Chris Mueller ( merged )

Nucky Thompson

10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The sun might be sensationalist but they're also generally relatively clued up on what's happening up here.

I read somewhere that at his age he'll be entitled to a much bigger contract in the MLS now, but I can't say if that's true or not, I've no idea how they work things over there.

The Sun might be 'generally relatively' clued up, but that's combining two words that equate to not being certain.  I have no idea what wages this guy was on at Hibs, or what sort of deal has been agreed to take him back over the pond, but I would bet the bank that he wasn't getting anywhere close to £10k per week at Hibs.  

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• Bazzas right boot

• Mikey1874

• Deevers

7 hours ago, millerjames398 said:

I read an aritcle a while back, that said the reason very few mexicans go abroad, is the fact that the players, are very well looked after, in their top lge...i suspect, Mexican mafia types, probably have something to do with it as well😂

Club sugar daddies you dont fall out with.

They are us about 5 years ago. It is ****ing hilarious.

Owned/run by someone out their depth and makes bad decision after bad decision.

Horrendous recruitment.

Young baby faced manager that flopped.

Fans detached from club.

Bottom 6 club.

No direction.

Spunking money left right and centre.

I just hope that their owner doesn't start getting it right like ours finally did.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Horrendous recruitment.

Fans detached from club.

Bottom 6 club.

No direction.

I just hope that their owner doesn't start getting it right like ours finally did.

Your some cookie. 

Unknown user
7 hours ago, RobNox said:

The Sun might be 'generally relatively' clued up, but that's combining two words that equate to not being certain.  I have no idea what wages this guy was on at Hibs, or what sort of deal has been agreed to take him back over the pond, but I would bet the bank that he wasn't getting anywhere close to £10k per week at Hibs.  

The sun has a decent history of having the inside track on Scottish football. 

There'll be all sorts of club staff, agents, friends, family, bank staff, HMRC employees, etc, who know how much he's on as stone cold fact, not to mention players at hibs and therefore throughout the country - players aren't exactly shy of gossiping.

I'm not saying reports are definitely accurate, but they're much more likely to know what they're talking about than your self acknowledged No idea.

14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

There'll be all sorts of club staff, agents, friends, family, bank staff, HMRC employees, etc, who know how much he's on as stone cold fact, not to mention players at hibs and therefore throughout the country - players aren't exactly shy of gossiping.

I'm not saying reports are definitely accurate, but they're much more likely to know what they're talking about than your self acknowledged No idea.

A player who was reportedly on 1200 a week in the MLS signed for Hibernian on a salary of 10k a week. Stop it! 

Unknown user
18 minutes ago, droid said:

A player who was reportedly on 1200 a week in the MLS signed for Hibernian on a salary of 10k a week. Stop it! 

Stop what? Giving reasons that I'm not dismissing an article out of hand?

When Mueller was leaving the US the rumours were that it would be for Celtic or the rangers because of the calibre of player he was and the wage he'd command. He's been capped twice by his country, scoring twice, he was seen as a real prospect in the US game. He's valued at over £3m on transfermarkt, nearly 5 x Barrie McKay.

Like I say, there'll be plenty out there who know his wage as fact and, let's not forget, it would be the easiest thing in the world for hibs to laugh off wild rumours. Especially when it might affect how much other players ask for.

I'll say again, I don't know his wages, but when you step back and look at the situation, I don't see any reason to dismiss the 10k figure out of hand either, it's possible.

15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Stop what? Giving reasons that I'm not dismissing an article out of hand?

When Mueller was leaving the US the rumours were that it would be for Celtic or the rangers because of the calibre of player he was and the wage he'd command. He's been capped twice by his country, scoring twice, he was seen as a real prospect in the US game. He's valued at over £3m on transfermarkt, nearly 5 x Barrie McKay.

Like I say, there'll be plenty out there who know his wage as fact and, let's not forget, it would be the easiest thing in the world for hibs to laugh off wild rumours. Especially when it might affect how much other players ask for.

I'll say again, I don't know his wages, but when you step back and look at the situation, I don't see any reason to dismiss the 10k figure out of hand either, it's possible.

Agree with this. I think that Ron thought that he was going to be an instant hit here and would command a serious transfer fee. How wrong he was.

RustyRightPeg
51 minutes ago, droid said:

I can see it if I’m honest. He was seen as a headline signing for Gordon, it was his first real attempt at a statement name. There’s a reason he’s leaving as quickly as he is. He’s been found out. 

Glamorgan Jambo
1 hour ago, droid said:

His MLS salary in 2021 was 2K per week. All MLS salaries are published annually.

