TITP TV Coverage

Regular John

Glad you spotted it too, I thought it was some sort of mistake on my part. I've seen far better bands in pubs :sad:

It was absolutely brutal. Sounded like 14yr olds in standard grade music working on their project.

Who on earth would pay money to see garbage like that?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ivanauskas33

Absolutely ridiculous decision from Rage Against the Machine imo. Completely contradicts all the reasons that they have given for signing to a major record label. Still must have been a cracking atmosphere though, considering most folk are there for the music and not the social issues.

Decided to watch this for a while instead of listening to my extensive and if I may say excellent music collection.

The thing that annoyed me most was not the pesh poor acts on display but the presenter with the dark hair alongaside Edith Bowman - offensively bad.

Where do the BBC find these jokers?

Do you mean the weegie female or the English ponce in the leather kilt? If I had one bullet the weegie would get it

Regular John
Do you mean the weegie female or the English ponce in the leather kilt? If I had one bullet the weegie would get it

Yeah, the weegie Noel Fielding look-a-like with the incredibly annoying voice and rubbish chat.

Vile woman.

Patrick Bateman
Yeah, the weegie Noel Fielding look-a-like with the incredibly annoying voice and rubbish chat.

Vile woman.

I dare anyone to have a drink whenever she says something or someone is "amazin" - You'll be wrecked inside 20 minutes.

Prodigy = :thumb:

Indeed they're a class act.

I can't believe from reading the TITP program that Prodigy have only released 5 albums (discounting compilations). Incredible given a 17 year career and their status as probably the greatest dance act ever.

Prodigy = :thumb:

Amazing!! Never been to T before but after watching Prodigy tonight i'll be doing all i can to get tickets for TITP09!!!

Indeed they're a class act.

I can't believe from reading the TITP program that Prodigy only released 5 albums (discounting compilations). Incredible given a 17 year career and their status and probably the greatest dance act ever.

Is it not 4 albums?

Unless you count dirtchamber which is like a LH ableton DJ set.

Patrick Bateman

I like the Prodigy, but I remember seeing them play the exact same stuff a couple of years ago. I'd like to see a new dance band take over.

And here's Amy Winehouse singing like a lonely, disinterested bint at a karaoke bar. Stick to being played on CDs in Starbucks Amy, you're are a waste of space. And the commentary too "Aye, well done Amy, you didn't turn up coughing up blood and falling over." High praise indeed.

RATM were absolutely amazing. Best live act I have ever seen. Prodigy in second (at the corn exchange, not this weekend)

I

And here's Amy Winehouse singing like a lonely, disinterested bint at a karaoke bar. Stick to being played on CDs in Starbucks Amy, you're are a waste of space. And the commentary too "Aye, well done Amy, you didn't turn up coughing up blood and falling over." High praise indeed.

Thought she was good.Far better than Glastonbury.

Thought Winehouse looked a state as usual. She seems to mumble through the set. You can almost see the band looking at her thinking "what planet is she on?". Her and Doherty, wastes of skin. If I had one bullet, i'd kill both of them!!

Generic Username

I see on the beeb someone died at TITP, found in their tent and someone else was repeatedly stabbed in the head and body.

Horay!

Thought she was great - Back to Black sounded brilliant.

It wasn't as bad as her Glastonbury performance anyway.

Why I watched both of them I don't know, because I can't stand her, but I also thought it looked pretty bad. She's a waster, famous only for her notoriety. I really despise people like her as role models.

RATM were absolutely amazing. Best live act I have ever seen. Prodigy in second (at the corn exchange, not this weekend)

Agreed. Monday morning and I'm still in considerable pain from Saturday but it was totally worth it. Incredible act.

Generic Username

I thought I read somewhere that Rage wanted filming of their set to be banned? Did this happen?

I bloody hope not!

Governor Tarkin

Saturday:-

Erol Alkan - Started well but died a bit. Poor crowd interaction though.

RATM - Loud and messy.

Sunday:-

Justice - Dirtier than daft punk. Bit predictable but promising. Nice

Prodigy - Loud and messy. Similar to RATM. Lots of stop/starting with the big beats. Crowd love that sh*t.

