A note of caution

Y2Asj

The Old Tolbooth
Ha ha!!!

I'll let you tell 'em John, since one of the cheques has YOUR signature on it!!!!!!!!!!!! :dribble:

It's a forgery I tell you, a forgery!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honest M'lud :rolleyes:

Only a Game
Yes, on the issue of interference Csaba mis-interpreted the initial questioning about "control of the first team". Csaba clearly thought the monkeys were asking about player signings and went on to explain how it works elsewhere in Europe. When specifically asked about the possibility of Romanov telling Csaba to put a certain player into the team, Csaba was clearly mystified about why such a question would have been asked and dismissed it as an issue.

Very interesting that he says he has NOT met Romanov in this process yet McGhee had to go out there for eight days boot camp ?

He's obviously not been told about the team selection bit yet :)

It's a forgery I tell you, a forgery!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honest M'lud :rolleyes:

You will most certainly go to the burning fire Mr. Mitchell!! :eek:

Auld Reekin'
See Post #84 on the thread entitled "No Full Control Then" Its an interview he gave to The Herald (I think) Makes really good reading.

The Scotsman have the same quotes

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Laszlo-takes-on-job-at.4282144.jp

Cheers. Hope his statements in these articles prove to be "200%" accurate! :P

Carl Spackler
If you dont renew now, you werent committed enough in the first place.

We have a manager who tells us quite clearly he is in full control of team selection. The key part of the 1st January statement has therefore, on the face of it, been delivered IMO.

If you're still not renewing on the grounds that something might go wrong from here on in, then maybe Hearts supporting wasnt for you in the first place.

OAG. I like your style.

Correctamundo.

We asked for it we got it. Shut the f&^k up!

Harry Palmer

OAG got it 'Spot on', in JKB terms....

Heart of Midlothian have appointed a manager; renew or not??

Now given my username/avatar I'll play the pessimist.... although I'm really an optimist...

I think HoG may require some kind of professional assessment;

Does anyone know when HoG is of a content mood?

Broxburn_Jambo

IMO you don't head up the youth set up at a club like BM who have a fine european pedigree and be an idiot. I think this guy could unearth good assets in Africa and Eastern Europe and to slag him off before he even manages for 1 game is a disgrace.

• Moderators

Quite a few off topic posts had to be deleted from this thread.

Please debate the topic and not the poster.

Charlie-Brown
OAG got it 'Spot on', in JKB terms....

Heart of Midlothian have appointed a manager; renew or not??

Now given my username/avatar I'll play the pessimist.... although I'm really an optimist...

I think HoG may require some kind of professional assessment;

Does anyone know when HoG is of a content mood?

YES, when Benji was playing well and scoring for Hibs in their CIS Cup Final win....he was then posted missing all week when Hearts won and ruined their trophy parade at Fester............all circumstantial evidence of being :hobofish: I know :)

Jambof3tornado

At the end of the day those questioning the new choice manager have to ask,are we better off as a club than we were under pyramid managers(that includes Frail)?? The answer surely is yes,we have a man who is used to interference from chairmen(interview on bbc site says thats what happens in africa),and who can still get on and do a job. He has knowledge of the game/players in countries that Vlad appears not to,so maybe just maybe he is worth giving a go.

If he is doing well and Vlad does a Burley then I think we all know that we cannot allow it to happen so the manager for me gets 100% backing.

Good luck Csaba. Believe 2008/09 coz its got to happen sometime.;)

I'm no Romanov fan as you will be aware but I think this guy deserves a chance to see if he can do the job.

He wasn't my first choice by a long shot and hell he wasn't even Hearts's 5th choice but he's here and he's not from the Pyramid.

We've got no option but to support him.

He's also bringing in his own No.2 which is the first time since Burley that has happened.

Maybe, just maybe, it's going to get better.

