A note of caution

Y2Asj

I wont be rushing down to get a Season Ticket.

Why?

The unreserved joy posted by so many tonight is as a result of a manager being appointed. Read that again - as a result of a manager being appointed.

After seven months.

And at least fourth choice.

From Uganda.

Kinda makes you think, eh?

Ive said it before and i'll say it again - HMFC is doomed whilst the mad b@stard is in charge.

Drylaw Hearts

I think he'll have to do and I hope he get's to live or die by HIS decisions.

I hope he lives as there is something about him I like.

Folk are far too deluded to listen to common sense comments. Romanov could have appointed Harold Shipman as manager and we'd still have seen the pathetic fawning and creaming just because he'd appointed someone (who cares who it is!).

Imagine if this non-entity had replaced Burley when we were actually any good, he would have been written off immediately. Fast forward two years and any mickey mouse manager is enough to have the mob falling over themselves to kiss Romanov's arse.

Sheriff Fatman

Why?

The unreserved joy posted by so many tonight is as a result of a manager being appointed. Read that again - as a result of a manager being appointed.

After seven months.

From Uganda.

Ive said it before and i'll say it again - HMFC is doomed whilst the mad b@stard is in charge.

Last time I looked we haven't got a single person from Uganda on our books, let alone a manager. Vlad may be a "mad b@stard", but I doubt his knowledge of geography is as bad as yours seems to be.

Only a Game

Why?

After seven months.

From Uganda.

If you dont renew now, you werent committed enough in the first place.

We have a manager who tells us quite clearly he is in full control of team selection. The key part of the 1st January statement has therefore, on the face of it, been delivered IMO.

If you're still not renewing on the grounds that something might go wrong from here on in, then maybe Hearts supporting wasnt for you in the first place.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Only a Game
Folk are far too deluded to listen to common sense comments. Romanov could have appointed Harold Shipman as manager and we'd still have seen the pathetic fawning and creaming just because he'd appointed someone (who cares who it is!).

Imagine if this non-entity had replaced Burley when we were actually any good, he would have been written off immediately. Fast forward two years and any mickey mouse manager is enough to have the mob falling over themselves to kiss Romanov's arse.

Youve reached the dizzy heights today havent you mate.

Is Hearts supporting something you really want to continue with in this constant pessimistic cesspit your lieing in ?

Romanov could have appointed Harold Shipman as manager

with the greatest respect I really don't think he could have appointed him,

:eek:

Last time I looked we haven't got a single person from Uganda on our books, let alone a manager. Vlad may be a "mad b@stard", but I doubt his knowledge of geography is as bad as yours seems to be.

nitpick as much as you want. You continue to focus on minutiae of a post whilst I take a wider view.

Im still right, as is Hand of Gord. Any appointment is enough to satisfy the heart-felt desire of so many to have hope. There can be no hope whilst Romanov is at HMFC

We have a manager who tells us quite clearly he is in full control of team selection. The key part of the 1st January statement has therefore, on the face of it, been delivered IMO.

If you're still not renewing on the grounds that something might go wrong from here on in, then maybe Hearts supporting wasnt for you in the first place.

He can say what he wants pal. We all know the truth of the matter

Youve reached the dizzy heights today havent you mate.

Is Hearts supporting something you really want to continue with in this constant pessimistic cesspit your lieing in ?

We'll see at the end of the season who's pessimistic, and who's just another turncoat who changes his opinion like the wind. I'm sticking to my guns, the same guns i've stuck to ever since this incompetent erse started clowning about in this country nearly 5 years ago.

Romanov WILL interfere. You believe what YOU want to believe, we all have our own minds, i presume.

colinmaroon

Much as the Unrestrained Hobongers of Doom - that is distinct from those who are still very concerned but prepared to give the guy a chance - and there is a clear distinction - I hope that he turns out to be not so much "Mickey Mouse", but rather, Leo the Lion!!!

And I agree with DH, there is something about this man that tells me that he is no mug!

He might not be Arsene Wenger but, if he can work in the system and fight his corner, and put up with answering questions from above which GB disliked so much - and introduce some discipline and motivation, then he can succeed!

You pays your money and you takes your choice!!!

Give him a chance, or start moaning now, just so that if he fails, you can crow like some saggy old cockerel!!!

