Tesco's refused to serve me

Cobblers

The Old Tolbooth
John, there's a pic of you on the CaleyJags website that looks like it's straight off Crimewatch. :P

That's not me mate, it's my twin brother

Honest! :rolleyes:

contrary to some opinions its not illegal to sell more than two packets/types of pain killers in one sale. nearly all shops/supermarkets have this as policy though, they call it responsible shopkeeping. there are times this should be overlooked though

chester copperpot
Hark at Twiggy!

Damn, wish I'd put the twiggy comment I thought you'd make in white so you wouldn't see it.

So predictable mate, so predictable.

Luckily for you, you didn't try to sneak in a small drugs purchase of a packet of Disprin, a packet of Rennies and some Alka-seltzer:)

With my supermarket expertise I would never have dared (I'm so proud of that aspect of my working life) though I must confess I was slightly ashmed that I had to ask if I could buy beverages after 10pm.

While my explanation "hey, I'm Scottish, I dinnae ken!" did little to ingriate me with the staff, I think my deflated joy at being able to purchase four cans of filth (Carling) post-10pm made my appearance at the old Sainsburys Local slightly more acceptable.

Does anyone know how late I can actually buy bevvy in this ridiculous country?!

chester copperpot
With my supermarket expertise I would never have dared (I'm so proud of that aspect of my working life) though I must confess I was slightly ashmed that I had to ask if I could buy beverages after 10pm.

While my explanation "hey, I'm Scottish, I dinnae ken!" did little to ingriate me with the staff, I think my deflated joy at being able to purchase four cans of filth (Carling) post-10pm made my appearance at the old Sainsburys Local slightly more acceptable.

Does anyone know how late I can actually buy bevvy in this ridiculous country?!

They introduced 24hr drinking laws a while back. Dunno if that stemmed to Supermarkets etc, but it must be later considering you got served in a Sainsbury's.

There's no way you'd got served if it was a 10pm curfew, so just enjoy it whilst it lasts. I believe they tried it in certain area's and it failed (the 24hr thingy) so expect it to turn back to normal within the year.

They introduced 24hr drinking laws a while back. Dunno if that stemmed to Supermarkets etc, but it must be later considering you got served in a Sainsbury's.

There's no way you'd got served if it was a 10pm curfew, so just enjoy it whilst it lasts. I believe they tried it in certain area's and it failed (the 24hr thingy) so expect it to turn back to normal within the year.

If my albeit early impressions of this glorious city are taken into account by the Rt Honourable Gordy or indeed David and his cabinet should they follow Labour, Leeds will be chalked off the approved areas list pronto!

chester copperpot
If my albeit early impressions of this glorious city are taken into account by the Rt Honourable Gordy or indeed David and his cabinet should they follow Labour, Leeds will be chalked off the approved areas list pronto!

I stayed in Leeds about 7 yrs ago when I was setting up a department in the bank.

White rose centre, Majestic's night club and Morley were some of the places I used to frequent.

I stayed in Leeds about 7 yrs ago when I was setting up a department in the bank.

White rose centre, Majestic's night club and Morley were some of the places I used to frequent.

I can quite honestly say I've been to none of them. No idea where Majestic's is (the name may have changed) but as far as I'm aware the other two are fairly far from the centre...?

Boaby Ewing

Think most places in Englandshire are 11 pm for booze -- but you can get a late licence, which plenty of places have these days.

Failing that, ethnic shops are always a solid bet for a couple of late tinnies and some cheap fags.

Archived