• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• Bazzas right boot

• Mikey1874

• Deevers

One of the biggest nobodies in a huge line of nobodies that have played for Hibs.

He got booked in the second half of the 3-1 game, and I had absolutely no idea he had even been playing.  

All credit to him for rinsing an alleged £10,000ish a week out of them though. His one goal against Arbroath cost them about £2,000,000 since he joined them at the start of January.  A goal in a competition that we then knocked them out of :jj:

1971fozzy

I’m sure I read he hadn’t played on grass or something before going to hibs.  Their marquee signing as well.

oh hibs ❤️❤️

Tommy Brown

The question is, as with the others recently signed.

We're the they signed by Maloney or Gordon's son?

TyphoonJambo
4 hours ago, tian447 said:

One of the biggest nobodies in a huge line of nobodies that have played for Hibs.

He got booked in the second half of the 3-1 game, and I had absolutely no idea he had even been playing.  

All credit to him for rinsing an alleged £10,000ish a week out of them though. His one goal against Arbroath cost them about £2,000,000 since he joined them at the start of January.  A goal in a competition that we then knocked them out of :jj:

Not sure of your arithmetic though.  More like 200, 000. Unfortunately. 

PapaShango
42 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

He had signed a pre contract well before Ross was sacked but suspect it was Gordon’s signing 

PapaShango
3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

I’m sure I read he hadn’t played on grass or something before going to hibs.  Their marquee signing as well.

oh hibs ❤️❤️

I think that was the boy Melkerson they have. 

gregzy2k7
8 minutes ago, OTT said:

😂😂 beat so bad he’s ****ed off home!! 

It's the The h1b5 way. 😅

38 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Not sure of your arithmetic though.  More like 200, 000. Unfortunately. 

Haha, aye, right enough :lol:

Don't shitpost at 2:30am, kids! 

gashauskis9

He’s their Vanacek.  They waited months for him and then when he arrived he was utter guff.

I cannot get my head round why clubs sign players on pre-contracts in the summer to join in January.  Utter madness.  I’m no fan of pre-contracts full stop, but at least if you get a player in the summer they join you for a full pre-season and integrate into the squad before the hype kicks in. 

RustyRightPeg

Deary me this must be up there with the all time worst signings in the leagues history

1971fozzy
1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

I think that was the boy Melkerson they have. 

👍🏼 That’s the one. So many , cheers

Honestly have to say this is one of the most bizarre stories I've seen in football. 

Touted to be an unbelievable signing, shows up and does nothing then leaves after a few months. 

So they just voided his contract? Or did he realise he joined the wee team? Very very strange.

Seem to remember a US based Hearts fan said he would be the signing of the season on here.

Whatever ability he showed in the MLS wasn't apparent, looked one paced, slight and bog standard technically.

Just now, Costanza said:

Seem to remember a US based Hearts fan said he would be the signing of the season on here.

Whatever ability he showed in the MLS wasn't apparent, looked one paced, slight and bog standard technically.

MLS seems to be absolutely pish. Remember when we got GMS? Took him an entire season to get up to scratch. It's one of the reasons I'm concerned when people say we're looking at signing Stuart Findlay.

PapaShango
1 minute ago, Costanza said:

Also remember this but got to take into account the standard of some of the players in the MLS isn't the best and is completely different to the Scottish game. He may have needed some time to adapt, but what is clear is how disjointed and shambolic everything at Hibs is at the moment. From the manager merry go round to Ron appointing his son, it's all reminiscent of the Vlad years but without any decent signings or cup wins. 

2 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Also remember this but got to take into account the standard of some of the players in the MLS isn't the best and is completely different to the Scottish game. He may have needed some time to adapt, but what is clear is how disjointed and shambolic everything at Hibs is at the moment. From the manager merry go round to Ron appointing his son, it's all reminiscent of the Vlad years but without any decent signings or cup wins. 

He could have been their Rudi  🤣 😂 

TyphoonJambo
21 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

👍🏼 That’s the one. So many , cheers

It's the owl I feal sorry for. More quarantine. 