Dunno if any of the above was on the telly but along with Seasick Steve and his 3 string they were the highlights of my weekend.

they should have footage of frightend rabbit in the t-break stage, which was packed and they had a song that its first three lines were something like "i've just had my hole"

but they were great anyway

Adi Dassler

The Verve were quite simply awesome.

Closely followed by Primal Scream. You could have scraped me off the roof of the King Tuts Tent by the end of their set last night.

Walter Kidd
The Verve were quite simply awesome.

Closely followed by Primal Scream. You could have scraped me off the roof of the King Tuts Tent by the end of their set last night.

So the Drugs did Work, young Dassler?

Didn't get up to Scotland for T this year so watched on the old telly box. Didn't think the verve looked too good at all. Everyone seems to be raving about them but thought their set was pretty flat.

I made it up on the Sunday to see Pendulum... I have to say they did not dissapoint, King Tuts was absolutly rocking. Also went to see the Prodigy who were also great.

Drew Busby !
Am I right in understanding how great Scottish crowds are? I mean who cares about influences, future work or, shock horror, showing some music, its all about how great Scottish crowds are. A parochial embarrassment.

Agreed, totally cringeworthy. Fact is that a) the audience comes from all parts of the UK and beyond and B) bands/acts will always say that the Scottish/Liverpool/Aussie/NewYork/anywhere etc etc audience is "the best audience"...they say what they're expected to say, it's good manners.

The parochialism extended last night on the TV to a far far too long section of coverage of Amy MacDonald, a one trick pony weedgie chick act with a guitar and an obsession with singing about the Barrowlands. Rank.

As for the presenters, ferking awful.

The parochialism extended last night on the TV to a far far too long section of coverage of Amy MacDonald, a one trick pony weedgie chick act with a guitar and an obsession with singing about the Barrowlands. Rank.

As for the presenters, ferking awful.

Amy Macdonald`s from Glasgow?!

I`d assumed from her grating uninteligable voice that she was from Ireland somewhere?

and on the presenters, well i didn`t find the goon faced boosh impersonator bird anywere near as annoying as the tw@ english guy with the Arthur Scarcgill combover hairdo.

Amy Macdonald`s from Glasgow?!

I`d assumed from her grating uninteligable voice that she was from Ireland somewhere?

A lot of Glaswegians get the two places confused.:rolleyes:

Walter Kidd

Is it just me or does Amy macDonald sing like she has eight gob stoppers in her fat weegie pus at the same time as trying to sing?

Seriously, what is the point in Amy MacDonald. She is pish.

The 'headlining' bands for me were the best of the weekend. The Verve were superb, Prodigy brilliant as always but I am now a RATM convert. Having only listened to my son ranting on about them and Tom Morello and his guitar playing I was well impressed. I'm trawling the web now to buy CDs DVDs to get more of that guitar playing.

Pendulum sounded good from outside King Tuts. The Stranglers were bril as well. Pity so many folk had to listen to them from outside the tent.

I do like Amy Winehouse's music however I dont think her voice was strong enough to carry out a performance on the main stage. She looked like a frightened rabbit and was constantly looking around for re assurance from whoever.

I thought I read somewhere that Rage wanted filming of their set to be banned? Did this happen?

I bloody hope not!

It did indeed, at least the BBC were banned from filming it (maybe they're Hearts fans :P)

I dont think they banned it for money reasons, think it was some crazy freedom of speech nonsense or something like that

It did indeed, at least the BBC were banned from filming it (maybe they're Hearts fans :P)

I dont think they banned it for money reasons, think it was some crazy freedom of speech nonsense or something like that

probably so they could say what they like including "i think you should burn down the American embassy " and "indite george bush for war crimes"

i missed them personally but my mates said they rocked it big time

Is it just me or does Amy macDonald sing like she has eight gob stoppers in her fat weegie pus at the same time as trying to sing?

spot on

I've been sitting watching the interactive coverage for the last couple of hours in the hope of some RATM action...absolutely gutted at not seeing anything.

