Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Cade

• Watt-Zeefuik

• JudyJudyJudy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

been here before

Juat watched the first two episodes of Obi Wan. Jeezo its pish.

How irritating is McGregors voice?

been here before
41 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Trailer for the new season of the Bad Batch has dropped.

Mind when things used to be released?

Don't normally bother with the conventions etc these days but might need to go to London next year.

img_1_1653899501104.jpg

il Duce McTarkin
17 hours ago, Cade said:

And the less said about the perma-raging gymnastic parkour more-evil-than-thou inquisitor the better

Agreed.

The first two episodes were entertaining enough, but a bit shit, really.

10 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Don't normally bother with the conventions etc these days but might need to go to London next year.

img_1_1653899501104.jpg

Those conventions are a nice little earner for cast members who aren’t big stars. I know a couple of actors that go to them, especially the ones in the US. All expenses travel and accommodation and a nice wedge of cash for a meeting with fans. 

A Boy Named Crow

Not really bothered with Star Wars, but the wife is right into it, so I've got more of an outsider's perspective, not a true believer at all. I'd say Obi-Wan Kanobi at least feels like part of the Star Wars story, where as Mandalorian felt forced, like it was trying too hard.

We'll see how it goes, but so far I almost think I could enjoy it, unlike the Mandalorian and the last umpteen films that made me want to claw my eyes out. 

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

1 hour ago, Pap said:

Still. Got Andor to look forward to in August.

Andor has real potential to be a good exploration on espionage during the rise of the Empire.

Already supposed to have a 2nd series in development, guess it's endgame will be a lead in to the tremendous Rogue One. 

The Dragon Reborn

It’s a bit shit seeing Obiwan so tepid. Hopefully he gets his Force confidence and mojo back in the next couple of episodes.

hughesie27

Enjoyed first 2 eps. Imagine the Third Sister will have a significant back story to justify her rage/focus on Obi.

Agree that Leia looks too young but the wee girl is clearly a good actress so can forgive that.

Edited by hughesie27

18 hours ago, been here before said:

I think dropped usually means its dropped onto torrents or an illegal streaming site after its release. 

Edited by Pap

1 hour ago, The Dragon Reborn said:

It’s a bit shit seeing Obiwan so tepid. Hopefully he gets his Force confidence and mojo back in the next couple of episodes.

Think the context is that there are 3 Inquisitors chasing him down in the first 2 eps with one episode specifically having the entire city get a transmission offering a bounty for him.

Using the force/demonstrating he is a Jedi is not the right move when stealth is the best option to avoid unnecessary attention. Ultimately a 3 on 1 lightsaber battle isn't going to end well for him.

The Dragon Reborn
1 hour ago, Mysterion said:

Think the context is that there are 3 Inquisitors chasing him down in the first 2 eps with one episode specifically having the entire city get a transmission offering a bounty for him.

Using the force/demonstrating he is a Jedi is not the right move when stealth is the best option to avoid unnecessary attention. Ultimately a 3 on 1 lightsaber battle isn't going to end well for him.

I was meaning more his reluctance to even get involved in the first place and also him getting manhandled by the thugs and sluggishly trying to keep up with a 10yo. Compare that to him in the early films where he’s acrobatically flipping his way through different locations and destroying anything that crosses his path. 

hughesie27
21 minutes ago, The Dragon Reborn said:

I was meaning more his reluctance to even get involved in the first place and also him getting manhandled by the thugs and sluggishly trying to keep up with a 10yo. Compare that to him in the early films where he’s acrobatically flipping his way through different locations and destroying anything that crosses his path. 

I think it's pretty clear that this is all part of his character development. He has spent 10 years resisting any confrontation, as alluded to by not challenging the short changing boss.

Edited by hughesie27

The Dragon Reborn
44 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I think it's pretty clear that this is all part of his character development. He has spent 10 years resisting any confrontation, as alluded to by not challenging the short changing boss.

