• neilnunb

• Cade

• Watt-Zeefuik

• JudyJudyJudy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Andor so far is better than anything else in Star Wars except Empire and A New Hope and it’s gotten better every episode. If it keeps getting better at this rate, it could end up being the greatest Star Wars installment ever. Yes, even better than Empire. It’s that damn good.

6 minutes ago, been here before said:

Watched the first episode of Andor weeks ago. No intention of watching another.

Aye watched the first one. Bit meh.

Folk have very short attention spans these days.

Especially when it comes to Star Wars. 

In Andor you will not find lightsabre fights, or things exploding every 5 minutes, or hyperactive running about, or every character spewing out witty one liners all the time.

This aint the MCU.

You will find superb writing, deep world building, excellent acting, stunning sets and an underlying sense of tension.

5 minutes ago, Cade said:

Folk have very short attention spans these days.

Especially when it comes to Star Wars. 

In Andor you will not find lightsabre fights, or things exploding every 5 minutes, or hyperactive running about, or every character spewing out witty one liners all the time.

This aint the MCU.

You will find superb writing, deep world building, excellent acting, stunning sets and an underlying sense of tension.

Definitely a couple of "witty one liners" in the episode I watched.

Heaven forbid a Star Wars show having light saber fights...

Edited by hughesie27

11 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Definitely a couple of "witty one liners" in the episode I watched.

Heaven forbid a Star Wars show having light saber fights...

When’s the last light saber fight that was memorable or somehow distinguishable from every other one? The prequels? 

There’s only so many different ways to show two characters whacking light swords against each other.

There’s a scene in ep 3 of Andor that is every bit as spectacular as any light saber battle.

Andor was written in 3-episode blocks.

2 episodes of set-up then a big set-piece to finish off that block.

We just finished block 2 last week; this week was a "standalone" episode that wasn't part of a block.

So next week will be back to 2 episodes of build-up before another set-piece episode for episode 10.

Obi Wan was pish.

Boba Fett wasn't much better.

Mandalorian remains good.

Andor is superb.

27 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

When’s the last light saber fight that was memorable or somehow distinguishable from every other one? The prequels? 

There’s only so many different ways to show two characters whacking light swords against each other.

There’s a scene in ep 3 of Andor that is every bit as spectacular as any light saber battle.

Vader v the Third Sister in Obi Wan was 1 of the best Sabre fights there has been.

I'm perfectly happy with ther being no Sabre fights in a series btw. I just found it amusing that the lack of one was seen as a benefit given it is a Star Wars show.

Edited by hughesie27

been here before

Spaceships, Stormtroopers, weird looking alien types, lightsaber fights, couple of funny droids and Darth Vader.

Thats all you need for a decent Star Wars yarn.

45 minutes ago, Cade said:

Andor was written in 3-episode blocks.

2 episodes of set-up then a big set-piece to finish off that block.

We just finished block 2 last week; this week was a "standalone" episode that wasn't part of a block.

So next week will be back to 2 episodes of build-up before another set-piece episode for episode 10.

Obi Wan was pish.

Boba Fett wasn't much better.

Mandalorian remains good.

Andor is superb.

I maintain that Boba Fett was perfectly fine as dumb fun. I enjoyed it and enjoyed the characters. Obi Wan was a damn slog to get through and I could happily forget the whole thing, despite McGregor and Ingram doing everything humanly possible to drag it to mediocrity. Just killed by an awful script.

I haven't seen the latest Andor but the one before that was everything Star Wars should be.

Really enjoying Andor.

Missed some eps when they were released weekly so was able to catch up and enjoy them in blocks.

The Axe Forgets and The Eye were very very good. 

On 26/10/2022 at 14:02, Mysterion said:

Really enjoying Andor.

Missed some eps when they were released weekly so was able to catch up and enjoy them in blocks.

The Axe Forgets and The Eye were very very good. 

The one that came out yesterday is not as much of a thriller as The Eye but it might be the best yet. The way they show imperial policing and prison labor is pretty remarkable, and we finally get Forest Whitaker's character.

:yas:

Tales of the Jedi was short and sweet.

Some folks getting their jimmies in a rustle because some of it contradicts or retcons previous canon, but that's par for the course for Star Wars these days.

On 28/10/2022 at 14:02, Led Tasso said:

He's in the trailer FFS! :lol:

I’ve drank away the memories of the trailer… 😂

9 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Andor absolutely outstanding again, this time all in on institutional horror. 

