Jimmy Savile: A British Horror Story.

benny

Horrific but powerful/compelling documentary from start to finish.

Made millions for charities but used that and his connections with the famous before being exposed for abusing children,adults and even the dead in a scale never seen before.

The scale of people who knew him but had no real clue of what he was up to was staggering.The creepy interviews with women and footage is mind bowling.

Yet the public loved him.Fooled a lot of folk who trusted him.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lone Striker

• JudyJudyJudy

• Sooks

• I P Knightley

il Duce McTarkin
22 minutes ago, benny said:

Horrific but powerful/compelling documentary from start to finish.

Made millions for charities but used that and his connections with the famous before being exposed for abusing children,adults and even the dead in a scale never seen before.

The scale of people who knew him but had no real clue of what he was up to was staggering.The creepy interviews with women and footage is mind bowling.

Yet the public loved him.Fooled a lot of folk who trusted him.

I always had him down as a weirdo nonce, tbh.

Even when I was a nipper he gave me the creeps. 

A Boy Named Crow
9 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

He was protected. That might be a hugely uncomfortable fact for people but it is a fact. 

The Johnny Rotten interview from 1978 shows you how well known it was, which by extension shows you just how hard the establishment worked to keep it under wraps. It's mind blowing to think this was allowed to go on. 

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

Just now, Dirk McClaymore said:

I always had him down as a weirdo nonce, tbh.

Even when I was a nipper he gave me the creeps. 

I was never a fan.Never watched any of his shows bar TOTP.

Found him weird but never paid much attention to him.

1 minute ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

The Johnny Rotten interview from 1978 shows you how well known it was, which by extension shows you just how hard the establishment worked to keep it under wraps. It's mind blowing to think this was allowed to go on. 

So well known that he never mentioned it again.If rotten had any evidence he would have said it every day until they listened to him.

JudyJudyJudy

I wrote about it on the other thread " tv programmes"

•  

" Jimmy Savile : A British Horror story" 

Its on Netflix and its engrossing stuff and horrific and raises so many questions.  How was he able to continue his abuse for so long ?   Simple ..He cleverly courted friendships  with powerful people like Prince Charles and Thatcher. They in turn were seen to be consorting with a " man of the people" a working class hero almost. So both got something out if it.  He also got involved with charities and  raised   millions for various hospitals , He then used this to volunteer as various hospitals where he then carried out most his abuse unchallenged. He was untouchable really.  The really odd thing about him was that the people he abused were all different types of people...however all vulnerable from patients in hospitals , disabled people, children from the age of 5 to adults up to 75 , and of both sex. Very unusual. He really was hiding in plain sight as he was interviewed frequently and made various comments which were alarming but weren't picked up on. So many comments about  " girls" and his enthusiasm for them. 

The police need to hang their heads in shame as they nearly got him as they had 3 different statements from 3 victims who were willing to go to court but all withdrew as they thought that each of them were the only people who would go to court.  They were not aware each other had made statements.  if they were aware they would have corroborated each other and he would have got done.

There is no doubt he was a psychopath.  It really was a disturbing programme . However there was an interview with one of his victims who bravely spoke of it and went into details about what he did to her when she was 11 . She blamed herself for not telling anyone. Whilst watching it I was thinking what would I have done if this had happened to me at 11 too?  Would I have mentioned to anyone.  Sad answer is probably not as at the time children weren't as aware of abuse and most probably would have felt they wouldn't have been believed or put into care ?  Whilst the interview was harrowing it was also very moving and inspirational as she feels she has now " forgiven" her younger self by speaking out about the abuse and has moved on.  She is a lovely and brave person.  Thank god child protection services and education about predators are far more robust now and kids can report abuse without fear of not being believed . 

A harrowing watch but well worth a view. 

A Boy Named Crow
2 minutes ago, benny said:

So well known that he never mentioned it again.If rotten had any evidence he would have said it every day until they listened to him.

He never said he had evidence, just that he'd heard rumours, but those rumours must've been going around... and would appear to be bang on the cash 

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

JudyJudyJudy
12 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

He was protected. That might be a hugely uncomfortable fact for people but it is a fact. 

Not so sure about that. He deliberately got in tow with powerful people to court favour with them and sway any suspcious about him. They may have protected him in that respect but by omission. 

He was a classic paedophile and they are skilled and adept at fooling people a lot of the time. He was very sophisticated in that respect. 

