Spotify

Салатные палочки

Салатные палочки

Any Samsung users having issues with the app since the latest update? 

I have noticed the toggle bar disappears while using the app and you need to completely close and re-open it to get the bar back. It's also stopped appearing on the lock screen. No point in even bothering in the car as it just keeps stopping every two mins and I can't skip songs using the controls. 

This is the second time in a year an update has completely messed it up. Tenner a month for this pish. Get the finger oot Spotify. 

Working fine on my S20 Ultra.

Nice avatar, by the way. Can't believe it's been twenty years since it came out!

Салатные палочки
12 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Working fine on my S20 Ultra.

Nice avatar, by the way. Can't believe it's been twenty years since it came out!

Don't know what the issue is. I updated my phone last night so that can't be the issue and I deleted and re-downloaded the app. 

Actually my username and the avatar are linked in a way. My username came from a mad animation of the same name and it's the reason I started listening to BoC as 'Beware the Friendly Stranger' plays in the background in the first few episodes. 

Trying to explain them to a workmate who likes his electronic music is tough though. 

I gave up on Spotify a couple of months ago and subscribed to Tidal instead. Turns out there isn’t much difference in the experience apart from Tidal having better quality files. But you only really notice that if you have good quality headphones or listen through your hi-fi. Both of which I do. Though the real reason I switched was an artist I listen to a lot took their music off Spotify. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I gave up on Spotify a couple of months ago and subscribed to Tidal instead. Turns out there isn’t much difference in the experience apart from Tidal having better quality files. But you only really notice that if you have good quality headphones or listen through your hi-fi. Both of which I do. Though the real reason I switched was an artist I listen to a lot took their music off Spotify. 

YouTube Premium.

It includes YouTube music, which has all the usual stuff, plus every single video on YouTube that's marked as music has it's soundtrack available.

Live gigs, remixes, B sides, rarities, bootlegs, demos.

Superb, I wouldn't be without it now.

6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I switched to Deezer after a trial of it. Better quality than Spotify, but I still liked the layout. It's awful for casting though. Wish Spotify would just realise a lossless version so I can move back.

Might try Tidal.

Салатные палочки
Just now, Smithee said:

YouTube Premium.

It includes YouTube music, which has all the usual stuff, plus every single video on YouTube that's marked as music has it's soundtrack available.

I have YouTube premium. I got it primarily because the adverts piss me off but obviously it includes the music part in the subscription. I have used it every now and them, mostly for albums that aren't available on Spotify. 

How user-friendly is it using it day to day? I have become so used to Spotify, the layout of it and creating playlists etc. Also, I can switch between music and podcasts easily. But if Spotify continues to fud me about I'll consider another podcast app and just use YouTube Music for my tunes. 

Fine on my Galaxy A3.  

I switched to Spotify from Deezer after Deezer made it absolutely impossible for me to retrieve my password and provided zero help in the matter.  Like Spotify better tbh.

Unknown user
26 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

I have YouTube premium. I got it primarily because the adverts piss me off but obviously it includes the music part in the subscription. I have used it every now and them, mostly for albums that aren't available on Spotify. 

How user-friendly is it using it day to day? I have become so used to Spotify, the layout of it and creating playlists etc. Also, I can switch between music and podcasts easily. But if Spotify continues to fud me about I'll consider another podcast app and just use YouTube Music for my tunes. 

I love it. In my experience the music apps are all much of a muchness really but I don't actually use the app itself that often TBH and I haven't used Spotify in years to compare.

All my listening is done by voice command, either on smart speakers or in the car.

As a metalhead much of the stuff I'm into just isn't available elsewhere, and I've found a lot of good stuff through their recommendations.

I have Google home speakers and chromecasts throughout the house, the ecosystem works great too. 

But tbh you have to try it yourself, it suits me great but my brother isn't into it at all

40 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I switched to Deezer after a trial of it. Better quality than Spotify, but I still liked the layout. It's awful for casting though. Wish Spotify would just realise a lossless version so I can move back.

Might try Tidal.

Spotify have stalled on a lossless version for a while now. 

I recently switched to Apple Music after subscribing to Spotify Premium since it launched (I get Apple Music as part of a Mobile Plan).

Apple Music has improved a lot, was surprised to see it has a lot of Music Videos too. Audio quality is good on standard equipment, they also have lossless and Dolby Atmos tracks for headphones that support it.

3 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

I have noticed the toggle bar disappears while using the app and you need to completely close and re-open it to get the bar back. It's also stopped appearing on the lock screen. No point in even bothering in the car as it just keeps stopping every two mins and I can't skip songs using the controls. 

This is the second time in a year an update has completely messed it up. Tenner a month for this pish. Get the finger oot Spotify. 

To get it back go to settings and notifications and tick 'notifications' beside spotify.

I had ther exact same issue and this fixed it.

Robbies right hand man
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Settings -> Notifications -> Ensure Spotify is clicked on

i8! My favourite poster.

I’ve not seen you post on the terrace thread(s) recently?

It just seems weird since everything’s going so well? 

1 minute ago, Robbies right hand man said:

i8! My favourite poster.

I’ve not seen you post on the terrace thread(s) recently?

It just seems weird since everything’s going so well? 

Just posted on the hibs.net thread right before I read this.

Life is just better when I limit my time posting on JKB as I end up getting sucked into 'the Shed' and that is danger territory.

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

YouTube Premium.

Same here, I got rid of Spotify as we got YouTube premium so my 3 year old could watch all her random videos and not get enraged by adverts.

As you say, more selection as get a whole list of songs not on streaming sites, particularly remixes.

It's better for making my own playlists but one downside is that most sites, papers or magazines that curate a playlist will tend to just do Apple or Spotify.

Podcasts I use Acast so don't see a need for another streaming site.

37 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Noticed a few issues with it. Randomly stops playing at times.

Clear the cache and that should stop. 

Never had any issues with Spotify I’ve had it on and off for years I’ve tried other apps but always back at Spotify .

Unknown user
56 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Never had any issues with Spotify I’ve had it on and off for years I’ve tried other apps but always back at Spotify .

The one thing I don't let slide for a month is my YouTube Premium. TBF I watch a LOT of documentaries on there so the ads thing is worth it's weight in gold, as is playing in the background. 

Adless YouTube + the music app (which I think you can try for free BTW) is brilliant.

6 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

This should fix it. 

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Settings -> Notifications -> Ensure Spotify is clicked on

Our community pages are also worth visiting, there's an on-going issue with the playing bar getting upvoted, a solution forthcoming. 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Now-Playing-bar-missing-on-Android/idi-p/5364978

A clean reinstall process should also help troubleshoot issues on Android. 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/FAQs/How-can-I-perform-a-clean-reinstall-of-the-app/ta-p/4746485

DM me if we need to escalate this. 

Салатные палочки
42 minutes ago, Deodato said:

This should fix it. 

Our community pages are also worth visiting, there's an on-going issue with the playing bar getting upvoted, a solution forthcoming. 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Now-Playing-bar-missing-on-Android/idi-p/5364978

A clean reinstall process should also help troubleshoot issues on Android. 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/FAQs/How-can-I-perform-a-clean-reinstall-of-the-app/ta-p/4746485

DM me if we need to escalate this. 

Cheers. I'll give that a bash. Good to see I'm not the only one experiencing this.