Chris Mueller ( merged )

Nucky Thompson

heartsfc_fan

🤣🤣 What a waste of money.

He's probably experienced a toxic dressing room and thought, feck this...I'm off!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• Bazzas right boot

• Mikey1874

• Deevers

Lone Striker
28 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Ross thinking, "and who is this wee ****** again?  I asked for Barrie McKay."

😃 Yep, I was just thinking the same.   Jack's face is the very definition of the word "underwhelmed"  :jambobanana:

All roads lead to Gorgie
43 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Asked my hibby mate about this and he said the club's falling apart. 

:smugger:

There is definitely a song in there somewhere :jj:

Saint Jambo
29 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Hibs are paying no compensation, he's just heading home and will sign a deal with Chicago. Its a pretty good deal for Hibs getting out of that awful contract. Chicago will pay compensation to Orlando and a draft pick as Orlando still hold his MLS registration 

What is the source for that? Certainly not stated in the article linked above that suggests that. Pretty standard in these situations for the club to reach a settlement with the player, that doesn't represent the full value of the contract but is enough to convince him not just to sit out the remaining years.

2 hours ago, Sertse said:

Honestly have to say this is one of the most bizarre stories I've seen in football. 

Touted to be an unbelievable signing, shows up and does nothing then leaves after a few months. 

So they just voided his contract? Or did he realise he joined the wee team? Very very strange.

wonder where the tax was paid on his wages

The Bannon Flick

Hibs entering the banter years it would seem ( although arguably been there a while).

Suspect there is a lot more hilarious events to come out of ER this summer and under Ron in general.

Get the popcorn out lads !

2 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Remember when it was announced he was coming to Edinburgh to join someone, we all thought it was us, and some were saying he would be a very good signing for us, then it came out he was joining Hibs and fans were disappointed, and HIbs fans were revelling in him signing for them...

How's that worked out Hibs fans? :smugger:

:rofl: 

I wonder if he had joined us if he would have been better as I imagine the toxic and unprofessional environment at hibs would mean if they signed Salah he would make Connor sammon look like lewandowski

Mikey1874

The media should be all over the Mueller story.

From researching stories of when he signed its clear from reports in America that he is actually a decent player. 

So why did he fail? Is he another who just didn't fancy the extra intensity in Scottish football? 

Obviously lots to ask about Hibs too re who signed him and how he didn't do anything for them. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

The media should be all over the Mueller story.

From researching stories of when he signed its clear from reports in America that he is actually a decent player. 

So why did he fail? Is he another who just didn't fancy the extra intensity in Scottish football? 

Obviously lots to ask about Hibs too re who signed him and how he didn't do anything for them. 

Maybe whoever wrote the reports doesn't know what they are talking about?

16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Superb :lol: 

:jjyay: 

14 minutes ago, briever said:

Maybe whoever wrote the reports doesn't know what they are talking about?

My info from an ex Scot in USA who has played a bit and a Hibs fan was that he was crap.

5 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

🤣🤣 What a waste of money.

He's probably experienced a toxic dressing room and thought, feck this...I'm off!

Wasn’t exactly welcomed with open arms I hear.

10 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

My info from an ex Scot in USA who has played a bit and a Hibs fan was that he was crap.

He just looked like a ***** to me - plenty of flair players have made names for themselves in Scotland, but you need some mental and physical toughness to go with it - as you do in all pro fitba IMO. 

He looked soft.

Ex member of the SaS
7 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Paisano? Dictionary claims it means: a peasant of Spanish or Italian ethnic origin.

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

He looked slow to me on and off the ball. Looked out his depth and didn’t want to put hard yards in. The Arbroath and Cove rangers game said it all for me as that was the only real time I saw him play. Semi Pro players running past him after 75 minutes or whatever it was told a story. 

The only comparison we have I suppose is Perry Kitchen and the lad from Aberdeen. Kitchen wasn’t always a favourite here (although I liked him) but was an honest grafter and always gave it his all. Ramirez has come in and scored a double figures which is what he was bought for. 

Mueller looks a chicken heart and has taken his ball and went home at the first opportunity. 

Maloney starting him and a 19 year old Norwegian lad away at Tynie is probably worst decision in management history

Boy was awful and had 0 fight or presence. Will suit MLS better 

Jambo na hÉireann

I'm not saying MLS is poorer quality than Scotland... it's clearly not. But I find it almost unwatchable. It's not an entertaining brand of football. Very 'join the dots', like they've learnt it in a book before they've even kicked a ball.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Jambo na hÉireann said:

I'm not saying MLS is poorer quality than Scotland... it's clearly not. But I find it almost unwatchable. It's not an entertaining brand of football. Very 'join the dots', like they've learnt it in a book before they've even kicked a ball.

I'd say the MSL is Poorer than Scotland. 

2 hours ago, tian447 said:

Superb :lol: 

:jjyay: 

That boy is a freak. I miss him already. 😢 

19 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Genuinely thought he'd be decent and they'd shift him for 7 figures.

:facepalm:

If they've had to pay off his contract, they probably have shifted him for 7 figures...

Edited by Norm

26 minutes ago, Jambo na hÉireann said:

Most American sports are like that, the playbook is king and kids grow up robotically learning their sport.

I really dont rate the MLS and it's not just because their fans are absolute roasters online, it's just chock full of mediocre Euro players or ones on their last pay cheques and middle of the road septics.

I thought Mexican player would have sexed it up, but there is clearly more money in their league.

Jambo na hÉireann
44 minutes ago, briever said:

Most American sports are like that, the playbook is king and kids grow up robotically learning their sport.