I'd rather be optimistic in this situation (not blindly so) than have that yellow (or is it green?) stuff running through my veins that seems to leak out onto the keyboards!!!

J.T.F.Robertson
We'll see at the end of the season who's pessimistic, and who's just another turncoat who changes his opinion like the wind. I'm sticking to my guns, the same guns i've stuck to ever since this incompetent erse started clowning about in this country nearly 5 years ago.

Romanov WILL interfere. You believe what YOU want to believe, we all have our own minds, i presume.

I think MOST OF US already KNOW he WILL, the question is, HOW MUCH? :rolleyes:

Drylaw Hearts

I'm no Romanov fan as you will be aware but I think this guy deserves a chance to see if he can do the job.

He wasn't my first choice by a long shot and hell he wasn't even Hearts's 5th choice but he's here and he's not from the Pyramid.

We've got no option but to support him.

He's also bringing in his own No.2 which is the first time since Burley that has happened.

Maybe, just maybe, it's going to get better.

I think MOST OF US already KNOW he WILL, the question is, HOW MUCH? :rolleyes:

Just enough to f*k things up, as usual.

The Old Tolbooth

Why?

After seven months.

From Uganda.

I agree with most of that, and would have agreed with all of it had we appointed someone from inside the pyramid, however we didn't, we appointed someone who is (IMO) probably better stocked than Mark McGhee!

MM has never been asked to manage a national side, and probably never will be (the closest he's likely to get is managing the plastic paddys), and the thing I like about this appointment is the fact the guy seems to be very passionate about his beliefs in the game, and also we took someone who was already employed, rather than the easy option of picking up someone who was desperate for a job, surely that has to say something?

Plus he's already been blessed by Robbo at Murrayfield :D

Sheriff Fatman
nitpick as much as you want. You continue to focus on minutiae of a post whilst I take a wider view.

Im still right, as is Hand of Gord. Any appointment is enough to satisfy the heart-felt desire of so many to have hope. There can be no hope whilst Romanov is at HMFC

There hasn't been a single candidate mentioned that would have satisfied the heart felt desire of every Hearts fan. In a competition between a guy who has worked a Borussia M?nchengladbach, the Hungarian National team, Ferencvaros Budapest and the Ugandan national team against a guy who got Queens Park Rangers and Leicester City relegated to the third level of English football for the first times in their history and worked at Bristol Rovers and Plymouth Argyle, I know who I would rather have.

Much as the Unrestrained Hobongers of Doom - that is distinct from those who are still very concerned but prepared to give the guy a chance - and there is a clear distinction - I hope that he turns out to be not so much "Mickey Mouse", but rather, Leo the Lion!!!

And I agree with DH, there is something about this man that tells me that he is no mug!

He might not be Arsene Wenger but, if he can work in the system and fight his corner, and put up with answering questions from above which GB disliked so much - and introduce some discipline and motivation, then he can succeed!

You pays your money and you takes your choice!!!

Give him a chance, or start moaning now, just so that if he fails, you can crow like some saggy old cockerel!!!

I'd rather be optimistic in this situation (not blindly so) than have that yellow (or is it green?) stuff running through my veins that seems to leak out onto the keyboards!!!

Just read what youve written. For Gods sake, is there any Club in the UK who would have their manager play the system to avoid team interference from "above".

And the Hobo line is just great - a fine old chestnut, and forever the reserve of the blinkered.

Are you REALLY happy with this guy? 4th choice? He sounds to me like Berti Vogts but from Eastern Europe.

I'm no Romanov fan as you will be aware but I think this guy deserves a chance to see if he can do the job.

He wasn't my first choice by a long shot and hell he wasn't even Hearts's 5th choice but he's here and he's not from the Pyramid.

We've got no option but to support him.

He's also bringing in his own No.2 which is the first time since Burley that has happened.

Maybe, just maybe, it's going to get better.

Ok then. I've stated my 3 reasons on another thread why i think this guy is just going to be another patsy, another name on the wall. I've yet to hear any reasoned argument as to why he wont be, apart from the fact that he himself says he picks the team! (is he Valdas in disguise?). Anyway your opinion is your own, we wont know for a while how it pans out. We'll just have to wait and see, I don't think he''ll still be the manager this time next year though, also just my opinion.

so you will be happy when we go tits up just to prove you right??, seems to me that is not the case as you spend a lot of time being a hearts fan and just trying to be different................letts all just sat gorgie rules:)

Ok ok we have heard it all a thousand times before.