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I wrote about it on the other thread " tv programmes"

•  

" Jimmy Savile : A British Horror story" 

Its on Netflix and its engrossing stuff and horrific and raises so many questions.  How was he able to continue his abuse for so long ?   Simple ..He cleverly courted friendships  with powerful people like Prince Charles and Thatcher. They in turn were seen to be consorting with a " man of the people" a working class hero almost. So both got something out if it.  He also got involved with charities and  raised   millions for various hospitals , He then used this to volunteer as various hospitals where he then carried out most his abuse unchallenged. He was untouchable really.  The really odd thing about him was that the people he abused were all different types of people...however all vulnerable from patients in hospitals , disabled people, children from the age of 5 to adults up to 75 , and of both sex. Very unusual. He really was hiding in plain sight as he was interviewed frequently and made various comments which were alarming but weren't picked up on. So many comments about  " girls" and his enthusiasm for them. 

The police need to hang their heads in shame as they nearly got him as they had 3 different statements from 3 victims who were willing to go to court but all withdrew as they thought that each of them were the only people who would go to court.  They were not aware each other had made statements.  if they were aware they would have corroborated each other and he would have got done.

There is no doubt he was a psychopath.  It really was a disturbing programme . However there was an interview with one of his victims who bravely spoke of it and went into details about what he did to her when she was 11 . She blamed herself for not telling anyone. Whilst watching it I was thinking what would I have done if this had happened to me at 11 too?  Would I have mentioned to anyone.  Sad answer is probably not as at the time children weren't as aware of abuse and most probably would have felt they wouldn't have been believed or put into care ?  Whilst the interview was harrowing it was also very moving and inspirational as she feels she has now " forgiven" her younger self by speaking out about the abuse and has moved on.  She is a lovely and brave person.  Thank god child protection services and education about predators are far more robust now and kids can report abuse without fear of not being believed . 

A harrowing watch but well worth a view. 

Brilliant write up.

Not wanting to spoil it for those that have not watched it but the way he used the Leeds branch of police was sadly very skilled and disturbing.

Honestly I believe he used the royal family and thatcher in a way I could see why they would not suspect a thing.

Talking about a man that raised 40 million for charity.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
18 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Jerry Sadowitz LP,  Gobshite, recorded at the Assembly Rooms, has a big bit on savile too.

indianajones
6 minutes ago, benny said:

Brilliant write up.

Not wanting to spoil it for those that have not watched it but the way he used the Leeds branch of police was sadly very skilled and disturbing.

Honestly I believe he used the royal family and thatcher in a way I could see why they would not suspect a thing.

Sex abuse is something that seems to be a reoccurring theme with the Royals and  politics. 

Edited by indianajones

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, benny said:

Brilliant write up.

Cheers 👍In his own warped way he spoke about his “ debit “ and “ credit “ side when he died and if he met St Peter . His “ credit” side was raising millions for charity but he was very quiet on his “ debit “ side . On the whole I think he might have got refused into heaven ! He’s in hell if there  is such a place . Yes his use of the Royals abs politicians was deliberate abs insidious . It was a quid pro quo relationship with them . A massive error of judgement from Charles really . It probably contributed to more abuse 

Edited by JamesM48

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, smiler said:

Went to Jim Davidson’s show at the festival a few years back.

Christ, I'd rather tell people I was a paedo myself than admit to that!

"Hi mate, you waiting to see Jim Davidson??"

"Eh no no no, just noncing bairns"

Fitzroy Pointon
8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Jesus who next Basil Brush ? Bungo ? And please not Jeffrey 

All I'll say is thankfully Zippy had a fastening device on his face. 

jack D and coke
38 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Indeed it is.
Anyone who goes anywhere near the palace or the likes of chequers where he spent numerous Christmases would have the colour of their underpants known by security services and yet he was in with the bricks.
🤮

jack D and coke
38 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Not so sure about that. He deliberately got in tow with powerful people to court favour with them and sway any suspcious about him. They may have protected him in that respect but by omission. 

He was a classic paedophile and they are skilled and adept at fooling people a lot of the time. He was very sophisticated in that respect. 

James cmon that’s head in the sand stuff. Johnny Rotten knew in the 70’s but security services didn’t?

hmfc_liam06
40 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

He was 100% protected, can’t see why anyone would even doubt that.

Fitzroy Pointon

I've not seen it yet but I am planning to watch it now over the weekend. 

Savile really was a disgusting piece of filth but careful and manipulative with it. A very dangerous man with a lot of connections in high places and in the underworld. I can only imagine than he knew a lot of people who were involved in this stuff and thus he had a lot of people over a barrel. Politicians, Royalty, judges, policemen, gangsters.

