3 of them work well together and do actually deliver good coaching methods and game plans which players respond to.   

So we probably shouldn't write Berra off as a coach before he's even started.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

We were 11th on goal difference. So technically we were joint bottom. Berra OG in Levein's last game in charge. 

Aye, 11th on gd to 12th, 4 points adrift. 

That is worse. 

Bald men Fighting over a comb tho. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

If he's a good coach then nothing that has gone before should matter.

Nothing might be a stretch,  But I agree with the sentiment. 

Bunny Munro
12 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye, 11th on gd to 12th, 4 points adrift. 

That is worse. 

Bald men Fighting over a comb tho. 

How points per game did we win with Berra in the team vs Berra out of the team?

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

How points per game did we win with Berra in the team vs Berra out of the team?

No idea.

Bunny Munro
7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

No idea.

1 PPG with Berra out the team.

0.63 PPG with Berra in the team.

CL won 0.73 PPG (11 games)

DS won 0.87 PPG (15 games)

Stendel wasn't the answer but he didn't make us worse, we improved, we dropped from 11th to 12th because other teams (Hamilton in particular) improved more than us at the end.

We certainly got better when Berra left the team. Berra was dropped after a run of 5 straight defeats in Stendels first 5 games.

In the 10 remaining games we only lost 3.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

1 PPG with Berra out the team.

0.63 PPG with Berra in the team.

CL won 0.73 PPG (11 games)

DS won 0.87 PPG (15 games)

Stendel wasn't the answer but he didn't make us worse, we improved, we dropped from 11th to 12th because other teams (Hamilton in particular) improved more than us at the end.

We certainly got better when Berra left the team. Berra was dropped after a run of 5 straight defeats in Stendels first 5 games.

In the 10 remaining games we only lost 3.

We improved. 🙄

Aye, we went from 11th to 4 points adrift at the bottom. 

Our hard fought 2-2 home draw with 10 man  Hamilton and 1-0 defeat away to St Mirren in must win games was a particular highlight of that improvement. 

Berra played 250 games for us. 

Over 40 caps for Scotland 

Played in the EPL and the championship. 

Was our captain 

Has a sc winners medal 

Got us £2m + in fees

Stendel, nice guy who came in it a bad time, ****ed up with our gk and persisted with it, signed players that had zero impact and taken us to a position where we got demoted. 

If you want to bring Berras career down to a injury ravaged last spell with us then fair enough, knock yourself out. 

All you have proven that Stendel couldn't adapt to the players we had, signed shite and even with Boyce signing and  various players returning from injury still managed to get us 4 points adrift of ****ing Hamilton. 

4 points behind Hamilton is not an improvement. 

Anyway off topic. 

He's welcome back any time and if he's a good coach he can become part of our team. 

If he's a shite coach, then no thanks. 

WheatfieldWarrior

I would happily have him as a coach if it meant I didn't have to watch him as a pundit!

In all seriousness I think he would be good at coaching defenders and defensive set plays.

I don't blame Berra at all for being unhappy with being dropped for one game, then 2 weeks later and 48 hours after getting married getting punted to the reserves and booted out the club. His comments weren't really directed at Hearts.  Squarely at Stendel I would say.

Stendel had a difficult task there as the was no money or wage budget to bring players in, but I would be astonished if the loaning club (Dundee) ended up paying any significant part of Berra's wages when it was so badly handled. 

I've re-read the articles from around the time just now and still feel the same way.

I don't see it happening in all honesty in any case.