Tesco's refused to serve me

Cobblers

I know I've retained my boyish good looks, but even I was amazed when Tesco refused to serve me tonight.:eek:

No it wasn't alcohol I was trying to buy. They wouldn't serve me because I attempted to buy 3 pain killers at the same time: One bottle of Calpol for the house, One packet of Calpol sachets to take on holiday in August, and one packet of Nurofen to take to Belfast on Sunday.

Is it just me or has the world gone mad:confused:

I finally got served by convincing the girl on the till that if I was going to kill myself I wouldn't have wasted ?120 on the bloody shopping before I did it.

Strange that I could buy a trolley full of alcohol without question but they have a problem with Childrens paracetemol.

Too many people were taking boxes of paras to kill themselves.

Apparently suicides are down since they brought in the new laws on selling them in small amounts.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
I know I've retained my boyish good looks, but even I was amazed when Tesco refused to serve me tonight.:eek:

No it wasn't alcohol I was trying to buy. They wouldn't serve me because I attempted to buy 3 pain killers at the same time: One bottle of Calpol for the house, One packet of Calpol sachets to take on holiday in August, and one packet of Nurofen to take to Belfast on Sunday.

I finally got served by convincing the girl on the till that if I was going to kill myself I wouldn't have wasted ?120 on the bloody shopping before I did it.

Strange that I could buy a trolley full of alcohol without question but they have a problem with Childrens paracetemol.

:biggrin:

I understand your frustration, but the girl would have lost her job if she had been caught selling more than 2 since its illegal.

Too many people were taking boxes of paras to kill themselves.

Apparently suicides are down since they brought in the new laws on selling them in small amounts.

The Nurofen tipped the scales mate.

LOL.

Had the same problem this week with Ibuprofen.I have got a very bad back at the moment and sent my partner to get 10 packs but they would only let us have 2 and we are over 40:eek:

I understand your frustration, but the girl would have lost her job if she had been caught selling more than 2 since its illegal.

She was OK about it in the end, but it does seem bonkers that a 48 year old (looks about 25 ish;)) bloke can't buy as many headaches tablets as he likes. Ironically Nurofen is likely to be the healthiest thing I'll consume in my 3 days in Belfast:wacko:

chester copperpot
She was OK about it in the end, but it does seem bonkers that a 48 year old (looks about 25 ish;)) bloke can't buy as many headaches tablets as he likes. Ironically Nurofen is likely to be the healthiest thing I'll consume in my 3 days in Belfast:wacko:

You not happy with the new manager then?

Jeez he's not that bad that I'd want to top myself. :dribble:

Regular John

/QUOTE]

...Because if you're dead you're really going to care about your bank balance?

:biggrin:

I agree with you though, it is stupid.

Guest Maroon Carpet

Didn't know Vlad had taken over Tesco, lol

/QUOTE]

...Because if you're dead you're really going to care about your bank balance?

I take it you've not met the wife. I wouldn't even be safe in the grave:p

The points not wasting ?120 it's spending it on Windolene and bog rolls before I top myself. I can think of more enjoyable ways of wasting ?120 before I go.

Malcolm Tucker

As a Tesco employee, I know it's a pretty stupid law however, I can see why it is in place. Suicide rates have decreased and most people don't buy more than 2 anyway!

I think though, ultimately, it should be at the checkout operator's discretion, like we do with selling solvents (as long they're over the legal age of course!).

Benny Factor
The Nurofen tipped the scales mate.

LOL.

Craigieboy, was that you replying to your own post??... First sign of madness. :P

As a Tesco employee, I know it's a pretty stupid law however, I can see why it is in place. Suicide rates have decreased and most people don't buy more than 2 anyway!

I think though, ultimately, it should be at the checkout operator's discretion, like we do with selling solvents (as long they're over the legal age of course!).

As above. Having slummed it in supermarkets for a good four years I can assure you it is not the checkout operators decision.

Had many the conversation about this with people (well customers) in the past who expressed disbelief alongside a comment alongside something like: "If I was gonnae kill masel, I'd find better ways, like whisky". Which I fully appreciate.

The topper was English customers and their incredulity at the 1230 license on a Sunday.

I found it quite ironic from a nation that allows major stores (supermarkets, clothes stores et al) to open for a full six hours on a Sunday.

Often I've found myself in need of clothes at 1730 but never in need of bevvy at 0800. And when I have needed a drink at that time, I've always had the sense to stock up beforehand. Retail therapy isn't quite as regimented! :)

The Old Tolbooth

They maybe knew what your plans were for the next few days ;)

230183227v4_240x240_Front.jpg

The Old Tolbooth
She was OK about it in the end, but it does seem bonkers that a 48 year old (looks about 25 stone) bloke can't buy as many headaches tablets as he likes. Ironically Nurofen is likely to be the healthiest thing I'll consume in my 3 days in Belfast:wacko:

Slight adjustment ;)

Craigieboy, was that you replying to your own post??... First sign of madness. :P

I just realised what I did there.

It was meant to be..........

The Old Tolbooth
I just realised what I did there.

It was meant to be..........

Ha ha!!!

Andy does that when he's buckled too :D

Slight adjustment ;)

Evening John. I wondered where you were. :)

To be honest it's all part of my defence mechanism against the Irish (OK I know they're British) ladies. If I can't fight them off at least I can claim to have a headache:p

Ha ha!!!