I read a story a while back that went something along these lines. His nephew ran away to London and was picked up in one of the usual predatory spots outside Piccadilly Station. He was taken to a flat along with other boys and abused by handfuls of men who came and went. On one occasion he recognised one of the men as his uncle, Jimmy Savile's brother. The brother had a bad feeling about it so contacted Jimmy Savile who came and collected the boys, took a bunch of incriminating pictures off them and dropped them off somewhere with a warning they weren't to speak a word of what happened or who they seen (some high profile, recognisable people). Savile mixed in these circles, including with that other horrible piece of shit Sidney Cooke, to help procure children for politicians (Ted Heath), pop stars, royalty and senior policemen. 

It shouldn't amaze anyone that he got away with it for so long when it was apparently well known around the corridors of Aunty Beeb. There's an interview somewhere on YouTube with Andrew Neill where and old friend of Savile, called "Bunny" comes on the screen and drops him right in it, even naming the girl involved. Savile denies all knowledge of it and produces a banana out his pocket and starts eating it. He then proceeds to threaten the guy in a roundabout way, saying he has dirt on him and he wouldn't want the guys wife finding out. Murky as ****. 

The sickening thing is that it most likely still goes on in this day and age. 

27 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Christ, I'd rather tell people I was a paedo myself than admit to that!

"Hi mate, you waiting to see Jim Davidson??"

"Eh no no no, just noncing bairns"

:cornette:

There was a piece in the Guardian a few days ago by Mark Lawson where he spoke about Leeds fans mentioning Savile years before it all came out

The day I thwarted Jimmy Savile: Mark Lawson on trying to stop Britain’s worst sex offender | Television | The Guardian

"During a crowd surge at Elland Road, someone shouts: “Don’t die because you’ll get taken to hospital and be ****ed by Jimmy Savile in the morgue.” (He volunteered as a hospital porter, including morgue duties, at Leeds General Infirmary from 1960.) This shows that horrendous stories about the broadcaster – not just paedophilia, but necrophilia – were in the public domain, at least in Yorkshire, for decades before his exposure."

49 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

All I'll say is thankfully Zippy had a fastening device on his face. 

Thankfully? That was part of his gimp suit.

Anyway, who the **** is Bungo, the boy James made a coo’s erse out of that one.

Auld Reekin'

I'd heard rumours and hints about Savile before but these were reinforced in the early '80s by someone I shared a flat with. A horrible man.

Another Radio 1 DJ was at it as well (well, one more definitely confirmed, anyway :glare: ) 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-60848063 . I remember listening to him in the early-to-mid 80s as the radio was always on at the place I worked at the time.

Mark Page as a younger DJ

Not dodgy-looking at all, eh?   :ermm:

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

James cmon that’s head in the sand stuff. Johnny Rotten knew in the 70’s but security services didn’t?

I never said he wasn’t protected . Seriously people on this world argue about anything . Can’t he have been both , manipulated “ powerful “ people and also hoodwinked others ? It’s no head in the sand from me Jack . 

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

He was 100% protected, can’t see why anyone would even doubt that.

I don’t doubt that , it’s to what extend And I was going to say why ? Bit salad fingers is quite correct below 

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

I've not seen it yet but I am planning to watch it now over the weekend. 

Savile really was a disgusting piece of filth but careful and manipulative with it. A very dangerous man with a lot of connections in high places and in the underworld. I can only imagine than he knew a lot of people who were involved in this stuff and thus he had a lot of people over a barrel. Politicians, Royalty, judges, policemen, gangsters.

I read a story a while back that went something along these lines. His nephew ran away to London and was picked up in one of the usual predatory spots outside Piccadilly Station. He was taken to a flat along with other boys and abused by handfuls of men who came and went. On one occasion he recognised one of the men as his uncle, Jimmy Savile's brother. The brother had a bad feeling about it so contacted Jimmy Savile who came and collected the boys, took a bunch of incriminating pictures off them and dropped them off somewhere with a warning they weren't to speak a word of what happened or who they seen (some high profile, recognisable people). Savile mixed in these circles, including with that other horrible piece of shit Sidney Cooke, to help procure children for politicians (Ted Heath), pop stars, royalty and senior policemen. 

It shouldn't amaze anyone that he got away with it for so long when it was apparently well known around the corridors of Aunty Beeb. There's an interview somewhere on YouTube with Andrew Neill where and old friend of Savile, called "Bunny" comes on the screen and drops him right in it, even naming the girl involved. Savile denies all knowledge of it and produces a banana out his pocket and starts eating it. He then proceeds to threaten the guy in a roundabout way, saying he has dirt on him and he wouldn't want the guys wife finding out. Murky as ****. 

The sickening thing is that it most likely still goes on in this day and age. 