I agree that we need to support him but what happens in four months time if he's no good? We will be even futher down the line with egg on our faces. I want this guy to be a success but he isn't what any one on this board wanted or what we were promised, if the jan 1st statement read "we are searching for a manager with experince of Ugandin football, greek football and we hope he has had some experince as a number two in germany" we would all have been raging! Every useless manager we get changes us from right lets protest and show we are not happy to well give him a chance he cant be any worse than what we had, vlad has changed his ways, theres something about this guy, he will have full control.......blah blah.

If he is bringing in his own number two then he is really the number three cause csaba is AK's number two, man that could get confusing!! I wonder if 28,29,zali,miko,chesney and a couple of trialists will play in belfast?

JEEZO!

We didn't have a manager - we moaned.

We now have a manager (with what looks like a decent pedigree) and STILL we moan!

I for one am happy we have someone in place and will give him full backing.

Why don't we ALL wait and see and judge him by his results NOT by preconceived ideas, petty bigotries and a sense of frustration/injustice/hatred of our owner!

Welcome Csaba all the best to you, put us back where we belong!

COME ON YOU HEARTS!

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Ok then. I've stated my 3 reasons on another thread why i think this guy is just going to be another patsy, another name on the wall. I've yet to hear any reasoned argument as to why he wont be, apart from the fact that he himself says he picks the team! (is he Valdas in disguise?). Anyway your opinion is your own, we wont know for a while how it pans out. We'll just have to wait and see, I don't think he''ll still be the manager this time next year though, also just my opinion.

Why do I get the feeling that if we were to win the league this year, you would absolutely hate it?

I really ought to learn to click the back button as soon as the '7 month' rant rears up in a post :mad:

It's widely held that we waited ( respectfully ) for MM and THAT'S where at least 5 months of that went !!

Anyone who wont make allowance for that clearly does NOT really want to be 'convinced' in my opinion :hobofish:

Also, in that case why is nobody giving VR due credit for appointing a manager, with a decent CV and who's from outwith the pyramid, in what is it now, a period of maybe just 5 days .............nah, that just doesn't suit certain agendas does it

I would not have accepted a pyramid appointment either ( oh aye, and what were you going to do about it likes :rolleyes: ) but while this chap doesn't meet the Jan 1 profile ...............I actually think he exceeds those guidelines in what he will bring to the club :dribble:

I wont be rushing down to get a Season Ticket.Why?

The unreserved joy posted by so many tonight is as a result of a manager being appointed. Read that again - as a result of a manager being appointed.

After seven months.

And at least fourth choice.

From Uganda.

Kinda makes you think, eh?

Ive said it before and i'll say it again - HMFC is doomed whilst the mad b@stard is in charge.

That is your choice to make,but others are not claiming to be better supporters just because they have.The choice is down to each individual fan to decide whether or not they get a S.T. But the guy whether he`s 4th or 44th choice deserves a chance to prove himself, before being judged.

Buffalo Bill

You two wrist slashers can go lie in your own pish.

The rest of us us will enjoy whatever good times come and there the beers will flow.

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill
I wont be rushing down to get a Season Ticket.

Thanks for letting us know.

Buffalo Bill

The rest of us us will enjoy whatever good times come and there the beers will flow.

Buffalo Bill

Well said that man!

zicoinexile

Buffalo Bill

Succinct, and to the point. I'm with you. :)

Buffalo Bill

Hi Buffy.

Nice to see you are still your old friendly self.

I'll take your kind offer of swimming in my own urinary discharge under consideration for a while if I may.

But back on topic... I just find this manic worshipping of the arrival of the new messiah to be a tad OTT. Ive said nowt against the dude, by the way, i just think it entirely possible that he may turn out just to be a very naughty boy

Hi Buffy.

Nice to see you are still your old friendly self.

I'll take your kind offer of swimming in my own urinary discharge under consideration for a while if I may.

But back on topic... I just find this manic worshipping of the arrival of the new messiah to be a tad OTT. Ive said nowt against the dude, by the way, i just think it entirely possible that he may turn out just to be a very naughty boy

I think you'll find the majority of posts(ers) are simply saying they are open minded enough to give the guy a chance.