Andy does that when he's buckled too :D

Come on! Dinnae put me in the same league as that artist FFS.

:)

I hope tesco are not reading JKB as they would see that cobblers is indeed misusing that calpol, by horsing it with the beer he bought....seems they might have had a point! :) best way to go about it though is just walk down the street and buy shed loads from all the chemists...too easy;)

portobellojambo1

I take it you've not met the wife. I wouldn't even be safe in the grave:p

The points not wasting ?120 it's spending it on Windolene and bog rolls before I top myself. I can think of more enjoyable ways of wasting ?120 before I go.

I can understand her being worried, it is quite common for people in Morningside and Corstorphine, for example, to wash the windows then have a s h i t before sticking their head in the gas oven.

The Old Tolbooth
Come on! Dinnae put me in the same league as that artist FFS.

:)

Oh come on, your threatening to push me out of the top ten pish hieds on here ;)

The Old Tolbooth
Evening John. I wondered where you were. :)

To be honest it's all part of my defence mechanism against the Irish (OK I know they're British) ladies. If I can't fight them off at least I can claim to have a headache:p

Like you'll get the chance to fight any off :cool_shades:

I can understand her being worried' date=' it is quite common for people in Morningside and Corstorphine, for example, to wash the windows then have a s h i t before sticking their head in the gas oven.[/quote']

Ah but I was brought up in Muirhouse;)

I hope tesco are not reading JKB as they would see that cobblers is indeed misusing that calpol, by horsing it with the beer he bought....seems they might have had a point! :) best way to go about it though is just walk down the street and buy shed loads from all the chemists...too easy;)

But the Calpol's for purely medicinal purposes:confused:

And you admit that? :confused:

Strangely I'm quite proud of that fact. More to do with the fact that living in Muirhouse doesn't mean you have to be a Jakey (although you may question that by Tuesday;)

Actually in the early 1930's it was quite nice down there:p

But the Calpol's for purely medicinal purposes:confused:

cool, i might be needing some medicine in belfast so hang on to it mate:)

cool, i might be needing some medicine in belfast so hang on to it mate:)

I'll be setting up a stall outside the ground;)

I'll be setting up a stall outside the ground;)

oh i didn't think about the football, i will probably just bring my own then:p

oh i didn't think about the football, i will probably just bring my own then:p

I had a similar view earlier in the week but I suppose it would be rude not to go and say hello to the new guv'nor. (and hopefully goodbye to a few of the imposters who've played for us last year;))

The Old Tolbooth
You see that's the problem with young people shaving their heads. I'm still not sure if a baldy guy (no names mentioned;)) is a 21 year old hoody or a 65 year old pensioner:confused:

Closer to the 21 mate ;)

chester copperpot
Closer to the 21 stone mate ;)

Thats better, but think you're being a bit generous there fella. :P

Benny Factor
Closer to the 21 mate ;)

John, there's a pic of you on the CaleyJags website that looks like it's straight off Crimewatch. :P

I had a similar view earlier in the week but I suppose it would be rude not to go and say hello to the new guv'nor. (and hopefully goodbye to a few of the imposters who've played for us last year;))

good point mate. by saying hello to the new guv, i assume that you are saying, beat the hobos and you will be a legend, it's all the job states surely?:) plus you are right i will probably mention a few players who he should have a right good look at, although i would never presume i knew better. butni might just cough my way through ivis....28,....annd the rest...he obviously needs a little heads up.:)

chester copperpot
John, there's a pic of you on the CaleyJags website that looks like it's straight off Crimewatch. :P

Well he does pretty much steal off his mortgage clients.

That was a joke BTW, John rocks at mortgages.

good point mate. by saying hello to the new guv, i assume that you are saying, beat the hobos and you will be a legend, it's all the job states surely?:) plus you are right i will probably mention a few players who he should have a right good look at, although i would never presume i knew better. butni might just cough my way through ivis....28,....annd the rest...he obviously needs a little heads up.:)

Chimpos have you been mixing your drink with Calpol:wacko: I was only kidding earlier on;)

My original motives for going to Belfast were having a couple of days on the lash (in the absence of any European adventures) with my mate from Scotland who I don't see very often.

It developed into meeting up with a few sober colleagues from kickback over the last few weeks, but know I'm quite excited about being there when we first get a chance to welcome the Loverman to the Hearts family.

I was at Derby when JJ first arrived so lets hope thats a good omen.

I went to Sainsburys tonight and got served beer at 2215, without being asked for ID. England aint so bad. I think my boozy, if young, face and liberal licensing laws helped...

I went to Sainsburys tonight and got served beer at 2215, without being asked for ID. England aint so bad. I think my boozy, if young, face and liberal licensing laws helped...

Luckily for you, you didn't try to sneak in a small drugs purchase of a packet of Disprin, a packet of Rennies and some Alka-seltzer:)

chester copperpot
That's not a "Northern" rock I hope:eek:

:laugh:

Apparently they used to give him his biggest commission.

A Leg gedly

The Old Tolbooth

Apparently they used to give him his biggest commission.

A Leg gedly

Ssssshhhhhhhhh :blush:

The Old Tolbooth
Thats better, but think you're being a bit generous there fella. :P

Hark at Twiggy!

Archived