👍 actually he was a really scary character , could be violent , as noted in the documentary . His presentation was one of “ passive / aggressive” type . Very difficult I imagine to challenge without maybe getting a punch to the pus 

Unknown user
27 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I thought it was great post.  

I wasn't commenting on the post except that I'd rather chew glass then admit I'd gone to see Jim Davidson

Auldbenches
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I wasn't commenting on the post except that I'd rather chew glass then admit I'd gone to see Jim Davidson

That's why I laughed.  I'd take it the joke a wee bit further but it seems your line was a but too strong for some.  Stuff it  I'd rather saville got a hold of me than watch Davidson on the telly.    

Unknown user
Just now, Auldbenches said:

That's why I laughed.  I'd take it the joke a wee bit further but it seems your line was a but too strong for some.  Stuff it  I'd rather saville got a hold of me than watch Davidson on the telly.    

Ah sorry I'm with you!

Auldbenches
Just now, Smithee said:

Ah sorry I'm with you!

I should've quoted your original post  it was really funny  

paedophiles are devious cunning and patient creeps who know how to deceive people whilst praying on the vulnerable. 
At the back of my sons house in Kirknewton 

where my grandchildren play one has lived there for 18 years and no one new. Local people were actually dumbfounded he was one. 

The way he was caught was The paedo hunters set up an online sting to catch him, which they did. 
He was arrested and no doubt charged but surprisingly released to return home. However what we assume are locals have bricked his windows whilst he was in the house. 
I don’t think he will be left in peace, deservedly so. 

As for Jimmy Savile he always looked creepy and seedy especially the way he dressed. Weirdo and some. 

1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

I thought it was great post.  

31 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I should've quoted your original post  it was really funny  

:cornette::cornette:

The Real Maroonblood
34 minutes ago, Imaman said:

paedophiles are devious cunning and patient creeps who know how to deceive people whilst praying on the vulnerable. 

where my grandchildren play one has lived there for 18 years and no one new. Local people were actually dumbfounded he was one. 

The way he was caught was The paedo hunters set up an online sting to catch him, which they did. 
He was arrested and no doubt charged but surprisingly released to return home. However what we assume are locals have bricked his windows whilst he was in the house. 

Mob rule.

:facepalm:

1 hour ago, Imaman said:

Probably surprisingly released home as the evidence wasn't there. 

Just now, Tazio said:

Probably surprisingly released home as the evidence wasn't there. 

His texts via Facebook were published and were very disturbing.

19 minutes ago, Imaman said:

His texts via Facebook were published and were very disturbing.

Very possibly a person of interest due to published thoughts or fantasies but if he'd never acted on them the police can't charge for anything serious. It isn't nice but there is a difference between fantasy and actions. 

Weakened Offender
5 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Completely and respectfully disagree. He was best friends with Thatcher and that jakey idiot King-in-waiting. That doesn't happen by being sophisticated. The rumours were well known by then. 

He was establishment-prorected. 

Weakened Offender
5 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Of course. Its ludicrous to think that all that info came out so soon after his death. He was protected and everyone knew it, that's why he was so powerful. 

Captain Slog
15 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Of course. Its ludicrous to think that all that info came out so soon after his death. He was protected and everyone knew it, that's why he was so powerful. 

He was a friend of Cyril Smith too.  Add in Jeremy Thorpe and Ted heath and you can see where his protection came from.  And wasn't he a wrestler too - he would have had underworld connection too - scary, powerful or violent hard men in his circle.

Lord Montpelier
36 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Despicable individual. I'm amazed how nothing came out until after his death. Was reading earlier how people paid respects at his coffin in a Leeds hotel, crazy. 

Auld Reekin'
1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Despicable individual. I'm amazed how nothing came out until after his death. Was reading earlier how people paid respects at his coffin in a Leeds hotel, crazy. 

By having sex with his corpse, I hope?   :whistling:

Lone Striker

It's not clear if he was knowingly  "protected" by the rich & famous - but another plausible explanation is that HRH the PoW and government ministers simply  befriended him to give themselves a link with the young generation who watched TOTP & listened to Radio 1,  and it was good publicity to be seen with a guy who raised loads of money for charity (albeit wearing a ridiculous shiny tracksuit).   

If Johnny Rotten knew he was a paedo back in the 70s, is it not reasonable to think that would be  down to the gossip shared among  pop stars who encountered him on TOTP etc.  Did any of them go to the police about what they believed he was up to ?

Child abuse was tolerated and that is unforgivable. Jimmy Savile got away with because other where at it as well and they didn’t want that cat out of the bag. 

Disgusting but not surprising. It is what these powerful people do