If you guys don't want to support the club, don't buy your tickets and don't bore us to tears on here repeating your depressing thoughts ad nauseum.

Please just leave those of us who DO want to support the club to get on with it...

Why?

After seven months.

From Uganda.

Were you interviewed earlier today in the Tynie Arms by Talk 107 by any chance??

Out of those 7 months you quote how many were taken up waiting for Mark McGhee out of interest?

Nice to see you can predict the future as well. Any chance of the lottery numbers for tomorrow?

i know that living in west lothian is ****, that's sadly my birthright, but guess what i grew out of that with education i moved on and then i started thinking for myself, mental i know...........grow up chump or you are going to get one of threse as a sig :hobofish: i didn't say he was but?????

Lot of anti West Lothian stuff here tonight eh?

Is that the best you can do? Accuse me of being a Hobo? Woo-hoo arent you the big man.

Well done on the education by the way. Shame you didnt choose to use it when debating online

Drylaw Hearts
Ok then. I've stated my 3 reasons on another thread why i think this guy is just going to be another patsy, another name on the wall. I've yet to hear any reasoned argument as to why he wont be, apart from the fact that he himself says he picks the team! (is he Valdas in disguise?). Anyway your opinion is your own, we wont know for a while how it pans out. We'll just have to wait and see, I don't think he''ll still be the manager this time next year though, also just my opinion.

I think we'll probably have a rough idea by the end of August if he's going to be a 'patsy' or not.

Bringing in his own No.2 is a step in the right direction though.

Hopefully the grip VR has had on the training ground is loosening.

FWIW, I'm not sure if he'll be here in a year or not - recent history suggest no !!

If he is though it suggests he's doing a good job which is what we all want - isn't it ?

Drylaw Hearts
ya cunchie i have just slit my wrists

And the sweary filter didn't see a thing.

Ok ok we have heard it all a thousand times before.

If you guys don't want to support the club, don't buy your tickets and don't bore us to tears on here repeating your depressing thoughts ad nauseum.

Please just leave those of us who DO want to support the club to get on with it...

Aaaaaarrrggghhhhh.

Does it never, ever occur to you that it may just be possible that being realistic preseves the opportunity for the likes of you to blindly carry on supporting? If there is no opposition there can be no debate. If there is no debate there can be only dictatorship.

I offer you Vlad as living proof of this maxim

J.T.F.Robertson
Aaaaaarrrggghhhhh.

Does it never, ever occur to you that it may just be possible that being realistic preseves the opportunity for the likes of you to blindly carry on supporting? If there is no opposition there can be no debate. If there is no debate there can be only dictatorship.

One man's reality is another's delusion. :confused:

I think we'll probably have a rough idea by the end of August if he's going to be a 'patsy' or not.

Bringing in his own No.2 is a step in the right direction though.

Hopefully the grip VR has had on the training ground is loosening.

FWIW, I'm not sure if he'll be here in a year or not - recent history suggest no !!

If he is though it suggests he's doing a good job which is what we all want - isn't it ?

But if he WAS doing well then why would Romanov get rid of him? Oh yeah - because Vlad's an egotisitcal freak who always puts himself before the club. The only chance he has of staying in the job is if he does everything he's told.

It''s qyite funny how Mark McGhee was first choice only for Romanov to start slating scottish managers and saying they weren't good enough. I wonder what bitter and twisted pish he'll come out with if his relationship with Csaba doesn't quite work out...

Only a Game

In the intelligent man's world, opinions change as circumstances change and things evolve. This new manager has come out and said directly that he believes he has full control of team selection, as he should have. If that is true then that is a significant change of circumstances from what we have had in the last 3 years. If that is true and Romanov sticks to it then Csaba lives or dies by his own abilities, as it should be.

I hope its true because this is Romanovs last chance for me. If it proves not to be the case and he messes up yet another season because of it.

Youve decided to stick to your guns. You have strong feelings on it, strong enough to suggest to me that you should stick to your principles and stay away from Hearts. If i felt as strongly as you do I wouldnt be going near the place.