True. I was watching an NFL game last year where one team was trying to score a touchdown from a set piece right against the...touchdown line? Anyway, they kept trying to leap over the opposition defence. I assumed that American footballers aren't allowed to pass the ball to each other sideways, so as to score a touchdown as if they were scoring a rugby try.

I was wrong. They're just so set in their ways that they're terrified to even try it. 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I don't really see it as a high quality league either. A bit of a retirement league. Ramriez at Aberdeen hasn't looked particularly good. Kitchen was pretty bog standard too. (Great at pointing though). 

What a **** up by Ron though :D 

2 hours ago, Jambo na hÉireann said:

True. I was watching an NFL game last year where one team was trying to score a touchdown from a set piece right against the...touchdown line? Anyway, they kept trying to leap over the opposition defence. I assumed that American footballers aren't allowed to pass the ball to each other sideways, so as to score a touchdown as if they were scoring a rugby try.

I was wrong. They're just so set in their ways that they're terrified to even try it. 

I watched a video along the lines of 'best touchdowns ever' and one of the touchdowns on it was just the team passing it back and forward, the commentators were going absolutely insane saying what a clever move it was and all that. It was pretty much just rugby.

American football is pretty good though, excluding all the ad breaks and cheesiness.

FarmerTweedy
10 hours ago, jonesy said:

This has a strong whiff of the Velicka about it. Without the goals.

This has no whiff of Velicka at all, he wasn't brilliant but did a good job for us, scored quite a few goals, and was sold for about a million quid! 

Sooperstar
8 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

This has no whiff of Velicka at all, he wasn't brilliant but did a good job for us, scored quite a few goals, and was sold for about a million quid! 

I assume he meant Vanacek who had a good scoring record before joining us.

Unknown user
12 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

What is the source for that? Certainly not stated in the article linked above that suggests that. Pretty standard in these situations for the club to reach a settlement with the player, that doesn't represent the full value of the contract but is enough to convince him not just to sit out the remaining years.

If he was getting released fair enough, but this is effectively a club coming in for him. Their bid might well be zero but if hibs are happy for him to go and he wants to leave, he'll just negotiate a contract with the new team.

Des Lynam
6 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Couldn’t get a kick of the ball in this league. Stick to the major league soccerball mate. 

:spoton:

This league is far better than even the inhabitants give it credit for. 

Des Lynam
5 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I second that!

I’ve heard a few of them saying they need to clear out the squad, I think they’ll get their wish, what they’ve not considered is Ron’s laddie is recruiting the replacements.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

:spoton:

This league is far better than even the inhabitants give it credit for. 

Agreed. 

Glamorgan Jambo

Considering his 2021 MLS salary was just under $140K per year (roughly £2000 per week) if the widely quoted salary he was quoted as getting from Hibs was anything close to correct it’s a shocking decision by whoever decided to give him that contract. No wonder they’re in such a mess.

Unknown user
13 minutes ago, indianajones said:

The MLS must be pretty shite if this guy was a standout. 

I think it's maybe pretty average with a scattering of ageing superstars making it look good

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

I’ve heard a few of them saying they need to clear out the squad, I think they’ll get their wish, what they’ve not considered is Ron’s laddie is recruiting the replacements.

Charleston battery are going to have no players left.

millerjames398
6 hours ago, briever said:

I really dont rate the MLS and it's not just because their fans are absolute roasters online, it's just chock full of mediocre Euro players or ones on their last pay cheques and middle of the road septics.

I thought Mexican player would have sexed it up, but there is clearly more money in their league.

I read an aritcle a while back, that said the reason very few mexicans go abroad, is the fact that the players, are very well looked after, in their top lge...i suspect, Mexican mafia types, probably have something to do with it as well😂

Kalamazoo Jambo
22 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Charleston battery are going to have no players left.

Battery drained :(

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

I just had a look on their official site. Including players out on loan they currently employ 48 players between the development and first team squads.

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

I'd not put too much reliance on that article, it's typical newspaper speak.  The Sun 'understands' that he was on £10k per week.  Translate that to The Sun has seen posters on a Hibs forum claiming he was on £10k per week.  

They then say that Maloney was unconvinced by the striker before he was 'stunningly' sacked.  Pay attention, that statement alone tells you where this article is coming from.  How dare Hibs sack a former OF player even if he secured a bottom 6 finish and SF defeat to his club's biggest rivals.

Meanwhile Gordon has decided to cut Hibs losses by transferring him on an 'undisclosed fee'.  And it's 'unclear' if Mueller has been given a pay-off.

Basically, The Sun has not a scooby doo what is going on.

If Mueller was on £10k a week at Hibs, he's not heading back to the States for a fraction of that and there is no way Hibs are going to compensate him for the difference.

Unknown user
23 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I'd not put too much reliance on that article, it's typical newspaper speak.  The Sun 'understands' that he was on £10k per week.  Translate that to The Sun has seen posters on a Hibs forum claiming he was on £10k per week.  

They then say that Maloney was unconvinced by the striker before he was 'stunningly' sacked.  Pay attention, that statement alone tells you where this article is coming from.  How dare Hibs sack a former OF player even if he secured a bottom 6 finish and SF defeat to his club's biggest rivals.

Meanwhile Gordon has decided to cut Hibs losses by transferring him on an 'undisclosed fee'.  And it's 'unclear' if Mueller has been given a pay-off.

Basically, The Sun has not a scooby doo what is going on.

If Mueller was on £10k a week at Hibs, he's not heading back to the States for a fraction of that and there is no way Hibs are going to compensate him for the difference.

The sun might be sensationalist but they're also generally relatively clued up on what's happening up here.

I read somewhere that at his age he'll be entitled to a much bigger contract in the MLS now, but I can't say if that's true or not, I've no idea how they work things over there.

• davemclaren changed the title to Chris Mueller ( merged )