Definitely. Hope it’s a quick arc and he gets his mojo back soon. 👍🏻

Placid Casual

I have enjoyed the first two episodes.

But Obi-Wan, every bounty hunter in the city is after you… don’t take off your mask ffs!

Placid Casual
On 29/05/2022 at 20:57, been here before said:

The word ‘dropped’ really grinds my gears too. Cringe every time I hear it.

7 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Episode 3...

A bit of a slow burner 😁

Aye hardly break-neck speed 😁

Episode 4

Tbh I thought this was daft. Easily the worst of the series so far.

The decent bits

Spoiler

The dead jedi...though ffs you'd think they'd take the helmet off the youngling before shoving him in the tank 🤣...and purge troopers making their live action debut.

Fight scenes remain terribly choreographed, filmed and edited.

Writing remains juvenile.

Obi Wan is shite. Still gonnae watch all of it, but.

Roxy Hearts
On 15/06/2022 at 21:37, Cade said:

Vader though  :sweeet:

It's weird that an actor, dressed up in a costume with a full helmet can give a character so much presence and anticipation. One of the greatest baddies of all time.

Season finale

Urgh. I'm not really sure how I felt about that. A bit of a mixed bag for me.

On the other hand 

Spoiler

Nice to see the 2 main cameos.

Perfect opportunity for Anakin to say "now I have the high ground" missed also 😐

8 minutes ago, Cade said:

Well, I'm glad that's over.

🤣 👍 I think overall I enjoyed it but hope they don't go for a second season.

il Duce McTarkin
59 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

🤣 👍 I think overall I enjoyed it but hope they don't go for a second season.

I've quite enjoyed it too, but feel that MaGregor's Kenobi would be much better suited to far darker and more adult storylines. 

Loved the last episode 

Spoiler …

Spoiler

Obi Wan bossing Vader 

Edited by GBJambo

I’m still completely baffled by the casting of the child. Compare it to the fantastic casting of Lyra in His Dark Materials. A believable young female main character. 

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’m still completely baffled by the casting of the child. Compare it to the fantastic casting of Lyra in His Dark Materials. A believable young female main character. 

Amazing acting, really would have been half the show otherwise.    

Carrie Henn, Newt in Aliens, was 9 at the time of filming.

Sarah Polley, Sally in Baron Munchausen, was 9 at the time of filming.

They got the casting in Obi Wan so wrong it's actually funny.

il Duce McTarkin
31 minutes ago, Tazio said:

That was an absolutely top-drawer series. 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Hang on, did I misread that and it was a negative review of young Leia? 

• 1 month later...
On 22/06/2022 at 23:30, Gizmo said:

Hang on, did I misread that and it was a negative review of young Leia? 

It was aye. I thought the lassie done fine. She's just clearly doesn't look as old as she is meant to be.

One reviewer put it this way:

"Leia is supposed to be ten, and she's being played by an actress who's 9, but looks like she's 7 and runs like she's 3"

16 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

This looks like it's going to be excellent.

Rogue One is a fantastic film and (IMO) stood out from the rest because it was committed to its story and not making sequels.  This looks like they have actually taken the time to plan out something that will tell the story of the birth of the resistance and build up to that film. 12 episodes offers a good amount of storytelling. 

11 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Rogue One is a fantastic film and (IMO) stood out from the rest because it was committed to its story and not making sequels.  This looks like they have actually taken the time to plan out something that will tell the story of the birth of the resistance and build up to that film. 12 episodes offers a good amount of storytelling. 

That certainly looks promising. 

Roxy Hearts
21 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

3 episode starter. Oooffttt!

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

That certainly looks promising. 

55 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

3 episode starter. Oooffttt!

A 2 month build up to the final ep of season 1. just long enough to get you hooked and set up the plot for the (2nd) final season.

Roxy Hearts
32 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

A 2 month build up to the final ep of season 1. just long enough to get you hooked and set up the plot for the (2nd) final season.

👍

• davemclaren changed the title to Star Wars and all that! (Updated)