TITP TV Coverage

Regular John

Had a brilliant time from what I can remember.

Bands I managed to catch...

Friday:

Wombats

Alphabeat (oh yes!)

Feeder

Chemical Brothers

The Verve

Saturday:

The Courteeners

MGMT

The Pigeon Detectives

Kaiser Chiefs (couldn't get into King Tut's for Ian Brown)

Sunday:

The Enemy

Vampire Weekend

Pendulum

a bit of Kings of Leon

The Prodigy

Highlights for me were Chemical Brothers, Vampire Weekend (got me going when I was struggling on Sunday), Pendulum (crazy dancing at the back of the tent) and The Prodigy which was absolutely crazy down the front. I managed to lose my phone and wallet but it was still amazing.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friday:

Wombats

Some Scouting for girls

Some KT Turnstall

Chemical Brothers

The Verve

Saturday:

Kate Nash (has to be the worst act to be at any festival? Lasted 1 song)

The Feeling

The Courteeners

Kooks

Fratellis

The Pigeon Detectives

Sunday:

The Enemy

Amy Whinehouse

Vampire Weekend

Pendulum

Kings of Leon

Aphex Twin

Duracell Tent

The pictures we have are great and the girl I got on my shoulders was a looker.

Friday:

Wombats

Some Scouting for girls

Some KT Turnstall

Chemical Brothers

The Verve

Saturday:

Kate Nash (has to be the worst act to be at any festival? Lasted 1 song)

The Feeling

The Courteeners

Kooks

Fratellis

The Pigeon Detectives

Sunday:

The Enemy

Amy Whinehouse

Vampire Weekend

Pendulum

Kings of Leon

Aphex Twin

Duracell Tent

The pictures we have are great and the girl I got on my shoulders was a looker.

what sort of set did Aphex Twin play Hughsie? was listening to "Selected Ambient works 85-92" the other day and wondered what he`d be like live?

Never heard much of his stuff before and only stayed for about 25 minutes but it was a great way to spend some of the evening. Predictably the crowd were loving it.

Friday

The Wombats

Some KT Tunstall (cr*p)

Stereophonics

The Verve

Saturday

The Blackout

The Rocket Summer

Alto Elite

The Subways

The Courteeners

Biffy Clyro

MGMT

The Fratellis

Rage

Sunday

Bowling For Soup

Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly

The Ting Tings

The Enemy

Vampire Weekend

Amy Winehouse (lasted half an hour before going to watch Panic at the Disco who were just as bad)

Kings of Leon

REM

All in all had a great weekend. Highlights had to be Vampire Weekend, The Enemy, MGMT and The Courteeners

Had to wonder at the number of idiots there though. I think its definitely safe to say the sniffer dogs were not in operation! A special mention must also go to the two couples who decided that the best place to relieve themselves during REM was right in front of everyone on the black mat. Then again, I guess I shouldn't have been surprised considering they had chosen to write 'I am a tim' on themselves with black eyeliner.

what sort of set did Aphex Twin play Hughsie? was listening to "Selected Ambient works 85-92" the other day and wondered what he`d be like live?

I read on another forum that he played a little of the analord stuff to start off and then leathered it with his drum n' bass / drill n' bass mentalism stuff.

Was apparently very good. Seen him live about 10 times and some of them have been about the best gigs i've ever been at whereas some have been the biggest waste of money.

Friday

The New York Fund

The Wombats (lasted two songs, they were gash)

The Displacements (never heard of them before but they were great)

Kids in Glass Houses

Feeder

The Verve

Saturday

The Blackout

The Rocket Summer

Kate Nash

Devil Sold His Soul

Fighting With Wire

The Ghost of a Thousand

Twin Atlantic

The Blackout (they did a second set in the Relentless Tent as YouMeAtSix pulled out)

****ed Up

Rage Against the Machine

Sunday

Bowling for Soup

Mindless Self Indulgence

Delays

The Ting Tings

The Xcerts

Velcro Quartet

Pendulum

Sergeant

Holy ****

R.E.M

Had a brilliant time in the arena, the whole Relentless area was a great addition this year, the Saturday especially had some brilliant bands on. The 'Healthy T' bit between the Futures and Pet Sounds was pretty cool for chilling out at as well. Band of the weekend for me were probably Devil Sold His Soul in the Relentless tent, they were brilliant. Honorable mentions to Twin Atlantic, ****ed Up, The Xcerts and Pendulum as well though. RATM I thought were decent enough but not as amazing as people are making out. I love their stuff on CD but I just wasn't all that into their set, being stuck at the back where the sound seemed to be affected by the wind might have affected that a bit though.