Well that’s going to cost them a few quid to pay off that contract. 
Obviously trying to put the lid on the discontent in the dressing room down there. 

Boyces beard

I guess it was fun for him while it lasted, hope he was on 9k a week and had a "hoot" while he was here.

Armageddon
48 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Deary me this must be up there with the all time worst signings in the leagues history

Vanacek and Oshaniwa are also in that same bracket.

RustyRightPeg
5 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Both received extra stick from the press. Let’s see how they treat this one if it takes their fancy or not

Apparently he was on a 3 year deal, this is even more bizarre than I initially thought. Less than 6 months and he's gone? What the hell is happening at the wee team?

Mikey1874
2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

He had signed a pre contract well before Ross was sacked but suspect it was Gordon’s signing 

Mikey1874
3 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

20220503_090421.jpg

Think this has been in the pipelines since before Maloney got the boot. Clearly not worth the money he was on. 

16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

20220503_090421.jpg

Ross thinking, "and who is this wee ****** again?  I asked for Barrie McKay."

davemclaren

Very odd move all round. Who made the decision to release him is probably the most interesting question. 

DarthVodka

So this guy has 2.5 years left on his contract at say 9k a week? That’s not a kick in the pants off 1.2 mill to pay off the contract😂😂 unless there is a clause there and no agent worth anything is going to agree to that 

Wish they’d keep him though just to keep that disharmony going

the US leagues are completely different to the SPFL - time and space on the ball, not too physical, some good athletes but many of the players that make up some teams would struggle at semi pro here. Tactically most of the games are all over the place 

2 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

So this guy has 2.5 years left on his contract at say 9k a week? That’s not a kick in the pants off 1.2 mill to pay off the contract😂😂 unless there is a clause there and no agent worth anything is going to agree to that 

the US leagues are completely different to the SPFL - time and space on the ball, not too physical, some good athletes but many of the players that make up some teams would struggle at semi pro here. Tactically most of the games are all over the place 

Hibs are paying no compensation, he's just heading home and will sign a deal with Chicago. Its a pretty good deal for Hibs getting out of that awful contract. Chicago will pay compensation to Orlando and a draft pick as Orlando still hold his MLS registration 

4 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

Free transfer according to this. Wouldn't be surprised if they're paying a chunk of his wages when he gets back to yankland.

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

He’s their Vanacek.  They waited months for him and then when he arrived he was utter guff.

I cannot get my head round why clubs sign players on pre-contracts in the summer to join in January.  Utter madness.  I’m no fan of pre-contracts full stop, but at least if you get a player in the summer they join you for a full pre-season and integrate into the squad before the hype kicks in. 

More likely another Jamie Maclaren or Ricardo Vaz Te. Absolutely humming at Hibs. Leave. Bang in goals for fun.

DarthVodka
11 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Hibs are paying no compensation, he's just heading home and will sign a deal with Chicago. Its a pretty good deal for Hibs getting out of that awful contract. Chicago will pay compensation to Orlando and a draft pick as Orlando still hold his MLS registration 

ah bummer, never read the article as that site has that many adverts is messes up my phone.

Hibs escape again then…

1 hour ago, Sertse said:

MLS seems to be absolutely pish. Remember when we got GMS? Took him an entire season to get up to scratch. It's one of the reasons I'm concerned when people say we're looking at signing Stuart Findlay.

Fair point and can see Papa Shango makes a similar point about the MLS standard.

Guess if Findlay can't get a game there that doesn't augur well.

BangkokHearts
1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Oh Shan One was brilliant against Sellik for a game. He was sent off which ensured we never took anything from it iirc.

Did Vanacek even play for us? 

The Old Tolbooth

Remember when it was announced he was coming to Edinburgh to join someone, we all thought it was us, and some were saying he would be a very good signing for us, then it came out he was joining Hibs and fans were disappointed, and HIbs fans were revelling in him signing for them...

How's that worked out Hibs fans? :smugger:

:rofl: 

• davemclaren changed the title to Chris Mueller ( merged )