As I said earlier if he was on anything close to the 9K/10K per week widely written about it's a horrific piece of negotiating by Hibs. Doubling their salary and bringing him into the European market would have most youngish MLS players on the plane within seconds.

Randy Marsh
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Horrendous recruitment.

Fans detached from club.

Bottom 6 club.

No direction.

I dont think we were ever in the bottom 6 until the demotion season. We usually lingered about in 5th place.

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

No, I meant Velicka. The sale of Velicka to Viking and his subsequent purchase by Rangers just six months later stunk to high heavens. Romanov wasn't for selling directly to the OF at that point, so I assume the Viking thing was to allow him to hit the ground running after having played half a season in Norway.

Mueller joining Hibs, getting a bumper salary, then heading back to the MLS a few months later is well fishy. Maybe auld Ron the Con helped broker the Orlando to Chicago transfer and the 10k/week is part of the 'deal'. 

Vanacek happened as a result of Levein being a poor man manager, stubborn and having too much sway over Budge.

I've read some nonsensical stuff on here but that middle paragraph 🤣

2 hours ago, droid said:

The article said it cost hibs 10k a week over his time at the club. That could count any fee paid to get him and/or a payment to him to pay him off to leave. 

18 hours ago, Jambo na hÉireann said:

I'm not saying MLS is poorer quality than Scotland... it's clearly not. But I find it almost unwatchable. It's not an entertaining brand of football. Very 'join the dots', like they've learnt it in a book before they've even kicked a ball.

It totally is worse quality I do not know how this myth has started to perpetuate and just be accepted by so many recently .................. it has some great players from the past riding out their pension but they interspersed with rather a lot of total shit

ScottieMac17

What ever that Muppet cost... He wasn't worth it. Funny though 🤣

JimmyCant
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Vanacek happened as a result of Levein being a poor man manager, stubborn and having too much sway over Budge.

Vanacek didn’t help himself by going on the piss for 6 weeks in Thailand when he was in between contracts. Instead he could have been here getting himself sharp. Levein should have kept his anger private and got the fellah in a rehab programme  but instead he slaughtered the guy publicly and there was no way back after that

JimmyCant
8 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I still can't understand why, after seeing the supposed nick of him after arrival, Levein then proceeded to give the guy his debut v Livvy, watch him make a decent assist for Clare's goal, then play him from the start v Dundee in a game in which everyone was shite, only to then slag him off to the media. 

If there's one thing that Levein has shown on the otherwise excellent Sacked in the Morning podcast, is that he has struggled with foreign players.

Levein was the last dinosaur in that regard. He didn’t trust modern football systems and sometimes had no idea how to manage and utilise foreign players. Milinkovic was another example of this. A very talented and dangerous player who fell out of favour simply because he didn’t work hard defensively. Thank feck he never had Skacel under his wing and it tells a story when he steadfastly refused to bring him back when he still had a few miles in his legs

6 hours ago, Smithee said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/how-gordon-and-kensell-have-taken-hibs-to-the-next-level-3525341

To save you wasting time reading all the other guff (unless you want a laugh).....

"Similarly, Mueller was eyeing a new challenge in Europe and was picked out by Ian Gordon, son of chairman Ron. Rumours that the 25-year-old has become the Easter Road side’s highest earner on an eye-watering weekly wage are well wide of the mark, however."

I'm not saying this means that the Sun is wrong, but they can't both be right.

Vlad Magic

Been a lot made of this entrance and subsequent exit.

It is now (and still open to debate) believed that Hibs paid part of his wages with Ron (topping up) the rest.

Don’t care about the numbers wether or not Hibs paid 3k and Ron a top up of 4,5,6 or whatever. This isn’t my point.

My point is.

If Ron was topping up his wages, would he be entitled to any profit on future transfers? Is there a club/owner split on wages and sell on clause?

In other words (speculation) do the Gordon’s benefit directly and not Hibs with monies from future sell ons?

With Gordon junior in charge of recruitment?

Mueller was sent down the road rather quickly when it became obvious he was shit and had no value?

i wish jj was my dad
4 hours ago, jonesy said:

I still can't understand why, after seeing the supposed nick of him after arrival, Levein then proceeded to give the guy his debut v Livvy, watch him make a decent assist for Clare's goal, then play him from the start v Dundee in a game in which everyone was shite, only to then slag him off to the media. 

If there's one thing that Levein has shown on the otherwise excellent Sacked in the Morning podcast, is that he has struggled with foreign players.