Campsite on the other hand is getting worse each year. The toilets nearest me (top of the hill near the Silent Disco bit) were in a state by Thursday evening and as far as I could see weren't cleaned or even emptied over the weekend, would it be so difficult for them to employ some of the 'Portaloo Crew' from the arena in the campsite? Employing some decent security wouldn't go a miss either, the number of bams just out to cause trouble is getting ridiculous now.

Probably won't camp if I go next year, if I do it will be in the Tangerine Field or MyHab bit, more likely I'll just go to Leeds though.

Regarding the neds. They were there and you could see them but as long as you dont end up camped in the wrong area then you will be fine. The worst place seemed to be Red this year I think. Although in saying that I never seen any trouble which is pretty rewarding

Yas! Saw them at Ghostfest a couple of weeks back and they were tremendous.

Glad you enjoyed them. The tales I've heard back from this year's T make it the first time I've actually wished I had been there!

I'd been meaning to catch them for a while but had never quite managed to so to see them at T was great, never thought I'd see that sort of music there but it was a breath of fresh air. They attracted a decent crowd for the stage they were on as well, granted it was only about 150 folk out of 80,000, but compared to the other bands on Relentless over the weekend it was pretty busy.

How was Ghostfest? I had been planning to get the weekend off and head down for it but couldn't. I was mainly wanting to see Architects, Dead Swans, Cry for Silence and obviously DSHS as well, I think alot of the bands are touring up here soon though so I'll hopefully catch a fair few then.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Friday

The New York Fund

The Wombats (lasted two songs, they were gash)

The Displacements (never heard of them before but they were great)

Kids in Glass Houses

Feeder

The Verve

Saturday

The Blackout

The Rocket Summer

Kate Nash

Devil Sold His Soul

Fighting With Wire

The Ghost of a Thousand

Twin Atlantic

The Blackout (they did a second set in the Relentless Tent as YouMeAtSix pulled out)

****ed Up

Rage Against the Machine

Sunday

Bowling for Soup

Mindless Self Indulgence

Delays

The Ting Tings

The Xcerts

Velcro Quartet

Pendulum

Sergeant

Holy ****

R.E.M

Had a brilliant time in the arena, the whole Relentless area was a great addition this year, the Saturday especially had some brilliant bands on. The 'Healthy T' bit between the Futures and Pet Sounds was pretty cool for chilling out at as well. Band of the weekend for me were probably Devil Sold His Soul in the Relentless tent, they were brilliant. Honorable mentions to Twin Atlantic, ****ed Up, The Xcerts and Pendulum as well though. RATM I thought were decent enough but not as amazing as people are making out. I love their stuff on CD but I just wasn't all that into their set, being stuck at the back where the sound seemed to be affected by the wind might have affected that a bit though.

Campsite on the other hand is getting worse each year. The toilets nearest me (top of the hill near the Silent Disco bit) were in a state by Thursday evening and as far as I could see weren't cleaned or even emptied over the weekend, would it be so difficult for them to employ some of the 'Portaloo Crew' from the arena in the campsite? Employing some decent security wouldn't go a miss either, the number of bams just out to cause trouble is getting ridiculous now.

Probably won't camp if I go next year, if I do it will be in the Tangerine Field or MyHab bit, more likely I'll just go to Leeds though.

We stayed in the MyHabs and they were great. We did get quite a bit of abuse when we went to our 'clean' toilet, but to be honest we didn't give a flying **** about what the neds were shouting.

I'll definitely be staying in them again next year.

rossthejambo
We stayed in the MyHabs and they were great. We did get quite a bit of abuse when we went to our 'clean' toilet, but to be honest we didn't give a flying **** about what the neds were shouting.

I'll definitely be staying in them again next year.

how much did the myhabs bit cost? was considering it for next year but heard it was ridiculously expensive compared to just camping

Adi Dassler
how much did the myhabs bit cost? was considering it for next year but heard it was ridiculously expensive compared to just camping

?300 per myhab, which sleeps 2, so ?150 per person if you're sharing.

Makes it an expensive weekend on top of the price of a ticket but i found it money well spent.

The People's Chimp

readiing this is making me pretty annoyed at my ridiculous ability to miss every band i wanted to see on the saturday, bar dusty kid. oh dear. i thought it was about 9.15pm, looked at my watch, it was 10.40 pm and the day was over.....

Archived