From what I've seen Amy Winehouse sounded brilliant, The Charlatans looked good and Pendulum sounded incredible.

Loads of footage of Kings of Leon and The Zutons though. They are both brutal.

I stayed in the King Tuts for the last 3 acts last night.

Pendulum: Superb for start to finish. It was a raw titp crowd, nobody holding back, no idiots waving mobile phones above their heads, just hard core party animals "avin it large" so to speak ;)

The Charlatans: A well needed chill after the mayhem that was pendlum, got in a good grove and summed up the best of the 90's in 50mins!!

Primal Scream: Dont think I have to say much....simply rocking!!

Good day overall, glad I never camped for the first time in 5 years as I wasn't on come down mode and avoided the weegies in the campsite!!

Nice one Lewis, they all sounded awesome on telly.

Unfortunately the aforementioned mobile-waving, perennial-flag-waving, three-days-a-year-music-lovers are enough to keep me away from TITP, but those three, Winehouse, Vampire Weekend, Interpol, Battles and I'm sure RATM would have been worth the entrance fee for me.

Yup I was gutted missed RATM and the Chemical Brothers but managed to sneak into the tent to see the last 3 songs of Vampire Weekend which was also spot on. If you now where to go and who to see you can really avoid the vast numbers of dooshbags that now go to TITP because it's the "cool thing to do"!

Will be back next year but will do the same as this year and get a day ticket for whatever day suits!

Bordeaux 03

Pendulum.

That was one mental gig. Even before they came on the crowd was absolutely rocking to the point where you would think someone was actually playing live. When it started i was about a quarter of the way back in the middle, when it ended i was practically at the barrier :wacko:.

MGMT were great as well.

Pendulum.

That was one mental gig. Even before they came on the crowd was absolutely rocking to the point where you would think someone was actually playing live. When it started i was about a quarter of the way back in the middle, when it ended i was practically at the barrier :wacko:.

MGMT were great as well.

Eye Pendulum were possibly the highlight of the day for me. I left the tent at the end to go for a pint and was sweating like garry glitter in a nursery!!!

Outstanding sound and crowd!! Don't think you can beat the king tuts tent for atmosphere!! Never bothered with the main stage once!

I wont let my dug listen to Amy MacDonald.......and I dont even have a dug!!

In fact I might just go out, buy a dug and then make sure it never has to be subjected to her drivel in its whole life!!

Bert Le Clos

Got back after 4 nights camping and I'm unsure if I'll be going back next year. The acts this year were possibly the best I've ever seen, not one disappointed.

Stereophonics and The Chemical Bros on Friday

The Stranglers, The Subways, Biffy Clyro, The Pidgeon Detectives, The Racontuers and Rage on Saturday

Get Cape Wear Cape Fly, The Delays, The Ting Tings, Battles, Vampire Weekend, Seasick Steve, Pendulum, Kings of Leon and The Prodigy on Sunday

All top drawer, but the sheer amount of cider swigging, pill popping Weidgies p*ssing on tents and shouting until 7am, the number of "women" p*ssing all over the place and the never ending chants of "T in the F*!#ing Park" and "Here we F*!# Go" have me seriously considering not going back next year.

Got back after 4 nights camping and I'm unsure if I'll be going back next year. The acts this year were possibly the best I've ever seen, not one disappointed.

The Stranglers, The Subways, Biffy Clyro, The Pidgeon Detectives, The Racontuers and Rage on Saturday

Get Cape Wear Cape Fly, The Delays, The Ting Tings, Battles, Vampire Weekend, Seasick Steve, Pendulum, Kings of Leon and The Prodigy on Sunday

All top drawer, but the sheer amount of cider swigging, pill popping Weidgies p*ssing on tents and shouting until 7am, the number of "women" p*ssing all over the place and the never ending chants of "T in the F*!#ing Park" and "Here we F*!# Go" have me seriously considering not going back next year.

aye only the weegies cause any trouble or get too carried away

if you want a quieter campsite, there is one on the other side of town from the main festival site. I think it`s called Lethangie camp site. I know a few folk that have been there the last couple of years and they`ve had a great time. While all the neds go to get **** faced and fall off the waltzers, you can get on the wee shuttle bus back to you friendly family run, clean toileted, able to sleep, tent and caravan field. It`s a campsite all year round so it`s got proper facilities.