The guy's performance v dundee ws beyond embarrassing. His outrageous belly flop looking for a foul sticks in my mind. I was delighted he was hooked that day. 

Bet he never cost what Mueller dis though

2 hours ago, RobNox said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/how-gordon-and-kensell-have-taken-hibs-to-the-next-level-3525341

To save you wasting time reading all the other guff (unless you want a laugh).....

"Similarly, Mueller was eyeing a new challenge in Europe and was picked out by Ian Gordon, son of chairman Ron. Rumours that the 25-year-old has become the Easter Road side’s highest earner on an eye-watering weekly wage are well wide of the mark, however."

I'm not saying this means that the Sun is wrong, but they can't both be right.

Chris Mueller Joins Chicago Fire - Hibernian FC

“For us, it was vital that this deal made complete sense for the Club and alongside this, it has also freed up a significant amount financially that the incoming manager will be able to use to mould the squad in their way.

The above is a quote from Kensell in their story re his release, does seem to suggest that there is something in the speculation that he was on a relatively large wage.

Unknown user
6 hours ago, Sooks said:

It totally is worse quality I do not know how this myth has started to perpetuate and just be accepted by so many recently .................. it has some great players from the past riding out their pension but they interspersed with rather a lot of total shit

Perry Kitchen played in the same team as Zlatan Ibrahimovic, that says it all I suppose

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Perry Kitchen played in the same team as Zlatan Ibrahimovic, that says it all I suppose

That is typical of that league mate see that sort of thing a lot Mueller and Nani for example too

Sooperstar

Will be interesting to see what Mueller is on at Chicago Fire once that is officially published.

Disappointed he has gone, seems a good escape for Hibs unless they have had to give him a pay off.

If he was on £10k per week he'll need all of it for his bullet proof vest and car, if he is moving to Chicago!! 

10 hours ago, Smithee said:

He was very ordinary. Can't believe he was made captain when he was at Hearts. He was talked up prior to signing for us in a similar way to the boy Hibs just released IIRC

A_A wehatethehibs

You could’ve bought a hell of a lot of crunch corners for that £10k a week

Nookie Bear
On 03/05/2022 at 17:27, Jambo na hÉireann said:

I'm not saying MLS is poorer quality than Scotland... it's clearly not. But I find it almost unwatchable. It's not an entertaining brand of football. Very 'join the dots', like they've learnt it in a book before they've even kicked a ball.

Thats a good description, and also of womens football. 

It looks decent but lacks “something”. 

12 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Will be interesting to see what Mueller is on at Chicago Fire once that is officially published.

Disappointed he has gone, seems a good escape for Hibs unless they have had to give him a pay off.

I would reckon any agent worth his salt will have made sure that the boy would have got a substantial pay off. It’s not Muellers fault that things didn’t work out. It’s the fault of who ever signed him.

Looks like they are owe a bit of money now - the deferred wages and I wonder if they have settled and paid off Their last two managers and the back room staff that got the push with them. 

I see that the Hibs cheerleaders in the Scotsman are trumpeting about how much money is going to be made available to who ever picks up the poison chalice with Mueller departing.  An interesting piece once again trying to put Doig in the shop window for them and bumming up Porteous and Cadden. 

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-to-increase-player-budget-for-new-manager-as-chris-mueller-exit-frees-up-significant-money-3680866

Nookie Bear

The fact they were able to move him on so quickly and without fuss, despite his high wages, suggests Ron has some scheme at play here.  

No way would Mueller accept a potential 50% pay cut just like that. Clearly something dodgy here. 

2 hours ago, Hansel said:

He was very ordinary. Can't believe he was made captain when he was at Hearts. He was talked up prior to signing for us in a similar way to the boy Hibs just released IIRC

He’s a funny one for me, not an exciting player at all but did his job well, although his job of “win the ball & move it on” was only really necessary vs the OF & Aberdeen. Iirc the squad was missing a real leader at the time, the only other real option was Don Cowie. Perry really bought in to the club & the history of the 1914/15 side etc which probably helped his case.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
14 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Chris Mueller Joins Chicago Fire - Hibernian FC

The above is a quote from Kensell in their story re his release, does seem to suggest that there is something in the speculation that he was on a relatively large wage.

'The terms of the 25-year-old’s transfer will remain undisclosed.'

Common enough message in a statement confirming a player transfer, but saying it in a stand alone sentence at the very start of the statement is a bit unusual and has a 'f... off and don't ask' touch to it. It's almost as though the most important message they want to get across is that the terms of the transfer must remain secret. If they don't want to discuss the terms then raising the fact you don't want to talk about them, so emphatically, seems a bit daft, and creates a hint of desperation.