Ive decided that there may be signs that this guy will get a free reign and be able to select the team he wants without direct interference from Romanov. Even that might not be enough because I'm not all that impressed with this guys credentials, although he's certainly started off talking the talk.. But like every football fan of every club accross the country I approach a new season with hope and optimism.

If I ever reach the depths of pessimism that you have I'd give up Hearts completely, including coming on here and constantly bleating about them.

Drylaw Hearts
But if he WAS doing well then why would Romanov get rid of him? Oh yeah - because Vlad's an egotisitcal freak who always puts himself before the club. The only chance he has of staying in the job is if he does everything he's told.

It''s qyite funny how Mark McGhee was first choice only for Romanov to start slating scottish managers and saying they weren't good enough. I wonder what bitter and twisted pish he'll come out with if his relationship with Csaba doesn't quite work out...

As I've said previously we have to wait and see.

It won't be long before we have a rough idea.

I think I'm willing to wait.

Csaba has a very decent European pedigree, better than anyone else linked to the job (if you ignore the Santini paper talk!)

Just because he isn't British will mean some folk won't be happy, but surely the least you can do is give the boy an opportunity!

Just because he is from Eastern Europe does not make him a puppet. Its a big place. That's like saying I'm glad we never got Holloway or another English manager, because every other English manager we have had in the last 20 years has been a convicted paedophile :rolleyes:

I'm still deeply concerned about the state of the club and today does nothing to change the disgust i feel towards Vladamir Romanov.

That said.......... I'll be giving our new manager my full support. Our current predicament is not his fault. If he is giving his best, and continues to behave in a manner befitting the manager of HMFC, then he deserves our backing.

He'll be getting mine.

In the intelligent man's world, opinions change as circumstances change and things evolve. This new manager has come out and said directly that he believes he has full control of team selection, as he should have. If that is true then that is a significant change of circumstances from what we have had in the last 3 years. If that is true and Romanov sticks to it then Csaba lives or dies by his own abilities, as it should be.

I hope its true because this is Romanovs last chance for me. If it proves not to be the case and he messes up yet another season because of it.

Youve decided to stick to your guns. You have strong feelings on it, strong enough to suggest to me that you should stick to your principles and stay away from Hearts. If i felt as strongly as you do I wouldnt be going near the place.

Ive decided that there may be signs that this guy will get a free reign and be able to select the team he wants without direct interference from Romanov. Even that might not be enough because I'm not all that impressed with this guys credentials, although he's certainly started off talking the talk.. But like every football fan of every club accross the country I approach a new season with hope and optimism.

If I ever reach the depths of pessimism that you have I'd give up Hearts completely, including coming on here and constantly bleating about them.

Frail told Donkey on Wednesday that he had TOTAL control of the team from January and I think most would accept that seeing as Elliott kept getting a game ;)

Unless folk are calling Frail a liar now...

I'm guessing you don't agree with Chimpos

Just a hunch likes :rolleyes:

heh heh heh! that's no' you mixing it is it J?

We are all entitled to our opinion, but we really should stop attacking each other!! ok so we all have suspicions about hobos etc etc. FFS , I came on and admitted to being a Rangers fan!! I got some pelters, but then was widely accepted and now receive invitations to parties and get money through the post and stuff. if the new guy picks around 80% of the team, he'll still do ok: he dragged up Monchenvladbach and Ferencvaros (i think) and got them playing some decent stuff, so gie him a wee chance.

Get thae season tickets bought!! ;)

Only a Game
I would have thought with your mighty education you may have realised that the word you were looking for was "retarded".

Just a thought here.

Would someone who is retarded be able to spell "retarded"

Ha !!

Got ye there ya bugger !!

Aaaaaarrrggghhhhh.

But you are not debating, as your mind is closed. You are prejudgung the new manager as soon as he is in the door. What's more you are doing it with same boring reasons that we are all well aware of...

The Old Tolbooth
heh heh heh! that's no' you mixing it is it J?

We are all entitled to our opinion, but we really should stop attacking each other!! ok so we all have suspicions about hobos etc etc. FFS , I came on and admitted to being a Rangers fan!! I got some pelters, but then was widely accepted and now receive invitations to parties and get money through the post and stuff. if the new guy picks around 80% of the team, he'll still do ok: he dragged up Monchenvladbach and Ferencvaros (i think) and got them playing some decent stuff, so gie him a wee chance.