Agreed! I think they’ve got the pacing a bit better these last two episodes as well when compared to the build up to the raid earlier in the season. 

I honestly think I could watch a whole mini-series based around the prison system though 😂

Dean Winchester
5 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Andor absolutely outstanding again, this time all in on institutional horror. 

I'm loving it. There hasn't been much in the way of mainstream Star Wars that has shown the horrors of the Empire.

The longer season is allowing them to flesh it out a bit more as well, so a bit more of a slow burn but feels like they're setting up the pieces nicely for a good finish.

22 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

I'm loving it. There hasn't been much in the way of mainstream Star Wars that has shown the horrors of the Empire.

The longer season is allowing them to flesh it out a bit more as well, so a bit more of a slow burn but feels like they're setting up the pieces nicely for a good finish.

Genuinely have very little idea how they’re going to wrap this in three episodes but I’m excited. I mean we know there’s about to be a 

Spoiler

prison break 

obviously but no idea how they pull it off and how they end up reconnecting with the rebellion after it. 

thehibsareintheirbeds

Wasn't sure after first few episodes but last 4 have been fantastic. Really enjoying the gritty prison stuff- so different but gripping in its own way. 

Andy Serkis totally stealing the last couple of episodes even though he's only had about 8 minutes of screen time.

He often gets overlooked as an actor because he's usually just a motion capture CGI model.

His facial expressions are superb.

Just now, vegas-voss said:

It's ****ing great.Seeminly Disney are trying to burn it though giving it no advertisment at all.

Disney are acting like twats just because the show runner successfully gained full control over the show and it's being hailed as the best Star Wars TV show ever made.

So they're trying to torpedo it out of spite.

46 minutes ago, Cade said:

Disney are acting like twats just because the show runner successfully gained full control over the show and it's being hailed as the best Star Wars TV show ever made.

So they're trying to torpedo it out of spite.

Weird behaviour really.New season of Tales Of the Jedi has 100% Rotten Tomato rating.

Tales of the Jedi was good enough.

Just filled in a wee bit of missing lore and background for Ashoka (before her own TV show comes out) and Dooku (dunno why)

thehibsareintheirbeds
42 minutes ago, Cade said:

:wow: :scenes:

Not half! Loved the prison scenes- andy serkis has been some addition.

And Stellan Skarsgard. 

As soon as that turbolift door opened and you saw him on that bridge, you knew you were in for some Proper Acting.

il Duce McTarkin

Finally started watching Andor last week. Three episodes deep so far and it's been superb. 

It's quasi-historical science fiction at its best, and probably what I've been waiting for since I walked out of the Odeon on Clerk Street in 1980 holding my Dad's hand with my mind absolutely blown.

16 hours ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

since I walked out of the Odeon on Clerk Street in 1980 holding my Dad's hand with my mind absolutely blown.

Haha yes, that's where I first saw Star Wars. Had to leave midway through the fourth showing as my mother needed fresh air. Still cast that up to her almost 45 years later. 🤣  back in the good old days when you could remain in the cinema.

The latest episode of Andor was so good. Can't believe we're almost at the end of the season already. 😐

Mandalorian season 4 is already in production.

Season 3 hasn't even come out yet.

Andor season 2 also confirmed.

Obviously, being a prequel to a prequel, Season 2 will be the final season of Andor.

:greggy:

On 10/11/2022 at 09:29, neilnunb said:

Haha yes, that's where I first saw Star Wars. Had to leave midway through the fourth showing as my mother needed fresh air. Still cast that up to her almost 45 years later. 🤣  back in the good old days when you could remain in the cinema.

The latest episode of Andor was so good. Can't believe we're almost at the end of the season already. 😐

First time I saw " star wars" was with my cousin who took me on his birthday !  It was the " Caley " picture house on Lothian Road.  ( I think) 

2 hours ago, Cade said:

Try lining the floor with tin foil and running a couple of wires up to a toaster or kettle.

100% guaranteed bed on time after the first strike  

Another great episode of Andor.

Spoiler

No idea what Saw is going to do.

Luthen is a bad ass.

Mon Mothma is on the verge of flying apart.

Bix is now a traumatised shell.

Cassian now has nothing to live for.

Cyril is going to do something very stupid.

• davemclaren changed the title to Star Wars and all that! (Updated)