• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Cade

• Watt-Zeefuik

• JudyJudyJudy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That felt a bit weird. Hardly any of the spoilers I'd read for the finale came true. 🤣

Far too short an episode for a season ender too. 

Bit disappointed there was no post credits clip...so don't waste time waiting to see any.

3 hours ago, neilnunb said:

That felt a bit weird. Hardly any of the spoilers I'd read for the finale came true. 🤣

Far too short an episode for a season ender too. 

Bit disappointed there was no post credits clip...so don't waste time waiting to see any.

What is the run time? I was hoping to hunker down with at least an hour long episode later on. Don't tell me it's a 30 minute nonsense? 

7 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

What is the run time? I was hoping to hunker down with at least an hour long episode later on. Don't tell me it's a 30 minute nonsense? 

Think officially it is about 39mins but in reality more like 35mins. 

Well, Season Three was shite.

Some real high points, but those were few and far between.

Far, FAR too much titting about with stupid side quests then rushing the "main storyline" in ridiculously short episodes.

Way too many contrivances, conveniences and leaps of logic to resolve things instead of bothering to do good writing.

Characters being forced to make exposition speeches all over the place because, again, they can't write properly and bring the audience up to speed in any other way other than having a character tell you what's going on.

Disney seem determined to kill the goose that lays golden eggs because they want a sunday roast.

I enjoyed the finale to be honest. 

Unfortunate though that the best 2 episodes of the whole series were the last 2. 

Agree with what Cade has posted.

They rushed many of the threads in season 3. The return to retake Mandalore could have been stretched out over two seasons IMO. 

That said, I still enjoyed it. 

The one thing that niggled in the last episode was how chatty and cheerful he’s got since season 1. Now he’s calling robots Buddy and being all civil to people as opposed to barely speaking. I suppose the writers will claim it’s because Grogu has made him more emotional and caring, I think it’s just a lack of continuity in character development. 

• 2 weeks later...

Season 2 of Star Wars Visions released yesterday.

Those that don't know, these are short animated tales (15mins or so), each telling a different story and different styles of animation. They aren't 'canon' but some can be quite interesting.

I really enjoyed most of season 1, albeit a couple of daft episodes thrown in.

I think I have watched 6 of the new ones so far (there's 9), again not too bad although every single one has been female led, which seems a bit OTT. With Disney you never know if this is due to them being the best stories or an agenda 😁  

I really didn't like Aardman Animations episode though. Never really liked Wallace & Gromit etc as not keen on that style.

Anyway, worth checking out if you have a couple of spare hours.

Star Wars: Young Jedi Adventures was also released. This is a kids animated series set within the High Republic era. I believe this may be 'canon' so will probably watch it and then forget about it. 😁

• 3 weeks later...

Don't want to start a new thread but obviously he is in the new Ahsoka show. Thought he was great in Rome. 🙁

• 3 weeks later...

Hope for another Andor :verysmug:

Fear another Obi-Wan Kenobi :muggy:

Quality of The Mandalorian has fallen off a cliff too.......

Edited by Cade

• 1 month later...
JudyJudyJudy
41 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Latest trailer

I thought I saw ray Stevenson in this clip  . Rip . Looks great series . 

21 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I thought I saw ray Stevenson in this clip  . Rip . Looks great series . 

Might want to watch Star Wars Rebels beforehand, if you haven't already.

Not sure about the casting of Hera Syndulla mind you 🤔

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Never heard of that person . Yeah I’ll do that . 

3 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Ewan McGregor's other half innit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seems to be talk that Ahsoka is now going to show a day earlier than expected, so the 22nd.

Also the early reactions seem to be really positive. 👍

2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Seems to be talk that Ahsoka is now going to show a day earlier than expected, so the 22nd.

Also the early reactions seem to be really positive. 👍

👍

Good start to Ahsoka. Good performances and better production design than some of the other recent efforts. Hopefully it will avoid the usual of having one deeply dull slow episode in the middle of the season. 

Spoiler

Not sure what to make of Ahsoka training Sabine. As far as I'm aware, Sabine didn't show any signs of being force sensitive in Rebels?