Certainly gives the impression that they realise their fans would not be as happy as we might be if the details were made known.

1 hour ago, boag1874 said:

He’s a funny one for me, not an exciting player at all but did his job well, although his job of “win the ball & move it on” was only really necessary vs the OF & Aberdeen. Iirc the squad was missing a real leader at the time, the only other real option was Don Cowie. Perry really bought in to the club & the history of the 1914/15 side etc which probably helped his case.

Never that impressed by him and could not understand why he was given the armband.  IMO Peter Haring is a far better player in the role. Kitchen often gave the impression of not being that interested and just going through the motions.

Edited by Deevers

12 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Never that impressed by him and could not understand why he was given the armband.  IMO Peter Haring is a far better player in the role. Kitchen often gave the impression of not being that interested and just going through the motions.

Aye it's night & day with him & Haring, Harings been a phenomenal player for us.

Lone Striker

It seems Mueller has enjoyed  a "golden boy" reputation while having only modest goal stats, even with Orlando.   21 goals in 112 starts in 4 years.   Less than 1 in 5 in a sanitised soccerball league, but still gets capped for the USA national team.

All hail the Gordons, though  - they're a perfect fit for the Lochenders. :notworthy:  

Unknown user
48 minutes ago, Macros said:

Lots of chat about what a certain 'newspaper' is saying about his situation, all I'd say is.......

Screenshot_20200206-183114_Chrome.jpg

Aye sound, but they have a decent track record with Scottish football news

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, Macros said:

Lots of chat about what a certain 'newspaper' is saying about his situation, all I'd say is.......

Recent clickbait included the amazing 'hack' for clearing a misted windscreen using only one little known button ... yup, the windscreen de-mister button. Another was the incredible discovery that car grab-handles can be used for hanging clothes on. Their readership must be genuinely thick.

1 hour ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

'The terms of the 25-year-old’s transfer will remain undisclosed.'

Common enough message in a statement confirming a player transfer, but saying it in a stand alone sentence at the very start of the statement is a bit unusual and has a 'f... off and don't ask' touch to it. It's almost as though the most important message they want to get across is that the terms of the transfer must remain secret. If they don't want to discuss the terms then raising the fact you don't want to talk about them, so emphatically, seems a bit daft, and creates a hint of desperation.

Certainly gives the impression that they realise their fans would not be as happy as we might be if the details were made known.

I'm sure the deluded tramps will concoct a massive sell on fee has been agreed story to go with their mcginn comfort blanket. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Macros said:

Well said 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 hours ago, Macros said:

While I agree wholeheartedly about the rag it would appear, from the Hibs' own statement on the transfer, that the Sun got it right about his high wage, even if they may have exaggerated it a bit (or not). 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

While I agree wholeheartedly about the rag it would appear, from the Hibs' own statement on the transfer, that the Sun got it right about his high wage, even if they may have exaggerated it a bit (or not). 

Like I say, when the Sun reports a Scottish football story I'm inclined to listen

From the hibs fanzine (EEN): 

It has also freed up a significant amount financially that the incoming manager will be able to use to mould the squad in their way.

Considering this mob's transfers are looked after by Gordon's son with transfer decisions made by some sort of committee with Ron at the top, it's a tad ridiculous to suggest the manager can mould the squad at all.

I hope they continue to play their expensive game of Football Manager. Rocky, Mueller and Melkerson have shown they have way higher belief in their ability to perform this function than is warranted. :laugh:

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Thats a good description, and also of womens football. 

It looks decent but lacks “something”. 

Watched some of that WSL recently as the BBC are clearly shoving it down out throats, I'd agree but imo the women games just lack a slightly smaller pitch and smaller goals, it would transform it.

If that Mead at Arsenal had a set of bawz she's be some player, Barrie Mackay esq but with a pony tail.... 

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Watched some of that WSL recently as the BBC are clearly shoving it down out throats, I'd agree but imo the women games just lack a slightly smaller pitch and smaller goals, it would transform it.

If that Mead at Arsenal had a set of bawz she's be some player, Barrie Mackay esq but with a pony tail.... 

Have thought the same thing about the womens game. Half the flow of the game are just balls knocked into huge spaces and players in a foot race struggling to cover the distance, or goalkeepers who simply don’t have the spring or wing span to make saves. Reduce the size of the pitch and goalposts by 10-20% and it would be a much better product more

similar to the mens game. Works for womens tennis, golf, lacrosse etc 

• davemclaren changed the title to Chris Mueller ( merged )