Anyway, should you not be out drowning your sorrows after another howler by your 'goalkeeper'........

I think you'll find the majority of posts(ers) are simply saying they are open minded enough to give the guy a chance.

Anyway, should you not be out drowning your sorrows after another howler by your 'goalkeeper'........

Once more, the wonderful, well thought out argument of "you must be a Hobo". Very good. You must be awfully proud.

Ive no problem with giving the guy a chance, if you care to re-read my posts. I just think that the amount of selective memory and re-writing of history is disturbingly Orwellian. Who needs Charlie Mann when the majority of JKB is populated, it would seem, by individuals more fluent in NewSpeak than Winston Smith.

Once more, the wonderful, well thought out argument of "you must be a Hobo". Very good. You must be awfully proud.

Ive no problem with giving the guy a chance, if you care to re-read my posts. I just think that the amount of selective memory and re-writing of history is disturbingly Orwellian. Who needs Charlie Mann when the majority of JKB is populated, it would seem, by individuals more fluent in NewSpeak than Winston Smith.

Definitely not a hobo...but I must say, you do seem very familiar. Do we perhaps know you by another name? :)

As for your theory, I think it falls down slightly at the point where you insisted that people are indulging in manic worship. There seems to be a very measured approach towards him, people are quite content with his CV and experience and first impressions have been good but of course, it all comes down to what actually happens on the pitch. That seems very sensible to me. There's a general feeling of hope, but given what we've been forced to endure lately, it's hardly a surprise that people will be a little more optimistic for the future now that we seem to have taken a few steps in the right direction.

But I don't see anyone getting OTT, not at all. I do, however, see those who appear to be slightly miffed that the mood has calmed somewhat and are prepared to exaggerate issues in order to generate further unrest. This might not be a result of bad intentions, but it's definitely misguided.

I just think that the amount of selective memory and re-writing of history is disturbingly Orwellian. Who needs Charlie Mann when the majority of JKB is populated, it would seem, by individuals more fluent in NewSpeak than Winston Smith.

What a load of absolute nonsense.

Just about everyone on the board has been frustrated for months at our lack of a manager. Now we have appointed one. He comes from outside the pyramid and has no prior connection with the Romanovs. He has openly stated that he expects full control of the first team - of course there's the chance he won't get it, but at least he's no yes-man. He doesn't have a sensational coaching CV, but it's solid enough, and better than Mark McGhee's for a start (he has also brought a team to Edinburgh and beaten us).

The mood on the board is one of cautious optimism - we have walked long in the darkness and now we see a glimmer of light. Nobody is going overboard. Where you get all of this rubbish about NewSpeak from is anyone's guess.

Definitely not a hobo...but I must say, you do seem very familiar. Do we perhaps know you by another name? :)

As for your theory, I think it falls down slightly at the point where you insisted that people are indulging in manic worship. There seems to be a very measured approach towards him, people are quite content with his CV and experience and first impressions have been good but of course, it all comes down to what actually happens on the pitch. That seems very sensible to me. There's a general feeling of hope, but given what we've been forced to endure lately, it's hardly a surprise that people will be a little more optimistic for the future now that we seem to have taken a few steps in the right direction.

But I don't see anyone getting OTT, not at all. I do, however, see those who appear to be slightly miffed that the mood has calmed somewhat and are prepared to exaggerate issues in order to generate further unrest. This might not be a result of bad intentions, but it's definitely misguided.

Nope - only ever Y2Asj.

I felt there was a move towards some realism on the board, and it was leading to the potential for radical change. But this gadgey comes along, coupled with Hibs pitiful showing in Sweden, and suddenly its "Champions League here we come". Vlads oldest trick, of a little gloss applied (in fortuitous circumstances) has the effect of pulling more wool over the eyes of the support than would fill an Aberdonians deepest fantasy.

shaun.lawson

Just about everyone on the board has been frustrated for months at our lack of a manager. Now we have appointed one. He comes from outside the pyramid and has no prior connection with the Romanovs. He has openly stated that he expects full control of the first team - of course there's the chance he won't get it, but at least he's no yes-man. He doesn't have a sensational coaching CV, but it's solid enough, and better than Mark McGhee's for a start (he has also brought a team to Edinburgh and beaten us).