Bert Le Clos
if you want a quieter campsite, there is one on the other side of town from the main festival site. I think it`s called Lethangie camp site. I know a few folk that have been there the last couple of years and they`ve had a great time. While all the neds go to get **** faced and fall off the waltzers, you can get on the wee shuttle bus back to you friendly family run, clean toileted, able to sleep, tent and caravan field. It`s a campsite all year round so it`s got proper facilities.

I wish more of them would! Maybe it would shut them up a bit more. Don't get me wrong, I was happy to sit up until 2 or 3am having a ber with mates, but not being kept up until 6am by *****s singing Rangers and Celtic songs and shouting "hoy pal, have you got any pills man?"

Another campsite is a possibility, also looking hiring a camper van.

Adi Dassler

I must admit i did see a higher percentage of jakeball this year than in previous years but i would in no way let them ruin my weekend.

In saying that there was somebody near the myvillage banging a drum until 7am this morning and i would've happily went over and put my foot through it if i thought i'd have gotten away with it.

Bert Le Clos
aye only the weegies cause any trouble or get too carried away

You're right, not only the Weidgies cause trouble. But I'd say at least 95% of the people who ****ed me off were.

rossthejambo

went for the first time and i have to say that it was really good. great atmosphere.

went to see the music on friday in king tuts tent and they were brilliant. the place was bouncing. the kooks surprised me. they were really good too and i was impressed with the kaiser chiefs.

sunday was a better day for bands like the kings of leon and the hoosiers and panic at the disco.

went to see elliot minor at the end instead of rem and the prodigy ( really not a fan of either ) and was surprised at how good they were live.

went for the first time and i have to say that it was really good. great atmosphere.

went to see the music on friday in king tuts tent and they were brilliant. the place was bouncing. the kooks surprised me. they were really good too and i was impressed with the kaiser chiefs.

sunday was a better day for bands like the kings of leon and the hoosiers and panic at the disco.

went to see elliot minor at the end instead of rem and the prodigy ( really not a fan of either ) and was surprised at how good they were live.

kaiser chiefs instead of rage and elliot minor ( :o ) instead of the Prodigy, REM or even primal scream.

woe is me!

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I had a bloody great weekend. Yes, there were plenty of little neds around singing "Here we ****ing go" but they can be easily igonred.

Highlights of the weekend for me were:

Friday - Stereophonics and The Verve

Saturday - The Pigeon Detectives, and The Courteeners.

Sunday - Kings of Leon and Primal Scream

The Kaiser Chiefs were ****.

Music aside - another highlight was having my brothers mate work in one of the beers tents. Free beer tastes great, even if it is Tennents/Dry Blackthorn Cider :)

The Kaiser Chiefs were ****.

I concur Gavsy - Kaiser's are Pop p!sh

Glasvegas were the Highlight for me. The Verve were close behind them tho.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
I concur Gavsy - Kaiser's are Pop p!sh

Glasvegas were the Highlight for me. The Verve were close behind them tho.

The only reason I left Glasvegas out as I didn't actually make it into the tent to see them. Stood at the barrier outside as they stopped letting people in :mad: - I could hear them, but tgat is all. For what its worth - they sounded great and the crowd were going nuts :wacko:

Yesterday was a complete write off for me. Just starting to feel a bit better after about 18 hours of bed. Highlights for me were The Wombats, Chemical Brothers. Never even went to see any of the headliners on the stages on Sunday as I was in the Slam tent for most of the night. Saturday was the best day though.

rossthejambo
kaiser chiefs instead of rage and elliot minor ( :o ) instead of the Prodigy, REM or even primal scream.

woe is me!

cant get myself excitied about prodigy, rem or primal scream. unfortunately i was overruled to go to see rage. i thought there would be tv highlights but i've been disappointed :(

Archived