Get thae season tickets bought!! ;)

You get money through the post? :eek:

What services are you offering exactly? :confused:

Only a Game
Frail told Donkey on Wednesday that he had TOTAL control of the team from January and I think most would accept that seeing as Elliott kept getting a game ;)

Unless folk are calling Frail a liar now...

Apart from one or two suspicious little things (like not playing Basso and dropping Wallace the week after he said he was the man in possession of the left back berth), I'd say he probably did.

I'd also say, though, that it was easier to give Frail full control when they had thrown the towel in for the season, which I think Romanov at least had done. Giving Csaba full control and sticking to it will be a major leap of faith I think, but Csaba does sound like its not even an issue he expects to have to deal with.

Shipman's patients actually thought he was an excellent GP.

As for Laszlo being 4th choice - this is a very simplistic way to look at things. Does anyone really think that the Romanovs sat down and drew up a wish list ranking every manager in football? And if they did, how on earth did McGhee end up at the top of it?

If a club needs a striker, tries to sign two or three, and is unsuccessful (for whatever reason), the player eventually signed isn't usually criticised for not being the initial first choice. It should be exactly the same for finding a manager.

Jam Tarts 1874

All you are doing is embarrassing yourself. You refer to Csaba as a "non-entity", by doing so you just demonstrate your complete lack of football knowledge. Csaba has one of the best CV's held by a manager appointed by Hearts in living memory.

In other rantings you claim to have been against Romanov right from the start, really?! I take it then that you didn't enjoy splitting the old firm, winning the Scottish Cup and having a chance to get into the group stages of the Champions League?

Do we also take it that you will in no way partake, celebrate or in any way take any pleasure out of any success that Hearts may achieve whilst Romanov owns the club?

Give it a rest!

You get money through the post? :eek:

What services are you offering exactly? :confused:

Ha ha!!!

I'll let you tell 'em John, since one of the cheques has YOUR signature on it!!!!!!!!!!!! :dribble:

Auld Reekin'

A serious and genuine question: in which interview does he say this? I watched the press conference - the freeview one, as I'm not a member of HW - and I definitely didn't hear him say anything of the sort on that. When pressed on this issue, he either talked in fairly general terms about "teamwork" and collective decision making, or refused to discuss the possibility of Romanov's potential interference at all "at this stage".

If I'm wrong about this and have missed a key statement in another interview, my apologies. If he has in fact made this statement (and it turns out to be the truth!) no-one would be more overjoyed than me! :P

Jam Tarts 1874
Apart from one or two suspicious little things (like not playing Basso and dropping Wallace the week after he said he was the man in possession of the left back berth), I'd say he probably did.

I'd also say, though, that it was easier to give Frail full control when they had thrown the towel in for the season, which I think Romanov at least had done. Giving Csaba full control and sticking to it will be a major leap of faith I think, but Csaba does sound like its not even an issue he expects to have to deal with.

Yes, on the issue of interference Csaba mis-interpreted the initial questioning about "control of the first team". Csaba clearly thought the monkeys were asking about player signings and went on to explain how it works elsewhere in Europe. When specifically asked about the possibility of Romanov telling Csaba to put a certain player into the team, Csaba was clearly mystified about why such a question would have been asked and dismissed it as an issue.

A serious and genuine question: in which interview does he say this? I watched the press conference - the freeview one, as I'm not a member of HW - and I definitely didn't hear him say anything of the sort on that. When pressed on this issue, he either talked in fairly general terms about "teamwork" and collective decision making, or refused to discuss the possibility of Romanov's potential interference at all "at this stage".

If I'm wrong about this and have missed a key statement in another interview, my apologies. If he has in fact made this statement (and it turns out to be the truth!) no-one would be more overjoyed than me! :P

Aye i think you're right mate. the guy discussed COLLECTIVE team selection, hence my post about maybe making 80% of the team selection.

Only a Game

See Post #84 on the thread entitled "No Full Control Then" Its an interview he gave to The Herald (I think) Makes really good reading.

The Scotsman have the same quotes

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Laszlo-takes-on-job-at.4282144.jp

Archived