Dean Winchester
3 hours ago, Bindy Badgy said:
  Hide contents

Not sure what to make of Ahsoka training Sabine. As far as I'm aware, Sabine didn't show any signs of being force sensitive in Rebels?

Spoiler

She didn't and they touched on this with Huyang stating she was basically the most inept padawan with the force he had seen in his 25,000 years

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to start Ahsoka last night and gave up about 40 minutes in on the first episode. The plot twists were foreshadowed a mile away, the dialog was wooden and paced way too slow, and Rosario Dawson wasn't given nearly enough to do outside the fighting sequences.

I must say the sets, the fighting sequences, the costumes, the effects were all beautiful. I just couldn't deal with Jedi-trained super-minds getting duped by grade C 1940s film noir level twists.

But reading the reviews here (without the spoilers) I should stay with it?

Dean Winchester
2 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

I tried to start Ahsoka last night and gave up about 40 minutes in on the first episode. The plot twists were foreshadowed a mile away, the dialog was wooden and paced way too slow, and Rosario Dawson wasn't given nearly enough to do outside the fighting sequences.

I must say the sets, the fighting sequences, the costumes, the effects were all beautiful. I just couldn't deal with Jedi-trained super-minds getting duped by grade C 1940s film noir level twists.

But reading the reviews here (without the spoilers) I should stay with it?

Can't say that I remember their being many "twists" in the first few episodes. 

I'm curious whether you have watched Rebels? As this is very much called Ahsoka in name only. It's really Rebels Season 5 and the conclusion of that story.

I’m enjoying it and having dragged myself into the current decade and bought a 4k telly at the weekend have to agree that the production values are excellent. Next level light sabre effects apart from anything else. 

Well no surprise but I love Episode 5. 😁

Spoiler

The Clone Wars. Rex cameo. 😍

Thought the lass playing young Ahsoka was really good, she could fairly move. 

And I love seeing the purrgil in live action. 

• 3 weeks later...

Enjoyed Ahsoka, hopefully they do a 2nd season. 

And the finale had...

Spoiler

Zombie Stormtroopers! :yas:

Edited by PortyJambo

1 hour ago, PortyJambo said:

Enjoyed Ahsoka, hopefully they do a 2nd season. 

And the finale had...

Reveal hidden contents

Zombie Stormtroopers! :yas:

Pretty sure there will be a second season with the way things were set up.

Ahsoka will supposedly show up in the Skeleton Crew, which is the next show,  but can't see that resolving anything.

Real shame Ray Stevenson won't be around but hope they recast the role and continue with that storyline.

Pretty sure there will be a second season with the way things were set up.

Ahsoka will supposedly show up in the Skeleton Crew, which is the next show,  but can't see that resolving anything.

Real shame Ray Stevenson won't be around but hope they recast the role and continue with that storyline.

Not got round to the last couple yet but agree about Ray Stevenson. Baylin is the best thing about the show imo. 

• 5 months later...
been here before
12 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

The next tv show...

To paraphrase a line from that trailer 'someone is killing Star Wars, it doesnt make sense'.

Except it does when Disney is wringing every last fart out of it decomposing body.

That looks shit.

neilnunb
1 hour ago, been here before said:

To paraphrase a line from that trailer 'someone is killing Star Wars, it doesnt make sense'.

Except it does when Disney is wringing every last fart out of it decomposing body.

That looks shit.

This is set at the High Republic era, which tbh I am not familiar with as they're a bunch of novels aimed at the teenage market and didn't really interest me. I just really concentrate on tv shows/movies/video games tbh.

I'll watch this but I have a feeling this is going to be like the Willow tv series and totally ruined by some political agenda. I gave up on that before the end. 

I gave up on that before the end. 

So did Disney.

Quietly removed it from their streaming services....

neilnunb
7 minutes ago, Cade said:

So did Disney.

Quietly removed it from their streaming services....

Haha they did show the entire run. I think I got to Episode 6 but then just couldn't be arsed with the last two and kept putting off watching them.  Then obviously they took it off.  

• 3 weeks later...
Placid Casual

Hope the release date of Andor Season 2 is sooner rather than later.