The mood on the board is one of cautious optimism - we have walked long in the darkness and now we see a glimmer of light. Nobody is going overboard. Where you get all of this rubbish about NewSpeak from is anyone's guess.

I agree. I do think the general lack of communication over the past couple of years has fed extremes: either everything's going to ****, or we're all delighted to have heard something and (it might appear) back on the happy train again. But the biggest concern for all of us was making good the January 1 statement: that was the one thing a huge number of JKBers were united around, and it's been made good now. As long as Csaba proves to be autonomous, there are reasons to be cheerful once more.

Nope - only ever Y2Asj.

I felt there was a move towards some realism on the board, and it was leading to the potential for radical change. But this gadgey comes along, coupled with Hibs pitiful showing in Sweden, and suddenly its "Champions League here we come". Vlads oldest trick, of a little gloss applied (in fortuitous circumstances) has the effect of pulling more wool over the eyes of the support than would fill an Aberdonians deepest fantasy.

Is that so. My mistake, perhaps....

The move towards realism and radical change comment would suggest that you don't think the right moves are being made...what would your idea of radical change be ideally?

And the rest of your post is just complete exaggeration. There's a huge big middle ground between abject misery and unbridled joy...I think we're still much nearer the misery end of that scale. Cautious, tentative and hopeful. I don't know where you're getting this stuff about Champions League... :unsure:

The issue has never really been about Ivanauskas or Frail or Chernenkov or even Burley.

It has been about Romanov!

Has he changed? What has made him change? Why does he want to give up control of the football team to Lazlo?

JamboGraham
The issue has never really been about Ivanauskas or Frail or Chernenkov or even Burley.

Has he changed? What has made him change? Why does he want to give up control of the football team to Lazlo?

No one except Romanov will know if he has changed...I am sure that every Hearts fan is hoping right now that he has...

If he has changed then surely it must be the drop in only two seasons from Champions League football to bottom six...

I don't think he will "want" to give up the level of control. However, the results over the past two years have shown that maybe he should.

If, and only if, Vlad really has been tinkering and making on the park decisions since day one then surely he must be allowed to congratulate himself on the achievements of 05/06. However, one poor season (by our standard) and one total shocker have maybe been enough to convince him it is time for a change...

This weekend I look forward to Hearts matches and the new season....been rather a long time since I felt like that...

As of right now Romanov has a fresh start as far as I am concerned...however, I am sure that everyone at Hearts will know that the fans will be far quicker and more united in their anger if the "old ways" come back in this season...

No one except Romanov will know if he has changed...I am sure that every Hearts fan is hoping right now that he has...

If he has changed then surely it must be the drop in only two seasons from Champions League football to bottom six...

I don't think he will "want" to give up the level of control. However, the results over the past two years have shown that maybe he should.

If, and only if, Vlad really has been tinkering and making on the park decisions since day one then surely he must be allowed to congratulate himself on the achievements of 05/06. However, one poor season (by our standard) and one total shocker have maybe been enough to convince him it is time for a change...

This weekend I look forward to Hearts matches and the new season....been rather a long time since I felt like that...

As of right now Romanov has a fresh start as far as I am concerned...however, I am sure that everyone at Hearts will know that the fans will be far quicker and more united in their anger if the "old ways" come back in this season...

:Agree: :Agree: :Agree:

Fair enough Coco, but I can't see how your post relates to mine.

I agree we need answers to the above questions. What I was saying was simply that nobody is going overboard about the appointment of Laszlo, but that we have all been miserable for so long that it's understandable if people are feeling better.

Pete Seeger

Why?

The unreserved joy posted by so many tonight is as a result of a manager being appointed. Read that again - as a result of a manager being appointed.

After seven months.

From Uganda.

Ive said it before and i'll say it again - HMFC is doomed whilst the mad b@stard is in charge.

I'm gutted.

Theres alot of bad mouthing going on here but in the end all we can do is give the guy a chance.

But again, everyone is entitled to their view and at the moment we are in no mans land IMO.

Why? Because we wait to see as the season progresses if Vlad sticks to his word and leaves the team to Csaba.

Many fans dont know whether to back Vlad or not. Only positive management over this season will turn the tide and give the support its confidence back within itself and the club.

We sit and wait.

Originally Posted by Y2Asj

Why?

After seven months.

From Uganda.

I'm gutted.

Ukol, Glad to hear of your concern.

Whilst a certain "feel-good" is of course inevitable and welcome to the majority, the fact remains that the shape of the club this week is the same as it was last week, except that a manager (who may or may not turn out to be good) has been apoointed, and that there has been some financial shift in what is still a debt of unrealistic proportions.

As I posted earlier, a little bit of gloss does not change the fundamental deep rot that exists at HMFC, and that cannot be cured until Romanov goes. I find it depressing in the extreme that almost everyone is now going down the "well I'll give one last, last chance". How many does this mad b@astard get before he is finally recognised as being the Grim Reaper?

Buffalo Bill
Ukol, Glad to hear of your concern.

Whilst a certain "feel-good" is of course inevitable and welcome to the majority, the fact remains that the shape of the club this week is the same as it was last week, except that a manager (who may or may not turn out to be good) has been apoointed, and that there has been some financial shift in what is still a debt of unrealistic proportions.

As I posted earlier, a little bit of gloss does not change the fundamental deep rot that exists at HMFC, and that cannot be cured until Romanov goes. I find it depressing in the extreme that almost everyone is now going down the "well I'll give one last, last chance". How many does this mad b@astard get before he is finally recognised as being the Grim Reaper?

So what are you going to do about it then?

Everything you've written here is just a banner headline. Words, words, words.

I take it that seeing you're not going to support your team, you'll be standing outside the main stand protesting against Romanov then?

Because that's being proactive. I'd respect that.

Any old geezer can write any old crap on the internet. So what.

Thoughts?

Buffalo Bill

Why?

After seven months.

From Uganda.

Were you in section C ? I moved from the old stand over too section C. if yes thanks mate the seats are great.:fing25:

Ok ok we have heard it all a thousand times before.

If you guys don't want to support the club, don't buy your tickets and don't bore us to tears on here repeating your depressing thoughts ad nauseum.

Please just leave those of us who DO want to support the club to get on with it...

I agree mate.We,ve been shouting for a manager for months now and the negativity which I shared was IMO justified.Now we have a manager ,lets get behind the guy and give him a chance.I can,t believe some of the guys on here sticking the boot into this man before we have even kicked a ball!

Guys, chill out.

We'll be having fun at the football on a Saturday, while Y2Asj sits on his own at home with a sour face. Everyone gets what they want. :)

Aaaaaarrrggghhhhh.

Does it never, ever occur to you that it may just be possible that being realistic preseves the opportunity for the likes of you to blindly carry on supporting? If there is no opposition there can be no debate. If there is no debate there can be only dictatorship.

I offer you Vlad as living proof of this maxim

Yep, I got pelters last season for going on to the SPL predictor and suggesting Hearts would finish 8th. God what an idiot I was, I was miles out, we beat Man U to win Champions League, oh no wait that was a Vlad dream in reality we were utter p$$h and finished 8th. But don't be a realist on here, its bad. Go along with the majority, we only need a bout 4 signings to win the league now don't you know :confused:

Why?

After seven months.

From Uganda.

Out of interest, what would've prompted you to renew?

Out of interest, what would've prompted you to renew?

A guarantee that every game will be a huge victory.

You know, like it used to be all the time.

And the final word on every decision and appointment from owner all the way down to tea lady.

You know, like it used to be in the old pre-Romanov days.

Archived